General Comments aka The Time of Speed....

Discussion and moderated historical references to Evernight Games in all its forms.

Postby Counselor » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:24 pm

Cripes, that whole Puffalump incident really was an interesting event. Ke'Fen was the one who had gotten so pissed off about the whole ordeal and he ended up being banned out of it. Then Li left and Beast moved out of Bellum Lupus, leaving a major power void in the guild. Funny though, because that power void allowed a lot of people to step into positions of power that became fixtures in Pri for a while. Lost Moose as GM, myself (Thunder) as AGM and GM for a day, Calis as AGM, Iggy, Captain Morg....it was an interesting period there.

LOL, that's kind of weird thinking that the puffalump incident indirectly allowed for Calis to become as powerful as he did in Pri and Maxim.
Counselor
Peasant

Postby Katalyna » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:20 am

Puffalumps caused quite the stir in guild too, if I remember correctly. :) Suv's guild at the time (dammit I can't remember their name, but they were Oleana and Sarghi was a member of them and I think it started with an "O") hit ISA and I believe ISA threw a fit.

I could be wrong on the guilds involved though.

SunSu, may I make a suggestion? Instead of having all these memories jumbled together, perhaps it might be a better idea to start sticky threads for certain sets of memories. Guilds, Mo'pri/maxim, Comments/BH memories, things like that. It might make the interviewers/fact finders/researchers lives a lot easier :D
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the Nothing I've become
Abaddon/Yoshimutsu's Always!
Katalyna
Stablehand

Postby _Garion_ » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:50 pm

Yeah I remember when someone in TT used them puffalump turns to great advantage in the TT/JC/one other guild possibly TV vs. TGL war. Alias would probably remember who it was that had the puffalump kingdom.
JC forever
_Garion_
Stablehand

Postby SunSu » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:33 pm

OK, damnit..first, this is goign to happen. Everytime I turn around schoo, work, other work, or something else comes up or makes me tired as hell. If anyone has noticed, I haven't even been able to log into the boards lately because of time. Shit, I'm at a job now and MADE the time to log in.

Second, yes Miss Kat, you're thinking just like me. I want to wait until I have assigments made to the writers and staff. That way questions and comments can be tailored by those writers. This forum is just up so folks can comment and all right now.

With that cross yout fingers and hope I can get this going soon. I'm getting tired of not being able to get it going.
I am proud to say that I know what 2+2 is. However, if you see my underwear, please let me know... I lost them last Tuesday.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Dusty » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:40 pm

if you look at that first link at Huntress post you will see something i tryed to tell people time and time again about **Never making it past the 3000 rank** some people kept saying never had over 1000 player's but i do remember like that person having to move up the 3000 to 2000 to 1000 in rank's. I that will be a good thing to note in this.. one other thing is when we get all this done and put into maybe a book or somthing i know it is somthing i would love to have i know most of the people like me that has been around for 5 year's has givin up many sitting at the eating table and many night's with out bed rest and other thing's lol.. Those are some thing's that could be added into a intro or somthing about how the people love it so much they gave up alot of things.

Some old guild's i rembmer TBL KE VV TDoD KaN BL VPG KiSS and other's but those are some steping stones that made history in my mind.

IF anyone want's to know what i remember i am open anytime i am on ICQ or on msn messanger. I have some old thign's on my old pc that i will bring up to help as well. One thing that will be really cool as well is if we can come up with the old map's that where made along time and thing's like that.
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~
Dusty
Stablehand

Postby Alias » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:30 pm

Actually I do remember as the puffalump realm was mine and it did change the tide of the war completely. :wink:

Also 4:20 had a puffalump realm as well but he had used it the previous age (again to great effect).
Alias
Pickpocket

Heya

Postby Rhuin » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:01 pm

Wow, I just had to find somewhere to post. I've been highly irritated with boredom at my current games and I always think of how fun Monarchy was for the 2 years I played it and how much it helped me write. I still look back at The Realm 2x and Monarchy as the best times. Those years in ~VV~ were,,, quite dynamic :D to say the least, the time I had with ~DC~ some of the friendliest and best people I ever played with.

Going to try and spend some time fammiliarizing myself with the new layout and BBS.

I do have a good amount of original ~VV~ rp, Stargaze's , Calbrennar's and Mine, as well a alot of DC's. (though I suppose I can't really give other peoples RP away this long afterward)... butttt it is posted on the internet on some old website I have (I asked permission at the time)<G>.

Last time I was here however I read an amazing post. The Top 10 Games of all time(battles), maybe I remember it because I was quoted at around #4 with ~VV~ :D , but it was a great post. I think that is a stupendous capsule of at least a 2 year time period. I think the writer was anonomys though. But find it!

*edit* http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/5932/frameset.htm
We started some of this just as VV started, even before. it's got Cal, Stargaze, myself and Sorn in it. Sorrrrrrnnnn!

I stumbled across an old Braggarts Hall page somehow still out there, I've found a few BH threads out there. This one has character descriptions of about 24 people from then, including Suvantar and "Neurosis" :D
http://bung.org/~sos/mon/RolePlay/Bios.html

Rhuin ~VV~
Bhalar ~DC~
~?~
Rhuin
Stablehand

Postby 68guy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:35 pm

*gasp*

Rhuin lives...*faints away*

Hey, quick edit here - What age would May of '98 have been? I think I've had my timeline wrong...Maybe even longer around here (Yet I still suck...hmm...)
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
68guy
Pickpocket

Postby Rhuin » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:52 pm

:D 68guy!

I have no memory, it's simply a smear of games over the past 8 or so years. I just hope that if I need something, I saved it somewhere online, or in my piles of disks and cd's.
Rhuin
Stablehand

Postby Euphractus » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:01 pm

Well, 68guy, this isn't quite the answer to your question but it may jog something loose from your memory.

Checking my records I find that 31 July 1998 was in the Age of Iris. My mental memory of when Iris ended is that it ended in August and the next Age started up near the beginning of September (because I recall the issue of school being a problem). Some of my written records, however suggest that the new Age began in August (but those were written some time after the event).

So I would say July was definitely Iris. June and August both possibly Iris.

I thought the old Ages generally ran for about 2 months, give or take a couple weeks. If that is true, and if they had adhered strictly to their ABCs, then May 1998 would have been in an Age that began with an H. ...I might be able to get more than that but that is the best I have for now. Maybe it will be enough to trigger a memory.

I may have some old records that would have that info but they are not at hand.
Euphractus
Armadillo King

Postby 68guy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:29 pm

Actually....the guilds game woulda started with a 'G'. Prolly Gold then...Maybe second beta, I s'pose.
68guy
Pickpocket

Postby Euphractus » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:06 pm

OK, I can narrow things down a bit more.

...from some letters in August 1998.

21-AUG-1998 18:09:06.83
Subj: Suzerain of Sloth

Nobles
There are currently 6 votes for Suzerain of Sloth as our guild
name. It looks like the front runner. [EuphNote: our guild had only 13 people at that time]

I know the guild entered as soon as the new Age began and when we did so we already had the guild name so this would place the end of Iris as after 21 August 1998.

28-AUG-1998 11:51:34.83

[-censored-]
So far the guild game has been relatively quiet. Some people are just
getting out of 80 turn protection. But that will change today. [-censored-]

This would place the end of Iris at the tail-end of August., so Iris probably ran from beginning of July until pretty near the end of August. It may have been in late June, but in any event May 1998 would have been the Age right before.

[-censored-]
[btw I've got a whole bunch more of junk including guid and kingdom rankings that I am just waiting to offload onto SunSu before my computer crashes...At the beginning of the summer I finally deleted all my old scum/scouting reports of old kingdoms from late 1998 and 1999. Don't know why I kept them that long.]

**edited because I accidentally hit submit rather than preview while I was still working on it
Euphractus
Armadillo King

Postby SunSu » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:27 pm

May of 98 would be Gold.. late May.
I am proud to say that I know what 2+2 is. However, if you see my underwear, please let me know... I lost them last Tuesday.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Decae » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:49 pm

It was middle to late May, as Alaura was born on the 6th and I had less time to dedicate.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
Decae
Admin

Postby Salani » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:12 pm

Monarchy '98 - Feb '99

Alpha
Beta
Gold - (DB, VV, CoR, NOR - I joined without about 3 weeks to go)
Iris - (DB, VV, Cabal, RG, The Band, TAC)
Key - (DB, VV, Cabal, TBH, ISA(1), TW(1), 'Angeleto')
Neros - (VV, RR, Cabal, TBH as shadow guild, TW, TT(1), ISA, SoS(1), SoSW (1))
Quasi (the short 1/2 game) - (Not much of note)
Rebirth - (RR, VV, TBH, Cabal, TW, TT, LKA(1), Lx3, ISA, TL(1), BoB(1), many others this was the explosion age... player base tripled)
Tahnor - (much the same as Rebirth... add TGH on the leto side, kobolds were starting to become important)
"Dysh's Most Wanted #5... and rising!"

Reports of my death are...

... a figment of your imagination.

I said, "Stand and deliver! Or the devil, he may take ye."
Salani
Pickpocket

Postby Euphractus » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:59 pm

The Ages are very nice to have. I am not sure, however, what your intent is with the listing of guilds. If it has to do with what guilds were active at which times, I would point out the Suzerain joined the guild game during the Age of Angie-Leto.

We did not, however, join Angie-Leto. We attacked both Angies and Barnies and we did that from the beginning. I remember there were many complaints on the Angie side about us "destroying Angie-Leto," but what can I say, we never agreed to it or recognized its legitimacy. From our point of view both Angies and Barnies were heathens that deserved to be destroyed.

I say the Age of Angie-Leto because even though all the records I have read suggest this was during Key, part of my brain insists it was Iris. If Iris was July/August then I would have been playing non-guild game. All I can say is that we joined during the Age when Angie-Leto tried to rise and that was in late August or early September.

May Leto, one day, grant me brevity,

Euphractus[/i]
Euphractus
Armadillo King

Postby Salani » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:14 pm

Iris was my first full game, Euph. Basically what happened that age was the influx of Rudolph's Gang and The Band came in under Leto. They attacked DB and VV out of the gate, did not receive a warm welcome from the community, because the community was heavily Barney based at the time and because they were not exactly personable on the boards. By the end of the game, DB and VV had pretty much wiped them out, though as I recall, remnants of them hung on to form another guild later on. That was the game in which DB finished with all of its members in the top 50... probably the single most dominant performance in Monarchy history.

Angeleto was definitely Key. The alliance formed early on and between the two faiths, they were the most persistent I've ever seen in destroying restarts. There was a lot of internal squabbling in DB that age and by the end of it, I and a contingent left, along with a seperate contingent fron VV, to form RR.

My intent in listing off the guilds was to show which ones I considered the most influential in each age. The list is highly subjective and I am probably wrong about when most of them started (signified with the (1)). The first age for most guilds is generally not the most memorable, so many of them were probably around before I give them credit for being around.

- Mike
"Dysh's Most Wanted #5... and rising!"

Reports of my death are...

... a figment of your imagination.

I said, "Stand and deliver! Or the devil, he may take ye."
Salani
Pickpocket

Postby Stryfe » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:37 pm

If the (1) signifies the first age, then Iris should have ISA (1) there. :)
WeeC
Hall Of Fame
im in a place full of leto's im scared and cold :(
Stryfe
Azn Invasion ZOMG!

Postby 68guy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:47 pm

I'm also pretty sure that TW was Gold. I was never in it, but some friends of mine who were playing back then were, and they wanted me to join early in my career. And demmit Mike, ya 'fergot' to mention my guild forming in Key!! Crimson Guardians (Formerly Champions of Barnabas until BoB came along and forced me to change ;p) started out in Key and we were great!!! ;p
68guy
Pickpocket

Postby _Garion_ » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:19 am

I joined TL in Rebirth and it was I belive their 2nd age. It was the last time that Barnabas had completely won an age. Tahnor had the usual backlash when one faith wins an age as both Angelique and Leto struck Barnabas quite heavily, though since there was no guild ranks until right at the end of the age Im unsure how successful we were. One of the most prominent wars in Tahnor was when the biggest angie guild at the time LKA(though it may have been BK) hit CABAL and CABAL decided to go underground and become a shadow guild. The Age ended with TL, RR and TGH on top, with RR hitting TL during the last week or so I think. I agree with most of the guilds you mention Mike except for BOB. I am fairly sure they didn't arrive in force until later than Vahnor.
JC forever
_Garion_
Stablehand

Postby Venus » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:04 pm

first off
wht came after key
then i can answer u about the bob question:>
Venus
Fervent
Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Postby Killer » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:48 am

RoT was started in Zephyr if anyone gives a damn ... lol
RoT

Revengers of Thor
Killer
Pickpocket

Postby Killie » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:51 am

You know, I would be very grateful if someone out there knew when LoF was started. I know I joined during Gold but I am not sure if it was around during Alpha or Beta. The huge amount of mocking it was already receiving would imply it was around in Beta at least but god knows and trying to contact Jacob is pretty much impossible half the time.
Scotland Forever!!

Getting Married on July 7th 2007
Killie
Journeyman

Postby Kwaiq » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:56 pm

PCG was started in Ciloth which if i remember right was the age after Zephyr(When RoT won as HAL, and i believe the age Lx3 was disbanded??)

I think Faust was the age Improv was started, cuz i think thats when SR and SoS left the guilds game. Not sure exactly how long after Ciloth Faust was though.
Anti-Hero | Your favorite players favorite player
C o m b r i c c o l a ... The original one man band.
Kwaiq
Squire

Postby Euphractus » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:44 pm

If I recall correctly, the Suzerain did not leave the guild game until Mo'Pri started (which was a little after Improv). My recollection was that Improv was not advertised as an RP-intensive version of the guild game, but Mo'Pri was.

In my timeline I show us (SoS) leaving guilds and entering Mo'Pri at the end of August / beginning of September 1999 which would mean we spent almost exactly a year in the guilds game.

Ah yes, Ciloth. When I first saw that I reckoned you could pronounce as SeeLoth (Sloth)--looked to be a good omen, didn't quite pan out, but I suppose that is what happens when you twist things to fit.
:wink:
Euphractus
Armadillo King

PreviousNext

Return to Game History