The Complete History of Evernight.

Discussion and moderated historical references to Evernight Games in all its forms.

Postby Ostro » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:47 pm

Kille, you can't call people dumb. You're the BH Fool of the Year '98. I've already started asking people that have left the game for various reasons if they'd like to be interviewed. A few have agreed to sharing their stories (after I filter out the harshness of a few), though I'm waiting for some idea of what I'm supposed to ask.
Ostro GoPF Forever!
"Wait, what game?"
Ostro
Journeyman

Postby SunSu » Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:49 pm

LOL, Killie. Yes, there will be differing opinions. That is why there will be fact checking. I hope to make this as complete and thorough as possible.

It is an intensive project, like writing a mini-book probably.

Here is a little elaboration on what I see as the job descriptions:

Writers:
Help with interview and research as they have time. Help to organize outline, flow-charts, etc. prior to interviews and research and as interviews and research are accumulated. Then, of course, writing, re-writing and some proof reading.

Fact-finders\interviewers:
These are the investigators that will track down leads and information. They will also help to organize it as it comes in. of course this is over the net, so a lot fo the interviews can and will be forms submitted via email.

Proof-readers:
Pretty obvious. Look for language and spelling errors. Suggest possible changes and possibly reverify facts.

Database manager/ Web author:
This could be, and probably will be, more than one person. This will include organization of stories, pictures and links. I would like to have a possible glossary and index. It will require some type of flowchart.

Time of each of these will vary. The first month or so will be gathering basic information and deciding the outline and chapter divisions. I would like at leas tthe writers to be part of this. I want to get a basic interview sheet of about twenty questions up so that all players are asked the same questions. There will probably be two to three rounds of interviews of the same person as we gather more information and have to go back and research. Actually, I think I will need more fact finders/verifiers and interviewers. Probably need up to eight writers to spread the load around as well.

Volunteers so far (If you left open I will put in parentheses what you might do, if you want to change or something else, that is fine):

Vothus:Proof reader you say, proof reader you be.

Kat: (writer)

Ostro: (Fact finder/checker/interviewer)

Mykayla:Writer/proof reader/(co-editor)

Caile: Proof reader

Sorn: Official lego movie maker

Viper: WEb page developer/databases

Magus: First official Official to call me nuts (3, 879,081 person to call me nuts overall)

Lyssia proof reader/(writer)

Topaz: (Don't know time you have available. Would love to have as a fact person and interviewer)

Shigee: Database/web page

Cruella: (fact person/ interviewer)

Sarghi: Your choice man, let me know.

Drake: Writer

Cindy: (Fact checker/possible database)

Killie: (interviewer/ fact checker (no FACT SKEWING!!));P

Mav: Up to you, interviewer?

Let me know all at enhistory@ejlepp.com

Last, Decae and SD have not been heard from. I checked with SD before I ever posted this and he said see what everyone says. Of course, we need to let Magus vent a little more too, but we all ignore him anyway. ;) I'd like to hear if I have their well wishes and a little support. Now, by support I don't expect actual participation except for availibility for interviews, fact checking and final approval.

Oh, and maybe an ittee, bittee forum. --bats eyes--

Anyway...this is still not concrete until I hear from them. However, I really think this will be a great experience for those that help and will benefit the whole community.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Mykayla » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:00 pm

Ooooo...do I get a special Co-Editor Office and name plaque thingie?? and my name on the door too??? and a hat that says "#1 Co-editor"?????

*smacks self* I think I might be getting a little carried away with this editor business....
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Dyvim Tvar » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:07 pm

*shrugs*
I have no life whatsoever for the forseeable future and thus I'm more than willing to dedicate time to something as potentially interesting as this.
Eddie Kim sends his regards, motherfucker!
WhY so SeriOUs?
FOXHOUND - It'll make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur, just like me!
Dyvim Tvar
International Superstar

Postby Lak » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:25 pm

I think this is a great idea...

I'd be willing to help out if you need anything done.
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~I look to my Eskimo Friend
When I'm down, down, down...~
Lak
Mad but cute

Postby SoulDemon » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:10 pm

I have no problems with it, and will be more then happy to contribute what I can remember. But you are talking about a pretty significant span of time, and I fear i don't remember everything very vividly.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby SunSu » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:51 pm

Actually Demmy, memory is a funny thing. I have found that when I tell a story, I remember more about the past with every time. Pictures pop in my head that are long forgotten. Also, other people will be remembering different things that will jog memories. That is why this is a project and not just an essay.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Katalyna » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:08 am

Sure, I'll write :)

Although I hope people won't be too upset 'bout my flow charts and outlines being awfully funny looking *snicker*
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the Nothing I've become
Abaddon/Yoshimutsu's Always!
Katalyna
Stablehand

Postby Ubermagus » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:06 pm

The fun stuff has to happen when my internet access is limited to 30 min blocks as time permits.
::shakes head::
If ya'll can find something that I can do, I'm more than happy to, if not, you have my moral support.
Ubermagus
Stablehand

Postby SunSu » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:36 pm

I understand Uber. When are you coming back home?

Oh, and where the hell is Decae... and my FORUM!!

--hides--
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Ubermagus » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:18 pm

Home? Or just out of this Godforsaken sand box?
I get outta this sandbox in April, but then it's back to Germany for me until Jan, THEN I get to home, and back to school.
::sighs wistfully::
THAT is a day I look forward to constantly!
Ubermagus
Stablehand

Postby Alhana » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:14 pm

I can help with web work and proof reading :) *grin*

I have to hold myself back from writting the editor everytime I read a book and find retarded mistakes :P
AlhanaImage
Alhana
Peasant

Postby Calis » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:54 pm

Great idea.

Here's an observation of mine: some people are more specific to certain forums/games than other people. Like...Darnivan (if you remember him) was the King of Solo (fun board-vote thing). Little Devil, Telani, etc, were the faces of Mo'Pri at times. Dysh, Maverick, Khal, they're guilds.

You know what I mean? I'd be willing to have some conversations with people who are doing this, hashing memories back and forth to help jumpstart their minds. But what I'm saying is (sorry if I'm rambling, I'm on painkillers), some people remember more about certain aspects of the game than other aspects.

Whee. But yeah.
Diplomacy in guilds is like sex in an elevator.....it looks real easy until you try it.
killing me softly on butterfly wings with a velvet touch and a suicide dream
Calis
Leto's Best

Postby Mykayla » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:52 am

Well Alhana dear, you're free to bug us 'editor' types when you see something wrong...and certainly to bug us writer types too. No need for restraint... *smoogles muchly and grins*
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Bran » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:06 am

I like the idea Sunny and I am sure that Aidan, Lil and I can dig up some stuff. I may have to find my old computer and see if it still runs but I might have some stuff on it.

Wish I could volunteer for more than that but I got no time..no time..so sad....
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
Bran
Traveler

Postby Alias » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:52 am

I dont know how I missed this thread but I just saw it today, great idea!

Being a child of Aldebaran myself I would be more then willing to help out as well, perhaps as proof reader if you still need one.
Alias
Pickpocket

Postby Porckie » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:41 pm

Hmm..I'm in :) That is..if people are interested in my story..lol :P surely the creation of the Order of the Allmighty Fishingrod is a landmark in Evernight-history? *rolls eyes* Ok..maybe not :P
PoRcKiE
Writer's Corner Pick of the Week, 19-26 October 2002
Nuff said.
Porckie
Pickpocket

Postby Gold_Wyvern » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:22 am

As long as you remember I actually existed all five years or so.. I'm in! :) Anything you want me to do.
Gold_Wyvern
Stablehand

Postby Katalyna » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:33 am

OAFS were created because Porckie is a silly Dutchie.

OK, we got OAFS place in history ;p Next? ;ppp
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the Nothing I've become
Abaddon/Yoshimutsu's Always!
Katalyna
Stablehand

Postby Leif » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:08 am

I'd be willing to help out if ya need me, I think I'm abit more better suited for organizational stuff personally, but you can put me anywhere but writing really. :) or no hwere at all! who knows!

*pounces kat*
Give Blood, Play Rugby
When I grow up I want to be just like Caile!!
CSIP - The New Wave of Government
WTFPWND by Beta
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby SunSu » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:08 pm

Ok, I'm just waiting to hear from Decae. I PM'd him yesterday. The more I think about what needs to be done, the more I know it will need it's own forum. There will be more than five writers needs and I think I will probably assign support staff to each one. I will figure the heirarchy and oganization as time goes on. There will need to be a lot of interviewing, chats, BS'ing etc as people remember things. However, to try to keep the integrity of the facts, it will be best to try and do everything individually. It's sort of like wanting people not to talk at a crime scene so they remember things better....

Rambling there. As I said, there is a lot to think about and it will take a little time just to organize who will do what and how this project wil be tackled. So, until we hear from Decae and whether there will be a forum available...
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Decae » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:01 pm

Forum added. You are the mod, be good.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
Decae
Admin

Postby SunSu » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:03 pm

Thank you Decae.

Now for the task.

What to do first?
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby 68guy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:02 pm

Add another five year newbie to the list. I'll do whatever it is you folks would like, down to the really dirty stuff *winkwink*. Should I, or someone, link Murchad to this here site? Can the forum take his longwinded replies and such?

Anyone know where we can find Grandmaster Beavis? Can't do this kinda thing without trying to find the 'God of Comments'!
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
68guy
Pickpocket

Postby Euphractus » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:45 pm

Once things get going, I'm sure there will be not any difficulty contacting Murchad. I very much doubt that I am the only one who talks to him regularly.

I have to admit I have been very busy the past week or so and so when he and I talked I have not mentioned this forum, so I cannot say specifically what he would be willing to do.

In any case I have been rather waiting for things to start getting organized and move before mentioning anything to him about this.
Euphractus
Armadillo King

PreviousNext

Return to Game History