Bash Update --- All Players Please Read

Archive Forum for our Bashes.

Bash Update --- All Players Please Read

Postby Decae » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:58 pm

First things first. The 2004 New Orleans Bash has been officially cancelled due to the nature of Hurricane Ivan currently in the Gulf of Mexico. It may be entirely benign Friday morning, but the Governor of Louisana has declared a state of emergency, and I will not be asking people to visit the state during such conditions.

At this time Belle is in contact with the hotel staff and is in the process of arranging for any and all refunds that we hope to be able to receive. Do not hassle or bother her, please. She is under an enormous amount of personal stress due to being in the possible path of the hurricane. She has kids, a family, and a home to worry about. Your money will be handled as soon as humanly possible. If you wish to think about her, please send your best wishes through prayer (or whatever medium you choose). Good luck to all in the south who may come in contact with the storms.

Those of you who have plane tickets, a weekend off, or a way to get here are more than welcome to come to MY HOUSE for the Alternate 2004 Bash.

I live 50 miles south of Washington DC (Reagan National Airport, Dulles International Airport, and Baltimore Washington Airport). If you wish to fly into Richmond Virginia, I live 45 miles north of the Richmond airport also.

My house is large enough to accomodate a gathering of this size and in the country - plenty of noise, plenty of space, plenty of fun.

I'm sure Brian (SoulDemon) and Lizzy will show up, along with Rathowen, myself, and whomever else is close.

My Cell number is (edited) for any contact you may need to have with me. We can probably arrange some type of pickup from the airports.

If you are willing, or want to, come here and party with us - just post and let us know. Everyone, even if you weren't planning on attending the Bash, is more than welcome to attend.

-- Please, post any questions or comments you may have here.

Thanks,
Dustin
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
Decae
Admin

Postby SoulDemon » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:01 pm

We will definately be there. If anyone who is flying comes to Dulles I can probably swing by to pick you up. Just PM me and I will give you my contact information.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Mykayla » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:04 pm

Well, with the Bash officially cancelled, I'll be resorting to my back up plan of partying in Austin. You guys have fun on the East Coast. I'd join you if I could, but I was driving to NO. *snifflepouts* I'm going to miss seeing all of you though.

At least I get to still pose with Ostro's icon. Ostro Does Austin. It could work...right?

To those on the Gulf Coast, my thoughts and concerns are with you above and beyond all else. Be safe...Please!!
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Decae » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:04 pm

I have Thursday afternoon and Friday off. So if you're coming in early, no worries.

My yard has plenty of room for tents if that is so desired and I have a very large house (plenty of place to crash for everyone).
Decae
Admin

Postby Bran » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:20 pm

Wow Decae, I am impressed. That is one of the most selfless acts I have seen in a long time. Opening your home up to all those people so that they will have somewhere to go on what I am sure is some of thier vacations.

That rocks man.
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
Bran
Traveler

Postby SoulDemon » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:42 pm

I have Friday and Monday scheduled off. If nobody needs a ride I'll leave Thursday nite after work. If we need to pick someone up I'll leave friday.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Demi Hemerood » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:48 pm

Calling it the "NO Bash" was just asking for irony to come along and kick everyone square in the pants...
Demi Hemerood
Squire

Postby Misty » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:10 pm

I was wondering all day what people were doing. Was talking to the snowman's mother today as she packed to evacuate Pensacola, and listened to the panic in her voice as she watched the news show the lines and lines of traffic trying to get out of the city. Then she told me about New Orleans, and how there was neither enough transportation, nor enough roads to evacuate people, and they are expecting it to flood. I was like.. "Oh jeez, all of my freinds are planning to go there!."

Belle, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Can we also add Aemuli's parents, and G -n- Tara to our prayer (or other medium) list?

For the rest of ya.. So sorry that your vacations got ruined, and I hope that those that go, have a blast at Dustin's house!

All you Arizona peeps.. come on over! :)
"Well, don't eat it." ~My mom
"I didn't have the best intentions last night, I was just cold."~Aemuli
You can deprive the body, but the soul needs chocolate!
LoF!
Misty
Journeyman

Postby Holden » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:53 pm

First off, my thoughts are with everyone down south. Living in New Jersey and Virginia has given me limited experience with hurricanes and those were relatively minor ones. I can't imagine the more powerful ones.

I think that could be just close enough that I could easily make it, even if I wanted to walk. As long as I'm not sick with a flu bug, I should be able to get there. And if I start feeling better quickly, I might even be able to help out in some way.
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah
Holden
Head Elder of Quid

Postby Bane2 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:14 am

well I suppose this works out since i will probably end up having to work overtime and shit at work.. :( though I was really looking forward to having loads of fun with you crazy people.
a Light burns deep within me, causing all around to see nothing but darkness.
Bane2
Stablehand

Postby Kyrajade » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:32 am

Hrm. Since I seem to be almost sorta kinda pseudo back, and this is now happening in my proverbial back yard, I suppose there's a chance I might even be able to show up. Someone'll have to tell me when and where exactly, but those're minor technicalities.

Bonus points if you can sucker Sunny and Portia up this way as well ;) Wouldn't mind seein' those kooks again.

If you'll have me, that is... *waves emphatically*

Edit: Oh hey, lookie! A Bash forum, with dates and everything. Imagine that.

I'm workin' Friday and Saturday morning. Don't know that I have any plans after Saturday afternoon, however, so if I'm welcome and someone wants to babble destructions at me, I could probably arrange a cameo ;)

Is this a Bring My Own Booze event, or are we being sponsored in our inebriation?
Kyrajade
Stablehand

Postby Virch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:57 am

bravo to you decae, inviting us to your home is very impressive indeed....stones was talking about he and i slipping off to reno for a few days .....but this is even better.

i havent been to dc in over 20 years.

ill talk to him tomorrow and see if he is down with that.....i am sure the airline would love for me to spend my money and fly somewhere as apposed to getting a refund :)....

again bravo man....
sometimes you're the bug,sometimes you're the windshield
Virch
Journeyman

Postby Virch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:33 am

wow i called my airline and although they offer a full refund for my tickets....they wont let me chagne to a new city without the most current fair.....additional 400 dollars per ticket.........i love you guys,but that is outside my price range..........:(

but am working on new tickets for new airlines...
Virch
Journeyman

Postby Sylvas » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:49 am

I've got to check with the airline today about switching my tickets, but if I get what I'm looking at I'll arrive at baltimore at noon on friday, and leave at 840 am on sunday, the only real problem for me is I'd have no way too and from the airport, so if I can get a ride and get my tickets arranged then I'm good to go, otherwise I dunno what will happen :/
Will Surf for food!!!
"If at first you don't succeed, try again, if you still don't succeed, give up, because there is no use kicking a dead horse"
Sylvas
Stablehand

Postby Virch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:00 am

ok found good tickets got to talk to dr stones and make sure he wants to go.....ill know in the am :)
Virch
Journeyman

Postby Decae » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:57 am

That's sweet guys. Anyone is welcome, so yes, I'd love to have you here.

My address is actually pretty easy.

7115 North Shade Tree Ln.
Spotsylvania VA, 22553

From the north: Interstate 95 South to exit 118 (Thornburg Exit).
Take a right (can only go right/left) onto Rt. 606
You will go about 4-5miles on that until you reach Tanglewood Dr.

Tanglewood has the road sign on the left and is the only road to have a 'turn off' area. You take a right onto Tanglewood.

Follow it to North Shade Tree Ln (a no outlet sign indicates when you must turn) and take a left. The house is at the end, on a culdasac.

From the South: Interstate 95 North to exit 118 (Thornburg Exit).
Take a left(can only go right/left) onto Rt. 606
You will go about 4-5miles on that until you reach Tanglewood Dr.

Tanglewood has the road sign on the left and is the only road to have a 'turn off' area. You take a right onto Tanglewood.

Follow it to North Shade Tree Ln (a no outlet sign indicates when you must turn) and take a left. The house is at the end, on a culdasac.

If nothing else, we'll have a bbq, some music, and a good time chatting it up with old friends. Please do let me know if you are coming.

Thanks,
Dustin
Decae
Admin

Postby Kyrajade » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:59 am

Woot! Destructions!

...but wait! What about the booze?! Must know about the booze!

err, well, I suppose I could always buy some down there, but... or maybe both! *ponder*

Edit: Dude, I feel like such an idiot. I glanced back up at the original post to get the contact number, so's I could call if I end up going, and only then saw the note about "if you need my address, pm me". So sorry... *blush*
Kyrajade
Stablehand

Postby Gem_Rathonl » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:03 am

Heh, now that this disturbing situation at home has cleared up (all though not to my satisfaction because the lil asshole that caused it should have gotten a swift kick in the ass, but hey I'm not the rulemaker carrier outer person) I would have been able to make the bash. Looks like I should be hangin with Mykayla this weekend instead.

All those going to Decae's place I hope ya'll have a great time. :)
Stabbity Stab.
Gem_Rathonl
Squire

Postby Glorfindel » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:11 am

Dustin, can you post a list of attendees?
TRC - Often imitated, never duplicated.
Glorfindel
Journeyman

Postby Decae » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:15 am

Folks - we'll make every attempt to help out to-and-from the airports, so just post and let us know if you need a ride, when and where.

Most of the DC airports are attached to the Metro which can get you all the way to Fredericksburg if it must - but we can just drive up and pick you up too.

Glorf mate - as soon as I have a list I will. At the moment it looks like:

Decae
SoulDemon
Rathowen
Lizzy
KyraJade (Sunday)
Virch
Dr. Stones
Elfie
Lady Aria
Attero
Magus Drumheller

Small list, but I don't have confirmation on anyone else yet.

As for the BOOZE. At this point, I'll probably be buying a few bottles to start us up - but after that we'll have to collect some mula and do a run. Store's right up the road, so worries about that.
Decae
Admin

Postby SoulDemon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:37 am

Just for reference purposes:

Dulles is south of where I am going to be driving from. I can take the back roads in (through Leesburg, VA) and pick someone up on my way down of needed. Its about an hour from me but in the right direction.

National I've only been too once. But it has metro access right in the building, and as Dustin said it can get you down to Fredericksburg if needed, or to Northern Virgina which is significantly less of a drive then to the actual airports. I believe the DC Metro goes to Springfield, VA area.

BWI (Baltimore) is in Baltimore. Its about an hour drive EAST of Dulles and completely out of my way unless I am picking you up thursday night after work (7ish pm EST). I know East lives over in that area but he hasn't posted if hes gonna be able to attend or not. Dunno if anyone else is in that area or not that could do an airport run.

I live in Frederick, MD. Thats about three hours north of Dustin, an hour and a half from BWI, an hour and some change from Dulles, and no idea from National I think an hour. I have a four door car, that can hold one other person + luggage and be comfortable. If you pack light, maybe two people semi-comfortable. My current plan is to either come down thursday nite (late) after work, or early friday morning. If anyone has flights that are rescheduled I'll reschedule my plan so I can pick someone up.

Sylvas - if at all possible try to get into Dulles. Its closer then BWI. If you must fly into BWI, we'll see what we can do. Do you have a cell phone? If so drop me a PM with what time you'd be getting in and on what day.

Glorf - You better come to this one bastige ;>
DKII - You too!
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Rathowen » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:09 am

I have off Thursday through Monday as well for folks that do fly in and need a ride

D, you need to hang some ballons on that road sign. I know I missed it the first time ;)
Once I was a Heathen
But then I found God
And his name is ...

Maverick
Rathowen
Peasant

Postby Decae » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:16 am

Yap, I'll do something assuming more than 5 people are coming ;p
Decae
Admin

Postby Ladyaria » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:46 am

Decae thanks for making last minute plans and inviting us to your home. That's awesome of you to do that, and appreciated :)

If I come I will probably drive from here.
It's about 4 1/2 hr drive for me.

Haven't decided yet what I'm going to do but will post if I'm definately coming.
GM of DoC

Team AWESOME!!
Ladyaria
Pickpocket

Postby Belle » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:09 am

I just spoke with the hotel. No matter what you were told or not told, here is the official word...

If you made a reservation at the Clarion Hotel, your reervation has now been cancelled and you will be refunded your $127.
Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

Jesus loves you but I'm His favorite.

Belle
Unstable

Next

Return to Bash Forum