HURRICANE IVAN & THE BASH

Archive Forum for our Bashes.

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:32 am

That's what I'm thinking, Aria. If it does hit here Wednesday, there's a good chance flights will resume Friday. Only thing is, as Grunt mentioned, damage. =\

We will see.
Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

Jesus loves you but I'm His favorite.

Belle
Unstable

Postby Zann » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:19 am

and flooding is not a good thing in NO either

Look at it this way if it hits mississippi or even alabama the west side of the storm will hit NO its not that far away from mississippi for sure so a big impact could be in NO even if it isnt a direct hit.
Zann
Pickpocket

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:27 am

Intellicast and Weather.com are both showing it to hit Pensacola area. This will still bring winds and rain to New Orleans because of the sheer enormity of this storm. However, air travel into New Orleans will be less likely to be hindered on Friday if this thing goes where they say it will. Downside to this is for those travelling from Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama.
Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

Belle
Unstable

Postby SunSu » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:01 pm

Rooms have to be cancelled 48 hours in advance to secure refunds, right?
I am proud to say that I know what 2+2 is. However, if you see my underwear, please let me know... I lost them last Tuesday.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:35 pm

Your deposit, one night's stay, is non-refundable. I believe...

Again, she said she would have to talk to the manager about the refunds. If you cancel now, without the threat of Ivan, you stand a chance at losing money. If you wait, and see what she says IF Ivan is a threat, you may get your money back or a credit to the Clarion chain of hotels.

Be patient young one.

Belle
Unstable

Postby Portia » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:44 pm

Amusingly, weather.com is calling for sunny skies this weekend in NO.

http://www.weather.com/weather/svrtenday/USLA0338

Detailed Local Forecast for New Orleans, LA

Tonight: Isolated thunderstorms during the evening. Mainly clear skies after midnight. Low around 75F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High 89F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low 77F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph.

Wednesday: Windy with thunderstorms in the area. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 70s.

Thursday: Windy with showers. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 70s.

Friday: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s.

Saturday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s.

Sunday: Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s.

Monday: More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 70s.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 70s.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 70s.
Portia - Hegemony Empress (Pink is the color of compromise)
Sexier than socks on a rooster
Telling Amaris who to kill since 1998
Portia
Trouble

Postby SunSu » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:17 pm

An article about ticket changes, etc.

Article
I am proud to say that I know what 2+2 is. However, if you see my underwear, please let me know... I lost them last Tuesday.
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Baron G » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:55 pm

Well this Ivan fucker is heading to damn close for my comfort we are getting the fuck out of Pensacola. We will go stay somewhere in Western LA or Eastern TX. Maybe somewhere near the Bellie Button. IF there is there is still a hotel in NO to go to then we will be there.
I don't want much of nothin at all..but I will Take another toke.
SANC-tified.
Baron G
Stablehand

Postby Jilu » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:31 pm

Yeah, a local radio station mocked the tv stations that total deny that it could come here this afternoon by providing reports such as:

"And for Wednesday, we'll be seeing lots of sun and a southernly breeze with a slight chance of late afternoon catastropic destruction"
your love is like bad medicine
Are you sure you're a priest?
Jilu
The Other One

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:49 pm

My advice is to head north up I-59 or I-55. Baton Rouge was safe during Andrew with lots of downed lines and such. Just head up to Jackson, Miss. and Hattiesburg.

Don't come here. The more we see this probability move to hit here, the more we are planning to leave also.

Belle
Unstable

Postby Ladyaria » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:29 pm

Called the airline a bit ago.

The guy said it's too soon to tell if they will cancel the flight to New Orleans or not. He said they are watching and won't make that decision until Wednesday night or even early thursday morning.

He did say that if the flight is cancelled I can get a voucher for travel, but have to use it by September 30th, 2004

He suggested to continue to watch the weather...(Duh) and to call back and check on the flight wednesday night & again Thursday morning several hours before flight time.
GM of DoC

Team AWESOME!!
Ladyaria
Pickpocket

Postby Rathowen » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Well if Ivan does make the Bash, I am not, I repeat not making that bastage a Badge I.D. ;)
Once I was a Heathen
But then I found God
And his name is ...

Maverick
Rathowen
Peasant

Postby Mykayla » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:57 pm

I'm hoping weather.com is more right than everyone else. I'm liking the thought of sunny skies in NO that weekend.
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Belle » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:55 pm

New Orleans more than likely will have sunny skies over the weekend considering the hurricane is forecasted to hit Wednesday/Thursday. 8)

Belle
Unstable

Postby Mykayla » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:58 pm

Yes, but weather.com is only predicting isolated thunderstorms for NO. In which case there might not be as much nasty horrible evil flooding. Surely Ivan is fearing my wrath!

For the record: I'm refusing to believe that the bash could be cancelled because my parents seem almost gleeful about the idea of me not getting to go. *shakes head*
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Jilu » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:52 pm

Yeah but they're predicting the same weather for the entire projected path area.

Because they just don't know yet.

Welcome to the world of hurricanes, people. We never know what's going to happen until about 24 hours in advance if you're lucky.

~~~

[edited in]

Hey, can we lay off a little on Belle and myself and any other coastal folks right now with the hurricane questions ('cept you calis cause I think you're a doll) and what's gonna happen?

We don't know what's going to happen and we're scared we might not have things like electricity, water or even a place to live in come Friday.

So we don't really mean to be snippy, but this is our lives not our weekend holiday.

Though I am worried about the N. O. airport as well because I do have to fly to England on the 21rst. ;>
Jilu
The Other One

Postby Elfie » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:45 pm

Has Hurricane Ivan Voodoo Doll out and sticking pins in Hurricane.

YOU WILL NOT CANCEL THE BASH you nasty old hurricane. GO AWAY.

I too have called the airlines and they are just watching and waiting, which makes it bad for the ones of us coming in on Thursday morning.
~TRC~
Elfie
Pickpocket

Postby Tara » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:17 am

"IF there is there is still a hotel in NO to go to then we will be there."

You'll notice G added that last part, cuz I started whinin about no bash so he said ok we go if there's one to go to.

Called the hotel earlier t'night deys said the suites are still $109/night but they do have some reg. rooms avail. now also at the $109 price.

It's so nice ta see the local weather piccie show Ivan just barely kissin Lousiana but the national one shows it halfway across the state. Dorks.

Speakin'a dorks, Bellie, G got yews a pressie an' I know what it is an' yew don't neener neener!! *giggles*

ok, so we Bash come Thursday/Friday, screw Ivan das jussa li'l rain so what if half'a Pensacola is boarded up now..hmmmm well I still vote Bash ;p
Tara
The Wenchie

Postby SunSu » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:58 am

Tara... note, they have canceled school in the NO area so it may not be the best place to run to until it is better known just where Ivan is going. You could go there but then have to head North after getting there.

Belle said 55 to Jackson, etc.

I am only a little over an hour away from Jackson.

Hmm.. maybe it should be party at my place?
SunSu
Pickpocket

Postby Belle » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:42 am

This is just in case of power outage but if any of you need to get in touch with me, the number is 225-328-0644. This is my cell. Do not call it unless 1) I adore you 2) It's an emergency. I can't/won't waste my minutes. :P

Have to work today so you all behave and don't cause trouble. I'll see ya all tonight!

Belle
Unstable

Postby Decae » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 am

Tonight we'll see where it is. As it stands now, it looks like this will be discontinued.

The mayor of New Orleans is calling for people with the means to, to leave. I'd take that as a hint not to arrive there.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
Decae
Admin

Postby Jilu » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:03 pm

As of ten minutes ago, NHC released the projected landfall to shift from the Miss/Bama border to between Gulfport, MS and New Orleans.

That puts the storm eye about 40-50 highway miles from New Orleans and maybe 30 as the crow flies.

That also means Gorf and I are going to get the dreaded Northeast corner of the storm. Unless it strengthens back up to a 5, we'll be riding it out at my aunt's place, hopefully out of flood zone.

If it stays this course, New Orleans will get the west side so it will only be rain and not as hard a wind. They also won't have to worry about the storm surge.

But, landfall predictions are really shakey until sometime tomorrow.
Jilu
The Other One

Postby Portia » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:31 pm

Crosses fingers and toes

Yall ladies know you are welcome to escape certain doom at my place right? ;)
Portia - Hegemony Empress (Pink is the color of compromise)
Sexier than socks on a rooster
Telling Amaris who to kill since 1998
Portia
Trouble

Postby Decae » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:37 pm

I'm hoping, beyond real reason to, that it passes NO by without any real damage - say Wednesday night, Thursday morning. If that's the case, the Bash is a go.

If it starts giving you surge and floods you, then I'll be calling it a no-go and sitting my happy ass at home for the weekend.
I will reach lows beyond reproach for you.
Decae
Admin

Postby shigee » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:38 pm

I missed that one so far Jilu! I do know that all schools in this area are out today... missed work as all babysitters of mine have evacuated. I'm not headed out yet, but then I haven't seen the update Jilu did. Half of the people I know took off this morning, the other half are talking about partying at my house since I'm outside of the New Orleans "bowl". So far none of our parishes are under mandatory evacuation, but we're all on voluntary so far.

[edit] Belle, I can't promise anything, but if there's an issue with refunds, my company works with the Clarion and all other CBD hotels very regularly. I might be able to pull something if they don't play nice with you. PM me if I can help.
How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. - George Washington Carver
shigee
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Bash Forum