Beef Dishes.

- Have a favorite recipe? Looking for something new to cook? This forum has it all!

Beef Dishes.

Postby SoulDemon » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 pm

Please place any dishes that are solely beef meat recipes here. This would include your favorite steak and marinate, or how you prepare meatloaf.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby SoulDemon » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:11 pm

Beef Stroganoff Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef
1 pound sausage
(or two pounds ground beef, or any other combination of the two)
LOTS of Mrs Dash or other herb based salt substitute
2 eggs
1/4 cup oatmeal
Onions
Bell peppers
sliced fresh mushrooms

Sauce

2 small cans brown gravy (or make own)
8 ounces of sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1/4 cup red wine
Salt and pepper

chop bell pepper and onion to dice
mix meat, veggies, except mushrooms, Mrs Dash eggs and oatmeal until blended shape into a loaf.
place mushrooms all over meatloaf (can mix some into loaf if wanted.

Mix ingredients of sauce, sour cream stirs in best if gravy is hot, pour over loaf, bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until totally done inside.

Submitted by Lady Maven
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Katalyna » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:04 am

Grilled Garlic and Rosemary Smoked beef

once again, no measurements. I suck at measuring things. The Rosemary smoking isn't like a true smoking of meats, but you'll see.

You'll need:

Cuts of your favourite type of beef. Round steak, or even sliced rump roast or something similar. A steak would work, I suppose, but it'd have to be thick.

Garlic Cloves (one per three pieces of meat, or more/less, depending on how garlicky you like your food)

Fresh sprigs of Rosemary, soaked in water

Salt, Pepper

Onion powder

Other spices are optional, such as Thyme, Parsley, etc.

Take your beef and make little cuts in it, wherever you'd like the garlic to be stuffed in. Carefully insert cloves of garlic (after peeling them!) into the meat.

Using spices other than rosemary, rub them onto the beef, both sides. Place the beef in an out of the way place for half an hour to allow the spices and garlic to penetrate the beef.

Preferably for the grilling portion, you'd use charcoal. If not, I suppose gas would work, but you may want to be very careful with a gas grill.

After heating the coals, test their readiness by taking a small sprig of Rosemary that's been soaked in water and pushing it through the bars of the grill, allowing it to fall onto the coals. A sweet and pungent smoke should come into the air. Once you're sure that the coals are ready, take your beef and place it on the grill. Add more rosemary to the coals, and cover, allowing the meat to sear and the rosemary smoke to permeate it.

Cook the beef according to your preference. Every time you turn the beef over, add more Rosemary to the coals, and cover.

It's not a strong smoked flavour, but it's gentle, and the rosemary smoke adds a very subtle taste to the meat. I've found that thick round steak tends to work the best.
Bid my blood to run before I come undone
Save me from the Nothing I've become
Abaddon/Yoshimutsu's Always!
Katalyna
Stablehand

Postby Lady Maven » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:05 pm

Pepper Steak Over Rice

1 large steak, very thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 onion thinly sliced
1 can of beef broth
1 cup of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 cups of rice
4 cups of water

Make rice by bringing 3 cups of water to a rolling boil, add rice, do not stir rice, cover with tight fitting lid turn off heat, but do not remove pan from burner, allow to cook for 20 miutes or until done. Resist the urge to lift lid to peak until after 20 minutes.

Sauce

stir cornstarch into 1 cup of water, add soy sauce and beef broth, stir well, but it will seperate after a bit, this is normal, just stir again before adding to meat.

Brown meat, add vegetables and cook to desired doneness. I like my veggies VERY cooked.

once meat and veggies are cooked, restir sauce and pour over veggies, and bring to a boil. If sauce seems too thin, and this is a matter of personal taste, you can stir in a bit, no more than a tablespoon at a time, of cornstarch into a small amout, less than a quarter cup, of water, and add to sauce, bringing back to a boil.

Serve meat and veggies over rice.

This can be made vegetarian by using tofu in place of steak, and veggie broth in place of beef. May also use chicken or other meats with same basic instructions.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
Lady Maven
Royalty

Postby Bandit_115 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:03 pm

Here is a recipe that i use quite often, and my roomates are getting tired of it.... (only have it once a week)

Italian Meatballs

pre-heat oven to 400 degrees,

1.5 lbs of ground beef
.5 lbs of sausage
(you can use any meat, as long as it is ground)

2 bell peppers
1 cup od crushed crackers.
1 sm. clove garlic
a dash of oragano
1 sm onion.

mix in a mixing bowl the meats, and other items. and 5-10 minutes should be plenty.

after mixed for with a tbsp into balls, or roll them with your hands. place in a baking dish. about 1in apart. put your favorite sauce in. adjust temp to 350 degreess. bake for 1- 1 1/2 hrs.

add to you favorite noodles, or put on a sub bun.
_Nagash_ wrote:The meaning of life is, make the road to death one big party. ;-)

RIP Dark Wolf, you will be missed my friend.
Crabs are a delicacy, but not when in your pants.
Bandit_115
Pickpocket

teriaki beek stir fry -- this is really really reallly good!

Postby SpeakerForTheDead » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:59 pm

My Mom emailed this to me... she got it from a friend in CA who got it from his aunt, who got it from her neighbor... the list goes on. Anyways.. it's AMAZING!

Beef: Eye Round Roast, cut 1/8 inch thin, if possible.

For every 1 lb. of beef combine:

4 T Sugar
6 T Soy Sauce
2 T Sesame Seed Oil
1 1/2 T Flour
1 T Sesame seeds (or more)
Garlic, Pepper, minced scallions

Marinade for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.

Stir-fry using non-stick pan or well seasoned iron skillet or wok.
No need to oil the pan, the oil in the marinade is enough.

Or, broil for a few minutes or cook on the grill

Serve with rice.

Variations:

Use London broil, sirloin tips, round steak.

Use Tahini instead of the sesame seeds and part of the oil. Or, add a
tablespoon or two of tahini to the recipe as written. Or use canola oil,
tahini and sesame seeds. It always comes out good.

--

My notes:

I usually buy those frozen stir fry veggies at supermarket and throw those into the mix near the end of the cooking, just to make it a complete meal. If you do it this way, make sure you throw the extra marinade juices in the pan too so that the veggies get some flavor... then just let the excess cook off.
SpeakerForTheDead
Stablehand

Native American Tacos

Postby Forbidden » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:56 am

Native American Tacos

1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced peppers
2 cups shredded cheese
Salsa (optional)
sour cream
1/2 cup of water
lg can chili with or without beans (your choice)
2 lbs ground beef/or shredded deer meat/or beef roast
Fry Bread (recipe in the bread section of this evernight cookbook)

Saute onions, peppers, ground beef or deer meat or beef roast together until onions and (beef) are cooked (you may cook your deer meat and beef roast before adding to this process)

(Fry bread should be done and ready for final assembly)

add 1/2 cup of water, Chili to the cooked meat, peppers, and onion mixture heat through.

Place a piece of fry bread down on a plate, pour amount of mixture on top of fry bread (depends on your appetite) top with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream and salsa (if desired)

I personally love this with the deer meat or the roast beef. But the choice is yours. Can also be used with ground turkey.
The ground on which we stand is sacred ground. It is the blood of our ancestors.”
-Plenty Coups, Crow-
Forbidden
Stablehand

Postby Superjames_008 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:43 am

Taco Meatloaf

3 ibs Ground beef
3 packs Taco seasoning
1 cup Salsa
Diced Cheese

mix seasoning in with ground beef asa you would a normal meatloaf. spread the salsa like you would the usual ketchup. cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked. take out the meatloaf then sprinke the diced cheese on the loaf, then put it back into oven. let it cook for about another 10-12 minutes opr until cheese is melted.

let cool for about 10 minutes. then, enjoy!
TB's True Superhero!
Former Elected Jester of Solo
The Portia-Rey Hegemony
"We who are about to Spam salute you!"
Superjames_008
Stablehand

Postby The Exalted One » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:00 am

MEXICAN BEEF DISH

2 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans cream of onion soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 bell pepper, chopped
7 1/2 oz. bag cheese-flavored
Doritos
1 lb. mild Cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper; drain. Add
soup and enchilada sauce. Layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish,
Doritos, meat mixture and cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Exalted One
Pickpocket

Return to Evernight Cookbook