New Book

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

New Book

Postby Whit » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Bluegrass Is My Second Language
A Year In The Life Of An Accidental Bluegrass Musician

One of my best friends has just written a book. It chronicles the last couple of years as he has gotten involved playing traditional music. While the book is supposedly about bluegrass music, it is much more about his life and how music and the people that play it have influenced him over the years.

This Link will take you to the website about the book and also there is a page there where people can order the book online.

I have known quite a few musicians in my life and have played with some of the best ever from as wide a range as Lionel Richie to George Jones, and I must admit that this guy, John Santa, is one of the most amazing musicians I have ever known. He plays about 30 different instruments and does them all amazingly well.

If you read this book, you will learn that although music dominates his life, it is truly the balance of his experiences that will make you laugh, cry and everything in between.

Critics hate this book.
The guy does not get the girl.
There is no violence, foul language or gratuitous sex.
There are no chase scenes and clever pop culture references.

Writers hate this book.
There is no rising action, no resolution in the third act and frankly, there is not a lot of punctuation in places.
And then there are the DOGS...

But PEOPLE...
People love this book.
They love that it's about folks who live their lives with a sense of honor and integrity and a strong sense of tradition.
They love that this book is about their neighbors.
They love that there are places so vivid they become characters in the book. They love a book that revered Teachers, Friendship and the Power of Music.
:mrgreen: Nine Sages, Inc. :mrgreen:
Don't burn your bridges behind you, you're not that good of a swimmer.
Common sense ain't that common. If it was, more people would have it.
Whit
Admin - Designated Adult

Postby _Nagash_ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm

John 5's music is rather bluegrassy as well at some times (though quite heavy for bluegrass)... check his album "Vertigo" if you like a 'different' way of bluegrass.

But only if you're not afraid of distortion! :)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Return to Writers Corner