Ancient Evil (RP - OOC)

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Postby Thenician » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm

What's your point? I said I'd be able to post, not that I'd have the time to. I barely have a minute to post this right now. Besides, I'll be back saturday, you can hang on that long.

Also, given where the story is now, it might actually be best to wait for me to post before continuing.
"I love stealin', I love takin' things."
-Bender B. Rodriguez

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Darian_Raven » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:01 pm

Hey guys, just to let you know that Mykael dropped me a line letting me know that his internet has been taken down at home and he won't be able to log onto evernight from there for a while. Just so we're all on the same page.
We're going to try a different method between us to get the tread to him and have him respond. We'll have to see how that goes. But just so no one is wondering. He'll be back as soon as he is able.
[center]If you find yourself in a fair fight...your tactics suck.
There are some people who cannot stand the sight of no blood.[/center]
Darian_Raven
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:03 am

Hello thar... Just wondering if maybe you have room for one more in your interesting little party?

I saw someone mention a while back you'll probably need a cleric type (course I think maybe what you really need is a woman type... I know Thenician is playing a woman, but it never hurts to have some real boobs in the party... a breast of fresh air, if you will)... I have half an idea forming, just wondering if I should put it up now later in light of your fearless leader/thread-starter's internet troubles.

Or if you'll full. Whichever. I'm just bored and looking for more writing and thought this one looked like it could be fun.
I was so mad, I could have chewed up nails and spit out paper clips.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 am

Durrrf, double post. Way to introduce yourself, Khavi. Nice one.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Mmmmmm.... Boooooobs...
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Darian_Raven » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:08 pm

I got in touch with Mykael and he asked me to relay to everyone that he is working on a post right now, and he wanted to run by Thenician and Elijah to have them meet up on our way to the tunnel. That'll at least get our whole party together.

He also said:
'As for the new player, yes, please have her post a character, or just give her my e-mail and get her to send it right to me, since hotmail is just about the only site my company hasn't blocked. Until I can sort all this shit out with my ISP this is really the only way I will be able to stay active, which I really do want to do. '
Darian_Raven
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:17 am

Well, I'm home. Now I'm going to do stuff to my wife, you'll have a post from me tomorrow.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Derich » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:59 am

Howzit peoples.
Jst reading up. Looks interesting.
First timer, and i have an idea also, but wanted to know if i could join even tho its me first time?
Dnt have boobs tho....well, REAL ones anyway.
Hit me back!
Peace.
Derich
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:50 pm

Dot, dot, dot.

If typos were the only problem, maybe.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:54 am

Alright, ladies and gentlemen! Sorry it took longer than I promised, I was, umm... busy.

Yea, that's it, busy.

Anyway, post is up. So as the klingons say, "Eat it, or I'll force it down the gullet of your corpse."
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:37 am

Sweet, I'll post it up here, tell Mykael he can respond to me about it directly at agentbuzz(at)gmail(dot)com if he has any questions or complaints or suggestions for me. So here goes nothing...

++++

Name: Iseide Calaya
Race: Assumed Half-elf
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 113 lbs
Hair: Long, curly, red-gold
Eyes: Pale, pale green
Build: Willowy, slender. Graceful.
Profession: Apprentice priestess and nurse/midwife at a temple to the goddess of fertility and nature (whose name I will figure out later).

History: As an infant, Iseide was left at the temple by her parents, who came into the temple hooded and gave her to the first preist they saw, saying only that they couldn't keep a child like her. As they turned and hurried out, the priest looked down at the baby, and saw the likely reason her parents didn't want her.
The child was blind.
Iseide was raised in the temple by the preists and preistesses who lived there, and they taught her how to live in the dark, how to find her way in a world she couldn't see. She was the only child who lived at the temple, and when she came of age decided that she would stay there, and learn to become one of the preistesses.
Those who raised her knew nothing of what she was or who had left her, but as she grew they had reason to suspect she was part elven, judging by her striking beauty, the shape of her eyes, and the very slight, almost unnoticeably point to her ears.

Powers/Training: Despite her blindness, Iseide was taught a decent amount of first aid while growing up at the temple, since it also served as a sort of hospital for the sick and injured. She can bandage and stitch wounds closed (somewhat slowly, since she does it by touch), help cure most non-fatal illnesses, and identify many medicinal herbs by feel or scent. She is by no means fast and by no means perfect, but she can get the job done.
She also has very limited (for the time being) curative/healing powers, which help her when tending to the sick or wounded (close minor wounds, bring a high fever to a survivable one, little things like that).
Also (not sure if this counts as a 'power' but couldn't think of a better place to put it), she has fairly keen ears, partially due to her heritage, but mostly because she grew up with her other four senses, especially her hearing, making up for her lack of sight.

Equipment: Not much. A white wooden staff with symbols of her patron goddess on it, more to help her find her way than anything else. She also has a slender grey hound that helps to guide her when she's not home at the temple, and can sometimes protect her.

++++

Ok, there she is... because every D&D or similar style RP needs that one character who completely and utterly useless in a fight. Every campaign I've ever played in has had one. I thought maybe it could be my turn to be the useless one.

:D
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:46 am

Boobs are never useless, even blind boobs.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Elijah Morteron » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Posted. What can I say, might seem a bit mercenary, but the boy's a thief, not a hero.

Still trying to decide what his actual age is though, and whether or not any of the elvish long life gift has slipped into him.

And wondering how long it'll take before he realises that with chaos comes the best opportunity to loot homes.

In the immortal 'word' of Johnny Depp: "Pirate".
"I give hope to men, I keep none for myself."
Elijah Morteron
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:52 pm

Trying to decide, you already posted 16. Dont make me go back in time to alter your face!
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Darian_Raven » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Hey guys,

I talked to Mykael and he had a post written up, a two parter. I'll post the first part on his behalf now... but we're just going to have to hang on for the second piece for a bit... things have changed in the story so it needs to be reflected in his new post.

Khavi, Mykael said to post your character (which you have) and feel free post. He mentioned that you might want to wait until the rest of the group is together a couple posts from now. It might make life a little easier.

Derich, if your interested in joining post up a character or email Mykael at: btbarker13@hotmail.com
Darian_Raven
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:01 am

I was actually planning on waiting until everyone is together in a cohesive group to jump in but this thief kid seems to have dropped some unconscious chick on my doorstep, so I think maybe I will have to step in a bit early.

Post forthcoming. Probably tomorrow sometime.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:17 am

God dammit! Now i have to put my imaginary boobs up against the real thing, I dont stand a chance.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Elijah Morteron » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:17 pm

"You already posted 16"<----- geez.. somebody obviously doesn't pay close attention to what he's reading... Try the Character description again T. I believe I said 16 (Give or take a year or two..)) he could be fourteen or eighteen, perhaps a hundred and three? Or 6? :wink:

Yes.. its true, Khavi's real boobs get a +6 to your imaginary ones I'm afraid, so unless you have a vorpal underwire bra to give your man-breasts a bit of lift and cleavage.. I seriously wouldn't bother... :shock: Geez.. I am such a nerd.

*L*
Elijah Morteron
Stablehand

Postby PoisonedDragon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:15 pm

HAHAHA!!!!!!!

I am the king of internet connectivity!!! Ok, so maybe not, took me a little longer than I had hoped to get all this shit sorted out, but now I have, and I am back. Which is good because it seems someone has inadvertantly screwed up my plans for bringing the group together.

Oh well, these things happen and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm just too happy actually being back online to care too much about having to rewrite the second half of my post. Just give me about an hour to catch up on the reading, then I'll have something up for everyone's reading pleasure.

As for Elijah's age crisis, it should be noted that half-elves reach maturity at the same age as humans, about 16. But they also have an average life expectancy about twice that of a human, or about 150. So if you're 103, then you'd be really old. I'd say stick with anywhere between 15 and 18. Anything higher and you'd really be pushing the whole boy thief angle a little far.

As for Derich, like Darian posted I would like you to drop me a a line at my e-mail, btbarker13@hotmail.com, just to give me a little preview of your ideas, so I know how you'll fit in. All these others are names I recognize, and I don't mean any offense to you, but I would like to make sure you know what you're getting into.

And finally, a personal welcome to our newest player, Khavi, who as I'm sure we are all now well aware, has real boobs. A Cleric will be very useful, since the very minimal healing powers Mykael will eventually get as a Paladin will be nowhere near sufficient for tending the whole party.
PoisonedDragon
Stablehand

Postby PoisonedDragon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:32 pm

I completely forgot one very important thing.

I would like to offer my deepest gratitude to Darian for helping me out for the last little while. I notice that he didn't give everyone the whole story, but it comes down to this, I was disconnected from the internet at home because my brother is a jerk, doing all kinds of peer-to-peer downloading without virus protection. Long story short, my ISP cut us off because they detected a very nasty worm being broadcast from our home network. The only place I have been able to connect was at work, where the Network Services department has blocked an incredibly large number of sites, including this one. I have spent the past week sorting everything out and only got my connection back three hours ago.

So, again, my deepest gratitude to Darian for helping out, relaying messages to all of you, and for getting up at least the first half of my post, which not only gives us a little insight into the home front, but also introduces an important NPC, Kayle, from whose point of view I will post from time to time, just to keep us on our toes.
PoisonedDragon
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:03 am

PoisonedDragon wrote:And finally, a personal welcome to our newest player, Khavi, who as I'm sure we are all now well aware, has real boobs.

That is untoubtably the greatest welcome I have ever received. My boobs thank you.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:58 am

A quick post-posting note:

Holy carp, guys. HOLY CARP.

It's really hard to write as a blind chick. I depend of visuals. I like visuals. I like describing what my characters see. I didn't realize this when I made a blind chick. I have to look up more words for sounds because... dayum. She can't see.

D:
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 am

Yea, I tried the blind thing once. It's hard, but there's several ways to do it. If you're completely blind it's one thing, you see black, or white, I forget which it is when your brain has no optical activity.

On the other hand it could be the kind of blindness where only the eyes dont work, but the brain still tries to process something, in which case you'd see lights and shadows moving around in a blur.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:18 am

Ok, I'll be waking up soon, don't go too far without me.

Of course I should wake up now.

Ok, fine, I'm waking up now, dammit.

EDIT: Oh wait, another post. Let me read that one first.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Elijah Morteron » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:52 am

Hah.. I have crafted a long old post.. about nothing essentially.. *G* This way everybody else can do their introducing bits. *G* Wes will just observe, like a voyeur. :wink:
Elijah Morteron
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Writers Corner