Fall into Xaos (OOC)

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Fall into Xaos (OOC)

Postby Dengar » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:33 am

This is generally an open RP, but I want to confirm your character profile first before you can begin posting.

~Introduction~

=Xaos=

There once was a magi scientist, whose name has long been forgotten, thought to harness the essence of a powerful psychic demon, and insert it into a golem. This, however, turned out to be a mistake of a life time. The vessel did not accept the essence. This essence, however, which had become a refined form of demon energy, eagerly needed a host to contain it, and found the closest host it could find, the scientist himself. The scientist found himself brimming with both mystic and mental power, containing the memories of both himself and the demon he used in the experiment. He gave himself a new name, 'Xaos'.

Using this power, he conquered a small country, but soon afterwards, found that his body was slowly disintegrating. He realised that his regular human body was no longer able to contain such spirit power, and was eroding. He soon disintegrated into a black substance resembling both vapor and water. In this form, he found himself able to enter another body and gaining all its knowledge and mystical or psychic power. Through this process he grew stronger and stronger until....

He disappeared, for some odd reason, the history records of the Theocracy of Mynden have been vague during that time period, most probably because the war against Xaos was a secret one.

=The Theocracy of Mynden=

Recently, but unknown to the general public, Xaos has resurfaced in the Theocracy of Mynden, and currently inhabits the body of Kard Isant, one of the ten sacred Laios Knights, and supreme commander of the Mynden Royal Guard.

Only two people are aware of this. The first is Synck Firnus, the one responsible for Xaos's resurfacing. Interested in adding Xaos's power to his own, he is currently in hiding, waiting for his opportunity. The other one is Dengar Arcus, a mercenary who was at first hired by the Pope to inspect some strange phenomenon, which later turned out to be Xaos. Now, he has has been branded a traitor by Kard Isant, and was forced to flee the country.

The Theocracy of Mynden is currently the largest country on the continent. It reveres Laios as its primary deity. It is ruled by a single Pope, assisted by five Cardinals. The Pope assigns his own successor, unless he died before he could do so. In this case, the Cardinals would decide on the successor. The Cardinals themselves are appointed by the Pope. The Pope and his Cardinals are all respected, and powerful clerics or sages.

Directly under the Cardinals are the ten sacred Laios Knights. Powerful warriors who also wield sacred magics as well as one of the ten sacred weapons. All of them have commanding positions in either the army or the royal guard, and they only answer to the Cardinals. Other than these, the country has no nobility whatsoever. Districts are governed by High Priests appointed by the Cardinals. Most of the citizens live decent lives, and most think well of their government.

=The Republic of Doman=

The Republic of Doman lies to the east of Mynden, and is about half its size. It is a "free country". It is a country of trade, where money is power. The rich become nobles and contribute to a 'government' which is basically a coalition of rich merchants, called "Benefactors" who together fund the country's development. It is in no way a bad place to live, unless you are flat broke.

Even though the country is smaller than Mynden, and doesn't have a divine force behind its army, its army is almost twice the size of Mynden's, and has access to great machines of war. The countries have been allies for almost two hundred years. This is about to come to an end though, for Xaos's influence has spread, and Mynden is secretly preparing for war.

~Rules~

-It's a free style RP. Although the overhanging storyline will probably move the way I want it to, you are welcome to suggest plot developments in this thread. How you play your character will remain up to yourself, of course. Don't play other people's characters without permission, and most certainly don't kill people off unless they are NPC's created by yourself, or you have permission.

-The world is your basic middle ages-fantasy world, with elves and stuff like that. Technology is that of the middle ages, except for the country of Doman, who have access to gunpowder-powered devices. (no handguns or rifles yet, though) Both divine and arcane magic exists in either country as well.

-I want to remain somewhat active, and although this doesn't mean you have to post daily, or even weekly, it does mean that you shouldn't sign up if you plan on disappearing next week, and if you find yourself unable, or unwilling to play any further, you should at least tell us this so we could either take over your character, or write it out. Same goes if you find yourself unable to post for a while but plan on coming back, you tell us beforehand, and ask somebody to play your character for you, or just go on a trip or something.

-Once you've posted your character profile, I want to OK it before you go posting.

-As for your character, I suggest you make him/her about as powerful as the characters I'm putting in (except for Xaos, cos he's the main bad guy). You're allowed to be weaker, but that's your own risk. You are allowed to enter as many characters as you can keep up with.

-Unless I have at some time in the future stated otherwise, signups will remain open for the duration of the RP, so don't be afraid to jump in even if the story has advanced a bit.

-When creating a character, please state what role you will be aiming for at first, you can always change roles later if you wish.

~Available Roles~

These roles are not exclusive, anyone can take any role, no matter if somebody else has a similar role. Do try to even things out for a bit.

-Part of Dengar's group (one or two are required)
You can either already be part of this group before the story starts, or join up during the first few posts. In case of the former, Dengar's group had split up to flee the capital city, and agreed to meet up in the inn "The Soggy Hog", at the border town of Varan.

-One of Synck's companions (optional)
Again, you can choose to join up right away or later on. Synck is currently hiding out on a farm that he 'claimed' from its original inhabitants. The farm is on the countryside to the west of the capital.

-Mynden citizen/soldier (optional)
You're welcome to pick any position. Even a Laios Knight, although this means you'll have to be a paladin-type guy who wields sacred magic, and a sacred weapon (although you're free to think up what kind of weapon it actually is). It'd be a good idea to pick a position that allows you to travel around though.

-Doman citizen/soldier (optional)
Again, you're welcome to pick any position. You can even be a Benefactor if you wish.

-Random wanderer/mercenary (optional)
Pretty self-explanatory. You'll usually end up joining some other group though.

Any more questions? Just ask.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 am

Please use this format or something similar to create your 'character sheet'.

~Dengar Arcus~
Race: Human
Class: Psionic Knight
Association: None

Appearance: Although he's 30, he looks 20 because of his slow aging process. He's about 5'8" and pretty muscular. His hair is short and black. His eyes are usually blue, but depending on which personality is in charge, his eye color changes to purple, and his pupils will resemble that of a cat. He wears clean cloth worthy of a rich man, even though he doesn't seem that rich. He wears no armor whatsoever.

Combat: His weapon is called the "Soul Katana", which is an enchanted katana, linked to Dengar's emotions. Depending on his state of mind, it can give off an electric charge, give off an icy chill, or be set ablaze. And also at seemingly random moments emit a blinding light. He uses plenty of acrobatics in his combat style, and has the ability to see a few seconds into the future, causing him to have excellent reflexes. He also has minor kinetic skills, but most of the time can't do anything that's even remotely useful in combat. When his demon personality takes over, he loses the functionality of his weapon, but his battle instinct increases dramatically.

Special Ability: Dengar's psionic abilities include strong telepathic skills and strong clairvoyant skills. Although he does not have the ability to see the far future in detail, he does have that enhanced sense of impending doom when it counts. He can also accelerate his own natural regeneration, but only to the point that equals first aid. He has kinetic abilities, but these are mostly minor. By usage of his split personality, Dengar has the option to 'multitask', having one personality control his body in combat while the other personality uses complex telepathic abilities at the same time. Dengar rarely does this, as his two personalities only cooperate when it's necessary to survive.

Character Info: Somewhere along his family tree was once a powerful Demon. Why this Demon blood suddenly started acting up for Dengar is unknown, but it has, and it has granted him psychic powers. He spent the time from age 10 to 18 in a monastery where he learned to control his powers, and was given his Soul Katana. Upon turning 18, he just suddenly up and left, being guided by this strange personality, and has been in contact with all kinds of demons and other unnatural appearances over the years. He developed a hatred for demons and similar beings, something that triggered a split personality between his 'regular' self and his 'demon' self. Dengar is aware of this split, and his 'regular' self is generally the one in control. The 'demon' self usually takes over when he becomes lost in anger or loses consciousness.

He also has a third personality, which isn't really his own, but that of the demon that his bloodline originally came from. This is what's guiding him to seemingly fated encounters with demons over and over. An interesting thing about the third personality is that it seems to hate Demons as much as Dengar does.

Living his life as somewhat of a mercenary, he was one day hired to investigate an ancient artifact, called the "Truthseer". The world's most accurate crystal balll, kept by the sages of Mynden. It has been giving off false prophecies, and Dengar with his knowledge of clairvoyancy was thought to be the person for the job by the Cardinals. By the time Dengar arrived at the shrine where the artifact was kept, Synck had already come and broken the Truthseer, which was in fact the glass prison used to imprison Xaos. After following Xaos around, he eventually found it inhabiting the body of the Laios Knight, Kard Isant, who branded Dengar as a traitor. Dengar has since fled the capital city, and is making his way to the neighbouring country of Doman, to warn the Benefactors of the war preparations that Mynden is making.

~Synck Firnus~
Class: Psionic Monk

Appearance: Although he's 50, he looks 30 because of his slow aging process. He's about 6' and very muscular. He is bald and tanned. His eyes are deep red and his pupils look like those of a cat. His eyebrows are black. His clothes are rather shabby, and he wears no armor.

Combat: He has no weapons, and he uses a crude form of self-taught martial arts to fight. Nevertheless, he is quite capable of defending himself, even without resorting to using his kinetic abilities and body reinforcement. When he uses body reinforcement, his fists can shatter rock, and his skin can stop normal sword blades. His kinetic power can lift and toss boulders three times his weight without straining himself.

Special Ability: Synck's psionic powers include strong kinetic power and body reinforcement. He can reinforce his muscles to have three times as much power as normally, and can make his skin as dense as steel. If he rests completely, he has a natural regeneration rate not unlike a Troll.

Character Info: Like Dengar, Synck posessed Demonic blood, which for some reason activated at age 6. After his family found out about his kinetic powers, they tried to kill him out of fear. In self defense, he caused his home to collapse, and ran, not knowing if his family was alive or not. From then on, each day was a battle for survival. He stuck to the shadows, and eventually got involved with other demons, who also never quite accepted him for being human. Holding a grudge against both humans and demons, around age 20, he decided to go on a quest for power. In order to show that he is a league of his own.

Like Dengar, he is assisted by his forefather, who told him of Xaos and his glass prison. Although he has escaped him on numerous occasions, he continues to pursue him. Xaos fears Synck because he can control Xaos's power instead of the other way around.

Although Synck and Dengar have only crossed paths once, they theorize that they somehow share the same lineage, given that their psionic signature is nearly identical.

~Kard Isant~
Class: Laios Knight
Association: Mynden - The Laios Knights

Appearance: Although it's greying a bit, he is blonde and has a lot of facial hair. Some scars here and there. His eyes are brown. When he's on duty, he wears prestigious expensive-looking plate mail, made out of a silvery alloy, the chest plate has the Mynden crest.

Combat: Aside from wielding sacred magic, he has his sacred weapon, Aslfar, a large two-handed broad sword with a long hilt and a large crossguard, kind of shaped like a cross in all. It is made from gold-like alloy. The crossguard has a beatiful wave-like shape, the hilt is equally beautiful, and has a large ruby at the end. When it is not in use, it is sheathed on his back, the sheath itself also being golden and is set with lots of different gems. The sword itself has an edge that never dulls and is sharp enough to pierce or slash through rock and even steel.

Special Ability: He wields the sacred magic from Laios, the Sun God, which ranges from solar-based attacks to healing magic.

Character Info: Kard is one of the ten sacred Laios Knights, and answers only to the Cardinals of Mynden. He is also supreme commander of the royal guard.

He was attacked by a bandit who was posessed by Xaos. The bandit was easily slain, but Xaos, recognizing Kard's power, immediately entered his body. Because he wants to avoid being detected, and to avoid Kard from disintegrating too soon, Xaos is very careful, and allows Kard his free will for now. Only modifying his memories so he doesn't remember Xaos, and implanting minor suggestions into Kard and those around him. It is through these suggestions that even the Pope and Cardinals have decided to expand their territory and wage war on Doman.

I will write an IC opening post when my mind isn't so numb.

EDIT: Yeah I said I'd write it, but I haven't found the time for it yet, bear with me.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 am

I've been away for a long time. But reading your plot got my blood boiling. So I think I'll post a character bio here.

I just need a minute to figure out what I'll be doing.

As soon as I see that you're active, I'll bother doing it.
"I love stealin', I love takin' things."
-Bender B. Rodriguez

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:07 am

Heh, sorry about not doing anything about this. I just haven't had the inspiration. I promise I'll write something up soon though, don't wanna lose somebody who shows interest.

You were in the original RP that I'm loosely basing this on weren't you?
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:52 am

You better, or I'll fucking kill you! :evil:

but seriously...
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:56 pm

And done! Finally! I couldn't think of how to start, but I think I'm quite satisfied with the result.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:30 pm

Now which of my countless characters should I use?

I'll edit this when I decide.

EDIT: Okay, here goes.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:39 am

Alright, seeing as how everyone is pseudo demonic here. I feel it's only fair for me to assume some hidden power as well. I'll leave some clues, but I'll keep it secret for now. In case I change my mind as to what it is.

Eric Talos
Race: Human (Apparently)
Class: Sorcerer

Appearance: Talos appears as a tall, healthy, athletic looking man in his forties with a light tan. He is roughly 6'1" with long blonde hair and brown eyes. He normally wears fine looking robes, better than those of a wandering wizard, more befitting of an archmagus. Included in this outfit is quite a bit of polished bronze jewelery, several thin bracelets hanging loosely from each wrist, a pendant on a simple short bronze chain, and a few rings scattered on his fingers.

Combat: He carries a simple looking bronze cane, just under three feet long, with a ball handle. The ball on the cane is a large blue crystal orb, about two inches wide. This is mostly used as a focus to channel mana for his spellcasting, but it is solid bronze and its weight alone makes it sufficient a weapon for most occasions.

Special Ability: Eric Talos can wield magical powers with ease. Among his arsenal are some elemantal attack spells, but most of his skills lie in transmutative and conjurative powers.

Character Info: With the exception of what he knows himself, nobody knows much about Talos's history. A few travellers might've spread a word or two about a wadering mage who slayed demons, but for the most part his presence in this land is new and he is just another unknown in fancy clothes.

Recently he sensed the reappearance of an evil he'd once thought long gone. His search has brought him to this land. (I know, you're thinking, how? what? no! Trust me, I got it covered.)
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:43 am

Sounds good to me. I'm interested in seeing where that goes.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:00 am

Okay, I'll get started then.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 pm

Damn, almost two months since I said I'd do it.

There, finally done. Now while I was doing this, I had an idea for another character. I want to have someone involved in the side of the Laios Knights. That way we can change the scene once in a while and both still participate. I already have the idea, so I'll post a bio when you give me the go ahead. Obviously we'll wait until the current scene is resolved before switching.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 am

We could use more characters, no matter what side they're on.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Virgo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:20 pm

Virgo
Race: Human (1/8 Elven)
Class: Laios Knight
Association: Mynden - The Laios Knights

Appearance: The only noticeable elven feature is her long silver hair, which she usually keeps tied up in fancy elabortate buns that are so popular with the nobility. Aside form that, all of Virgo's features are strictly human. She is about 5'6" and has a strong athletic figure. When she's on active duty with the Laios Knights, she wears light plate armor with a near mirror polish and the crest of Mynden on the chest plate.

Combat: Aside from the holy spells taught to all who become Laios Knights, she wields the sword called Aria, one of the sacred weapons handed down to her by the Knight before. This sword is a has a thin rapier-like blade and a simple cross guard at the hilt. It is made of an unknown metal which has a faint blue tint to it, but more importantly is unbreakable, unbendable, and nearly weightless. Such a strong and stiff blade makes the weapon suitable for slashing as well as piercing, despite the thin blade. All this seems nice, but hardly a weapon for a Laios Knight, until the greatest feature of Aria is revealed. The sword occasionally hums and resonates in a way that those who have held it claim that the sword is trying to tell them that it is alive and aware. When Virgo engages in combat, Aria's humming becomes constant, throwing her into a trance that make time seem to slow down. Everything around her seems to move slowly and the only sound she hears is a faint song coming from behind the hum of the blade.

Special Ability: Virgo wields the sacred magic from Laios, the Sun God, which ranges from solar-based attacks to healing magic.

Character Info: Virgo is the newest of the ten sacred Laios Knights. She is one of the youngest ever to qualify, and the first and only woman to reach this rank. Her record with the Royal Guard since she was 17 years old is one of a kind. Very few soldiers before had her kind of potential, least of all most women. Still, she is intelligent, strong, a great leader, and most importantly, very loyal.

Virgo has only been with the Laios Knights for a little over 6 months, but so far she has proven to be just as useful as any of the other knights, besting four of them in combat during a recent traning excercise. Of course, the ones who lost insisted that it was only because they didnt want to hurt a lady.

She was assigned to command the Eastern Border Defense, slowly becoming accepted by the other knights. She is also quickly becoming a favorite of the cardinals and was even invited to help plan the coming invasion of Doman.
Virgo
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:56 am

[burns]Eeeexcellent![/burns]
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby *Kain* » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:14 pm

Dengar, Thenician, good to see you two RPing again. I think I may make a character for this.
The Enchanted Warriors~ GM
Discord is everlasting~DIE~Darkness is Eternal
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Thenician » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:20 am

Hooray!!! It's Kain!

I mean, *Kain*. I hate name decorations!
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby *Kain* » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:45 am

You can leave those out, I used them cause I had forgotten my password for Kain when I came backafter a year break from the game.
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Thenician » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:53 am

Yea yea. You've always been full of excuses.

Go ahead and post a bio if you want. I'm going to sleep now, I'll check up tomorrow.
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:15 pm

lol Kain.

Ever gonna finish up VR3?
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby *Kain* » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:17 pm

Working on it man, trying to convince Ori to get online and help us finish the damn thing. ugh.
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Thenician » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:52 pm

Hooray, I'm back!!
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Dengar » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:48 am

Huzzah! Or something.
Dengar
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:18 am

I'm thinking I might make Morgan Krane a PC. Also, in case you need clarification. Shadow is a title given to ninja-esque, rogue-ish, scout-like dudes working for Mynden.

So it has been written, it shall come to pass!!!!
-Bender B. Rodriguez

-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Return to Writers Corner