Exiled Memories Part 2 ((OOC))

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Exiled Memories Part 2 ((OOC))

Postby Joshua Dyre » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 am

Quite frankly I hate seeing threads die and I refuse to let this one do so. So consider this a call out to all those that once posted in this storyline.

Perhaps a story so far should help... I'll post that under Joshua in the IC thread. This is going to take some work so you'll have to bear with me.

Also, FP, hope you don't mind my reopening your idea, but you did let it go. Hopefully the call out will see you return too.

Also(2) anybody who now fancies getting into this cyberpunk world, post a character description here and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks.
I'm an expert on shakespeare,
And that's a hell of a lot,
But the world don't need scholars,
As much as I thought.

"You tell me where Josh is, or I won't just give you a scene, I'll give you the whole goddamn stage play!"
Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Laila » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 pm

I'm still here. *small smile*
To be true to yourself and get caught,
Or to betray who you are and remain hidden.
Shakespeare was wrong.
That is the real question.
Laila
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Hey Laila. Good to see you back. Perhaps you can help me with this story so far bit... there's a lot to trawl through.
As much as I thought.

"You tell me where Josh is, or I won't just give you a scene, I'll give you the whole goddamn stage play!"
Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Cricket » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:43 pm

I've been thinking I need to post again for ages. Somehow when the thread disappeared from view it became more difficult. :(
Christine "Cricket" Malone
Abilities: Postcognition, Empathic Healing, Speed Healing

Angel of Mercy or Angel of Death- You decide
Cricket
Stablehand

Postby Laila » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:26 pm

I'll go through the story this evening after work and send you a summary. *smiles* Good to see you again too...

*hugs Cricket* Please do come back to post.
Shakespeare was wrong.
Laila
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:52 am

Yowza.

I live! I'm even surviving college (mostly, the WoW addiction tries to make it otherwise)... But sure, I'd like to jump back in if I could. Although you guys are right, it's quite a lot of story to slog through and catch up on.

Anyway, hope this gets off the ground again, it should be a fun time!
I was so mad, I could have chewed up nails and spit out paper clips.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:17 pm

Hey Cricket, Hey Khavi. Great. This looks possible... Laila and I are trawling through and will hopefully have a summarised plot posted up soon enough. Until then just try to check up on the last post you each made, that'll give you some idea of how to leap back into this.

Back soon.
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Laila » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 pm

Just an FYI. I'm headed out of town for a few days (I leave Wednesday), but I'll try to scan through the story some more before I leave and while I'm gone.

*pokes Khavi* Most of the storyline is comprised of you and Joshua anyhow...lol
Shakespeare was wrong.
Laila
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Thats sooo untrue Laila.... Khavi, You and I only posted about three or four times......

Or something like that anyways...

Was just reading the whole Matrix Reloaded section of our posts and, try as I might, I still can't understand it completely. As I figure it Joshua Alexander Dyre is his real persona (( Resistance deep cover agent)) and Alexanger Giselle ((or griffelle as it was in the first few posts)) is his cover. But he initially thought that he had a family, which he was supposed to have murdered but which turned out to be false memories placed in his head when he was genetically altered by Dr Kelbecki in a series of experiments called Project Leviathan, which he thought had been against his will, but then he realised he'd volunteered for it ((Read Resistance bit again)). Crayfish was supposed to be the resistance, but then turned out to be the government and the enemy, but then turned out to be Joshua's mate at school. But there's the possiblity still that he isn't Joshua but perhaps a copy of Joshua as marked by the number on his wrist. And Ruther is his brother, but also isn't, and could be the real Joshua, but.......... :? I need a break.

Oh, and the last few posts had Joshua and Buzz locked up in a cell beneath the arena after Buzz's family were kidnapped and Joshua did his usual hard head thing by diving in to attack Trigetti and Buzz was captured by thugs. And Joshua thinks Ruther has come for him.

I'm going to try and follow the other characters' posts now and see if I can post a summary for those as well.
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:31 pm

On a separate point.. How come my average words per post works out at about 5 and Khavi's works out at some where around the 200 mark.

Am I a spam monkey?
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:39 pm

Spam monkey!

WHOA guys, it was midterms this week and I just took a SURPRISE French midterm... My brain hurts. Je ne parle pas le francais! J'ai mal a la tete! Euhhh....

And you're not a spam monkey so much as I am very long-winded. Very, very long winded.

And thumbing through the old stuff... it is very confusing. But I second was Josh said, because that's about the gist and thrust of what figured out. Everyone was kidnapped and shot at and even straight up SHOT and... stuff. And now we're trapped in a basement somewhere.

Yeah.

I just can't figure out who is Real Josh and who is Carbon Copy Josh. But I think we didn't figure that out yet so... I think that should be next on our agenda. Sort of a Who is Kaiser Sose? Except we don't have Kevin Spacey.
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Mykayla » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:51 pm

I've always wanted a pet spam monkey...

Looks like you've done a fair job of getting things organized in your head without my help, Mr. Dyre. *grins* Good job! *huggles and winks*
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Joshua Dyre » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm

*L* I haven't so much got it organised as simply posted the last post I could find by each person. I left out Karen and Maya as they were single posts and I wasn't sure if they were still being pursued, the same applied to Strifey's post.

I'm sure I can trust Khavi to have reread our part of the thread by now, I've just about managed it.

Anyways, was checking the ooc thread too and am sooo glad there isn't a red button to hand.

Though.. that said..... *Pulls out a brand spanking new button, all shiny and clean with a distinct push me feel to it. Places it on the ground and waits.*

No clowns this time.... hopefully.
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:00 pm

And you can't have me as a pet spam monkey, I'm Khavi's.. you'll have to find your own. :wink:
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Joshua Dyre » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:02 pm

oh and btw... as a side point, considering that the world is supposed to be all icky and barren and dangerous beyond the city, how the heck were Josh and Buzz supposed to have gone on holiday to the mountain...??

And... who did call Laila?

Oh.. and do we have any pie left in the fridge?
As much as I thought.

Joshua Dyre
Stablehand

Postby Mykayla » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:02 pm

The email to Laila was from Cricket and Mal. lol

Goober.

And you're too much of a spam monkey even for me...and I've got a high post count. *sticks out tongue*

Now your massive RP count...that interests me, but I'll bow to Khavi having claimed ya first *winks* lol
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Latis » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:31 am

I'm still here, as to my posting...big big maybe. I'll try though truthfully the reason I never posted more was that I couldn't seem to work out how I was going to actually get my character involved in the story.

Anyhow, I'll try like I said to think of something, though don't count on too much.

I'm suprised some one we all know and love *coughlaliacoughcough* hasn't driven over to my house and stabbed me in the eye and told me to get busy, I'm such a slacker.
It's the law of the jungle, my man, if you're in the trees you gotta swing.
Latis
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:20 pm

*pats Josh*

Good spam monkey!

And yes, I've read most of mine and Josh's sides of the posts, I'll get around to writing something soonish... got an English paper due tomorrow so probabl not tonite... but this weekend certainly!

...And did I hear red button?
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Mykayla » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:06 pm

*checks for a more than temporary pulse*
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Elijah Morteron » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:52 pm

I'll be posting here and in the veiled visions thread on Monday, sorry I can't post sooner, my life is in upheaval ((sp?))
"I give hope to men, I keep none for myself."
Elijah Morteron
Stablehand

Postby Mykayla » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:22 am

I believe you spelled it correctly hun. Take your time. Life comes first. *small smile* After all, you offered the same to me. *hugs*
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Khavi » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:40 am

Liek OMG gais... that weird Khavi chick totally, liek, posted.

A year late.

But I was bored, it was three in the morning, I needed something to do and I wanted to write and it seemed... I don't know, I just wanted to write something. But I did tell you guys I'd post... so maybe it was last March... and I did.

Like a novel sized one. A novel of EMO DOOM.

You know, for old time's sake.

A cartoon of my life for your veiwing pleasure:

[center]college----> :angry1: <----me[/center]
Khavi
Stablehand

Postby Elijah Morteron » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:05 pm

Holy Shit-cakes!!

Okay, that has to be the biggest suprise I've had all week. Once I've recovered I'll see about replying.

Good to see you back Khavi.

As for college you could always get a can of gasoline and burn the place down.. I mean... um.... not in the literal sense of course :roll:
"I give hope to men, I keep none for myself."
Elijah Morteron
Stablehand

Postby Laila » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 am

*laughs* Well, I'd post if the Cricket one would return or even the Malitar one...but they haven't. I'm kinda stuckish. I really want to post again though.

*pokes Khavi repeatedly* Come on now. I did most of my quickdraw posting while I was in college. It's now that I'm out of college that it takes me months or years to reply. You were always faster than me...you should still be able to do this. *giggles*
Shakespeare was wrong.
Laila
Stablehand

Postby Khavi » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:01 pm

C'mon, Dyre, chop chop! What is taking so long you've made me wait a whole day already, gawd.

Of course, this is coming from the girl who took a whole year to reply and stuff, but I'm all like cranked now. I did one post, now I want to do a million. It's like Pringles. Or snickerdoodles.

Or crack cocaine.

You know how it is.

...And I think I pulled a muscle in my neck thrashing to Guitar Hero.

In other news, Laila's right, these are my prime posting years, college should be kicking my ass into writing, not into lethargy and general emo-ish apathy. Too much My Chemical Romance, not enough... I don't know, crack cocaine. Or Dr. Pepper.
Khavi
Stablehand

Next

Return to Writers Corner