Maxim: do you play?

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Do you play or post in Maxim?

I play and post
63%
I play but don't post
13%
I post but don't play
25%

Total votes : 16

Maxim: do you play?

Postby Sunblade » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:06 am

Hello, writers.

Just a quick question regarding Maxim, the game with the roleplay forum attached - do you play, or post there?

I'm currently writing what could be the successor to Maxim, with a new setting, some code changes, etc in the hope of freshening it up and bringing some new enthusiasm and energy to the game/forum. Since posting has declined there over time, I thought I'd visit the other roleplay forum and ask whether you currently roleplay in Maxim or if not, why not or what could persuade you to start doing so.

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated, either in this thread, in the poll, email (dave@evernight.com) or over private message.

Thanks.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby *Kain* » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:28 am

I play and post. I surely don't want that game to die, and am willing to keep posting over there. I think a fresh new world, new background, and setting would be cool. Everyone starting with new characters. I know some people would be opposed to it as they have poured years into their characters histories and whatnot. However what if we posed the idea to them. New characters (even if they have the same names and whatnot) new stories, fresh starts.
The Enchanted Warriors~ GM
Discord is everlasting~DIE~Darkness is Eternal
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Oriana » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:56 am

I post dont play, as far as new characters and the rest of what ya said Kain nice suggestion I'd be all for it!
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Sunblade » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:13 am

Current ideas are geared towards a change of scenery in a cataclysm-destroys-Maxim sort of way - if I go with this, there'd be roleplay leading up to it in the next couple of weeks so that if people do desperately want to play the same characters, they can make preparations for surviving (arks and so on).

The more fresh characters and roleplay ideas the better though, I reckon.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby *Kain* » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:16 am

Sounds good to me, and I'd be all for helpin' out with the RP of things.
The Enchanted Warriors~ GM
Discord is everlasting~DIE~Darkness is Eternal
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

Postby Khalil » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:11 am

Player and a poster...

I was feeling a little depressed about the idea of Maxim dissappearing. Needless to say, if you're willing to put time and effort into the place (or a whole new place) there are a few of us around more than willing to reciprocate. I'll stick to that commitment, at the very least.

I've gotten pretty attached to my characters (and mine are mere infants in their development compared to some), but I have to admit new characters would be a great catalyst for some fresh RP.
If youth knew; if age could.
Khalil
Stablehand

Postby Mykayla » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:38 pm

I've never been a big fan of the game, but I began my writing life in Mo'Pri (which evolved into Maxim), and consider the forum my favorite place to be. I don't post in there as often as I'd like. It's difficult to get threads going in there when you don't already have a set cast of characters, which is more than a little discouraging. That's the main reason why I moved myself to this forum. I'm all for any changes that might give Maxim (or whatever the forum becomes) a fresh start...though I seriously doubt I need to be creating a new alt for a new game. *wry smile* I already get hell from Demmy and loads of others. (No, I don't have multiple personalities...and neither do I. *giggles*)

As for the game itself, well I really don't care. I only ever play when someone has enticed me with promises of regular quality roleplay and no need for me to really keep up my kingdom. *sheepish grin* I actually made an attempt to join a guild on my own within the past year, but that didn't last long. *shrugs* Whatever you do in the game arena is cool with me so long as the forum survives.
-I'm high like heaven, and I'm strong like music-
Mykayla
Squire

Postby Holland » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:51 am

*Kain* wrote:I play and post. I surely don't want that game to die, and am willing to keep posting over there. I think a fresh new world, new background, and setting would be cool. Everyone starting with new characters. I know some people would be opposed to it as they have poured years into their characters histories and whatnot. However what if we posed the idea to them. New characters (even if they have the same names and whatnot) new stories, fresh starts.

Good idea... I have not been around long enough to really get into everything, and I'd like to start fresh and start from the beginning. I'll probably start RPing in Maxim even if this doesn't happen but it would be cool.

if I go with this, there'd be roleplay leading up to it in the next couple of weeks so that if people do desperately want to play the same characters, they can make preparations for surviving (arks and so on).

That's also a good idea, Sunblade. If there was a big need of help I could help
This place rings with echoes of lives once lived but now are lost
Co-GM of TEW
Holland
Stablehand

Return to Writers Corner