Through the Years (Poetry written over a 15 year span)

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Through the Years (Poetry written over a 15 year span)

Postby Alazne » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:28 pm

If I scream will anyone hear? The chaos inside is on a tear feeding in such a fevered frenzy devouring all the dreams we dreamed when we were young. So naive to believe and they all come undone. He's not there on his white horse to save the day, there is no castle far away, when I scream they all turn away. This time there can be no promises that it will all be okay, there is nothing left to be made right, everything is wrong, the beloved gentle warrior is gone. Nightmares replace the dreams, there is no saving grace, only the bitter truth of a fairytale reality gone unhappily wrong.

Woke up one morning and opened my eyes to see the brilliant light of the sun. Slowly I came to realize as the fog of sleep lifted from my mind I love you. So easy to feel but impossible to say it's what I've tried so hard to deny, so many things stand in the way. I don't know what I can say if I say anything at all, every word I have heard you speak I know have been the words of a lie, what you said you felt is all part of your disguise. You'd just hurt me but I don't care, I'm supposed to be the smart one but when it comes to you common sense just isn't there. Oh I know I would hurt but I don't care, I'd give up all I have, throw it all away, I'd run to you arms opened wide giving whatever you need. Your no good for me that I do know, to be used and abused taken for granted causes so much pain you could never know, but something tells me you do know and you just don't care and I don't care. I burn for you to the depths of my soul, I'd be anything you'd want me to be, willing to do whatever you would ask of me, though I know I'm hurting myself but letting you hurt me this way you're all I want.

You run away its nothing you expect
For twelve days beginning on September 3rd
Alone in the dark
During the past two years innocence her opportunity
Revenge her only desire
Death stalked the city
She lets out a half cry
Wishes them dead.

People see me bent over the paper pen in hand and they come to me to ask what I am writing about with such intent. I'll look up at them with a smile on my face thinking to myself how simple the answer could be. The answer is that simple and I say...
I write what's in my heart, I write what I feel, I write about the joy, the pain. I write about a lot of things from the reality of life to the color of the rain. Some of it's about the good, sometimes it's about the bad. No matter what it is I know it will always be right because feelings aren't wrong, they just say alot about you and what you write from your heart.

More to follow at a later time......
Alazne
Stablehand

Return to Writers Corner