Idea for a New Story. . .

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Idea for a New Story. . .

Postby Strife L. Leonhart » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:10 am

The long, long struggle of ancient times finally ended...
The victor sacrificed the vanquished to the abyss.
Four bells tolled.
Four torches were lit.
And the world continued for thousands of years…

The lands of Airamaya ...

Once a brilliant civilization flourished here. The citizens devoted themselves to the art of magick, and life was prosperous and good. Then a series of disasters struck. A Great War took place between the Norther Kingdom of Aradia and the Southern Kingdom of Ferune and both kingdoms were nearly destroyed. Over 90% of Airamaya's population died, and the advanced culture was lost.

Society declined, spiraling downward until at last only a few scattered groups even remembered there were once better times. A thousand years passed. At last, civilization is once more on the rise across Airamaya. People are again turning to thoughts of an easier life. Old knowledge is being rediscovered. But just as things look brighter, beyond a threshold long thought closed, a dark and very ancient evil stirs...

The Northern Kingdome of Aradia, one of four known kingdoms of Airamaya, busstles with life. Aradia is a lush kingdom, with rolling hills, dense forests, and many lakes, streams, and rivers. The populace, though, which is now fairly advanced, lives in fear, for Aradia's countryside has now become overrun with gruesome monsters. King Ellington, their once benevolent ruler, has become a tyrant, imposing huge taxes, while crushing all opposition with his ruthless armies. Only the brave, desperate, or stupid leave the relative safety of their towns. To venture to the outside is to invite death as a companion.

Yet, as always, oppression breeds freedom fighters. Despite the danger, many resistors organize underground efforts to dethrone Ellington and return peace and prosperity to their lands once more...

=====================================================

Ok that the general idea...

I have the majority of the story planned out which should take this tale through completion. I'm not sure what I will call it nore if I will actually start it which if why I'm posting this idea now.

If it looks like people would be interested in seeing this story take place and even participate, then I will make preperations on getting this tale underway. I guess we will see how everything goes.

As of right now it looks as though this story will have 3 Chapters to it and will have 3 different points of views that can be RP. I'm still working on all the detials but right now this is what I have.

Thanks for in advance for assistance,

~Strife~
Strife's Thought of the Month:

If a missing person sees their picture on a milk carton that offers a reward, would they get the money?
Strife L. Leonhart
Stablehand

Postby SomberOne » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:28 pm

Strife I'll rp it...sounds interesting...what kind of character are you looking for?
-Darkened Waters and Moonlit Skies-
http://www.sombernights.com
SomberOne
Stablehand

Return to Writers Corner