Stars Never Lie (OOC)

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Stars Never Lie (OOC)

Postby Thenician » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:31 pm

Alright. Since I have nothing better to do until I get a job, and I can't exactly sit here and just wait for people to post, I'm giong to start another RP thread that's open to everyone until I say otherwise. This is going to be somewhat futuristic. Figure we'll use shadowrun rules as a "guideline". I haven't decided if I'll allow spaceships yet. Okay, I've decided. Spaceships exist, but you can't own one unless you give me a damn good reason. Normally, any orbital ship is allowed, and I'll allow ships of lunar range to be privately owned. Transportation from Earth to either Mars or Europa requires passage on large private shuttles.

Good?

Each character will start on one of these three stellar bodies. Well, you could also start on Earth's moon, or the mining colonies on Deimos, Phobos, or the belt. Dunno why you would though.

Alright, starting setting and plot.
Space exploration only just became an option about forty or fifty years ago. The first thing done was beginning to terraform Mars. The surface of Mars already has a few small green spots that can be seen from orbit where algea has begun the process. The polar ice caps were partially melted by poweful lasers from orbiting satellites and some of the deepest chasms have become canyons with rivers below. At the same time, ships were lauched to set up a research station on Europa. Earth's moon has long since been bought by a conglomerate of companies that appropriately changed its name to the'Luna Corporation'. They own resorts, hotels, theme parks and almost everything else in enormous domes for a thrilling escape from Earth once in a while. Both moons of Mars and many asteroids are being strip mined for precious ores and minerals.

So, unless your character is a miner or scientist, there's no fricking reason you should be anywhere other than Earth, Mars, or the Luna Resort. But hey, if you can make up some clever reason for being there, go ahead and post.

Now since most of humanity's higher minds have left Earth to follow greater tasks, much less attention is paid to the 'ignorant' masses on the surface. Police influence is all but extinct. Important companies hire and train their own special forces security. Usually ex-military. The Global Military still has plenty of power, but they don't bother to enforce most laws. Unless you've kill like thirty important people in plain sight sight they'll probably leave you alone. So needles to say, crime on Earth is at an all time high. The tourist and residential conlonies on Mars have private police that enforce laws, but the place is still an all around loose environment where someone with an agenda can get by with just a little caution.

Let me think, what else? Umm, I guess that's it.
"I love stealin', I love takin' things."
-Bender B. Rodriguez

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Thenician » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Okay, I'll start with the generic info sheet we make for these things. I'm not going to insist you write one up, but a name and basic information would be apreciated. You dont even have to make it all pretty and story like. A simple list is fine. Oh by the way, for those of you who aren't familiar with shadowrun, just keep an eye out and see if you figure it out, if not just PM me. Remember though, we're only using shadowrun rules as guidelines, so if you want eyes like Riddick, you can.

Name: Erich Talos
Alias: n/a
Race: Human (Irish/German)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 162
Hair: Auburn (Straight and Short)
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Pale

Occupation: CEO of Talos Aircraft & Automotive Corporation (For the sake of fantasy, we'll say that TAAC vehicles are the quality equivalent of Lincoln.

Carried Equipment: Heavily Modified 54 Cal. Pistol (5 shot cylinder), Ammo Case (20x 54 Cal. Bullets), 'Second Skin' Armored Suit, Datajack (implant/behind right ear), Cranial Cyberdeck (implant/a good one), Smartgun II (implant/dermal pad), Smartlink Targetting (implant/right eye)

Other Equipment: TAAC Bishop V12 Sedan (Bulletproof glass and body, Runflat tires, High Power Rdr. & IR Jammer, High Power Rifle-4 shot clipx5, Ammo Case 100x 54 Cal. Bullets, 4x Frag Grd., 4x Concussion Grd., 4x Flash Grd., 30lbs. of C4 in safety coolbox) TAAC Firehead Long Range Helicopter (Bulletproof glass and body, High Power Rd. & IR Jammer, Stealth System, Smartlink System, 2x Rdr. Missle Launcher w/6x Missles, 2x IR Missile Launcher w/10x Missiles, 1x Lsr. Torpedo Launcher w/1x Lsr. Guided Torpedo "Illegal")

Appearance: Erich Talos is tall with an average build. He usually wears stylish black pants, with either a blue or red t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. During his rare visits to the office when nobody else can take care of business at hand, he wear formal business clothes, either a black, gray, or navy suit.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Erich is an extremly skilled pilot, the military tried to recruit him many times but he finally gave them a big enough bribe to leave him alone. He's not quite as skilled without the third dimension, so on the road he doesn't do anything too crazy, like drive down narrow streets at 180mph. His skill with firearms is average for someone who visits a firing range only once or twice a month. His smartgun implant helps his aim a lot, but it's only deadly when he's sitting in his Firehead Helicopter.

That's about it, I'll start posting story either tonight or tomorrow... Depending on the weather.
"I love stealin', I love takin' things."
-Bender B. Rodriguez

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk
Thenician
Stablehand

Postby Cink » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:55 am

Wow, I can't believe so many people have looked at this thread. I guess I should hurry up with the IC then. It should be up, by tonight.
Cink
Stablehand

Return to Writers Corner