Land In Chaos OOC ^.^

- A forum for writers. Poetry in all its forms, short stories, long stories, novels and everything in between welcomed.

Postby TheSartek » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:40 am

Ok, got the first post back done but I need to get with somebody to meet up with. Any takers on the amnesia ridden ex-badguy type? :)

I'm coming from the far south heading north, if that can tie into anyone anywhere. Just PM me if your interested in helping me get back involved in the mainstream, otherwise, I'll find my own way. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh wait, good guy now, hehehehehe.....
~SARTEK~
The noise you heard in the bushes
TheSartek
Peasant

Postby Vindao_Nuanni » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:37 pm

I have an idea how we could work that out. If your comming from the South going North, depending on the way you go around. (We'll just say you go the way that works for us)
You could hit the ruins of the old Faith Capital. Maybe walk buy a few small towns and villages along the way. They could easily direct you. You might even remember fragments of it? (maybe see the shell of a destroyed building, and remember the details of when it was still new) something like that. Anyway, when you reach the Faith Capital you would find a large group of people (men and women) working to clear debris and slowly rebuild the city one step at a time. They could be shown support by the nearby villages (food, blankets, etc) to help them get by.

If you get there and have a few flashbacks, (nice and crypic like) you won't know much other than you have already been there. It might convince Sartek to hang around for a little while to figure things out. Meanwhile, you get into helping the people there rebuilding the destruction Gazzei caused.

Princess Serah is the one in charge there organizing the restoration. Might be able to use that.

As for a way into the main group, Christopher and Vaalic may decide that the army is too "weighted down" if they ever needed to evacuate and relocate at a moments notice. The main reason for this would be the woman and children. The idea could come up to send the women and the men unable or unwilling to fight to the capital to assist Serah. Before that could be finalized, we would have to send a messanger to speak with Serah and inform her of the plan. That could be us (Vindao and Nuanni).

We would be sent ahead to tell Serah of the comming band of men and women. While here, Sartek could see the dragon and approach us. As for news and such. They talk and Sartek offers to help. By this time Serah or others could vouch for him. Saying he's a good guy. Maybe you helped keep the wolves or thieves out of the encampment? Prove your worth as a swordsman.

With a little convincing they could blindfold and take you back with them. For Christopher to have his say? Vaalic doesn't even have to know your there until your more situated.

What do you think,
Just an idea to consider.
The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender.
Elite Dragon Knight of the Fluirin
Vindao_Nuanni
Stablehand

Postby TheSartek » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:51 am

That could work. Also considering another idea Killean and I came up with after my post. Sartek ends up in Freeport, gets into a tussel trying to enter and flees(with a small group of Flurin behind) into the woods north of FP. Ending up in the mines, which would help with that other idea we were discussing. ;)
~SARTEK~
The noise you heard in the bushes
TheSartek
Peasant

Postby Vaalic » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Hey guys, I hope everyone had an excellent time over the hollidays.

Now that things in the thread should be picking up again, I just wanted to make sure we were still on track with the intended plot for the next bit. Just before we make the jump to the attack at the mines.

So, for now most of us are waiting for the time jump and the skip to the mines. We'll need ShadowRune's post with Angel and Mika to get them set, the the departure of Jake and Somber with what Kit has been up to.

I'm not sure when you were planning to make your appearance in our area Sartek, but whether its before the two week jump or not I think it'll work either way.

And Irish, however you wanted to play it out would work. Were you planning on being at the mies, or remaining in the city? It'll be interesting to see a few more developments from the "ememy" side of it.

Anyway, I think that was what we were planning before the hollidays. This still work for everyone?
When a Greater evil unites, the good must come together;
else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a useless struggle.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:11 pm

Hey everyone!
Post for Shadow coming soon. In the mean time, have a peek at something I have been working on and off for a year now. A larger and better drawn (or at least I think it is) version of our stories map.

http://faithsaga.ath.cx/Continent_of_Faith.zip
Scanned for Viri and found none.

The above server is actualy a tower I have sitting next to me which is constantly online. So I plan to upload all the old threads to it, and possibly make a neat little front end. If I do that, I would like everyones character sheet sent to me, plus any pictures you think suit your character. If anyone would like access to the server to upload your own additions etc.. just let me know via Email and I'll send your the FTP and SSH username/password.

Thanks and enjoy.
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:37 am

Well I broke my previous record of a 10 page post, with a 13 page one. If anyone notices any major continuity errors, please let me know.

I'll try to get Jurret/Warren and Sil out sometime soon. If not then continue, they'll be tagging along on the attack.
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:42 pm

Hey guys,

I think we're ready to move on to the next tier of the story. We've all been kind of stopped short till now, getting everyone back together.

When you get a chance Jake, I think you should put up the post you and Kit have been working on. I talked to her briefly before: Her computer is down and out for a little bit, but she said the post sounded good to her. There's no telling when she'll be able to get back. Hopefully it'll only be a few days, but there's no idea.

I think everyone's ready to move on and get things rolling again.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby SomberOne » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:33 pm

All right guys just tell me when and where, and i will post whatever you guys want... im just happy to be typing again !!! :)
-Darkened Waters and Moonlit Skies-
http://www.sombernights.com
SomberOne
Stablehand

Postby Senken » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:57 am

Jake:

ok will be able to post by tomorrow I hoope. been having computer trouble also for weeks now. just got it fixed. sorry every one.
Senken
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:51 pm

Good to see everyone's getting back on track. Welcome back Somber, :)

As for me I'm looking forward to seeing how things pick up, but For at least the next week or two it'll be hard for me to get any quality writting done... I'm getting way too bogged down in Marketing stuff to even really sleep. No matter what I'll see what I can do.

Glad to see things are picking up,
Talk to you guys soon.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby SomberOne » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Jake *runs up and gives hug* Welcome Back.. How Have you Been????
-Darkened Waters and Moonlit Skies-
http://www.sombernights.com
SomberOne
Stablehand

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:14 am

Hey Somber, how are you going.

Sorry I haven't been around much every one. I've had very little time to get on line. I post the combined post and hope that it matches up ok. enjoy.

see ya's later, sooner then later I hope.
Jake
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Hey guys,
I liked the post by the way, it really dug into Jake's background and helped show the bond he and Kit have been working on.

I've finally been freed from my most time wasting obligation, so I'll finally have some time to keep up with the boards. I was thinking we could do a joint post for Jake and Somber's departure. Or if anyone's already been working on it let me know. Otherwise I think I'm gonna start to write something up.

Let me know what you guys think.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Jake » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:15 am

As usual I am all pointed ears vaalic. email what you have in mind when ever you want.

Email me somber, I want to catch up a little.
Jake
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:11 am

Hey Sil,
I was going to write up a post of the dragon training scenario. Get it under wrapps. I probably won't get a chance to get it up until the weekend, but I hope to have it done before then. Depending on how time works out. I'll send it your way and we can compare notes on it. Maybe do a joint post. Get everyone on our way to the mines.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:39 am

Sorry for the delay. Post is up and it appears as though we might have some disturbing news upon returning. Regardless if everyone is ready then the mines await us all.
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 pm

Hey guys,

I posted the initial attack on the mines. I left it fairly general once we got into the compound, so it should be easy for everyone to do whatever they want.

What do you guys think, is 150 men sound about right to guard a mine/light fortification.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 pm

Yes 150 should do, however I would have imagined the main bulk of the mages being on the outside of the mines, however at most only one or two would be forced to be down there just in case. No offence, but that siege should have been much harder. What with balls of energy flying into the main group sending a few flying in all directions, walls of fire surrounding entrances unnaturaly burning any who try to rush through, and there is a million other weird little things that could happen not limited to a man just dropping down dead.

You also have to imgine and remember that Warren is there and told Vaalic eagerly that he should also be on the front lines. A wall needs to be placed between you and those energy balls, walls of fire need to be doused, and weird effects need to be stopped or reversed.

I know you mentioned that they were in the mines, but that could have been a great bluff that Vaalic believed, and do you really think a rich noble man would voluntarily step into a dirty, suffocating environment? Only if ordered to, and then you better believe that they cannot order all of them, since they have a higher status in the Flurin hierarchy then all men there combined.
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:34 pm

Well, the attack on the mines didn't go too badly overall. I agree it might have been a little quick, but it is only a palisade and not a fortress. It was left pretty general I thought as to exactly what happened. I mean, there was no fireballs thrown at the ballista, but if you would prefer the mage's presence to be felt there it can still be done.
'
When the ballista took down the door, the rest of the Faith force attacked. The archers, which included Vaalic, Jasmine and Khell didn't follow until shortly after. Effectivly the three of us were the last ones through the door so to speak. So if we saw a post from Jurret, Warren, Sil, Kit and anyone else that's at the mines, they would all be seeing direct action before us. In that case, firewalls, and magic from the mages is entirely possible. Our force could be hit hard by those damn mages. With limited magical aid on our side (The majority of it comming from Warren) we could combat them. When Vaalic, Jasmine and Khell finally do reach the palisade, the mages could either already be killed, or perhaps they see the futility of holding a breached position. While Vaalic was inside the building he didn't know everything that was going on outside. When he came out the battle was still on, but it is short lived. Realistically, the Flurin (mages included) would abandon the breached pallisade and instead barricade themselves in the mines. A superior position for defense. That and they know the mine tunnels better than us, which gives them the advantage. The bulk of the Flurin force could still be there to fight, and now we have to come to them. Which could prove to be a difficult task, even with our superior numbers.

Let me know what you guys think about that idea. Hopefully it'll be a suitable solution to it. If not we can all discuss our ideas and come up with a concensus.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Jasmine_Eclipse » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:02 pm

We have been talking about doing the posts on the attack on the mines for a long time now, so during that time everyone had an opportunity to voice their opinion about what they think should happen at the mines. If they wanted to do something in particular, or have an event occur they could have mentioned it.

I thought the battle was going to be a bit easy because I thought if there was 150 people, I thought we doubled them in size. I didn't mention anything about magic because I was going off the assumption that the mages were hiding in the caves ( and I would have never guessed that they are rich folk that don't want to get dirty). Besides, Jasmine doesn't know anything about magic spells or anything since she is a hack and slash character. It was just her point of view of what happened with her attacks, and I left it very open to what was happening around them.

So what happened inside the camp before Jasmine and Khell arrived can be done to whatever your hearts desire ( as long as there isn't a fireball shooting off when they come in, otherwise they would have noticed and would have been mentioned in the post) Otherwise I just said Jasmine noticed that the number of Flurin soldiers were decreasing at different points of the post didn't say how they died at all, it is up for grabs. and she wasn't always in the middle of battle, she was in the building for a while and such..

I'm saying its still salvagable and I left it open for other characters, this was just from her point of view and what her part of the attack was. I thought the same as Vaalic that if you were inside a palisade and your walls were breached and the enemy was swarming in, outnumbering you and killing your soldier's I'm sure you would want to retreat somewhere else and regroup. That's why I ended the post with that the cowards are hiding down in the mine tunnels. Since the battle isn't over yet, just the soldiers up top were taken care of.
There is little in this life that could be said about all things.
A way to view life: in the height of victory, or in the depths of defeat.
"This too shall pass"
Jasmine_Eclipse
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 pm

Yes, I know I never discussed the initial mine attack, I was concentrating too much on my dialogue with Angel and eager for my fight against Vaalic after the mines were finished. I must have forgot that Warren and Jurret were semi-major players in this attack.

Here is how I envisioned the battle going taking into consideration both your posts here, and that the mood was a "common day" at the mines:

When the ballista crashed through the gate the front line pours in. If any mages were out and suggesting that they were in front, they would have been slaughtered off the bat before they can pull anything off. By this time the camp is in an uproar they are making preparations to seal off the mines. Half the mages (left) will be cowering to that location, the remaining will be at semi-high points casting madly at large groups, also giving themselves adequate defences against arrows and such.

By about this time the second line would have entered, and half of the half who stayed back would be vanquished. They will again be casting into the larger group as they are together and not spaced out like those already in. Vaalic would by no means be hit as he would probably be at the front, Jasmine Khell I assume at the back. Those in the middle would get hit square on by exploding concussive waves (not necessarily saying fireball here).

Once the third wave hits, the remaining mages would either be dead, or surrendered. This would then leave close quarter fighting inside the mine, featuring the one or two unlucky mages who got shoved in there by order, and those who escaped the surface.

Now to explain a little about how I see mages. These people spend most their time sitting around reading books. An education alone suggests that they have some form of wealth or where they come from their population is large enough to grant free learning to any. Magic is also a universally powerful and useful tool, which many would pay hundreds, thousands, millions to have used for their betterment. Money to start with and/or money after the fact will shift these men and women into the rich person persona. With that persona, and nice expensive clothing, and all clean from taking baths, are these people really going to step into a mine that covers all these slaves from head to toe in black? Not even if they can wash it out. Why dirty what is already clean.

Regardless, I mentioned the above to suggest adding a little believability if you are going to involve casters. They are pesky and take out large chunks and are damn persistent, but get taken down quickly when you get right up to them.

Anyways, leave it as it is, I'll stop being difficult. I'll write up a quick post for Dravven and Warren who would be on the front line and make something good up with what happens. I'll need a couple days as new work popped up, so please wait.

*grumbles* Damnit. Still not done Shadows and we are so close to when he needs to be there.

*sigh*
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Vaalic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Okay, I've edited my original post somewhat. Now it more clearly shows the mage's element in the seige at the mines. Its still open for interpretation, so everyone can do whatever they want. Hope that works.
Vaalic
Stablehand

Postby Jasmine_Eclipse » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:00 pm

Alright I just did some minor changes to my post to incoportate the additions that Vaalic made with the magic and the mages and the boom and such :) Mages are bad, we don't like them ;) But I look forward to Sil/Warren/Jurret's post, should be interesting.
There is little in this life that could be said about all things.
A way to view life: in the height of victory, or in the depths of defeat.
"This too shall pass"
Jasmine_Eclipse
Stablehand

Postby Killean » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:58 am

Alright. Those two short guys should do it until the battle after the fact, unless anything else comes up.

I might have been wrong on some of the events, so please let me know if I was.
-神恵「争い」癒す
Killean
Stablehand

Postby Irishpsycho » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:38 am

allo allo everyone! hope everyone is doing ok and good and whatnot. im actually starting to get better. suffice it to say ive been gone a loooong time, and apologize for not bein here to at least let yall know whats ahppening with me (long story short, i had the worst roomate in the history of the world to deal with, and lack of any money from him whatsoever left me no internet. especially sucks considering he was once my best friend) but anywho im here. HI SOMBER! and thanks vaalic for lettin me know i was missed and all. anywho im gonna reread almost everything since were tonight and tomorrow so i have some clue as to where i left off. anything i should be made fully aware of before posting again??

sorry again for bein MIA for so long, but ive missed this damn place, =)
May ten thousand tiny hamsters have their way with your fluffy slippers
Irishpsycho
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Writers Corner