A Chance Meeting

A Chance Meeting

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Every night seemed the same for me. It was always the same I acted human it was easy to do, after all few could tell the differences in me unless they knew. There were some that knew and some that just thought I was some sort of freak. I am not a freak well not really, well it depends on your definition of a freak. My name is Colvin Darkwater. Yes there is some Native American in me. My family traces back generations to before the settlers came claiming to have found North America. How can you find something that was already there? I was different and because of that every so often I would find myself on the move. When you do not age like people expect you to, it does raise questions. How old am I? Well that is really no ones business. I had an account that well I could not work if I wanted to and still make the things I wanted to happen be the way I wanted them to be. I walked along looking at different things in the restaurant. Each one I worked at I was known for one thing and that was my cooking. Though I could not understand why people liked the things they did. I was able to cook all sorts of things, even olden days food. Which is why I did not mind cooking for the festival that was being held. It was a benefit and those were the festivals I did like. Something caught the corner of my eye. Seemed to me someone was crashing the party and trying to steal food. I saw the hand reaching to put more food in and my hand went to hers, I had been cleaning up getting ready to go off shift though the festival was still going on. I looked over at the female who was stealing food and calmly I spoke.

What is it that you think you are doing?

The question came out flowing like a caress as my being a pure blood vampire made certain things more influential. My eyes to most just looked dark, and I got comments about it all the time. My features were a bit different but nothing would stand out unless you really looked. Now I am going to tell you very few movies and shows have done vampires justice. Things that sparkle are not vampires, I do not care what anyone says. Those are not real, and they are not even close on that one.
Colvin Darkwater

Re: A Chance Meeting

Postby Sernia Chance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 pm

*She looked to him as his hand caught hers, a look of fear written on her face and in her blue eyes, she tries to pull her hand free from his grasp, her black mid-back length hair looked greasy and uncared for, her goth style clothing looked dirty and uncared for, it was as if she was roughing it on the streets. Though something stirred within her, something that would make him want to be close to her but also repel him from her, She looked human but her scent would tell him that she was something more.*

"Please let go....I just need some food..."

*She pulled again trying to get away from him.*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Something was strange about this one. My eyebrow raised as I was looking at her. There was something different though I could not yet tell what it was. Why was it that someone would come to something like this to steal food. I had a hold of her and I was not letting her go not just yet.

You know there are places for people to get help. There is no need to be stealing food. You could ask for help

I did notice that she looked quite a bit a mess, this made me more curious about her. So I was watching her it would take nothing for me to trail her at all.

Sometimes the easiest way to get what you need is to just ask.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm

*She frowned and tried to pry his fingers from her wrist, she shook her head"

"There's no help for the hunted."

*It was all she said as her eyes flashed a wolf amber in colour and she ripped away from him, she tries to run off and be unnoticed by anyone else. if he had been watching the news recently, he would have heard about the escapees from the insane asylum and the "murders" that took place within the walls of the building.*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Some choose to make themselves hunted, you can be the hunter or the hunted. You can make yourself the victim or you can take care of things.

I had seen the news and I knew she looked familiar, but things were not always as they seemed. You do not live a life like mine and expect everything to be normal. I had learned long ago to find out more before making any judgement. I noticed that some started to look our way and I did let her go. Simply because I had her scent now it would not be hard to follow.

So I got some food and I think you have a story to tell.

It was not hard to follow her at all even after I gathered food up and brought it with. I was interested and it would be easy to just turn them in and collect the rewards that were offered, there was more to it I had to believe.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm

*She ran back to where she and her friend Khan, a 7ft 4ins tall muscular man had been hiding out since their escape. she rushed inside and looked to Khan*

"I'm sorry, I couldn't get us any food right now....I'll try again later."

*When he caught up with her, he would find himself arriving at one of the abandoned decaying buildings where no one would think to look for anyone such as Sernia or Khan. Sernia knew this. Sernia moved to Khan and sat down, Khan looked to her*

"It okay. We get food."

*Khan's voice was deep and the way he spoke, he sounded like a child, he looked towards the door which hadn't been closed right by the panicked Sernia. He placed an arm around her*

"You tried to get food but it not work this time....maybe next."
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Or Maybe as I said she could have asked for food

I was standing there leaning against the open door way looking at the way it was. I shook my head with a bit of a smile. It was clear that the other person was not fully there.

As I already said I got food and I think you got a story to tell. Yes I know who you are, who you both are. I know what you are wanted for. Now what I want to know is your story.

I put the food out that I had brought I had put together plenty of food and placed it down had the plates and all. I was looking at them both and I shook my head.

I am not talking about the story on the news, I could care less what they think they know. Everyone has a story, and who knows I might be able to help you.

The one thing they do have right in a lot of movies is how fast we can move. There are some more interesting things too but will get into that later on.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:38 pm

*She looked upto him, Khan quickly stood but was stopped by Sernia grabbing his hand*

"Khan no, don't. it's okay..."

*Khan looked to her and then the new commer before sitting down again. Sernia looked to him and sighed*

"You want to know about us? why we did what we did?"

*She looked to the food as it was placed out before them. She was unsure of this guy, she didn't trust him*

"And if We tell you what you want to know. what stops you from telling the hunters where we are?"
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Whether you tell me or not I could tell the hunters where you are. I can track you quite easily, you made it almost too easy.

I watched the big man and I was not too worried about it. The bigger they are the harder they fall. He had about a foot or so on me I think. I could not tell at the time.

I could have already told them and had them follow me while I tracked you. But I did not do that.

I grabbed something and ate it yeah food was just a way to fit in really. I smiled at her and had gone back to leaning against the door.

I figure the news and all that stuff you read is not always true. They paint a picture that they want everyone to believe even when the truth is not always in that picture.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:57 pm

*She sighed and moved closer to him, she shook her head*

"I don't remember alot from the day we escaped....All i remember is finding myself covered in blood and feeling sick after we had escaped."

*Khan looked to him, his 7ft 4ins tall muscular frame somewhat relaxed. he moved closer also but it was mainly to be protective of Sernia*

"The bad men hurt me...beat me...Wolf girl found me...want to help me...she gots angry and went after bad men....she kill them cause they try to hurt her."

*The way Khan had said this was the way a child would tell a story, short and to the point when they wanted the person they were telling to see that they were telling the truth*

"Wolf girl help me leave that place of bad men...I not go back...Wolf girl not go back."

*He said this was almost a temper tantrum voice*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:41 pm

I smiled at her and stayed leaning against the door listening and watching them. They did not seem like they were being made out to be in the media. I listened to the male. It was like listening to a little kid.

Sounds like you blacked out from whatever was going on. That is common in certain situations. I know they said your names on the news but I really do not pay much mind to the news. You know sometimes they do not get the story straight at all.

I was watching them carefully and I was looking at her but watching this man. He kept referring to her as wolf girl. So I looked at them and I was not that worried about anything.

I am not going to let anyone know you are here. You two are not going back there. At least not because of me. They are going to be looking for you still they were talking about bringing in dogs and such. Maybe I can help though. And why does he keep saying Wolf girl?
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:59 pm

*Sernia sighed and grabbed some of the food and brought it over to Khan, she didn't seem to trust this new male enough to allow him any closer to Khan or Khan closer to him. She looked back to him, she looked him over as she moved to get her own food*

"I don't know why he does that. I don't mind it though. He and only one other person calls me that...And I've never had it explained to me why they call me it."

*She sat down between Khan and the other male, sort of being protective of Khan. Khan looked to the man and giggled insanely*

"Wolf girl, has wolf in her...she wild when she want to be....she act differently when wolf take over"

*Sernia's head snapped around to look at Khan. This was the first time he had ever said anything like that. a deep frown showing in the paled features of her face, the black tear mark lines coming down from the corners of her eyes down her cheeks towards her neck seemed to show more as she frowned.*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Do not worry I do not bite unless invited too. You two do not have anything worry about with me.

I was watching and listening and I was looking at them. I moved in a little more and sat down watching them both. I had not made a move to take any food.

So you have wolf in you that is rather interesting though I would not let that be known to too many people.

So I was sitting there watching them and I was just listening. I was thinking of a few different things and I was thinking of a way to help them. I was not sure I was going to be able to other than to get them out of there.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 pm

*Sernia sighed and rolled her eyes*

"I don't know what he's talking about, I don't have wolf in me or anything else."

*He would be able to sense that there was something more to her, she just didn't know it, it would seem. Khan sighed and sat there eating much like a picky child would. His eyes glancing to Sernia and then to the man. Sernia lowered her head to her right hand and sighed as she rubbed her forehead, Khan frowned*

"Wolf Girl okay?"

*Sernia sighed and lifted her head, her eyes having changed to an emerald green, she smiled, the man would notice that her canines were elongated slightly*

"I'm fine. I just have a bit of a headache."

*She watched the man, he would know that she wasn't the human female she had been a few seconds ago*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Well he believes you have something in you not that it matters not are all as they appear.

I could fit in well because I did not look like what a vampire should according to some people but that was okay. I was watching and I noticed some changes to her.

Well you know certain things can happen but whatever. It matters not to me what you are. I was just thinking of how I might be able to help you with things.

I had some friends that might be able to help. I do not know why I was compelled to help her.

You need something for that headache?
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm

*She looked to him, her emerald green eyes glinting*

"He can believe what he likes. he doesn't know much about this world..."

*She stretched and cracked her neck. she continued eating*

"What would you wish to help someone that you know nothing about?....And how do we know that we can trust you?"

*He would notice a growl behind her words*

"And yes please if you have anything."
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Maybe he knows more than you think

I could tell there was different things about her, and even if she did not want to admit to it.

How can you know you can trust me? Well I have not given you reason not to. When you started to gather attention at the party I took their attention away after that. I have not turned you in, and have not called anyone though I had ample chance. Also I did bring you food.

Her growl did not bother me at all did not even phase me.

Here you go, I keep some on me for others, I do not use the stuff myself.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:19 pm

*She watched him carefully, she slowly stood, as she did, Khan's attention went to her and the male. she moved towards him, her hips swaying seductively. She reached out to take the painkillers from him, she smiled again, the way she was acting at the moment was more like that of a hungry vampire.*

"Thank you. Why do you wish to help us?"

*Even the way she spoke had changed a little. She stood there not far from him, she stood there with her arms wrapped around her waist loosely, she seemed unconcerned by his presense. She didn't even seem intimidated by him at all now. unlike the human side of her.*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Something tells me what Khan said is true. And maybe just because I can help, not all are bad you know.

I will admit that my eyes were rather glued to her as she was moving like that. Hell can you blame me I am male after all. So I watched her and then I thought about it I grabbed out the drinks and brought them over to them.

I almost forgot that I had these for you two also.

I smiled looking at her not sure what the game was but that was okay. Though I was getting a bit hungry myself.

I am going to need to go and take care of a problem soon though. After I go back I will be back later to see if there is anything you need. There is elsewhere I can take you but I would need to take you that way the dogs could not follow an actual trail.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:23 pm

*She smiled still, she gently reached out and took the drinks from him, her fingertips barely touching his hand. He would notice that her skin temp was strange, she was colder than what a human would be but warmer than that of a vampire. She nodded slowly*

"When you've been in a place like we have been. you learn even those that say that they do not wish you harm, will actually harm you to save themselves....We aren't stupid. Khan is insane yes. but not stupid."

*She leaned against the wall, her emerald eyes glinting again, she looked to Khan and then back to him*

"And how are you going to do that with such a large man as Khan? He is very easy to spot. Hence why he stayed here while i was out looking for food for us....And I do not know what you mean...I don't see how there could be something to what Khan said."

*She looked to Khan and tossed him one of the drinks. Khan caught it and smiled*

"Thank you."

*Sernia smiled and then looked back to the man*

"Are we going to get to know your name? And How will we know it's you when you return?"

*She opened the drink and popped some pills into her mouth before taking a sip*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:08 pm

I smiled over at her and was watching her as she walked. When she touched me I did notice something strange but that was okay. It was not that long that our fingers touched.

I am not saying any of you are stupid. I know about places like that but from before not sure what they are like now. That is neither here nor there. Well you can either trust me or you do not. It makes no difference to me I offered to help. Take it or leave it.

It was going to be a challenge to move one Khan's size and I grinned slightly. Well the things I did with the catering did have a van. It might just work, maybe but I had to make sure tracks were covered well.

Listen I have access to a van Khan and you could easily get in back. I got a place that no one will go to. Until more of that investigation is done, you will need to be able to hide out. If you keep going out to steal necessities it will be dangerous.

I looked at her and thought about it, I would not be able to get the van all the way in here. So that was going to lead to a problem. I knew what to do though. I would get rid of one of my many toys. See it was rather a hobby of mine to mess with vehicles. When you live as I have have money like I have well you find interesting hobbies to do.

I will have a vehicle that can make it in here by remote that will have to be how I get you two out of this part to begin with. Then from there we will move to another vehicle. Do not worry it is all safe they will not come in here at night. They are afraid of what lurks in the forest.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:21 pm

*Sernia's emerald green eyes glinted slightly as she watched him, she smirked and nodded.*

Very well. In that place we were kept. it is the most unfriendly for those that are not of fully functioning minds...such as Khan. They thought I was the same...but I am far from that...I have done things that i regret and things i do not. But some deserved what i gave them.

*She moved back to Khan and placed her hand on his shoulder. She looked to him again.

"We will take you aid. But if you try to turn us in....you will find violence will be the reply to that."

*She smiled as her eyes flashed that dangerous wolf amber.*
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 pm

My eyes would flash themselves but a bit of red would show. I was not one to be threatened, and I did not take threats kindly at all.

In places like that some get away with things or try to because they do not believe that the people in there deserve humane treatment. Some times we have to do things we are not proud of in order to make it in this world. Some do get what they deserve and some could never be given what they deserve because death comes too quickly for them

I listened to when she said about taking aid, and what the response would be to that. I kind of grinned knowingly and I just shrugged slightly.

Violence is not my answer to anything unless it is a last resort. I do not take kindly to threats, not when I have given no reason for those threats to be made. I am going to tell you quite simply, I am not one to cross people and I am not one to be crossed.

I took a drink from the flask that I had. Tonight was going to be a long night and I had a feeling I was not going to get time to hunt like I wanted to. Though being as I am certain things did not affect me. I could hunt any time.
Colvin Darkwater

Postby Sernia Chance » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:58 pm

*Sernia smirked and watched him with her wolf amber eyes. she tilted her head in almost a wolf like manner*

No one takes kindly to being threatened, but some threats are made more as a warning than a threat.

*He would notice she seemed more of a threat with her body language and the dangerous glint in her eyes. Khan looked to her*

"Wolf Girl. We be safe...no need violence...the normal ones like violence more than we do though...that why she threaten you...Mister food bringer."

*Sernia gave an almost cold laugh at the name that Khan had given the man.*

"I think He is trying to hint to what i have already asked. What is your name?"
Sernia Chance

Postby Colvin Darkwater » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Some threats can be followed through and some cannot be. I think it is just best that you remember I am trying to help you. I do not have to and that I did not have to at all. So please keep that in mind. After all as I do not know you, you both do not know me.

My eyes flashed I am not sure what type of game she was playing but I was starting to get tired of it. I am not one that takes threats lately, just ask well you cannot ask actually because those that thought to are no longer able to be reached. Not my fault they went mad.

Some think they are normal and they are not. But Khan is right Wolf Girl. Some like violence more than others, and most like it more than I do. But when called to I do take care of threats. Well you are asking mine and all I know you as is wolf girl. You can call me Col, though my name is Colvin Darkwater. So now wolf girl what is your name, yes I know I could look at the news but hey its easier this way.
Colvin Darkwater

Next

Return to Shadows of Time