Shadows of Time:Shadows of the Past and Present

Re: Shadows of Time:Shadows of the Past and Present

Postby Dalton D » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 am

Well that is true they would not be able to say much now would they? I know that Errol was telling me that the progress is going well as he could hope. I of course had to tell them that was because of my drill Sargent of a therapist, who has been keeping me in line.

I knew that she was right that no one was forcing me to stay there but I felt I needed to see it all through. Especially since Kyle made it clear that he would make sure things were taken care of. Kyle, and what he had been through had been rough on him but he was getting to know the daughter that he never even knew about. I knew from our long talks at night he said the only thing that had been missing from him and Devyn was them having a child together. He had really wanted a child.

I know that nothing is technically keeping me here, that I could sign out anytime. I did promise Kyle that I would take care of things. I also promised you that I was going to work with you and get this better. I am not one to break my promise. After all a man is only as good as his word and how he treats people.

I felt a bit of a spark when she touched my leg I was just thinking because it was not expected. I had to smile at her feeling her touch it was one thing when we were out like this. It was another in therapy.

Yes I consider us friends Regan, in fact when I feel like giving up well you keep me going. The thought of you, and how much you put into things with patients keeps me pushing myself to not disappoint you.

Listening to what she said i did crack a bit of a smile as I leaned and touched her face gently. I could not believe that she would think that she was going to be anything but beautiful to me.

The operation itself is quite extensive but the recovery is not bad. I do think they said I could do it soon and see about having my sight back. It does make me a bit nervous. Well I would be glad to have you there, but I could never consider you a pain in the ass. You and Kyle are the only two real friends I have made in a long time. I like when you are around and teasing me too.

My hand did caress her cheek I may be blind but I was still able to do certain things easily.

Actually what I was thinking about most is getting to see this face. I very highly doubt you look like that especially since I have asked some of the others that you look like. I would be the same man but I might have to come up with some new ways to flirt and once I was out of here I would have to convince you into going out for a night on the town with me.

There I let her know a little more of what I was thinking. I was not sure what she was going to think about that though.

I do like spending time alone, but I also like spending the time with you but would you come sit next to me?

I asked okay I think I sounded a bit shy the way I asked it but I was shy by no means. I turned to her with a bit of a smile.

I was thinking about you when they were talking to me about my sight. I want to be able to see the moon, the stars, the things I took for granted, but more than anything I want to see you.
Dalton D
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 am

I know you are not the only one along with the heathens that need time as a family. The dream came back last time I slept. I have not dreamed about that in so long.

I smiled down at her she would know which dream and with all that was going on I was missing a certain someone too. Lexi my little banshee was always missed but more so seeing her brothers all together and all. Kryssy being away made it even harder where as she was our only living daughter too.

I just wish Lexi could have met him too. I know how she would have been just like the others but letting him know that she was going to do as she wanted and there was not a damn thing that anyone could say about it. Unless they wanted to deal with me on it.

Then again if Lexi was here there would not be the triple threat either and Kerrin would not be as happy as we have seen him.

You know it is amazing to me to think how certain things happened and I know they all did for a reason but still I know Lexi is watching over all of them with a smile.

I knew it was important to her that we did it the way she was thinking so I gave her that grin before leaning in and kissing her.

We will do this your way, and yes we have my brother and Rayne we can depend on and for the reasons we would be doing it they would understand. Yes I have carried it with me for years and I will but it does not change that I know now we were pawns in a game, but even then what I did, what I cost us. Well it cannot be replaced though we can move on and get to know our son. It is so amazing to me to think of that.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Hanna Connor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:50 am

Walk with me Cole...
She slipped her arm through his, leading him through the garden gate, it was more of a meadow than a garden, something that resembled Lilys Valley but wasn't quite the same. Hanna always loved to go to the Valley, she found it peaceful, and a true escape from the pressures and strain of everyday life. So it only made sense that while she was in her "dreamworld" she find the same peace.
Let me explain something to you...
She looked to the sky with a smile on her lips, closed her eyes and breathed in the scents of wildflowers floating on the breezes rolling over the green grasses.
I understand that everyone is worried, and I know that it might come down to me being turned. I've had a lot of healing to do, you know that, but it's more than that Cole. I've had even more thinking to do. I know you might not understand, hell I don't know if anyone would be able to understand.
She opened her eyes but couldn't bring herself to look at him knowing what she was going to say and how it might shock him, maybe even hurt him and hadn't he been hurt enough?
I wasn't sure I wanted to wake up at all without being turned. I'm strong and I know the demon blood I carry in my genes allows me to heal quicker, but it's not enough. Not for me. Not if I want to accomplish all that I have planned for my future. Something as simple as hitting my head on a rock almost killed me... I need to be better, faster, stronger... I need to be able to... what I really need to be able to do is walk in the light of day but still have all the strengths of a DarkChild.... and I'm still trying to figure out how to make that happen. Myra, Steel and Noelani can all day walk... why? How?
She sighed forlornly and dropped to the ground sitting with her legs crossed Indian style. She looked up at Cole.
I thought I'd have an answer by now but I don't. So I guess I better just wake up huh? I need to talk to Errol and Bryce about V1 Cole... I mean what if I started taking it... and then was turned? I don't know. I know I'm being selfish, keeping myself here like this...
For some reason tears started to pool in her eyes. Hanna was always so sure of who she was and what she wanted from life, and then Cole Shadow crept his way into her private world one night, and stayed there. They saw each other through some pretty horrible times in their lives and Hanna started to really care for him. Maybe it was wrong but in a way, she was glad that Tegan turned out to be who and what she was. The only thing she didn't like about it was Cole had been so hurt from it.
She wasn't stupid and she was far from naive. Cole would always see her as little Hanna, his best friend, and she sure as hell wasn't going to push to be more than that. She was content to have him with her as he was, than not have him at all.
I'm being ridiculous aren't I? I've just needed time to think, I know I have every worried sick about me because I should have woken up by now. It was wrong for me to keep myself here like this, but I needed the time Cole. I really did. I have had so much to sort through and so much to weed out, I didn't see any other way of doing that without my father getting in the way. The way he has handled this, has been all wrong, the way he's treated you is appalling, I don't care how much you understand how he feels... and I certainly do not agree with how this whole situation was handled as far as the Council goes. You didn't mean to hurt me and the fact that Creedy put a whip to your back... no... they WILL be hearing about that from me and nothing you or anyone says about it is going to change my mind.
Another sigh and Hanna was on her feet.
Will you be there when I open my eyes Cole? Promise me you will be and I promise you an hour from now, I'll have rejoined the rest of the world...
Hanna Connor
Stablehand

Postby Cole Shadow » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 pm

No I guess I do not understand staying in a state like this that has everyone worried. Plenty of people who were not dark worlders did amazing things. Look at Rayne, she was one of the most storied elves in the Elite's history. Then of course there is Jade. Look at all that she did when human. My own Mother you still hear stories about. So you have some weakness but even dark worlders have their weaknesses. The ones that you named were born as they are now. So it was something from birth and drugs had nothing to do with it.

I had sat down next to her after she had sat down and as much as I listened I was also going to talk.

There may not be an answer that you will like. I do not know about things with V1, I am not sure I like the idea of you taking it, or turning just to be turned so that you have different weaknesses.

My arm went around her and I leaned and kissed the top of her forehead and then I was looking at her.

There are other ways to handle things instead of keeping yourself in a state. Yes everyone is worried sick, your parents especially. He is being a Father Hanna. What do you think would happen if it was one of Losa and Kiara's children, or one of my siblings, or someone else's child? Your Father loves you and is protective of you. Your family has been through enough you all did not need this on top of it. The council did as they have done for centuries. No I did not mean to hurt you but you were hurt. I took the punishment more than willingly. Because nothing they could do to me would hurt as much as seeing you as I have. Seeing you laying in that bed not moving, not responding no matter who was there hurt me more than any whip or fist could. You need to remember we are elite and we have certain laws to follow. To question those laws is not a good thing at all because you do have a bright future with the order if you continue on the path that you have so far.

I stood and I sighed looking at her, my hand touched her face.

I will be there but you as much as you want to talk about others behavior you know damn well that there are others that would have had my head if it was their child. I do expect to see you awake in a hour, and to answer something you said earlier. Yes I do think you staying under longer than you needed to was and is selfish. I think your reasons for wanting to be turned are selfish. There has been so much going on in the world with your friends and your family and you made the decision not to be a part of it. Just like any other time there are some good some bad, and some I am not sure where it lands.

I looked at her and sighed I knew I was being a bit rough but if I could not be honest with her who could I be honest with. I looked at her and then spoke.

People have needed you, your parents need to see you are okay. I have needed my best friend too, I had already lost the woman that I thought I was going to be with as long as she lived. Then I had hurt my best friend intentional or not does not matter. Then I have been without really having my best friend there to get through things.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cole Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Lucian Deamons » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 pm

It goes how you doing Guin?

Things had settled down some and I had got in more than my share of trouble. So there I was looking at her and looking around us. It is always insane when you get so many of us together. I was grinning at her. Talk about a messed up family. Yeah so my name well you can tell all that I was named after. Yes they called me Lucky just like the man who's first name I have. I also have been told that I look like him. I guess that is not a bad thing.

Well ya know all I keep hearing from them is to watch my mouth, to watch my manners and the such. I mean really it is like they expect me to be perfect and all and that is just not me. So what ya doing out here other than hiding from the old folk. Yeah most of them have turned in and I just don't see where the big deal is if Jackson and Noleani have hooked up big deal they are both adults. Hunkered down with a big fire but I would rather be out here and was thinking that you might want some company without it being a large amount. I do not know what they were thinking having everyone here for the weekend.

I had ended up sitting with her but I did not know why she was saying things were unnerving.

So what ya been up to Guin? Staying out of trouble or what? Trouble just seems to find me.
Lucian Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Hanna Connor » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 pm

I get what you're saying Cole. I just wish you could really understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to excuse or justify what I've done, only trying to explain so maybe you more than anyone will have a clearer understanding.
In some ways it hurt that Cole didn't seem to understand what she was trying to say, and maybe part of that was her fault for not explaining it well enough. No one but her could know what she was feeling or thinking, what it was like to be her, and for a short while be trapped in her own body, wanting to be a part of the outside world, to stop what was happening to Cole as far as the Council went, to be able to tell her father to stand down it was an accident, most of all she had no idea if she would be able to continue on in the Elite... if she died that was one thing not too much could be done about that, but what if she didn't and she was caught in a world inside her own being? It was a lot to deal with, to process, and she did have serious thinking to do, serious choices to make. If it hadn't been for Annie, her and Cole wouldn't even be having a conversation.
I don't know. Maybe I wanted to disconnect from everyone and everything because for a while I was just trapped Cole. Maybe I built a world within myself because maybe I was thinking ahead and without realizing it, getting myself used to the idea that I might not ever wake up. It's been a month, and I've only been keeping myself like this for a little while, the rest of the time, I was forced to be here. Annie knew it and that's why she came to me and taught me how to walk this way, so that I would at least be able to move in some fashion. Once I knew I was going to wake up at some point and I needed a little more time. Truth is you could have killed me Cole, and that does rattle a person. A lot happened that rattled me and I need to sort through it all.
Hanna didn't think about it at all when she reached out cupping his cheek with her hand, she didn't give it one second of thought when she leaned up closed to his ear whispering to him, talking to him in the way they just always did.
I am sorry I wasn't there Cole, but I'll be there now, and whatever happens from now on, you won't be alone. Can you please get to the hall now, I think I'd like to wake up now.
Hanna Connor
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Reagan thought about it for a second and decided that no harm could possible come from her moving from the chair she was in to sit next to Dalton, they were just sitting and talking after all, so if anyone tried to say anything, not that anyone should anything, but if they did, she wouldn't have a problem putting them in their place, and she had a feeling that Dalton wouldn't have a problem doing the same thing either. She also thought about everything else he said and while she appreciated and was even flattered by some of what he he said she needed to make sure that if he did decide to have the operation done it was for the right reasons. Dalton did not strike her as the kind of man to make decisions on whim and she didn't think he would make a decision as serious as this one based on seeing a womans face... her face. Still she needed to say something about it.
As sweet as it is that you say its my face you want to see most, I know that is not the reason you are considering this Dalton, and you really don't need to come up with new ways to flirt, sight or no sight you do pretty damn well for yourself right now as it is.
She didn't care that he couldn't see, she was still grinning and shaking her head, he'd be able to tell what she was doing regardless.
I do need to ask you something though Dalton. I know you've told me a lot about your life and I know you don't have that many people that you keep close to you... but isn't there anyone other than Kyle and me that I should call for you if you do decide to go through with it? Surely there is someone out there in the world who worries for you and would want to know what is happening with you? I'm not trying to pry, I just can't imagine not having anyone... not that you don't have anyone... you do have me and Kyle and we'll do everything we can for you, I hope you know this... but you don't have any family or anyone that would want or need to know about this?
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Cole Shadow » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 pm

I guess I am not sure what you are meaning. Maybe things are not being explained right. But what really want is you to be okay, it is what I have needed to see and know.

I was standing there to her and talking to her. I knew it was about time for me to get to the hall to go see her anyways it is something that was set up already. I smiled at her slightly and I was looking at her.

I do know how it feels to want to disconnect from everyone. I do not know why you would get yourself used to that you might not wake up because you are strong Hanna. I have seen what you are capable of in the elite, and I know you are capable of so much more even without being turned. Being turned does have its down sides too. I am glad that Annie taught us both how to do this because I have missed you. Having you here like this is not the same though. I know I could have killed you and that is something that I have had to deal with every day, and every time I have been in there with you. No one else needed to remind me of that because i remind myself all the time about that.

I had my arms around her and I kissed the top of her head again and leaned to speak to her.

It is about time that you are ready to wake up. I am not sure anything else is going to happen to me here on out. I have learned some lessons too. Just no causing too big of a stir about things either remember what I said.

I smiled and leaned and kissed her cheek. I did head for her room then and Nathean did not give me a problem. I went to sit next to her holding a hand and Nathean he was on the other side of her looking like he was getting ready to pass out himself.
Cole Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Dalton D » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 pm

There is a lot I have missed being able to see. There is a lot that has changed in the world since my accident I am sure. I know from the things Kyle and I have talked about. Before the accident there was a family I was close to, I was engaged to be married. They were my only family left, I had known them for years. When Shauna decided she could not take me as I was, I stopped even going over there. It hurt too much, plus i did not want there to be a problem. I did not want the awkwardness of it all. I had no one else until Kyle came along. A few of my Military buddies might be wondering what happened to me but that is about it. There is no one else that would care about it.

I tried not to sound angry when talking about what happened in the past. Part of me was bitter but part of me wanted to just let all that go and I had for the most part. When she did sit next to me my good arm went around her shoulders and I grinned a bit.

Okay so getting to see your face would be an added bonus to maybe being able to have a normal life again. Well about the new ways to flirt, I want to keep you on your toes you know and make sure I can keep your attention some.

I laughed slightly and was actually happy as I sat there wishing I could see the look on her face. I was sure that she was smiling about it all. My thoughts were going very fast through my mind.

The more I think about it the more I know I was wrong to cut myself off from the world because of one person. I know I have you and Kyle and that means a lot to me. I have relatives but my Father was kind of the black sheep of the family. See he married real young because of my mother getting pregnant with me. The rest of the family thought that they should not have been wanting to raise me. I have grandparents still out there but I do not know them. Last time I saw them was when we buried my parents. They did not even come when I was in the hospital. I cannot change how some feel about me. It is not prying Reagan you are my friend and I have told you almost everything I can.
Dalton D
Stablehand

Postby Lucian Deamons » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:24 am

I think you are right from what I know about what happened. I know he had been through a lot and not really having all his family here. It is good for him to have everyone together once in a while. It is just for me with growing up so fast, I cannot help but think I missed out on some things that others take for granted. The gods well that was something else, but at least now it seems settled down for the moment. I really do not see why anyone is making a big deal out of Pops and Noleani. Maybe she is just what he need ya know.

I smiled and listened to her, you know there are few that can get me to slow down on anything. She was one of them maybe it is because I was interested in her. So it was just one of those things. So there I was listening to her.

I always hear how much like them I am from others. That is why I do not get when they try and keep me in line. They turned out okay even with all that they acted like. Yes I have heard some of the stories about my parents. Including when they met when they were little and my father declared she was his. I still think that part of it all is funny. I know that people say our children are going to be just like us and guess my parents have been getting to experience that too. Things in the family are always crazy but I do like hearing about why things are a certain way. I was thinking that maybe you would like to take a walk instead of just sitting here. Looks like a nice enough night out, not enough of them left anymore.
Lucian Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Leyla Lockheart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 pm

They have lost their damn minds that's what it is. It's the only damn thing I can think of to explain what the hell they are doing.
Leyla Lockheart Deamons was walking down the hospital hall with the gentlemen, if he could even be considered such, who had volunteered to walk her to her car given the hour of night that it was. Had it been anyone else coming to tell her they were making sure she got to her vehicle safely she would have laughed in their face and asked them if they had gone soft in the head, but this wasn't just any man, and she knew better than to laugh.
My mother is screwing around with Phillip, my father is screwing around with Ardis... and yet both of them have told me how much they still love each other and that no one has an intentions of divorcing, that they have all been legally separated just to avoid an real static being caused by the media... so what it is? They just needed to spice life up a little? If that's the case I can wrap my head around that, but really? My mother with Phillip? Pallia hasn't forgotten their little incident, nor have they forgotten how Kira used to be... the elves in Firyon must be having heart flutters knowing one of their twin sweethearts is the Chiefs mistress.
They walked the hall until they reached her office.
I just need to grab a patient file. Dalton, Reagans PT patient... I'm sure I've told you about him.... is considering having that eye surgery and I want to go over his history again to make sure I don't miss a thing before I consult with the Chief and Dr. Brannigan. Oh speaking of Dalton has reminded me... have you gone to see Devyn yet? This whole mess with Kyle has got to have her rattled and I'm sure she could use some support from more than just your brother and his wife. Talen and Noble are still away, and with Elder and Lucky no longer with us... maybe a visit from you will do her some good.
She stopped and wrapped her arms around his neck.
I know it's not exactly your thing, making house calls like, I'm just a little concerned for her and for Dayle. Anyway, are you hungry? I was thinking it's been awhile since we've been out to dinner... what do you think Taltos? Dinner then home to a nice long hot bath?
Leyla Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Dalton mentioning his military buddies made a light bulb go on over her head, but what were the chances that he might actually know not one but two of Pallias very own? Well there was only one way to find out.
Do any of these military buddies of yours have names? I don't know maybe it's just me thinking to hard, but I wonder...
She turned so she was facing him, again it didn't matter that he couldn't see her, she did treat Dalton like he was the same as every other person, he deserved to be treated that way, just because he couldn't see didn't make him a lesser person or a lesser man.
Do you happen to know a Nathean Connor or a Seth Grayson?
There was a part of her that hoped like he hell he knew at least one of them, because if he did Reagan knew it wouldn't take anything more than asking for Nate or Seth to come pay a visit. She wanted to smack herself in the forehead for not thinking of it sooner either. Of course with what Nate was dealing with with Hanna, he might not be so agreeable, but then again... Nate would understand more than anyone what Dalton was dealing with as far as facing an operation to correct a disability caused by an accident. Except what happened to Nate was no accident, he had been a prisoner of war, just like Seth... the hows and whys didn't really matter though in Daltons case, all that mattered was, Nate would be able to understand better than she could, and maybe that's what Dalton needed. Again her hand went to his leg without thought and she made a face.
There are a lot of things in this world that I have never been able to understand, like how someone could claim to love another enough to want to marry them, but the minute something happens, they can't handle it. Whatever happened to for better or for worse? I mean don't get me wrong... there are some situations where bailing is a good thing... like if someone is getting beat damn near to death every other month... but that's self preservation. Leaving someone because an accident left them impaired in some way... that's just selfish. Anyway, I didn't mean to go on a tear Dalton. I know it's not what you need to hear. What you do need to do though is start getting back to your room. I'll walk back with you if you don't mind, I know you don't need me to, but I'd like to.
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Dalton D » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Neither of those names ring a bell to me I have been out a few years. I think I knew a Nathean Connor from doing combo missions. I was on a special protection squad. I had been a sharp shooter. I could hit something on first shot. Never missed in an actual mission, we called the Nathean I knew something else though. We all had our nicknames. Nathean I knew we called Squirrel. It was because how he would go this way and that way, hell he was quick like the squirrels in the road. I know some of us had more understandable nicknames. Mine was Sharpy, not that creative but it fit I guess. I could hit a target blindfolded when in training.

I shrugged slightly thinking about what she was saying too. I frowned slightly and I was thinking about that.

I know what you mean that is what is wrong with this damn world. Things are just words, I guess I would rather have found out now then had something happen and us be married then she leave me when something happened. I have to agree that if someone is beating someone the person needs to get the hell out of there. I cannot see how someone can claim to love someone and hit the person. I don't give a shit what reasons they give. I have no use for a man that wants to put his hands on a woman and think it is okay. I hate when people act like that.

I stood and put out my hand to her. I did not mind the company at all.

Going on a tear about things well we are friends right? Friends are supposed to be honest to each other. I would like you to walk back with me, I like have your company.

I could not understand how anyone would think it was okay to put their hands on another human being. Well not everyone is human I know that but still. So we were walking back and I spoke.

I should not have cut myself off from the world when I was hurt by what she did. But in a way I guess it all led to me being here so I cannot regret it too much. Because without that happening, I would not have met Kyle, and then I would not have been here with you.
Dalton D
Stablehand

Postby Taltos Deamons » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:10 pm

We know the histories, and yes what he did is not forgotten by anyone. I am sure your Mother has not forgot about what happened back then. I am not sure what they are thinking, but I am telling you this. I do not share, so if you ever need more spice well it will have to be something other than that.

I knew that she could take care of herself. I had not even given her a real choice about me walking her to her car. Mine was slipped next to hers in the parking lot. I knew not a one person there would say a damn thing about it either. After all I was one of those that had a quick response time when something was going on at the hospital.

Whatever they are doing at least it is out in the open. Though it is kind of strange in some ways that your parents are with another couple. Just I be glad it is your Mother and Philip, and your Father and Ardis, and not your Father and Philip. Tongues would be wagging at that one for sure. Especially with the relation there. As long as all parties are in agreement about what they want then I do not see a problem. Maybe if what you said is true this will be just a phase they are going through.

I walked with her listening to her about Dalton and needing his file. I thought about all that was going on.

Yeah I went to see her and let her know if she needed anything that I would be there. Though too many getting in the middle of that might be a bad thing. After all they need to find their own way in the world whether it is going to be together or apart. Though I know Kyle has been working on getting to know his daughter. That is where his main focus has been and needs to be. I went to see her before coming here, not sure what she is going to do.

Well you all know she is the exception of who I talk to. There are not many that can get me talking. I smiled when she wrapped her arms around my neck, and my arms went around her waist and I kissed her.

I know you are concerned for them. I also know that she will let me know when she needs something too. I do not know what he was thinking. I think dinner is a good idea, and the bath well I can think of other things I would rather be doing but I will take one with you.
Taltos Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Well I do suppose everything does happen for a reason...
Reagan never spoke about what she had lived through and though Dalton knew that Stryder had gone to jail for something that had to do with a cousin of Cyranda Janes, even in the papers Reagans name was never put into print as a way of protecting her, so she didn't know just how much he knew about her own past. A past she would never forget but one she chose to put behind her. Hearing him talk about how a man should and should not be did make her believe even more than he was one of the good men, as few as there were, left in the world. It seemed to her that all the good men were either born in Pallia, or eventually found their way there.
They were walking back to his room making small talk while she thought about what he said as far as the Nathean he knew when he was enlisted. She was going to have to ask Nate about it, but she knew it was going to have to wait until everyone knew more about what was going to happen with Hanna.
She started to say more when a doctor came down the hall. One she recognized and knew well, though she hadn't seen him in the last six months because he was a specialist that was only called to Pallia General when he was needed.
Well look who we have here! I was hoping to run into you while I was here!
Reagan smiled her best smile, truly glad to see the doctor just not so thrilled with the timing.
Hello Dr. Brannigan. It's been awhile hasn't it?
The doctor smiled and before she could say or do anything he had her chin between his fingers and was tilting her head up towards the light of the hallway.
It has been awhile... six months since the last time you were in to see me... you look amazing Miss Ryder... there's barely even any scars... when you were brought in I wasn't sure how everything was going to play out... I can't believe Stryder Deamons ended up in jail... funny how the law works like that. It was okay for that monster you were married to, to literally bash your face in... but Stryder was the one who went to prison... ah but why carry on about the worst of times when I can see for myself that you have healed wonderfully. You are an amazing little thing Miss. And I hear you've made quite a niche for yourself here. Good for you. I'm sorry to have to run like this but I have a case I was called in on and I have some work to do before I can... well you know how it goes. Anyway, it was good seeing you Reagan, and I am really happy we were able to reconstruct that pretty face of yours. Take care Miss Ryder.
Just like that the conversation was over and Dr. Brannigan went on his merry little way. Reagan however was standing here with her mouth hanging open, and Dalton eyes were locked on her even though he couldn't see, he was still staring straight at her.
Guess I have a little more talking about myself to do don't I? We are friends after all and if you can tell me all that you do, I can tell you what you don't know about me... come Dalton, let's get you to your room and I'll tell you what that conversation was all about.
An hour or so later Reagan was finished telling Dalton everything about her life when she was a wife and a personal punching bag and how Stryder ended up in jail, and how she rebuilt her life. When she was done she leaned back in the chair in his room and sighed trying to make light of having to relive a life that was closer to being in hell than anything.
There you go, that's everything. And now you know why I'm an orange skinned troll with yellow eyes. It was the only way they could rebuild my face.
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Dalton D » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Sometimes the reasons at the time do not show themselves but in time they do and they will.

We were walking and I was happy to be doing so with her. I was listening when she stopped to talk to someone. Well not so much was said but it led me to believe there was more to her than what she had told me. Also that there was more that she lived through than what she had been telling me. So I stood there quietly listening. So there was this Stryder that had been put in jail for something. I heard something about her getting her face bashed in and I think my hand went a little tighter around hers. I meant what I had said before about men and keeping their hands to themselves. So this Stryder went to jail for her, and I was starting to piece together who was who still. I smiled when I heard him say she was an amazing little thing because well she was. I stood thera nd I knew where she was.

Yes it sounds like you got a bit of a story to tell me as well. Yes we are friends after all and if you are ready to talk about it I will listen.

I sat and listened to her and I was angry at the end of her story, oh not because she did not tell me this before. I was angry because someone thought to hurt her like that. My hand reached out and touched her face gently.

I doubt you got the face of a troll and yellow eyes. Something tells me there is a beautiful face that I am not getting to see, but even if you were orange skinned, and yellow eyes. It is not your looks that makes me want to be near you and see you. It is what is here.

My hand went down to where I could feel her heart beating. I smiled over at her and I spoke.

You are amazing Reagan. All that you have gone through would break a lot of people but here you are helping others. I think it is amazing and I think you are amazing for what you have gone through to have the heart that you have. With as you are I am sure you got the men lining up at your door. Though I kind of hope that there is not too much competition out there for your attention.
Dalton D
Stablehand

Postby Lucian Deamons » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes we missed out on a lot of things from what I have heard about the normals world. You are right though we have so much more knowledge about some things. I know that none of them could do what we did. Could you see what school would have been like though. I would say we were right where we are meant to be. We follow the path of the elite because it is what we want to do, and some it is cause that is what they feel they have to. Sometimes I wonder what life is like for the normals though.

I was just talking aloud cause anyone that knew me knew being elite is what I wanted. It was not just what my parents may have wanted for me, it was never really about that at all. So we were walking arm in arm through the gate and we were not going to go far at all.

Yes this is our world. So many have sacrificed so much. Still there are those that want to kill us because we are different. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if the hunters had not come and did what they had to certain ones. I know the man I was named for from stories. The uniqueness of our people can also be dangerous because of the outside world. How many have died just because they are different? How many more will die because people cannot be tolerant of that which is different from them? There is no place I would rather be than here, I know this, just sometimes my mind wanders. Though I was hoping that maybe you will be around a little more now that you are back here.

Those that knew me knew there was one girl that could leave me tongue tied at times. Right then thank the gods or whatever I was not getting tongue tied.

The histories are amazing aren't they? I went to check on Hanna there still was not any real change or anything. I am worried about her. We are the next generation that will be taking care of things and I am sure as generations before we will do some great things.

I smiled as we walked just to walk, it was not like there were not other ways we could travel. I was at peace for the moment.

I would not trade this life for that of a normal person at all. We have experienced things others will only read about, it is amazing you are right about that. So where would you like to go?
Lucian Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Juliana Shadow » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Jessie and Jeramiah had gone to bed, which left Juliana and Falcon alone with Harper and Trifton in the family room that Juliana called the Wolfs Den... but the Den for short. Mama and Daddy had called Jackson and Noelani into Daddys study and that meant that there was no one to keep Juliana from saying what she wanted to say and giving her very blunt opinions on what was going on with her sister and her brother. She was the youngest of them all, the baby and more than once... she let them all know she was the boss of them all because of it... of course that had been when she was little and could get away with it because everyone thought she was so cute. She wasn't being cute now but she was letting the boss in her come out.
Leaning forward, her elbows on her thighs, a fist tucked under her chin, she eyed her sister Harper, those eyes flickered over to Trifton then back to her oldest sister.
You know this is going end one of two ways Harpy... either he sprouts wings and a halo... because that is what it will take for me, for Jessie, and for Jax to believe that he's changed... or he's going to end up a dead man. Oh I know you're going to tell me to stay out of it, you're going to tell me that it's your life... and that's true... except...
Julianas eyes narrowed down daring her oldest sister to start up with her. It was a very rare thing for Juliana to act the way she was now, yes she could handle herself if need be, but normally she was laid back, calm, free spirited... it took a lot to get her to react in an extremely negative way... and this situation with her big sister... absolutely without a doubt hands down... called for it.
You didn't mind us staying out of it when he was making your life hell on earth. WE were the ones that had to watch him break you the way he did, we were the ones who spent countless hours looking for him, being there for you as we should have been because you are our Harpy and we love you... Jackson is the one who took you to the hospital more than once because when he was drunk and throwing whatever was within reach you ended up getting hit... all three of us were there the night he overdosed and you thought he was going to die and what happened Harpy?
In a way Juliana felt she was being a little too hard because she was damn sure that Trifton didn't know all the details of the night he almost died, but maybe, maybe he should know and maybe it would make him see even more why they, meaning the siblings were being so protective.
Juliana don't!...
Harper jumped to her feet and Juliana was on hers. They were standing almost nose to nose and Juliana did something so unlike herself it made Harper gasp, and she was looking at Juliana like she had gone crazy.
Juliana pushed her sister making her fall back on the couch, which is exactly what Juliana meant to happen.
No! You shut up Harper! He needs to know everything and I am sick to my stomach keeping your damn secret for you when you're just going right back to him! I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut while on the inside I'm sick with worry for you every day! You're my big sister Harper... and what he put you and Cam through... his actions caused more hurt than even he knows and he needs to know!
Juliana turned her hard gaze to Trifton.
You were loved you know. Not just by Harper, but by all of us. We saw you as family... as a son... as a brother... but not now, and excuse me if I cannot be all happy happy joy joy that you've finally gotten your head out of your ass... or so you want everyone to think... some of us are not as naive as Harper has become and it's going to take a hell of a lot more than what you've shown so far for you to ever be accepted the way you were once by the rest of us. What my sister doesn't want you to know is the night you decided to have a little too much fun... she had a miscarriage. She wasn't as far along as Kiara was when she lost Shade... but a baby is still a baby nonetheless... honestly I'm surprised she didn't lose the baby sooner, like when she caught you with your whore... but whats a month here or there right? So long as you got to do what the hell you wanted what did it matter what you were doing to Harper and what you were putting her through.
A tear spilled down her cheek when she went back to looking at her sister, and she felt Falcon stand up next to her. He took her hand and whispered in her ear that she said enough, he wanted her to come to bed with him.
I'm sorry Harper, but you have to understand, it was killing all of us seeing what he put you through, and when you finally rebuilt yourself and your life... you have to understand why it scares the hell out of me... and Jessie too but you know Jess... she's more diplomatic than I am even when she's upset. Don't think just because Jackson has been behaving that he's happy either. We don't want to see you broken again Harpy.
More tears started to fall and that's when Falcon let them all know he was taking his wife upstairs to calm her down, and when he scooped her up in his arms intent on carrying her, she couldn't help the small smile that crossed her lips and she buried her face in the side of his neck.
I'm sorry honey, I know this wasn't a good ending to an otherwise perfect night...
Juliana Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Hanna Connor » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm

True to her word, when the hour was up, Hanna Rayne Connor opened her eyes and found herself being looked at from all sides. Of course her parents would be there keeping their constant vigil, and that brought a wave of guilt crashing over her for having kept herself away as long as she did. Was it really that long though? Really a month had four weeks in it, and she had truly been unable to do anything for a good chunk of that month, it was only recently she realized she could wake up if she wanted to, and she did need the time to sort through all the different emotions and thoughts that were running wild in her. Iliana was there, and even though she could hear her mother and father talking to her, could see her parents both with tears in their eyes, and on their cheeks, even though there was a smile on her lips, her eyes, like those of her father, were scanning faces, and when those eyes settled on the face she had been searching for the smile widened, brightened. She put her hand out to Cole, and the look on her fathers face didn't go unnoticed, neither did the recognition that flared in her mothers eyes. Her mother knew... and that meant that Hanna would have at least someone to stand up and speak in her defense if events came to pass the way she hoped they would.
She was not going to push... but little nudges here and there would not hurt.
Hanna was of Connor blood, and Shadow blood, and Deamons blood... and like so many of her blood... when they knew what they wanted... they went for it.
Hanna opened her eyes knowing even more than before what she wanted, and she was going to do whatever she needed to, to get it... and if she failed at least she would be content knowing that she gave her all.
When Cole came to her and took her hand she pulled him down to her, bringing his ear close to her mouth.
Water please...
She whispered first and then she wet her lips as best she could and placed a kiss near his ear.
See... just like I promised. I have missed you Cole Shadow.
Hanna Connor
Stablehand

Postby Trifton Wakefield » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 pm

So I was expecting it maybe not from Juliana but from Jackson. There is nothing that can change what happened in the past. No matter how much I wished I could change things. My hand was in Harper's most of the night. Why, well because that is where I belonged. There was no excuse for what happened in the past. The addictions became harder and harder to control back then and I am not even sure why. You ever seen a man who had it all and threw it away? Well if not just look at my histories. I knew her siblings were not going to be happy but the truth of the matter is that I really do not give a shit what they think. The one that mattered the most was Harper.

Well I am not going to sprout any wings, or a halo, I am not perfect nor did I ever claim to be. What I have come to terms with is I am an addict. Yeah I know big surprise right? You all could see what I was but I could not see it or admit it. I was too weak to admit it, year after year it got worse. I know this, and I know I hurt many people that loved me. I cannot change the past I wish like hell that I could. I am not even sure where things got out of control. I know I cannot take another drink, I cannot and will not go down that road again. As I have promised others I would not but more importantly the person I became was not the man that I was meant to be. I was someone I could not even stand. I hurt Harper and I know the things I did, some I am not even sure what the hell happened to be honest other than I got into shit that I should never have. When I came to the realizations of all that I had done I wanted to die, because that is what I felt I deserved then someone made me see there had to be some good some where. Because I had been loved by so many, and most importantly I had a wife and a son that loved me more than anyone acting like I had deserved to be loved. Knowing that son had still believed in me even after all the wrong I had done I had been given a new strength a strength I should have had before.

My eyes met Harper's eyes I was shocked by the revelation that there had been a baby. A baby after all that time, and I was the cause for that baby not being there. I felt sick to my stomach and I am sure it showed on my face. Gods no wonder why they would rather see me dead.

A baby we were going to have another baby? Shit I knew I was a total fuck up but that well, hell that makes me see even more. I did not know which is obvious, and I would like to think that if I had known I could have changed the way I was. To be honest I know that I was too far gone. I tried not to be. I ruined not only our lives but an innocent life.

I was not going to let the tears fall because I did not deserve to at least that is how I felt. I was looking at Harper she was the one that mattered to me. What the hell was I to say to all of that.

Oh gods Harper no wonder

I could not even think straight though I did look up at Juliana.

I do not and have not expected anyone's trust to be just given back to me, and some may never trust me again. I understand that, and I know this. My head is out of my ass and I am not expecting to ever be accepted the way I was once by any of you. I have given you all reasons not to trust me and I know this. I also know that no matter what anyone says or does, and even if things with Harper and I do not work out I will continue on the path of recovery. I know it is a daily struggle right now and it will be. There are times the smallest thing could go to push me over the edge, but I already lost all that mattered to me. For awhile what was most important was not what should have been. My family, my wife, my son should have been what was most important. I lost all of that for booze and drugs. Since I started putting myself back together I have gone through some things that had made me want a drug of some sort. But there are two faces that remind me that it is because of being into those things and not being in control of myself that I lost those faces. Getting to wake up and see those eyes looking back at me. The little boy that used to want to be just like Dad, then seeing in the eyes of a grown man how he was glad he was not like me.

I was toying with my coin in my hand cause I found it to be calming. Once Falcon took Juliana away I was sitting there looking at Harper. I spoke quietly to her.

How can you even stand to look at me? Shit Harper I know I had been an asshole then to find out all that happened.

I had let go of her hand at some point because well I felt I did not even deserve that.
Trifton Wakefield
Stablehand

Postby Lucian Deamons » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 pm

No my training has kept me here, and when the others would take off for this place or that place, well I preferred to stay and train up. Then when I did have days off I was here avoiding certain people and spending time with my family. I would love to see your Mother race some time. I think I actually have days off for the next race. I was told I had to take some time from training, you know something about all work no play. Though if that is not the weekend I can switch with someone if nothing else.

I smiled over at her why she made me nervous I am not sure. You know the sweat in the hands thing. I did not care where we were walking to just a direction to go though. Sometimes it was good just to walk to walk. I smiled over at her and walked along with her. I had seen the house all the time growing up and I looked over at the house.

I would have liked to know him you know. Yes Ma still owns the house that is something that I know she would never get rid of. She talks so much about him at times. I was named for a couple of men I never met at all.

I was listening to what she was saying and well we all did expect that she might have something. I mean really look at who her Father is, her Grandmother is, and not to mention who was even further back in the histories, her great grandparents were the two most well known mages in Pallia. At times they both were the mage guardians of Pallia and her people. So I smiled at her and grinned slightly.

Yes I know some of what you can do and I think that alone is amazing. So we can talk to people from the past. That is quite amazing. I think it would be interesting to talk to the original Lucky I would like to know. I would not want to touch them but I would like to know more. Some would want to try and push your abilities I am sure, so no I will not be talking to anyone about it.

I had slipped my hand to hers and I was walking with her.

Could you imagine loving someone so much like he had Winter. To have someone be your everything that you did not want to live without them?

Lucian Deamons
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time