Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Re: Shadows of the Past:Another Chapter

Postby Nala Shadow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:02 am

We still have a good little family Papa, and Sarabell might not be here physically but she is all around us... I see her most of all when I see my brother smile, or I hear Bean laugh.
Nalas heart went out to her father, Jackson Shadow was the only father Nala could remember, she didn't feel guilty for that, after all she was so little when the explosion happened, the explosion that killed Peter, Peter who had made her his own even though she was the product of an affair between Nalas birth mother and Sarabellas brother Jason... the same Jason who had been in league with Alistar Runtsor so long ago....
She shook her head and stopped herself from thinking back on those god awful times. There was so much they all had to be grateful for. She slapped a smile on her face and started walking with her father towards town, walking was something that they all seemed to still like to do even though they could have easily jumped in a car and drove, but with a month of night ahead of them, Nala was going to enjoy being outside every chance she got.
You know Daman forbid me to step one toe in that courtroom don't you? I think he was worried I'd just choke Heather out right there in front of everyone. I told him I would get off easy because come on... even for leeches carrying a baby has got to mess with the way a body functions internally right? I did promise him I would stay put though, you know it's funny he acts more like a big brother than he does a little brother. I'm not complaining though, he knows I'm crazy about him and that's all that matters. He looks good too, real good. Melinda really is good for him, and you're right she already is a good mother to Bean. She loves my niece like Bean was her own... kinda like this man I know that has loved me like I was his own for as long as I can remember. Now...
Once again her hand went to her belly.
As far as this baby goes, I'm not worried about how he or she is going to be because I know Stryder and I were given a great foundation and raised right, and we will pass all that we were taught on to our children and they will grow up to be good men and women just like the men and women who raised me and Stryder. Anyway, Papa... I'm not pushing or prying... but Mama isn't here to say anything and you know I don't keep quiet when I have something to say... but I think you're being a little unfair to Reagan. Do you know I never thought I would see you smile again... but then I saw you with her and I saw you smile... and it wasn't just some polite smile either... it was real... I'm not saying run off and marry the girl... but she seemed to be good for you and I know you've been good for her... what's so wrong with keeping her as a friend? Would it really be so bad?
Nala Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Oriana » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 am

Aranor, you need to relax. Nothing is going to happen. You keep looking around like you are expecting something to come sneaking out of the shadows to slit your throat. And what do you think the chances of that happening are with me sitting right here? No one would dare make such a move if for no other reason than they would not want to have to face Kiara Jades anger or the Guardians' wrath.... don't you know until I fall from grace and am knocked down off the pedestal they all have me on... again... you are untouchable?
The mage was trying to ease the tension she knew he was feeling, and she knew he was feeling it, not just because his eyes told her so, but because if she was apprehensive even though she was pretty much proclaimed a damn innocent in all that happened, how could he not be feeling the same?
It irked the her that the part she played during the Time of the Dark Mage was written off as "Oriana doing what she needed to for the family"... as much as that held true, she felt she needed to be held accountable for her own actions... yet no one seemed to agree with her. Not even Payten blamed her, but she should be blamed on some level yet there she was being treated as if she were some precious, sacred being that needed to be protected more than anything, and she was not amused. Maybe it was best she didn't think on it just then, after all this was a time for celebrating, and she did not want to ruin the moments to come for anyone.
I know this hasn't been easy for you, not by any means, but I need you to really take a step back and look at everything around you dear heart, everything and everyone around you... it's all coming back together... healing. Little by little... life is becoming completely good again. So. Smile some Aranor, your face won't break if you do, and understand that it is okay to let yourself be happy.
My Heart, My Soul Lies Within the Dragonhand.
I'll miss you everyday until I see you again Darth
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:45 pm

I know there are those that would take my head if given the chance. I know that they would not want to face Kiara's wrath nor the Guardians. I know there are those that have my back to a point but still. It does not mean that it is not a hard thing for me to not think there are some that would love to see me dead. What about the ones that lost their children because of what went on.

I would feel guilty about it for long time. It was not something you could just get over at all. I did smile though because I did have things to smile about. I had my daughters and had my Mage.

You are right things are getting good again. again, I just wish some things could be undone that happened. I am happy to be here with you. I also know some of them are watching to make sure that I do not harm you too. They don't realize you are part of me and I could not do anything to hurt you.

I did smile at her and I was happy just right where I was. I smiled at her and kissed her.

What would you say about maybe dinner out at the inn? I was thinking it would be good to go there eat. Maybe get out a little more.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Jackson Shadow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 pm

It was so much easier when she was here. From the moment we met there ws something there. You know she felt she had to take care of me herself? Yes your brother does have her smile and Bean her laugh. She would be so happy to know about everything that is going on. She also gave me two incredible children.

I smiled and walked with her. I did love walking with her I remember when she was little and would hoist her up on my shoulders. That memory brought a smile to my face. Even when Daman came along that did not change things between Nala and I.

I am sure just as Daman did not want me there either. You probably would have choked her out, but that is because you have always been protective of your little brother. He loves you Nala you know he thinks you are everything to him. I see how she is with Daman and Bean she is good for them both. I have always seen you as my own ever since that day. Then after that my heart was stolen by the most amazing woman and little girl. Do you remember there was even that part in the wedding?

It had always been important to me that Nala knew that blood or no blood did not make a difference she was mine. I was listening to what she was saying about different things too.

I know that any kids you have will be raised right but can we stand another growler. I mean we got Big, Lil what will this one be Mini Growler. No you do not keep quiet when you have something to say, you never have. Hell that first day you met your Stryder you had no problem telling him exactly how it was going to be. Nothing is wrong Nala it is just complicated, something about the things with her struck something within me. I started spending more time back here, and not really talking to her. I never said I was not going to keep her as a friend but I just need some time. Plus I am sure she has better things to do than hearing how that bothered me because of my Sarabella.
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Yes always with the beds, not that I can think of any of our wives complaining.

I laughed and was looking at her. It truly is amazing how some things never change but do change. Think back so long ago when her and I first met. I thought she was nothing more than peasant woman trying to make me change my mind about someone that was to do to war with me. Instead she was this amazing woman who was one of the greatest assassins. There was nothing that I wanted more back then to just prove myself. Well so much more happened then, for those that do not know Angel comes from way back then. She thought I was the Angel of Death, kind of funny in some senses. We have been through things that others would not have made it through that we did make it through, some things took time even years to be able to get through. There are things that others just could not understand or even imagine going through. With us though it had been trials that made us what we were now, there was nothing and I do mean nothing that I could see that could tear us apart. We have gone through so much and even when we lived apart we were still together.

Well just that I like them but only if my wife is in the bed with me.

Her scar the one that i would forever say was hers, the one where I had tried to kill myself to protect her. Time of the fallen something none of us would ever forget, nor would I try to. It was a time when I did not know if I would ever have my family back. My fingers were running through her hair. Shade was lost when that happened it took a long time for us to get through it, for things to work, any who thought we had it easy did not know us or the life that we shared.

I know you are home with me as I am with you. I do miss everyone too especially our heathens. It has not been too long since we were last there. I know you cannot pass the chance to see our babies and their babies. I know you like seeing them all together.

I could not pass it up myself either, though I also missed Lexi, my little banshee. She was a Daddy's girl from the moment she came into the world. Just as Aidan and I were always at odds so were Lexi and her Mother.

Yes I miss our banshee. No you do not need to tell me because I know we both always have her in our hearts and minds. There are times it is like she is right there. Yes she would be telling you to get back to check on the others. She would have loved seeing all that has gone on. We both should get packed now the question is which way do you want to go back there by? I still say we should have eaten one or two of them. That would have shown them.

I was grinning at her and just shook my head while laughing.

We may have to come back here again, and as I said we will still be doing more of this trip I had in mind later. You think they are all still watching over Oriana like they are afraid she is not real? I do know SJ will be home before we get there.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Oriana » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 am

There are always going to be people in the world that do not like you and may even want to see you dead...
The mage started her statement sitting on the wall. She finished it when her feet were on the ground and she was standing in front of where Aranor sat. Looking up at him, a slight smile turned the corners of her mouth.
We all have enemies in the world Aranor, whether they are close enough for us to see or enemies that are entirely unknown to us... they are still there. It's just a fact of life that none of us are excluded from. Now I know you will say that some of these headhunters had not been so before, but you have to keep in mind, nothing is certain in this world, in life and all it takes is one moment for friend to become foe, or for foe to become friend. If we spend our lives worrying, wondering and waiting for something to go wrong, then we aren't really living at all are we Aranor?
She turned around and smiled again this time to herself when she heard his feet hit the ground and he walked in step beside her.
So... instead of letting guilt eat away at you... do what would be expected of you... what I not only expect from you, but what I have demanded from you the whole of our knowing one another... live dear heart. That's all any of us can do. Of course I don't expect you to become this heartless, unfeeling being, and yes you do have plenty of emotional trauma to work through, but you cannot allow what you feel to keep you from life. Maybe you should talk to Losa and to Kiara both at some point. They will be here soon enough, you know nothing will keep them away, not if they know their children are home. I think they might be able to offer some insight that could help you. Now about this idea you have of going to the Inn... I think I'd like that very much, but I'll only go if you promise for one night... to let go of the negative and embrace the positive.
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:41 am

Just as bad what? Wanting to make sure my brother and sister are safe? You know that there are still some that would like to see them dead. There are some that will always want to see him dead, and she could get hurt because of it. I am just doing what I have lways done since everything changed.

Yes I was watching over her for the simple reason I was not going to let anything happen to her. I know the others were watching her as well. But ever since the time that I watched over her in the cell that day so long ago, a time that most do not remember, well it just has been that way. We have all seen deaths over the years and some affected us more than others. Of course the death of the general, and my children that have gone on affected me, but so did that of one of the women I would give my life for. Now some will not remember that Oriana and I started off at odds, but there was a time that came to be that if not for her I still would not be around. I would not have been a Father to Cori and my family would not have been what it is. The day that we thought the elf was dead and I was framed for it. There was so much that no one really did understand about things. So there I was standing there looking out at her.

She would light into me about how I do not need to worry about her. Yeah I know she would get in my face but I am not doing anything that i had not done in the past. I just do not want to lose her again. Yes privacy means a lot to me, not that it is easy to come by either, but family is also important to me.

Make no mistakes about it, there is no blood that runs between Oriana and I, the closest blood we share is that she is Annie's Mother. She also is the one that has helped Aranor through all that he is going through. I see his smile when he looks at her, no one knew how much Aranor had to fight things, how much he had not told people what he was going through. Now the news about Aidan and Cori was not what I was hoping to hear. There is still a lot that I see wrong with that whole situation.

Yes I still hate it because I do not see it. I do know he has changed some but I also know not everything over the years with him was the darkness. Yes my elfling's happiness is important to me. No such titles do not matter anymore but you know it is kind of funny I wonder if he feels he is putting too much on her with her being pregnant like he tore into me for getting you pregnant when you were pregnant with the twins. No of course you do not look that old. About baby Evan of course we can take him for a day so his parents can have a day to themselves. Of course I am okay with us taking any of the children for day for their parents to have some time. You know I like spending time with the kids.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 am

It is funny some of these same people that want to see me dead are the same ones who's families we have both saved time and time again. You are right there are always going to be the ones that want me dead.

I grinned slightly at her my eyes were shining bright even with all the death threats and such there was still reason to be happy. I had the woman that knew me better than anyone by my side. I still do not like the way things were done but what was done was done. There was no going back on it at all.

No you are right if we spend a life time worrying then we are not really living at all. Then again what you said is true it does take only a moment for a friend to become a foe or foe to become a friend. We have had plenty of moments like those.

I was smiling and walking with her and nudged her slightly. She was right you know I cannot let the guilt eat away at me, not all the deaths were my fault. Then again I was not there to protect the family that I was always trying to protect.

Some things do make it easier for us to be able to live easier. You are right of course it is all any of us can really do. I know that they will be here soon enough because you are right they will not be kept away with the kids home. They might be able to, but I also know that being what I was to the family and all with what happened. I let our family down, let the people I swore most to protect down. I think letting go of the negative needs to be more than just this night. The positive, I can definitely see the positive side of things as well.

There was a grin on my face and I looked to her. I did not think I have been this happy in a long time. I had tried to be and I had decided no more thoughts bout the bad for the night. Whenever there was a celebration going on the Inn was one of the places to go to. It would be ongoing with all that was going on.

It is funny how some namesakes are nothing like the people they were named after. This Quinn Lockheart really needs to watch his step, I do not care how much he looks like my cousin he is not him. He is lucky you only did what you did to him. That i also did not get to do anything to him.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Oriana » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 am

And there it is...
Oriana sighed heavily and her shoulders slumped, a sigh and sign of defeat all in one. Everything she tried to teach Aranor when he was her Tra'ni... meaning her student... the most important lesson she hoped he would learn, had been lost on him. Or so it seemed.
My ultimate failure staring me in the face.
She saw the question in Aranors eyes when he looked at her and she smiled weakly, slipping her arm through his while they walked. Sure they could drive, but some habits the mage enjoyed, and walking was one of them.
Out of everything I have taught you... the one lesson that was most important for you to learn, escaped you, and I have no one but myself to blame.
Violet eyes went to the blackened sky, scenes from her life flashed in her mind reminding her of all that she had lost on many levels because she believed she had to sacrifice almost everything in order to "protect" the people around her, and even in some ways the world.
Since when did it fall on you to be the great defender? The great protector? I feel like... how does that saying go?... Ah yes a broken record... Aranor, it was not your responsibility alone to protect the family... such a task is too much for one man... or womans... shoulders to carry alone. Just because you were born with a gift, as powerful as that gift may be... you just like me, just like your daughters and any other born with any special gifts, are flawed and fallible. We are not perfect, nor were we meant to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders. Such a weight can crush a person and that is the lesson I seem to have failed to teach you because if I was successful... you would not be speaking as you are now about failing the people you swore to protect. If that is the line of thinking you are taking, then by all rights... Kiara and Losa are just as much to blame... after all do you not serve their Order? Were they not sworn to protect... yet they failed to protect you did they not? In the same breath... I failed you did I not?
That was all she felt like saying on the matter, and she went right into another matter. One that brought a twisted grin to her lips. The young Equinox Lockheart, fool of a boy that he was, had thought to do something few actually had the nerve to do. He touched her. Oh he wasn't being malicious when he did, it was a little amusing to a point because the boy was actually trying to "hit" on her, though why he thought she would be even remotely interested was beyond her. He ended up with a searing hand and she ended up walking away as if he had never been in her presence at all.
As for the Lockheart boy, he is very lucky that you were not there, while I know you are not a violent man by nature I also know that you are... shall we say territorial... not that that is a bad thing, it's only natural and right for a man to be protective of something or someone he cares for. I'm not worried about the boy, though he is a mystery, there is a secret resting in his eyes that I wouldn't mind revealing if for no other reason than out of curiosity... and there is something there that I cannot explain... but I can feel it and if I can feel it... I want to know and understand who and what he is... if he could be a threat and what not. So with that being said I wonder dear one... how much of a heart attack will I give you if I offer to take the boy to dinner... as a way of "apologizing", for overreacting? Though we both know I never overreact and whatever he thinks is an apology is just a way for me to get what I want.
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Oriana Mara Connor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Christ Connor...
Oriana Mara Shadow Connor came up behind her husband shaking her head and sighing a huge sigh. She had been tracking her husband who had been tracking Oriana and Aranor and maybe she should have been annoyed, but she wasn't.
If there was one thing and only one thing that she was absolutely certain of in all the world it was that she was loved by Kristian Jonathan Connor.
So seeing him hiding watching the Oriana like so many others, particularly the men, it didn't really bother her.
There was a history between Ori and Kris, everyone knew of it, knew the stories and the tales hell Orry was witness to it all herself when she drank from Kris in a Blood Sharing and all his memories, his entire life had been made known to her.
That was when she knew he loved her, Oriana Mara Shadow, that everything he did was for her and it wasn't because she looked like Oriana Shadowbain Dragonhand or Kristians' first wife Natale. He loved her for her and he had for a long time, it was a secret he kept for decades and only revealed when he was faced with the threat of being cut from her life entirely.
What woman in her right mind wouldn't at least give a man who was capable of love like that the shot he asked for?
So Orry took a risk, it was a gamble for sure, and she gave Kiara Jades brother his shot...
And when all their cards were laid out on the table, it turned out that she was the lucky one, she won the jackpot when she finally let her guard down and dropped her poker face.
Darlin' you keep up like that and you're going to do one of two things. You're either going to make me think you've got a thing for older black mages or you're going to get on Aranors bad side and then I might have to kill him for getting out of pocket with you. You know, it still floors me how he lied to Payten all those years, but he does seem different... I don't know... happier? I know there's no point in going on about it though, and I can understand why you'd be a little on edge with her being with Aranor...
Orry looked in Aranor and Orianas direction and she bumped Kristian with her hip. She gave him a sideways glance that was more like one of her cocky looks.
I'll give you credit for something Connor... you do have a good eye when it comes to spotting a pretty face...
She caught sight of two dark red heads strolling along and she jerked her head in their direction. Myra and Alexander were out and about, before she might not have noticed for no other reason than when the twins were first born they had jet black hair like her but the more they grew, the more their hair started change to red, right now her son and daughter had dark red hair rather than the flaming hair their father had, and she wondered if that too would change. She shook off the unimportant thought. There was something else that she and her husband needed to speak about.
Speaking of pretty faces, your son seems to have his fathers talent for seeking out pretty things. You talk to him about Reagan Ryder yet? Myra is about fed up with him, she let me know her brother is working her last nerve. Seems their link is stronger than most twins and she's about ready to see if there's anyway it can be broken. My is a little tired of Alexanders thoughts seeping into hers. I don't even know if that kind of link can be broken but I told My to just hang in there. We all know girls mature faster than boys mentally and emotionally anyway, so while she's thinking like a woman like her mama...
Orry grinned.
Steel is thinking like a typical guy, just like his father. For some reason she thought that was funny. I don't think she thought I was being serious and I really didn't want to tell my daughter how her father thinks more like a horny can't get enough teenager than he does a grown man... can't traumatize the kiddos yanno.
Oriana Mara Connor
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Have ye forgotten one thing about me bringing our bitties into this world darlin'?
The elf simply put her hand over her heart then slipped that same hand into his. She watched with him, watched Oriana and Aranor walking away, towards the gates which meant they were probably going to end up in town, and gods be damned if she was going to be tromping all over Pallia when Ori was perfectly capable of handling whatever came up, and having Aranor with her only made them both that much more safe.
Might be some do want his head still, but we all know no one would make a move against him with that woman right there, no one is stupid enough to take the risk that she could get hurt. Those names of hers truly have echoed through eternity... and so has she hasn't she? Lay those fears to rest darlin', that black robed bitch d'nay be going anywhere anytime soon at all.
Laying those fears to rest was definitely easier said than done, she knew that because it was hard for her not worry but she was not going to spend her time fretting and putting undo stress on herself over Oriana, because Oriana would strangle the elf herself if she knew just how worried the elf really was. It was time to just let it all go, and leave it at that.
Now about our elfling. Darlin' we have all lived in this world long enough for all of us to have grown, and to realize that our roles have changed, the entire dynamic has changed.
Think on this Condrik Shadow...
Did ye ever think ye'd live to see the day when Bennett would be King? Aidan Master?
No one ever believed that Kiara and Losa would ever step down let alone leave Pallia... but they did.
No one would have ever believed that Aranor and Payten would ever come to an end... but they did... and no one would have ever really thought we'd have a violet eyed witch walking in our world again... but she's here...

She stopped walking with him, and stood in front of him sliding her arms around his neck. Sapphire eyes met with eyes of the Sea and she brushed away golden locks of hair that fell across his forehead.
And NO one would have ever believed I would be here, right here in this moment with you never mind the centuries we have lived through together... so why is it so hard for you to see that Cori and Aidan... darlin' they are happy, they love each other, they always have... time and circumstance may have changed that love to what it is now... but from the moment she arrived in Pallia... she was Aidans' and Aidan was hers. You may not see it now... but maybe you are still to blinded by what has happened in the past... try and see him as he is now love, and see the joy in her eyes when she see him.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Alex Steel Connor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Myra just because I think about her does not mean you need to know my every thought. I still cannot believe you had told her that in front of Jackson before. Not that it matters because Jackson is clearly not interested in her. He has not been around her in about a week or so. I am going to go and find her and talk to her. Maybe I can actually get something other than just a thought of it. I wonder if you will be able to see the replays if anything does happen.

I had been walking with her and had seen my parents. I did go to them first and I kissed my Mother's cheek.

Well I am off, oh that program I was working on is on the cd that is laying on your laptop in the tech room. The coding was a bit more intricate than I thought. Though you know how that goes. So I am thinking I am going to go and try to convince a certain lady to have dinner with me. You know all work and no play makes me dull. So now time to go play.

I took off where I had seen Reagan by earlier. It was not so hard to find her anyways you know we are trackers and the such. So there I was standing at the door, I did have something that few knew about. I do not even know if Myra knew. It was okay though we knew a lot about each other but there was something I did not willingly share with her. Well so there I was at the step of the house of the Ryders, and I knocked. I would wait for her to come and well you know there are certain things that happen around her that I cannot help.

I was heading for the inn and was thinking that you might like to join me. Myr has been grating on my nerves and I was looking for actual company. Well could be the Inn or Hawk's nest anywhere but back around my sister.

I was hopeful that she would join me though I had the feeling the answer was going to be no as had been other times I had asked her. What had Dad told me in his talk though was if you want something bad enough you do not give up on it. Like he did not give up in proving to my Mother that she was the woman that he wanted to be with. So now it would seem I was waiting to see if my invitation was accepted or turned down. Yes there were other women around but none were like her, there was just something about her that would get me going.
Alex Steel Connor
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:24 pm

When she heard the knock on the door Reagan almost dropped the pan with the chicken fried steak she was making in it, she was just about to put it in the oven when the knock startled her and then she felt her heart race just a touch thinking maybe it was Jackson Shadow. Hurriedly she put the pan in the oven then went through to the front door. When she opened the door she forced the smile that had been on her face to stay there. It wasn't that she had anything against the boy standing on her steps, it was just, well Alexander Connor was just a boy, and why he was calling on her, well she was sure she knew why and she was trying her best to keep her distance from him because he was at that age caught somewhere between a boy and man and she didn't want to make the transition hard or awkward for him. So Reagan smiled, said hello, and listened to what he had to say.
She chuckled a little hearing him talk about his sister, and went to make a comment when he asked her to dinner. Well she thought to herself at least she could turn him down and not have to lie, the smells of what she was cooking were already filling the house.
Oh! I'm sorry Alexander... I've already starting making dinner.
The look on his face made her feel a little guilty, this wasn't the first time he tried to get to go anywhere with him and because she thought it was wrong to go anywhere with him even as friends because she didn't want him thinking there was more to follow or that they were ever going to go any further than just being friends. Absentmindedly her bottom lip found its way between her teeth and she stood there thinking for a minute.
What would one dinner hurt? Nothing and maybe she might be able to get through to him that there were plenty of women in the world, plenty of girls his own age in the world he should be pursuing rather than chasing after her, regardless of how subtle that chasing was.
Here's a thought though. I always tend to over cook, I don't know why it's just something I do, it's probably a Ryder thing. Anyway, it's a nice enough night out, why don't you join me for dinner and we can eat out here on the patio?
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Kristian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:06 pm

So my son is irritating his sister with his thoughts. Well there is not much that we can really do about their connection, it might be able to be broken though I am not sure. We would have to ask someone about that one. Though I did talk to him Orry but what am I to tell him. He has an interest in her, I am sure that it will change eventually. Plus look at how many people tried to keep me from pursuing you. From My father all the way to yours to my sister. I know what it is like to have people keep telling you not to go after what you want. Though I did talk to him about not trapping her again.

I smiled looking at her you all know that there had been doubts in a lot of people's minds about why I had wanted to be with Orry. Yes I was watching over Ori the mage but you do not go through what we had all been through and not watch out for one another. I smiled at my wife.

You know you have nothing to worry about. I am concerned for her but it comes from everything we have been through in the past. The black robed mage has nothing on my wife. I do not think that Aranor is going to killme either. Of course I got a good a good eye I am with you aren't I.

I laughed about what she said about Alex with his father's talent. Also about his mind and Myra's mind with things. I laughed.

Well you cannot blame us now can you? Let's not make the kiddos traumatized I agree. Well I cannot help that my wife brings out that side of me.

There they came and we were watching them I listened to what he said.

I will take a look at that Steel, just remember what we talked about too.
Kristian
Stablehand

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sun May 01, 2011 7:04 am

wrong dang shadow lol
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 am

Yes, I remember that and I remember I was afraid of losing you.

I was holding her hand and looked over to her. Does she really think that I could forget anything like that. Does she think I can forget the time that I found out she was pregnant, how that worried me about her heart. I smiled at her and leaned in and kissed her. I had my arm around her and I grinned.

Yes I know some do want his head still, and I know that no one would move against Oriana. I do not believe anyone is stupid enough to do that. Yes her name and stories have echoed through eternity, and so has she. With her being in Aranor like that. I know in some ways I know she is not going anywhere but there is still that worry that someone is going to try and hurt them

I was listening to her, that is something I make sure of is I listen to what she says, and try to understand it. I was thinking over what she was saying and standing there holding her hand and rubbing the top of her hand with my thumb. I took her hand to my mouth and kissed her hand.

Well Bennett being King and Aidan being Master yes up until certain things happened. Then I was still sure we would see Benny as King. Aidan as Master I was not so sure about. No one did think Oriana would be back that is for damn sure, hell with as long as she was in Aranor it is quite amazing. As far as Kiara and Losa actually taking a vacation no I did not think my brother would ever convince her to do such a thing. Aranor and Payten, no I did not think they would come to an end but hearts change we all know this. Hell look at all that we have been through.

My arms went around her waist and I was smiling at her.

Some would still rather you not be here with me in this moment or any other moment. I do see him as he is now, and how he has been. None of us know for sure of anything. I know she loves him but I do not see the same in his eyes. Time will only tell with all things. You know I did see in Aranor that he did not seem so happy, he is now though you can tell. From what I can see Oriana and Aranor are happy. SO now what do you want to do there are many options.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Raynalia » Sun May 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there and doesn't mean that Cori can't see it. That girl knows the boy better than anyone darlin' and honestly, I'm thinkin' it's time we leave them two alone. Everybody always gotta be up in everyone elses business 'n I gotta tell ya I think iffin' everyone just left everyone else be, half the shit we deal with wouldn't even be an issue.
She wasn't lighting into him, far from it. This was just a normal conversation where she just expressed her opinion and moved on to the next thing. He was used to it by now and if he wasn't well then that was on him now wasn't it? When he said what he did about there being some that still walked in the world that didn't want her with him she gave him a look of mock surprise and a blonde brow shot up.
An' just who in the hell be flappin' jaws sayin' ye d'nay need ta be with me hmm? Swear ta the gods I thought I killed alla them kind... but iffin' I missed any guess Imma hafta just go hunt'em down an' put'em down for good.
The threat of "hunting" was an empty one, she knew it... to a point... and he knew it because as she was so often reminded by her darling husband... they were retired. They. She snorted a little when she thought about how they had been retired, but once the Saint was turned into a Saint of the night, it was okay for him to do whatever he felt he needed to but could she? Oh nooo. Of course not. And why not? Because she was getting older there was no way around that and her heart as good as it had been, did have it's "issues" and damn near everyone had been able to give their input, which left her pretty much banned from doing anything other than helping to plan when needed and giving advice as part of the Council. At least no one took that away from her.
She shook her head to force the thoughts of how much she slowed down in life away.
She loved her life with it's ups and downs, the good and the bad, and there really had been so much more good than bad.
Wanna know what I want to do? I think I'd like to spend a few days at the Inn once Jade and Losa get back and we spend a bit of time with them. How bout it darlin'? Pretend we're on a vacation from our vacation?

I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Oriana Mara Connor » Sun May 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Play? Play! You're going to go PLAY?!...
Orry tried to say more but Alexander was gone just as quickly as he had shown up which left her only Kristian to rant to.
Did you hear that? Did you?! Kristian for Gods sake he cannot go PLAY with Reagan Ryder. First... that girl has been through enough. Second... when the hell did he start actually thinking like you Third... what about Jackson? Okay so I know he's really mourning hard and that losing Sarabella shattered him, but have you ever seen him when Reagan is around? He might have some sort of interest in her Connor and Fourth... Reagan might be young to us but hell Connor she's too old for that boy! And you think it's okay? You and I were different and don't you dare bring age into it with me either, I know exactly how old you really are and exactly how old I really am but we are Darkworlders... she is not and I was mortal when you first knew me!
Everything in her told her to go after her son but she was getting that look from her sons father that warned her not to move even an inch in Alexanders direction. A scowl crossed her face and her lips turned pouty.
He's just a baby in a mans body Kristian. I know we've done our job as the twins parents to instill morals and values in them that will help them through the rest of their lives... but he's still...
Orry let out a sigh and a sniffle. She knew what was really bothering her. Her son and her daughter, being what they were... born vampires, not turned... grew up way too fast, years that they would have had with Alexander and Myra had they been mortal, would never happen.
... my baby. How in the hell am I supposed let either of my babys go already? We barely had time to call them our own... and now look at them both... grown Kristian.
Oriana Mara Connor
Stablehand

Postby Alex Steel Connor » Sun May 01, 2011 11:59 pm

I know I had to get the hell away from my parents before anyone tried to stop me from going to see her. I know that I had to get out of there because I know my Mother and Sister. So there it was she invited me to dinner that was not a bad thing was it? Well I had not brought anything with me. Yeah I got the eating regular food even though I did not have to. I was watching her and she did seem to know her way around a kitchen.

I had not seen you around so I figured I would come find you. Not good to stay holed up there are so many celebrations going on you know. I was hoping you would come out to some of them. I know I am not the person you want to be going to the things with but it beats going alone, at least I would think so.

I was not sure what to say to her but there it was I was at least getting to have dinner with her. I would have brought something with me if I had known I was going to have dinner with her. I had made it clear before that I was pursuing her. I know she knew I was too, so there I was looking around to see what I could do.

You probably got used to cooking more and that is not a bad thing. Especially with the way some people can eat. Yes it is a nice enough night out and I would like that. If I had known you were making dinner I could of brought something. I can run and go get something that will go along with what you are cooking.

I was thinking I could at least make it a little interesting and all. Since she was cooking I could at least run and get her something then again she might change her mind too.
Alex Steel Connor
Stablehand

Postby Nala Shadow » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Papa...
This is where Nala stopped walking, they were just outside the Fools Rush where she was going to have a nice dinner with her Papa, they needed some Papa, Nala time. The goofiness that surrounded her almost always was put to rest and the serious side of her came out. Now some might think it was really weird that a daughter would want to see their father moving on, but those some did not understand that Nala was in her own way, taking care of her father, protecting him and looking out for him because he really wasn't able to do it himself. Oh yes her Papa woke up everyday, and went through the motions of "living", but he wasn't really living, and every smile, which didn't happen often, each laugh, all seemed forced. Except for when Nala saw her father with Reagan. Reagan was a sweetheart, she was as batty and wild as her cousin Cyranda Jane, but she was still so different, and Nala really thought she was just what her Papa needed, even if Papa and Reagan were nothing more than friends that was enough. She just didn't want to see her father lose out on something that could be good for him, because of memories.
Maybe you need to go talk to her and at least explain to her why you've been avoiding her. Papa, honestly, I know you probably think I'm butting in too much and trying to make you do something you don't want to... I'm not honest. I just see how Reagan makes you smile and I've heard you laugh more since you've become friends with her than I've heard you laugh in months. She's good for you Papa, as a friend, don't you think it's only right that you at least let her know why you've been ignoring her before you mess up and push her away completely?
Nala Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 am

I didn't plan on being a part of everything that's going on, just doesn't feel all that right to me to be running around having a grand old time knowing it's my fault my cousins husband was thrown in the slammer yanno?
Reagan was trying to keep the conversation light, but when the boy mentioned her going and showing her face at a time where everyone, well almost everyone, were so happy and she was still wrestling with the guilt she felt, it just didn't sit well with her.
And before you say it, I've heard it all a thousand times, from Payten, from Nala, from Jackson, from Ash and Stone to Jillian and the younger Stryder that what happened wasn't my fault and I shouldn't feel guilty but that doesn't change the fact that I do. Nothing anyone can do about it except let me deal with it my way.
They were now in the kitchen and she had him at the table, there really wasn't too much left to do, all she really needed to do was make the mashed potatoes, toss the salad, and cook up some green beans but that all had to wait for at least another thirty minutes. So what do I do now? she asked herself and she blurted out the first thing that popped into her head.
Gonna be another half hour or so before everythings done, don't really need anything, yanno there's the Xbox and the computer in the den if you want to go check'em out, sitting around here waiting is probably a little boring for you.
At first she didn't realize what she said, or how it might have sounded but the look on his face got her up to speed pretty quick. He thought that she thought he was nothing more than a boy with his first crush... well wasn't that what he was? Again her bottom lip went between her teeth and she looked around the kitchen, her eyes settling on the back door.
Or... we could go in the back yard... I don't know if you've ever been here before or not, you know my Uncle Orion was your Aunt Kiaras Godfather and this house has been in the Ryder family for years... anyway... the backyard has a sitting area, a gazebo, a pool... it's pretty friggin huge back there but anyway, we can go sit out there until I have to finish up the rest of dinner if you want to go sit out there anyway.
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Shade Shadow » Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 am

I was getting to spend my time with my two favorite people in the world. My wife and my son, I was smiling at her as I held him.

I am glad you went to speak for Daman at the hearing, I think that was a good thing. I know there is a lot there that cannot be changed, but we saw it ourselves too. That little girl means the world to him, and we both know he has worked hard. I cannot forget that night but
after all our family has been through we have seen people can change. I think it shocked the hell out of her attorney when they found out you were going to testify.

The past is not something that would be forgotten but the truth of the matter was that Daman was the better parent for that little girl. We saw how Heather acted and everything, she wanted to use their child to punish Daman for not staying with her. Sometimes it takes more courage to walk away from a situation then to stay in it. I smiled and I knew I could not be happier.

I know we had a long road here but you know with all that we have been through I know we will come out stronger from things. I know the histories are written but the future, that leaves me thinking about all the things that will be. With knowing even with lifetimes behind us there is so much a head of us too.

I knew that my Grandparents would be on the way back for the celebration. I also know that they were going to be looking to snatch up our child because that is the one way to get one of them to melt too. You have read the stories of how they can be, well hand them one of their grandbabies or great grands and see what happens. Though you all have read that by now I am sure too, you ever want to tell them something hand them a baby first then tell them. Actually things have been pretty good here, with my Father gone with Cori I did not have to deal with that. I also know when he gets back he will want to see my boy. Life has its interesting turns.
Shade Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Alex Steel Connor » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 am

I know others have told you the same thing but it is not your fault that he was locked up. Any one of the men around here would have done the same. It is the way the men are, what you went through was not right. What Stryder went through was not right because the circumstances justified what happened. In the same right no one can tell you that you should or should not feel guilty about something. You know that Pix and Stryder don't blame you. Any man that puts his hands on a woman like that belongs six feet under. Things were not right at that trial and we all know it. Something more was going on and Zane proved that with what he said and did. You are right no one can do anything about your guilt except let it deal with it in your own way. I just do not see what good being locked up in a house is going to do you. Living your life should be about just that. Just like some feel guilty about what happened before and who did or did not make it, none of those lost to us would want others to feel guilty but they do.

I heard her say about the xbox and it kind of made me shrug a little. I did not mind waiting around, and being around computers all day working on that program well made me not want to touch when when I was home. I smiled though and watched her.

I would rather hang around with you. I am around computers all day long when not in my other training and duties. I know some see me just as a boy in a man's body but it is more than that. Plus only way I will play xbox is if you play with me.

I listened to her about the back yard and that was going to be the better choice it sounded like. I did like watching her and listening to her.

The part about your Uncle Orion I did know about and did not really come here much. Well maybe you should show me this pretty friggin huge back yard. I would like to go sit out there with you. I can help with finishing up dinner too there are certain things I have learned cooking wise.
Alex Steel Connor
Stablehand

Postby Kaitlyn » Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 am

Seeing Shade with their son always made Kaitlyn smile, even when she was in the worst of moods nothing could make her cheer up faster than see the man she had loved practically the whole of her life with the child they had created. A child that Kate thought would never come to be, because at one point it seemed that the life she and Shade had now would never come to be, and she wasn't going to bring a child into the world where there wasn't stability and a true family. Her son was not going to have to go through what Damans daughter Sabine had to go through, and that was part of the reason why Kaitlyn did speak for Daman. Despite their history, and it was a dark history, Kate knew for sure that Sabine belonged with Daman, no matter what her opinions were of him when it came to other personal matters, she saw with her own eyes that Daman was a good father, and she saw how the lunatic he had once been, did in fact change into the man he was today.
Oh I'm sure I caused a few hearts to stop for a few seconds here and there when my face popped up on the screen in the courtroom, and that cows lawyer did try and object but what could he do really? It wasn't like they didn't know I was going to be speaking. I think Heathers witless wonder of a lawyer thought I wasn't going go through with it because of my history with Daman and because somehow they caught wind that Melinda and I have had it out a few times...
Kaitlyn grinned a twisted little grin and her eyes were shining.
You best believe jaws did drop in that room though when I said I might have any use for Daman or Melinda but that I knew for damn sure they were excellent parents and they were best for Sabine... I think I floored them even more when I told the court that despite my dislike, I'd trust them both with the lives of my husband and my son... and they were a little surprised to hear how we had Daman, Melinda and Sabine living with us during the Time of the Dark Mage. What nearly killed them though was when they learned that Bean calls me Aunt and you Uncle, and Heathers lawyer thought he was going to get cute and asked for the bitty to be brought in! Can you imagine? A room full of strangers and that son of bitch called for her?! I was horrified but she came into that room a ray of sunshine, smiling and waving like she was a beauty queen in a parade. It was cute as all get out when she saw me on the screen and went running to it all excited telling her Papa and her Mama that Auntie Katydid was on TV again and she almost fell over when I said hello to her, then she went right into pouting wanting to know where Uncle Shade and her baby were at. Would you believe we were asked who Beans baby was? She answered before any of us could and let everyone know flat out that Evan was her baby, and she went right into telling everyone there how Papa and Mama bring her to see her cousin and how we let her play with her baby and help take care of him. She is something else Shade and for all of Damans faults, he has proven he is a changed man, a good man, and I am genuinely happy that he has his wife and his daughter, he deserves his happiness after all that happened and I cannot say not one bit that I am not partially to blame for what happened between us before. But none of that matters now. We're here with our son, Kiara and Losa will be home soon, your father will be home soon and Shade... I expect you to squash this mess with him understand? If we can get passed our issues, you can be man enough to work things out with your father. Please don't make me get into it with you about him anymore, our family does not need resentment or grudges being held, not when we have so much to be thankful for, not when we have been so blessed.
Kaitlyn
Stablehand

Postby Myra Connor » Tue May 03, 2011 10:14 am

Myra was going to be sick, for more than one reason. The first reason was because her brother had lost his damn mind and no matter how much she tried talking to him, no matter how much she begged and pleaded with him, he just would not let his thing for Reagan Ryder go. Now My didn't have anything against Reagan, hell she barely knew the woman, but she seemed nice enough, the problem was, Reagan was a full grown, in your face woman, and Alexander... as much as she hated it knowing how accelerated their growth was... he was still just a boy, just like she was still just a girl. They grew fast, and they were the first of their kind born on Shadowlands... twin pure bloods, meaning they were born vampires and not turned. They both were wise beyond their actual years in the world, but they both still had so much to learn, so many lifes lessons that all the wisdom in the world could not teach them because what they needed to learn had to be learned through experience and she really was not looking forward to this phase in either of their lives.
The second reason she was going to throw up was going to be staring her in the face soon enough. Why on Gods green earth Hunter had gotten the idea in his head to re-open the blacksmith shop was beyond her, whats more she could not wrap her head around why in the hell he was sending her to get this Equinox Lockheart that she was told was nothing like the Equinox that once lived on their lands. Was Hunter trying to feed her to the wolves so to speak or was he just trying to get himself killed? Her father was going to flip when he found out she was being sent to get the man, and whats more he would probably string someone up if her mother didn't shoot someone first for even suggesting that maybe My, with her talents for working with metals and this Equinox Lockhearts' artistic talents could run the shop together.
No point in crying and pouting about it Myra... just tell the man he's wanted at the Hall and be done with the whole thing... no one said you have to work with him or anything else...
Myra scolded herself at the same time she knocked on the door and waited for this Quinn Lockheart to answer.....
Myra Connor
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time