Time of the Resurrection:Shadows of the Past

Re: Time of the Resurrection:Shadows of the Past

Postby Balin Shadow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:00 pm

And you want one of those?
Balin was watching from the windows of the Hall, and what she saw had her nearly running from the room, until Jerrick came up behind her putting his arms around her waist and his chin on her shoulder telling her to settle down. The sight of Hanna running across the training yard with Myra nearly fully grown running behind her had made Balins' heart jump into her throat.
Payten will kill me if anything happens to that little girl, and I'd never forgive myself either...
She had to admit she was impressed with the little girls speed and her agility, more than once Hanna had weaved and ducked taking herself from harms way but that did very little to calm her nerves.
Why Payten thought it would be good for Hanna to start training now, I'll never know... all I do know is I don't think I'd make a very good mother...
There was a sadness in her tone, when she thought about having a family with Jerrick, all she could think about was the curse, that was supposedly broken, brought to an end by Oriana Dragonhand and her Uncle Aranor. Was it truly gone or was there really something in her bloodline that was laying hidden waiting to reveal itself. And how could she, one who had brought so much hurt to others ever even think of having children? But didn't her demon deserve to have the family he talked about? He did, and that hurt her even more knowing she might never be able to give him that family because of her fears.
Still...
She forced herself to sound hopeful.
She does make me think that maybe one day we'll have a little one of our own. A little boy I think... just like his father... I could see that, and be very proud too. Anyway, tell me my demon, what's on your agenda for today?
Balin Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Bryce Bowers » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Because right now it is better for him to be induced in the coma. It will help him heal faster, Errol is talking about trying to take him out of it later. Right now little sister you need some sleep. When Drake wakes up you know he is going to tear the hell out of you if you look like hell. I mean there would be no harm if you went on the other side of him where the chords are not. I am sure Errol would understand too.

I smiled at her and I kissed my sister's cheek. I was watching her and I smiled slightly at her. I moved my hand to hers and looked at her. I sat next to her and put an arm around her.

Come on sis listen to me. Raya will be here soon and she can sit and watch over Drake for a bit. You know it is getting to the point where they are getting ready to give you something to sleep if you do not rest some.

I was glad to hear that Gracie was coming in the next day too that would help some too. I looked and grinned a bit.

Well it is good that she has stopped tossing fireballs. That kid is going to be watched because look at the lineage she comes from. She will be one of the most watched children growing up if you think about it. I know Lelani understands and I have actually planned something knowing that they are coming in tomorrow and Raya will be here tonight. So I have a special plan for Lelani and I tonight. I know we never know how much time we have left. I do love her you know, and I know that she loves me. It really is amazing and she has settled down some as well which is good.
Sometimes we bring things about that we do not like the results of,
but if forewarned about it who's fault is it?
Bryce Bowers
Stablehand

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 pm

I can't help it seems there is something that can slow you down isn't there now.
I was shaking my head and laughing some about what I was seeing. Reagan was upside down in the tree and I was not able to do anything but laugh at the moment. It was amazing to see how the twins were acting, and how all the children had grown. Even with them being what they were. Hannah was pointing out to me all that was going on. I knew I was going to have to talk to someone too.

Well it is not a pleasant drop from there. Hannah if you will go up and cut the rope I can catch Reagan. Would be a bit dangerous to try it from down here. Of course he could have got her down. We are not liars Hannah and we will not lie to the Princess. Yes I heard your Daddy was going home. I think that she will probably want to get him settled in first before a party.

It seemed every time I turned around that she was there in one way or another. Now I was going to have to catch her once she was cut loose. Steel and I were probably heading for a talk if not me and Steel someone and Steel were going to. These games had to end.
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Payten » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm

You are such a brute Payne!
I hissed at my brother and managed to push him out of the way. Payne and Rena wouldn't take no for an answer when Nathean was finally released from Pallia General, he was facing months of physical therapy and even some surgeries that I admit I was not looking forward to, only because so much could go wrong, but for the time being, my marine was home. Home where he wanted to be. Home where he belonged. And my big brothers idea of helping was to hoist my Nate up from his wheelchair and just toss him on the bed. I just about had a fit and Rena smacked Payne in the back of the head glaring at him, but in her eyes I saw her smile, saw her laugh. Payne and Rena were treating Nathean the way they normally would have, and Payne was always looking for a reason to put Nate down on his ass, because as Payne put it he was my big brother and that was his job. I shot Payne a look then went about getting Nate settled the right way into his bed, our bed, right where he wanted to be.
Ignore Payne you know what a jackass he can be...
I stuck my tongue out at my brother so he would know I wasn't truly mad at him.
We're going to have to get used to him I guess, it seems that Rena has decided she wants to stay in Pallia for a few weeks... I guess she thinks the jacuzzi I had put in out back is better than the one that's in her cushy little palace. I tried telling her they don't need to stay...
Rena interjected with a snort.
No we don't need to stay but I want to stay and Payne always makes sure I get what I want... don't you Payne? Besides it's been a while since we've been in Pallia and I know I could use a damn break from being Princess for a little while... nothing wrong with wanting to visit the sis in law and her marine is there?
I shook my head smiling softly.
Of course not, and I am sure that Hanna will love having Uncle Payne to fight with...
I leaned over kissing Nathean.
Guess we're having company then, you all right with that honey?
Payten
Stablehand

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Reagan thought her head really was going to explode but then Hanna did exactly what Jackson had told her to and the little girl shimmied up the tree, took out what looked like a little knife of elven design and cut the rope that Reagan was swinging from. As soon as she dropped she was caught up in strong arms and she let out a huge breath then closed her eyes tight because everything was spinning. With her eyes closed she listened to the mini chaos that broke out... started by little Hanna Connor herself.
Now why in the nine hells didn't you just get her down Steel? Really is that anyway to treat a lady and hasn't Re been through enough already? I swear if SJ was here he'd kick your...
Myra interjected, Reagan assumed she had put her hand over Hannas' mouth, because the little girl stopped chattering away.
Hanna... there was a reason Alexander didn't get her down...
Reagans eyes snapped opened then and she was looking at Orry and Kristians daughter.
What in the world would posses anyone to let someone hang there like that?
What came out of Myras' mouth almost made Reagan jump ten feet in the air, but Jackson was holding her firm enough that she couldn't move and she swore she felt his hold tighten a little.
You're what Steel has been trying to catch for weeks... you didn't know? Well now you do...
Reagan without realizing it inched as close to Jackson as she could get. Reagan and Jackson had become friends since the day in Cyrandas kitchen and he was one of the few men she could say she absolutely trusted, he even started joining her on her morning runs and her evening walks, so maybe it was natural for her to inch closer to him.
She was left completely dumbfounded at how Myra had taken Hanna by the hand and just simply walked away like she hadn't said anything at all, and this made Reagan look at Jackson.
She can't be serious... can she?
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Kristian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Actually I may have something here Ori, and there is one of two ways this can go from here. First is I wonder who is Jimmy's actual parents because it is not the ones he had been raised by. This is going to take some more research but he is adopted. That leads me to wonder if this all does not go deeper than what we were thinking before hand.

I leaned back and up to kiss her. It had been a hell of a time. The kids growing like they did losing the other twins. The things that happened during the time of the dark mage was hard to deal with. The loss of our twins was felt by us, but we had to keep going because of who we are, and what needed to be done.

Our son and daughter are a bit of a handful aren't they. The fact that they can walk during the day is amazing and down right scary also knowing how those two can get with each other. There has to be something that is going to get it out of their system and the growler may just be it. You know how he can handle just about anyone. I know he needs to get his ass home, and right now the best place for Cyranda may be at the bottom of the lake restoring and resting herself until he gets home. I am not sure any of us want to be around for that. On the other computer over there type in the information that I got right here. I need to check several databases to see if I can find records of Jimmy's birth parents. There has to be something some where. I got a feeling we will find out more once we find that. I did a search and came up with his birth certificate it has an asterisk which when I did research on that means that he is adopted. I have been able to track some things down now I have a couple of computer databases that I am hacking into to find out. You know it is just like a case in some ways.

I did not know if anything was going to prove to help but it was something to go on at least. See I did find out the birth record for vital statistics would be the same but without the asterisk. Now it was just a matter of if we could get into the right database or not. This is one time Drake would have come in handy again.

I am going to see Drake later on and see if there are any changes for him.
Kristian
Stablehand

Postby Oriana Mara Connor » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:51 pm

The way he said her name made every fiber of her being tingle and not in the good way. The way he said her name was more like he was talking to Ori Dragonhand rather than to her, Orry Connor, and she didn't even think he knew it. She pushed it away, all of it. Every thought and doubt that had tried to weave their way into her thoughts since Ori had come back...
Still she couldn't forget how Kristian had looked, how he had acted so off those first few days after they all found out the mage was back. Back. Orry smirked. Of course she would be back, wouldn't she? How could the world keep on going without it's precious black robe. She pushed the anger she felt away too, it wasn't Oriana Dragonhands fault that she was pulled from death and thrown back into the world. Not giving anything away, Orry... not Ori... listened to what her husband was saying. That's right she reminded herself. Connor is yours and he didn't bust his ass, didn't show you everything and let you see the sides of him that no one has ever seen before just for him to turn to the mage now that she's here. Her focus shifted from Oriana to what Kristian was telling her, but she still couldn't get herself to relax, every muscle was tense.
Just how damn deep could this actually go short of that bastard being some sort of secret royal heir or some damn thing? I mean do you think that he's being protected? It would explain a lot but whoever is protecting him wouldn't they have enough sense to know it would just be better... safer... to just give up... to let SJ go? You and I both know what's going to happen with all of this Connor. Aidan will not stand for this and once the truth is found out, there will be blood spilled.
She asked the questions while she entered what he needed her to into the other computer and she sat back waiting for the machine to do its work.
Alex and My are more than just a handful Kristian. If they don't get themselves under control soon, Aidan is going to step in and if that happens... it's not going to be pretty and sure as hell won't be easy for them. Since Krys left... well we all know he's changed in his approach when it comes to people, maybe he finally learned what she had been trying to teach him after all this time... he acts more and more like his mother and sister everyday when it comes to the Order and you know how your sisters patience for foolishness is almost zero. Anyway, you want some company when you go to see Drake?
Oriana Mara Connor
Stablehand

Postby Jerrick » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes I want one of those with you, maybe two or maybe more whatever the gods decide for us is what we will have.

I was smiling with my arms around her and I was kissing her. We had not had a lot of alone time since Balin had been volunteering to help with Hanna. I would help out too. It was not easy chasing after any of the children. At least I could be out in the sun unlike some people.

Nothing is going to happen to those two look Jackson is out there too. You have been doing a lot to help with Hanna. You cannot keep her locked away in here she needs to be out there playing and all while they can. Payten did not expect us to keep her under lock and key.

I pointed over to where Jackson was with the girls and everything. It did seem that Jackson was slowly starting to live again. Sarabella was everything to Jackson and it was taking time for him to even go back to regular duties never mind anything else. I smiled watching them from up there.

If you are that worried about them I can go down and make sure everything is okay. As far as what is on my agenda for today I was thinking about seeing if my wife had any plans later because I was thinking about a date night out for us. Just the two of us, I know Payten is going to want Hanna around after Nate gets settled.

I was thinking about what she had said and I was learning to kiss her some more and I had to smile.

I think you are going to make an incredible Mother. A boy would be good with me so would a girl, or one of each, or more than one. Heck I do not care what we have for children as long as we have healthy babies.
Jerrick
Stablehand

Postby Kristian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 pm

I had set up my computer on the database I wanted it running into and I went to her. My arms went around her and I kissed her. The information was entered and we were waiting for the information to come up. I had something else on my mind too, it had been a hard time since the time of the mage. Orry losing the twins that she was carrying had been hell but at least I had not lost her. So there I was with my arms around her and kissing her while looking at her.

I am sorry Orry I have been tied up so much in trying to find answers. I am thinking that no matter what these searches pull up I was thinking tonight is going to be a night just for us. We will sit and talk to Alex and My then I was thinking of giving my wife a night of attention. Last I looked at the schedules neither of us have duty tonight. I know I have been giving a lot more attention to things and not so much to you. I am sorry Orry.

What was I hoping to find I was not sure just yet but something kept telling me to look into this guy and his roots. When intuition tells you something, when a gut feeling tells you to do something it needs to be done.

I am not sure how damn deep this could go but it could go deep in politics or something. This whole thing stinks Orry and both you and I know it.
Kristian
Stablehand

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:55 am

I was standing next to her and heard what was said. When Reagan inched closer to me, I did not move away. I looked at her and tried to reassure her.

Well it seems like you got a bit of a a fan for your affection. Well at least that is the only way I think that he would be doing this for. He is young Reagan, and of course he is at that age and probably does not know what is going on. He has some things to deal with.

I shook my head it did amaze me how quickly they grew up because it did not seem like there was enough time. So that is probably part of the problem too, they grew up way too quickly.

I think that maybe his father will be the best one to talk to him, but she was right SJ would whoop his ass. I mean being a teenager is confusing enough, and growing up like they have would be even harder. Just got to be a bit more aware of your surroundings it seems.

Smiling at her I walked her to go get something to eat, as we had been planning on which had sent me looking for her. It was not that hard to understand that I did not like anyone not trained roaming the area alone without protection. Protection from all that is out there, not that anyone Elite or Death Stalker would touch her but there were others.

Maybe need to keep a closer eye on things for now at least. I mean who knows his sights may change after a bit just like happens at those ages
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Oriana Mara Connor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 am

What the hell Connor.
Orry scowled at him thinking he must have forgotten who she was, then that scowl vanished because for a few seconds she forgot who he was. This happened all the time, she should be used to it by now, being the center of attention, she did get plenty of practice at it with Shadowheart and for a long, long, time she was the center of Kristian Connors attention even when she didn't know it. They would get so caught up in this business or that business and not have much time for each other, and Kristian would start apologizing and making plans for them to have some real time together. A smile replaced the scowl.
I don't know why you think you always have to apologize for life happening Kris...
She rarely called him Kris, let alone Kristian, more often than not she called him by their last name, it was just a habit of hers, but when they were alone, now and then, when he was feeling guilty for any reason, she would without thinking try to stop that guilt and one of the ways that happened was calling him Kris.
I've been just as busy, with Shadowheart... speaking of which, we're going to be playing at the Hawks Nest for the next four months... every other weekend, and then there's this whole thing with Stryder. Taltos is still on me about taking on more at Pallias PD, his argument is that he still doesn't trust anyone like he does me and the few cases we have worked together seem to be the only ones being solved. I tried telling him Pallia doesn't have half the problems that other kingdoms have as far as crime goes so there aren't that many cases to begin with. Then theres Myra and Alexander.
She sighed thinking about the twins and just how fast they grew. Vampire babies, much like elven babes didn't stay babes for long, and keeping up the twins, helping them through their "spurts" was exhausting.
A night of attention would be nice, but I know you Kris, and you know me... neither one of us will be able to pay attention to, too much of anything...
The notification ping went off informing them both that the search Orry ran was done and when she turned around to read what came up on the screen her jaw dropped and her brain started running.
I think Cori needs to see this. Remember in the court room? She called the judge by his first name... like she knew him... I wonder just how well she knows him...
If what she was seeing was right, Reagans abusive now ex-husband, was the biological son of the same man who had handed down Stryders sentence, and that same judge was the son of one of Coris' closest friends. The judge was the son of Gaius.
Oriana Mara Connor
Stablehand

Postby Tegan Lockheart » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 am

Move. Go on. I want you to.
Tegan Lockheart didn't have a violent bone in her body at least she didn't think she did. That was until Cole didn't show up for their dinner and after a little searching Tegan had found him and when she did, she didn't see red. She saw black. She was going to break every promise she ever made to her mother, to her father, and she prayed that he would understand why his son was being sent to the Afterlife. It was two days before Tegan moved against her brother, she had to take care of Cole and make sure that Quinns' little stunt wasn't going to be the death of him, but when she finally did catch up to her big brother, she was out for blood, and not his blood either.
Tegan had Audrey Marie Ranulf by the throat, pinned to a wall, there were literal flames dancing in her eyes, and a soft glow of orange all around her. The shadow warriors that usually surrounded Audrey were kept at bay by the magics that Tegan was using. When Tegan spoke to her brother she still kept her eyes on Audrey.
The Blue Keys... you sent him to the Blue Keys and left him there. He's not like your vampire whore and can't heal almost on the spot... you almost killed him.
At this point Tegan turned her head with those fiery eyes and stared down her brother.
We promised our parents that we would always look out for each other... but that promise was made before you turned into whatever the hell you are now... or were you always this way and just did a good job of hiding it? It doesn't matter... I won't let anyone hurt you because you are my brother and we are forever connected as twins... but if you ever...ever... pull a stunt like you did with Cole again... your whore will die. Not that it will matter... you'll just find another to replace her...
Tegan looked at Audrey then.
Make no mistake about it... you are replaceable... just ask my brothers last conquest... oh wait you can't because Equinox killed her... I cried for days, I actually liked April... but you... I doubt anyone will shed tears for you.
She let Audrey go and went to her brother kissing his cheek, theirs was definitely not a normal relationship.
Remember what I said brother, and do not test me.
Tegan was gone then, simply vanished and when she reappeared she was smiling to see Cole sitting up in bed, and she was glad to see that he had eaten the lunch she had sent up to him while she was gone.
You're awake and you've eaten. Good. I'm sorry I wasn't here, I had a small errand to run that needed to be dealt with right away. How are you feeling dear one?
Tegan Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Oriana » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 am

I have something I need to do Aranor...
Oriana had been listening to the conversation taking place between Aranor and their daughter, she chose to simply listen and nothing more because this was one instance where she did not need to interfere or try and smooth anything over. The nagging feeling started shortly after Aranor told Iliana that he helped even when he wasn't asked to, and it only grew stronger, this was not a new talent, she had always been able to tell when she was needed, like she was being guided by the Gods themselves, it was the very reason why she would just pop up over the years that served the Great Family, why even in "death" she would make herself known.
Don't worry, I'll be fine. Iliana... you're father and I will not go against your warnings, as hard as it may be not to act, your words do hold meaning and your request will be respected.
The mage took Aranors hand giving it a gentle squeeze.
You stay here and talk with your daughter, I'll be back soon and don't worry... I'll be all right.
With nothing more to say and not waiting for a response the mage left seeking out the one that her instincts were bringing her to.
She found him sitting on the back wall that surrounded the Hall, and an ebony brow raised. She knew it was a Connor she was seeking, but she had no idea it would be this particular Connor. Looking up at half boy, half man sitting on the wall she was almost in awe of how much the boy looked like his father.
And what troubles you so, that I have been led here to you Alexander Steel Connor? I trust it isn't your sister, seeing I saw Myra and little Hanna running across the training yard not too long ago. Your father is all right... as is your mother... so what is it, and it would do you well not to throw attitude at me either young one, as I am only doing what I have always done for all in this family.
My Heart, My Soul Lies Within the Dragonhand.
I'll miss you everyday until I see you again Darth
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Reagan Ryder » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 am

Growing like that isn't easy, but it's not as complicated or confusing as some people might think either...
Reagan understood what it meant to grow up fast, at a certain age water fey were sent to the water where they stayed until they reached the "age" that they would stay for the rest of their lives, but when they came from the water with that age came the wisdom and understanding of what happened to them, their bodies were not the only thing that aged, so did their minds, and she imagined the same could be said for pure blood vampires, which if she was correct, were exactly what Myra and Alexander were considering their parents were both vampires. Still she didn't want to assume too much, after all Dominic was a pure blood... his father was born a vampire, his mother turned so long ago... and he couldn't walk in the sun like the Connor twins could.
Though I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on vampires, I've just done a lot of reading, I'm not insane all the time you know, no matter what Stryder thinks. And I'm sure whatever this thing is that Alexander is dealing with really is just a phase. I remember when I came from the water after my "aging".... man Jackson I ran around ass wild, it's almost scary because I swear back then I made Cyranda Jane look like a saint. But that was then, this is now, and I've settled down plenty enough... I think.
They were walking from Shadowlands to a little cafe in town, one of Reagans favorite places to go because she swore up down and all around they had the absolute best iced cappuccino in the entire world, and they had a killer calzone to go along with it. These walks with Jackson were the best part of her day, it had been a long time since she felt that comfortable around anyone, and the more and more time she spent with him, the more she saw him start to smile, to live a little more and if she could help him remember that life was worth living she was glad for it. Jackson was someone she could see calling friend for the rest of her life.
You are right about one thing I guess, I do need to be more aware, not just of my surroundings either, but I guess about people in general.... never have been very good at that... but I can try harder. Anyway, maybe after lunch we can hit the water? I promise I won't create any huge waves that will try and swallow you or anything, I just haven't been in the water in a couple days, not like I should be, but don't worry I'm okay. I just need a good soak yanno.
Reagan Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Kristian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:57 pm

What the hell is this Orry, I want time with my wife and we have been both running around and not taking any real time out.

I heard what my wife was saying and I know that she was right about some things. I smiled at her and kissed her again.

Is it so bad that I am thinking that I want some time to steal my wife away? I know you mentioned about the Hawk's nest. I think that is a good idea, about taking on more at Pallia's Pd with all that is going on I am not sure that is a good idea. Taltos needs to learn Orry that you are only one person. He is going to have to learn to trust other people, he knows you have other things going on. Myra and Alexander are giving us a good run.

My hand went to hers and I kissed her again. It was not an easy time for any of us. I also knew that it was going to take a toll eventually. I just did not want the toll to be Orry and I. I was starting to feel the strains of everything.

I know we would have trouble but we also know when things need put aside. Right now I am thinking we have not slowed down at all, and when was the last time we had time together that was not to do with going on this and that?

I knew she was right on some levels, but I also knew that well we would need to slow down eventually. Ori being back had shocked me at first, and I know some wondered what I would do. Well nothing was going to change, Ori had been one I had wanted when I was younger, but times had changed. Orry my wife was the only one I could see being with.

Call her and tell her to get over here. She definitely needs to see this, we need to find out more about things. I am also going to make sure this information ends up in other people's hands. He should never have been the judge over this case.
Kristian
Stablehand

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 pm

You think that our parents did not know about everything, especially Dad. You want to talk about going too far, you went too far when you decided to touch Audrey.

I looked at her from where I was. I think that she was starting to lose her mind. It had been a couple of days since the incident. I had sent Cole to the Blue Keys because turn about was fair play. I shook my head watching her.

You set her on fire, you have lost your mind and who you are. I almost killed him and you could have killed Audrey. We also promised not to abuse our powers and you have. I have been this way, or did you not notice the little things sister. If you ever touch Audrey again the next stunt will not be him almost dying. Just because you do not understand a more dominant life style does not mean that it is a bad life style. I am quite happy in it.

My eyes grew cold when listening to my sister. She brought up April, and then I really was ready to kill her.

You know the stuff with April was an accident. Are you forgetting that Audrey is not any ordinary woman either. You started this war with your attack on her. Now I am telling you if you want war with me leave others out of it, because you will not like the outcome either.

I watched as she took off, and I knew where she had left to go to. If I wanted to play some with things I was going to have some fun.
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Audrey Marie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Quinn...
Audrey had been quiet long enough. She had kept to herself the first time that Quinn and his sister had their go around, finding out that Tegan was his twin was a bit of a surprise, and she felt whatever their quarrel was, she did not need to get involved. At least that's how she felt up until Tegan Lockheart had set her on fire. It wasn't bad, but just the fact that she did it without Audrey doing anything to her at all... it made her angry. Not so angry that she acted on it, Quinn had let her know that Tegan was his to deal with, and Audrey did not go against Quinns word. Besides she saw something in his eyes, a gleam, a look that told her it would be best to leave the twins to their conflict. It had been eating away at her, that look, and from what she saw when they interacted with each other... something was definitely different about Equinox and Tegan Lockheart, they were obviously no ordinary brother and sister.
Who is April? And what did Tegan mean you killed her?
Audrey Marie
Stablehand

Postby Jackson Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Hell growing up into a teenager was hard enough for me, then again I was not really one that went chasing after the girls. There were teens that would do anything to get someone's attention when they were interested in them.

I was thinking about what she was saying and I was thinking about the stuff to do with them and what was going on. I knew that Myra and Alexander had grown up too fast. I was a bit concerned because no one had really been through the way they were going through it.

Sj does think you all are insane. I am sure it is a phase but he may not know how to handle it well at all either. I know I have done readings on different things but everyone handles it differently too. It seems that young Alex is attracted to you.

It was not that hard to believe at all because a lot of men did take a look at her when we went out places. I knew we would head for the cafe because that is where she liked to go. I did not mind spending time with her, but I still missed my wife. I still wear my wedding band, I find myself touching it a lot. I know she would want me to live life, but living life and loving life were two different things.

Well just want to make sure you are safe and all. After lunch we can go to the lake if you want. I am also sure that you want to check on Pixie also. I know that you all need to soak a certain amount, so not a problem with me.
Jackson Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Cori Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh lord...
Those two words were the only two words running through Corinthyalas Ethrorrian Shadows mind, and they ran over and over and over again. Well those two words and...
Shade is going to snap...
No. That wasn't all. There was...
Aidan is going to... is going to what? Hell I don't know... but my father... oh my god...
She shook her head, blonde tresses swayed and she looked at herself in the mirror of the bathroom... she was too damn old for this... even if she didn't look it... and just how in the hell was she supposed to tell anyone anything without it causing some sort of a fight or some damn thing? She sighed heavily. At least she wouldn't have to say anything to anyone just yet. Aidan was at Council, she was supposed to be there but she was very convincing in her argument that she had another meeting she needed to be at, which wasn't exactly a lie... but that didn't mean she wasn't going to get that look from Aidan when he found out the truth, and she would tell him the truth once she got him alone. Getting Aidan alone however was going to have to wait because her phone started going off... the ringtone was her favorite Shadowheart song, one her baby sister sang, and she smiled when she picked the phone up off the sink and answered. That smile faded however when Orry told her she was needed in the Tech room. Cori was never asked to go to the Tech room. The Council room, sure seeing she was one of Aidans advisors, just like he had hoped she would be when they were young, the Training yard, absolutely, she was still wicked with a bow... but guns were another of her special little talents... to Cori, marksmanship was marksmanship... but to be called to the Tech room... something was definitely going on.
Telling Orry she'd be right there, she threw away what was left out on the sink, wiped the sink down, and made sure everything looked the way it did, then she made the small trip from the room she and Aidan claimed as theirs down the hallway, down a flight of stairs and took the elevator down to the depths of the Halls Caverns.
Okay, I'm here... what's up?
Cori Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Quinn Lockheart » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 pm

April is the past and is of no concern to anyone.

I was thinking about her after Tegan mentioned her, but even my twin did not know the whole story about April and why she died. I did not mean to kill April but it had happened. I sighed and my arm went around her. I sighed slightly and I had to bite my tongue. I was going to ask her why bother about the past. I stopped myself though and looked at her.

Sorry I just am not used to talking to anyone about it. Tegan does not know the whole story, no one really does. Even after she betrayed me and all that happened that day I would not tarnish her family's name. Not when I am not sure what caused it. She was going to try and kill me and Tegan came after the fact. I made up what happened, because i believe she was not acting as herself or on her own. The gods play strange games.
Quinn Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Shelby Grayson » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Shelby was hunched over the toilet in her room at Black Rose, well the room she now shared with Dominic, as soon as they had gotten back to Pallia he made it absolutely clear that she could go home anytime she wanted... to visit... but until his baby was born... she wasn't going to be living anywhere other than with him. In less than a week Dominic went from being cool, keeping to himself... for the most part, to this doting, vampire who let her know everyday just how important she was to him... how important their baby was to him... of course he did it in a way that only Dominic could, without turning into one of those crazy men that made total fools out of themselves... she loved his ways, and was glad that he didn't change. She felt warm hands on her back, then just one hand was on her back while the other was pulling back her hair, she felt warm breath near her ear telling her it would be over soon, and when it was, Dominic was wiping her face with a cool cloth, handing her water and kissing her forehead. As soon as she was sure it was safe to speak, to move, she got up off the floor, with his help, brushed her teeth then threw her arms around his waist.
So much for hoping I'd skip this part huh? Dominic it's still daylight out, and you're warm... don't tell me Aidan had you playing executioner again? What's going on and don't try changing the subject to me either...I'm fine.
Shelby Grayson
Stablehand

Postby Kristian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 pm

As soon as Orry got off the phone with Cori, I knew that she would be on her way down. I sat there with Orry. My hands were in hers and I was looking at her. She was the only woman that I could see. I smiled at her watching her as we waited for Cori to come down.

Well Cori we need to talk to you about what we just found. The judge you called him by name, and well I need to know just how much you know about him. This is not going to bold well for him once it comes out.

I waited a moment and then I passed her the proof of what I was going to be telling her. I let her look at it and see it for herself. I stood there next to Orry my arm around her. I looked at Cori.

So now you see why we called you, this all shows that he should never have been sitting in on the case at all. Now the question is where do we go from here?

I stood there thinking and I knew I would have to bring it to certain people.

Cori you know that things are going to hit the roof. We are going to have to have this come out, but I also know that you are close with that family. This is why your Uncle was treated so badly.

Yeah I know technically he was not an uncle but you know how certain people get called something other than what they are.

We cannot just look past this at all
Kristian
Stablehand

Postby Cori Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Bloody hell... this is going to kill Gaius...
Cori looked over everything that Kristian handed her, made sure she didn't miss one letter, one word, and when she was done, she handed him back his file and sighed heavy, leaning on the desk in the room.
I've always known Gaius' sons. Both of them. My children used to play with Argon and Ronan when they were small. What I didn't know was that Argon had a son, and I know that Gaius didn't know... if he did know there is no way in hell he would have let Argon give up his rights. Anyone who knows Gaius knows how important family is to him, and everyone here should know him well enough considering just how long he has been a part of my family.
It infuriated Cori to know her dear friend was going to be heartbroken by his sons actions, it was going to hurt him even more to know that his own grandson had nearly killed Reagan Ryder.
Aidan and Bennett need to know about this... so does Astrid... I guess I could be the one to tell them... I should be the one to tell them considering they know Gaius from all the time they spent in Firyon and all the time Gaius would spend here when...
She sighed again.
Well that doesn't matter.
She took the file from Kristian again and smiled a weary smile.
I'll take care of it, and I hear that Alexander has been at it again too... I can talk to him if you think it will help any. Anyway, you two look like you could use a break. Go maul your wife or something Kristian. I've got this under control.
Cori left her sister and her brother in law and went back to her room. She had about another hour left before Council broke, so she decided to lay down knowing Aidan would come looking for her in their room. What she hadn't been planning on was falling asleep and then being woken up by the feeling that she was being watched. And she was being watched. Bright blue eyes were just staring at her. Aidan didn't say a word and she sleepily propped herself up on her elbows.
Aid?
His eyes darted to his hand and in that hand was the box for the test she had taken earlier. A blonde brow arched up and she looked at him almost nonchalantly, though there was nothing nonchalant about what was going on, she was trying to keep calm and teased him.
Resorting to garbage picking? Not very charming behavior for Pallias Prince I'd say... well I guess you now then huh? I was going to tell you after the Council meeting, but I guess I fell asleep. Anyway...
The file she fell asleep reading was in her hand and she stuck out to him.
You might want to see this... and then go get Stryder out of jail if you wouldn't mind... and I do hope you don't mind being a dad again too...
Cori Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 pm

The council was meeting and Cori had said she had something else to take care of. We were talking about things that might be able to help SJ. We knew we had to get more information, and once we were going through things we were going to have to find a way to help him. I was rather frustrated by everything that was going on. You have to understand pieces were not falling together and we had enough people on it that something should have been found out. So after the council talked about other matters as well I went to see my wife. She was asleep so I did not wake her and I headed for the bathroom. When I had gone into the bathroom I had kicked over a trash can by accident. When I had started to pick things up I saw the pregnancy test. Now I had to wonder about what was actually going on with Cori. So I headed back in by the bed and I just looked at her. I was watching her when she woke up.

Well I was not garbage picking I had actually knocked the trash over and was picking it up. So yeah I know that you took a test and all. Why didn't you tell me sooner?

I took the file and I was reading through it and it amazed me the connection that none of us had known. We had known Gaius for years I am sure he did not know. For Gaius would not have let the injustices happen for that was the type of honorable person he was. He did look at family as being important. I knew this was going to bother him greatly.

Looks like a trip to talk to Gaius might be in order. This is not news that we should be giving anyway but in person. We will collect SJ but in the right way. This is going to come out and I just want to make sure it is handled well.

I was not sure how I felt about being a father again, I stood there looking at the test that was in my hand. It took some getting used to even the thought of it.

Well that is a bit of shock. Are you sure this test is accurate? I am not so sure about being a Father again I mean it is exciting news but at the same time the first time around was no picnic. I did not exactly do a good job there.
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Balin Shadow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:59 pm

I know Hanna can't be kept under lock and key...
Balin smiled, hearing Hanna laugh, watching her playing right under the window with Myra. When Hanna and Myra waved up at her and Jerrick, they both waved back, and Balin leaned her back against Jerricks' chest.
I'm the last person on this world who would want to keep anyone under lock and key, you know that. I guess I am being a little overprotective though, it's just she isn't ours and I don't want anything to happen to her.
There was another smile and a soft sigh when her demon kissed the side of her neck, his hold around her tightening, and she thought about what he said as far as children of their own one day... he didn't care how many they had... he didn't care if they were all boys, all girls, one of each, whatever... so long as they were healthy babies... and he had those babies with her.
I'm not going to make you go down there, Myra looks like she's having a pretty good time keeping an eye on her, and Hanna let me know the other night that she's getting bigger she doesn't need Auntie Balin on her aaaall the time...
She saw someone coming across the yard that made her smile again.
Besides, it looks like the Prince of the Unified Realms has come to collect his niece...
Payne was cutting across the grasses heading straight for Hanna, and a knock on the door caught Balins attention. It was one of Abigales staff informing her that the "little miss" was going to be leaving, and that Hanna said she would call later, that she didn't mean to leave without saying goodbye but "it was very very important she got home, because her Daddy was home now". The staff member left, which meant Balin and her demon were alone again.
You know I think a date night would be perfect, but you know you're going to have to clue me in on what you have planned so I know what to wear... and maybe we can talk about those babies we'll be having some more.
Balin Shadow
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time