Time of the Resurrection:Shadows of the Past

Time of the Resurrection:Shadows of the Past

Postby Jerrick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 am

This is being written in my hand, for many reasons the main one being at this time too many are heartbroken and in despair over what has happened. Many of the names that were lost you would not know. What has happened is unthinkable to some. What happened to free Ema from the state she was in, to free her from the darkness, was amazing and also had consequences no one else saw. Aranor did what he had to for his youngest child. It nearly cost him his life, he had taken the darkness into himself, some believe it was because he believe that between he and Oriana that they could combay it and rid it forever. Well there was a problem with that plan. Aranor collapsed after it happened which I was told after the fact. See Balin and I returned with her parents to Pallia. Benny had went as far as to order people to stay where they were for in case they were needed for the situation with Aidan. What he did not know, what no one foresaw was about what happened. I am still in shock but not like most of the family, and not like Pallia as a whole. What happened, happened so quick.

Aranor had come to Pallia after he had awoke from his rest or whatever you want to call it. There was something about him and I cannot even say what it was. I had been in the family for awhile and what I did damn near got me killed too. As I am writing this Balin and I are in hiding along with others. All the good that Aranor was, the good that he had done, was for the time forgotten by most. Right now was a dark time that maybe was only mirrored by the time of the souls. Aranor had come to the Hall of Shadows no one realized anything was wrong at first. He had went to speak to Benny about the dealings in Hallia. None knew what was to come Balin and I happened to walk in on it. We were there to see in the mid morning with the sun at the highest, Aranor took out part of what was protecting Benny from the sun. There as we moved in we heard the words that Aranor used. I heard him speaking some spell that I knew could not be good so I did the one thing that I could think of and that was tackle Aranor. The shade of the room had been replaced, and there I was being thrown around by magic. Balin was blocked from being able to come into the room, all I could see across the room was a pile of ash where Benny had once stood. He had begged Aranor not to do that, but what made Benny stand still at the time was the ones that Aranor threatened. Why Aranor let me live I am not sure but I am told that while I was out more happened. Aranor had taken over control of Pallia, that he was now in control of things. It was the most hostile of take overs. Some of the names you hear mentioned here or there were killed. Remember when Benny said he had something he was working on. That something was making sure that the people that would be key in taking care of things if the worst happened were not that easy to get to. Balin had to watch while I was being tossed around like I was. By the time it was stopped I was not moving that much I do know. How I got to where we were and all I am not sure. The last words I heard spoken were from Aranor to Balin.

Tell your demon when he wakes that if he comes again, he will find the same fate as your Father. Go tell the others Pallia is now mine, I have done enough for this Kingdom that it should be mine anyways. You will tell your Grandparents of your Father's demise, and that nothing but death will come to those that oppose me.

With me being a demon it did help me to heal quicker but even with me being that it took time for me to heal. I had tried to fight passing out because my thought was I needed to protect my wife. Aranor had control of everything from being able to track cell phones right down to being able to control people and things. It was said that he was going to start the resurrections of his own personal team to make sure he stayed in control. How long I was out I was not sure but my first thought and first thing I spoke when I came out of it was her name. The name that has been on my lips and on my mind even when she is right next to me.

Balin

My wife was mourning her Father, Pallia was mourning the loss of her King, the man that from the day he was born had brought a new hope to Pallia. Even to the days before his death he was teased about being the Angel Baby. The thing is as down as Losa was about his son, it had in him a vengance that none had seen really from him in a long time. The family scattered like it did long ago. This is all I can remember and write for now, there will be more to come from others. Some that were family were allowed to stay at the Hall still but they were under constant watch.
Jerrick
Stablehand

Re: Time of the Resurrection:Shadows of the Past

Postby Arianne » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 am

She's not here Ric. Not yet but she will be as soon as she can be.
I can't put into words the hell that has been brought to Pallia, and if I had any sense at all I would have stayed in Paris with Dareios, I would have cut my hair, changed my name and forgot everything and everyone that connected me to Pallia and to being a Shadow. But I like just about every other of my damn bloodline could not just turn my back, no matter how much I wanted to. You've read Jerricks telling, and there is still so much that you do not know, that none of us knows every last little detail about, at least not separately, but collectively... welcome to our nightmare.
Easy...
I don't mind telling you that the fashionista looked like hell, that I felt sick to my stomach, that I had worried for Jerrick for over a month, yes you read it right. As fast as a demon can heal... whatever the hell Aranor did to him, took him damn near a month to wake up from and they were the longest four weeks of my life. I promised Balin before she left that I would keep watch over her demon, the only problem with that is, no one expected her to be gone for as long as she has been. The truth is though, Balin needed to go. As good as she is, as much as she beat her demons so to speak, what happened to Bennett nearly broke her, and then when her mother, Avalyn was killed, or that's what we thought at the time, none of us really knew just how deep Aranors cruelty went. The whole thing sent Balin over the edge and she did break. It was brutal having to watch Aidan and my father keep her from taking on Aranor herself. Balin let her demon out, her true demon and it was as horrifying as the day the Darkness took hold of her and she killed my mother. Hunter and Molly, Aidan and Cori are with her, though no one knows where. Jerrick could not be moved, not until Adam said it was safe and considering Adams own state of mind right now, who knew when he was going to give the all clear.
She's safe Ric, Hunter and Aidan are with her. They are trying to keep her from getting herself killed. You don't this but we all thought Avalyn was killed, turns out after... after Bennett was... she went crazy and went after Aranor... we thought he killed her but from what we were able to get from those still on the inside... that bitch Aranor has been keeping around... talked him into just locking Pallias Queen up like a dog. Kiara is a prisoner at the Hall, and no one knows whats happened to Losa. The entire clan is scattered... some we don't even know if they are still alive. But your Balin is alive, and I know when it is safe, you'll see her Ric. For now, you just need to listen to Adam. Please.
Arianne
Stablehand

Postby Oriana » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:32 am

This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. What you are about to read, does indeed sound like the things nightmares are made from... and for so many, it would have been so much better if it had been only a nightmare. I have come back into this world, brought back in the most cruelest of ways by a power stronger than my own, even together Aranor and I could not fight and win against pure Evil, though we tried, we failed and now that Evil has been unleashed onto the world that I fought and died to keep good, too keep in the light. It has been unleashed through a vessel that I had fought so hard to protect, in a way this was my fault because I thought if I gave Aranor the tools, the power to win against this Evil if the time ever came, we could win, but I was so wrong... and now I will do whatever I have to... to right those wrongs. Glamour magic is an incredible thing especially when you take it to the extreme that I have been able to, though I do believe that there are two that have their suspicions, and it is true you can teach an old dog new tricks. That bitch that Arianne wrote of? That would be me... only no one knows it, but Aranor and me.

And what has you walking the floors at such an hour dear one?
The mage asked the question coming down the stairs of the Great Hall in the Hall of Shadows. When all others looked at her they saw a blonde haired, blue eyed woman that none of them could place because none of them had ever seen her before. When Aranor looked at her, he saw her for herself. He saw the ebony haired violet eyed mage. When she spoke to him in front of others, her voice was not the same, but when they were alone, her words were her own. They were alone now, in the Great Hall, at an ungodly hour, and the mage was not pleased having been summoned the way that she was, but she knew it was coming, though she couldn't say why, that was lost on her and she kept her demeanor and her tone the same as it has always been when she was dealing with Aranor before the Darkness laid it's claim on him.
You look a little troubled Aranor...
As well you should dear one, she thought to herself. This game she played it was dangerous, oh she was not worried for herself, she knew once everything was made right again, she would be back with her beloved Champion, she would finally have her true rest, and how she longed to be held in deaths arms again, returning only now and again when she was truly needed. Though at the same time she feared what her afterlife would bring this time, given all that was happening now. Then again, in death, all past transgressions were forgiven, and she did not ask to be resurrected as she had been, but she was here now, and what else was she to do other than what she had always done. She stood in front of him studying his face wondering what had his blue eyes raging this time and she put a hand on his shoulder.
What is it?
My Heart, My Soul Lies Within the Dragonhand.
I'll miss you everyday until I see you again Darth
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Jerrick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 am

Where is she?

As soon as I woke and knew she was not there, well that sent a lot of questions in my mind. Arianne did say that she was safe. I was making myself sit up and I felt like hell but I was not going to take it easy or anything. Not knowing what I saw, what I had been through felt like hell. I again went to try and get up, Adam told me that I was not going anywhere until I was checked out. He kept trying to assure me that Balin was okay.

We will find the others and do what we can. All I know is I need to be with Balin, she has lost her Father and her Morther is locked up. So yeah I need to get to her, we need to figure out what to do about all this. I feel like a damn semi ran through me. How long was I out?

I was not settling down which was in a way a bit funny cause here you had the vampire in Adam, and the demon in me. It was almost a battle of wills. I did let him check me out and all it was not that hard. Though I was not relenting any about going to be with Balin.
Jerrick
Stablehand

Postby Adam Stilin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 am

She is where she needs to be right now Jerrick. Listen to Arianne and just try and relax.

I was checking him over there were some things that I did not have the necessary things to take care of. So I was checking on him the best I could. Being a demon helped him to heal pretty well too.

I know you want to be with her and you will be once we know you are okay. To argue with me would be damn near pointless. As soon as we can we will get you to where you can be with your wife. I am sure as much as everyone else is helping her, it will help her to know that you are okay as well.

I moved from where I checked him out at, I had already seen the signs he might be coming out of it. So I gave him the food we had waiting for him. I also had a sedative ready to give him if need be. I knew how stubborn some could be. After all I have been around a long time. Once he was settled I went to see Krys.

Jerrick has come to finally, and well of course he is fighting to go see Balin. Any word on the others, how things are going. I know Drake and Kristian went in and reprogrammed all the phones and hacked the database in the hall to make it impossible to open up things there. The thing that gets me Krys is when they came to talk to me Benny's phone is showing active but they could not get a lock on a location or anything.

It had been a month since all hell broke loose and that Benny was killed on the spot by Aranor it was Jerrick that when seeing what was happening tried to interfere and damn near got himself killed.

There are so many questions without answers. So what are you thinking?

Everything was strained since it happened. We would spend time trying to track the others which now should be easier now that the numbers were changed. Benny the youngest of the children of Kiara and Losa was gone. That was someone that I am not sure could ever be replaced.

I know we have talked over things before, so far we have come up empty on finding your Father also. I am wondering if Aranor's hand is how your Father disappeared.
Adam Stilin
Stablehand

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 am

Adam came into the "council" room just in time to hear me going on another rampage over another failed attempt at getting my mother out of the Hall of Shadows, and I swear I think if she's not broken out soon my husband is going to have to sedate me. Yeah you read that right Adam and I did get married like that's some big surprise there right? Hell no. That wasn't a surprise I promise you that. The surprise however are the three cribs set up where my little half breeds are sound asleep thank the damn gods! You read that right too. Three little half breeds. Remember how Bennett and Adam were worried about me? They were right in their own way. Errol did get to poke and prod at me like I promised Adam and Bennett he could and from all that came the news that made me throw up literally all over from the shock. Not one. Not twins but triplets. That's a first for anyone in this family you know. And here's the real kick in the ass. My sons, and my daughter... are literally half demon... half vampire. Split right down the middle. Errol things it was the effects of me taking the V1 for as long as I did, that it altered them through my blood and brought out the demon DNA. I don't know about things like that all I do know is that Connor, Bennett, and Lily are the most amazing little things I have ever seen, and I know that Adam and are damn lucky they made it into this world at all, which has only been three weeks ago. By the way, yes I did name my oldest son after my baby brother. You have no idea what it was like, what it's been like for me or for Aidan losing Bennett the way we did. Of course what I didn't know, but Aidan damn well knew... well I'm not going to get into that right now. What I did know was I that I was going to make damn sure we regained control over Pallia, I was going to find out what happened to my father and free my mother and then... I was going to kill Aranor Shadow and that bitch he flaunts in front of Payten day in and day out. And there isn't a god damn thing anyone can say or do that is going to stop me.
If Aranor had anything to do with my father vanishing the way he has, he would have thrown it in my mothers face over and over again. Keep in mind who my father is Adam, and remember the Time of the Souls. God dammit... he has to have a Seer... there is no way he would know exact times... every damn time we go in to get her out... he shuts us down!
I was so pissed I cracked the table when my hand slammed down on it. Exactly where were we? Well some of us went to Melinda Sinclairs lands in Scotland... some of us are scattered across Avurlund... and the rest of us?
Ireland.
On lands where Aranor wouldn't think to look for us.
I'm sorry... I take it Jerrick is awake and let me guess he was hellbent on...
My phone rang and I sighed heavily, almost growling.
Speak!
The voice on the other end told me the same thing that Adam had, that Drake and Kris had gone in and worked their magic, though how Kristian managed to stay so calm and not flip his lid knowing his sister was a damn prisoner in the Hall that their father built... knowing that Aranor had Khan... or Hugh Connor... killed right in front of my mother as a way to try and break her... was beyond me. Make no mistake about it... Hugh Connor really and truly is dead this time and I don't think Aranor can fully understand the ticking time bomb he has turned my mother into. That voice also told me about my brothers phone and this made me raise a brow.
Okay, thank you.
I hung up the phone and stood there quiet for a minute.
What am I thinking? I'm thinking I'm fed up and have had enough already. I'm thinking all of us being scattered the way we are... is no good and we need to regroup and we need to take Aranor the fuck out. That's what I'm thinking. None of this "he needs to be saved" bullshit... and I'm thinking if Bennett set it up to where we all thought he was dead I am going to kill him when I see him... and then I am going to kill Aidan for helping him and for not telling me... that's what I'm thinking Adam... why? What are you thinking?
Last edited by Krystyna Shadow on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Maybe he's just worried that when I try to kill him I'll actually succeed.
I came into the Great Hall growling the words, green eyes practically glowing, and I know the look on my face was not a pleasant one when I set my sights on the blonde whore that Aranor has taken up with. In one month Aranor Shadow went from being not only a trusted member of the family, but one of my nearest friends, to being not only my enemy, but an enemy to Pallia. What he did to my Bennett... to my father... what he's done to Avalyn and what he does to Payten... I don't care what god damn excuse is given... I am going to kill him one day, and that day may be coming sooner than anyone realizes. For a month I have been held prisoner in my own god damn Hall. Can you believe that? ME?! And with every damn attempt that has been made towards my escape that damn man somehow finds a way to stop me. ME!
I do take some solace in knowing that Aidan and Krystyna are safe... and I am so looking forward to the day when I can see the triple threat that Adam and my daughter have created in Connor, Bennett and Lily. But what I am looking forward to the most, what I live and breathe for, what I dream about and crave more than anything is to see the face of my Angel again. I hear so many rumors but none of them are about Losa. The only thing that keeps me from thinking the worst is, I created Losa, well made him a Dark Child, and our link was never severed like so many others had been when they were turned. I would feel it, I would know if he was gone, and that is the only thing that is keeping me from truly ending Aranors life right now.
No.
That's a lie.
Aranor is keeping me from killing Aranor.
The truth is...
I'm scared. More than scared. I'm terrified, and I don't know how to stop him. I don't know how we are going to get Pallia back or when and if we are ever together again as a family, how we are going to put the pieces back together again. I don't know if my family as a whole can be saved, we're already so broken and because of Aranor so many are lost to us. My chest hurts just thinking about Bennett. The imagine a bright blue eyed, blonde haired baby wrapped in a blanket of white being handed over to his father by a dark haired mage with violet eyes... that is the memory that keeps playing over and over in my head. The day Bennett was born. And Aranor took the man that baby became and snuffed out his life like he was nothing. Thoughts of Bennett, my family, the life I have lived, good and bad... is what keeps me from letting Aranor see just how scared I am. And do you know what else is bothering me? Why am I still alive? Why am I being kept here like this when it would have been so much easier... so much smarter for him to just kill me.
I was told you wanted to see me? What the hell do you want now?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Aranor Shadow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

What troubles me at this time of night is that Losa still has not been found. As long as we have Kiara, and he knows that she is alive he will come for her. That is one reason I keep her alive. None of my brothers have tried to come well none that were amongst the living. It troubles me that I do not know where he is. We still have no idea where any of them are. For this plan to work, and to stay working, they must be gone. Payten is getting to be more of a pain than anything else, she knows I would rather have you though she does not know who you truly are. Of course I want you for many reasons part of which is your power and your knowledge drive along with me. You share my desires, and that alone she does not do.

My hand went out to hers and there we were when Kiara got brought up. Oh I was smart enough to be careful with her. Kiara Jade was such an adversary to have. The mastermind of many things. Now I was looking at her with a bit of a coy grin.

Your husband was not so hard for the vampire hunters I sent out to find. Now there are a couple of choices here, you can tell me where your children would go. Then Losa will at least only be held in captivity, or if I do not get back to my people within the hour Losa is dead. You should see him too, you ever seen a man with pitch for eyes at least that is how I have been told he looks. Seems something about your youngest that he did not take after his Father in. Your son died in fear of what he was seeing, I am sure if I had given him time he would have begged for his life. Though there is something you and your granddaughter share now. It is seeing your Father's killed before your very eyes. Oh and Kiara you will have a special guest joining you soon too. One of my brothers the only one that could understand.

There I was my poker face since turning into all of that was good. So she would not know that I was lying, the old Aranor the weak Aranor was not there. So now was the time to see what Kiara was made of. Would she tell me what I wanted to know in order to save her Angel as she called him. See that was the good thing I had a set thing I could use on him too. Hearing how her youngest died I was wondering just how it would affect her. My daughters were fine I just kept mine on a bit of a watch. There were things that no one knew, and one of them was just what was going to happen from here on out.

So what will it be Kiara
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Where am I some would ask, it would actually amaze people where I was. I am not too far from Pallia at all. The reason I am not far is because of Kiara. Anyone who knows me knows that woman is everything to me. There is no question about it. I had found out about Benny and damn near lost it. My youngest child the child that brought me back from a dark place that I had been in since learning about the death of Shade. Now he was gone and at the hands of my own brother. The brother that had seen Pallia, and the family through some of the darkest times right along side of us was now the enemy. Now there was somethings I had to consider. I had to know that I was playing a dangerous game. I was not sure where Aidan and Kryssy were. I was playing on that Aranor would never think that I was so close to things right now. I knew that going in with Shadows would not work. There had to be a way in to get her out of there. The thought of my son is what kept me going. There was so much that I thought about the news of the triplets did reach me. I had to smile at the though of the three of them. So there I was looking out on the lands that had been what my wife and I ruled for so long. There was going to be hell to pay. For now well you all know I have magic but I hate using magic, I had to though for reasons well for many reasons. I could not let anyone see me yet. I could not take the chance. There were things I had trouble wrapping my mind around. The fact that my brother was the one that brought so much chaos to the lands I have called home for longer than anything I have known is one things. The other was the whispers I heard about him going around the graves. There were just some things that you should not mess with the dead was one of them. From what I was hearing and not liking it seemed that they were going to be resurrecting some people. May the gods help us if they did. See we have relied on Aranor for so long I do not think there is a mage I could trust as much as him. The other one that had my complete confidence and trust like he had was Oriana. Do not get me wrong I trust Annie, I trust her with my life. There was just something that was going to be happening that none of us were prepared for nor could we be prepared for. For now this is where I leave things, no one knows where people have spread to, but I knew my other children were safe. I did not have time to mourn Benny yet my mind was too set on revenge.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Oriana » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Payten is irrelevant at this point Aranor, save for one thing... she is all that is keeping Astrid from giving Ardis the orders to move her armies out into Pallia. I know she irritates you but you do not want to upset the fragile balance at this point. Just leave her be to wallow in her misery and when the time is right, you can be rid of her then.
It still amazed the mage the strength and wills of the people in the family that she had served for so long. Ardis was indeed back in Firyon serving as her Captain once more, once the truth of what Aranor had become was known, Oriana had never seen so many people take action the way that those still alive and able to walk in the world freely had done. The alliance between Firyon and Pallia was nearly non-existent now, but Astrid would not risk war with Pallia unless Aranor attacked Firyon itself, and the mage had a feeling that a certain blue eyed whore of an elf as she was affectionately called by the mage and a certain red headed assassin, had something to do with that. Even though what was happening affected Pallia, Hallia and Firyon, the United Nations and the Elven Nations had done nothing to get involved. Rumor had it the reason for that was Queen Emalina and Queen Astrid called the matter a "family" emergency and it would be settled the way all "disputes" were handled. Of course it must have been hell for Rayne to convince Astrid not to declare war on Pallia when it became known thatEvelyn, Ardis' daughter was among the dead. So much damn death and destruction and all because she and Aranor had been arrogant. We are not arrogant...
One of Kiaras golden rules rang in her mind and she shivered a little which made Aranor give her a questioning glance.
Winters here are colder than I remember...
She smiled softly at him, acting as she normally would have, she could not give away anything if she was going to continue to stay at the Hall, to see every move Aranor made, to keep his confidence and his trust, and most importantly if she was going to continue to protect Kiara, Payten and Avalyn. This was no easy task, the mage had not been prepared for the events that followed her "resurrection", she certainly had not forseen how Aranor would react to seeing her alive, or how she had found herself as his mistress. It was enough to make her wish for death a thousand times over, but at the same time, and perhaps it was because she knew her life would be forfeit once Aranor was truly free, that she was able to do what she needed to.
As for your brothers, especially Losa, he will slip up. You have what he wants, what he loves more than anything in this world in your possession and he will not be so quick to just let you keep her. You and I both know this. Patience dear one...
The mage slipped her hand into his at the same time that Kiara Jade came into the Hall eyes blazing. It was so easy to see what was on the assassins mind, and she did nothing to hide her hatred and wish to see Aranor dead from either of them.
Hold your tongue, be mindful of your surroundings, use the brains the gods gave you Kiara Jade please.
Silently the mage begged the assassin, but dared not look at her with anything but contempt, one slight shift in her look, could make Aranor suspicious, and that was a risk Oriana was not willing to take. She did watch the assassin carefully, searching for any signs that Kiara was going to start to break, if that happened, the mage did not know how she was going to keep Aranor from being on the receiving end of the red heads rage. And how was she going to keep Aranor from killing Kiara once he realized that she was not going to back down?
Orianas eyes rolled to the ceiling, thank the damn gods that Kiara did have a mouth on her, it was that mouth that allowed Oriana to express her annoyance at the red head without bringing attention to the action because as sure as Oriana was that the sky was blue Kiara Jade did not disappoint with her reaction to what Aranar said to her. The mage was fearful for her dearest friend though, because Kiara did have a temper and a darkness of her own, and if Aranor pushed her too hard, who knew what the assassin would do. Hearing what Aranor said about Bennett struck the mages heart deep, she had been there when all of Kiara and Losas children had come into the world, even Shade, the child lost to them, the child that Aidans son shared the same name with. For a moment the mages thoughts went to Aidan, but she had to push those thoughts aside. She had to push Aranors words from her mind and she had to keep focused on what she was supposed to be doing. Which was standing by Aranor. It took all she had not to move in between Aranor and Kiara when the assassin spit at him and let loose with words of her own. But Oriana knew that Kiara Jade was afraid, even if she did not let that fear show.
Bennett was ten times the man you could ever hope to be, and you can stand there telling me that Losa was caught but I know that man better than anyone, if he was caught it was only because he allowed himself to be so he could kill your thugs himself before he made his way to kill you. That's what your afraid of isn't it Aranor? You know he lives, you know he is just waiting for the right moment and you know... you are going to die. Your hunters are not competent enough to catch my husband let alone hold him captive long enough for you to give any orders. As for my father...
The assassin smirked.
I saw him dead once, this time around it wasn't as bad. Don't ever think you have that much power over me Aranor. I have been to hell and back more than once... and you are not the only one capable of bringing hell on earth.... I'm not telling you a god damn thing except you better learn to sleep with both eyes opened, make no mistake about it Aranor... you will die. Believe it. As for your brothers... you have more to be afraid of from them than I do, that I ever will.
Oriana felt Aranors hand tighten around hers, and it was not out of fear that it did. Aranor was getting angry, that was not something she wanted to deal with or to see. It was anger she surely did not want to see unleashed on Kiara and she knew that Jade had no idea just what Aranor had planned for her. The mage was going to do her best to keep Kiara from living through more hell than she had already survived but . She leaned over to whisper in his ear.
You knew it was not going to be easy Aranor. Threats will not work against her. Send her back for now. You need sleep dear one as do I and come morning maybe we can try a different approach with her.
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Adam Stilin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 am

Every time we go into get her love, we are using what Aranor expects. What if, well we would have to find someone crazy enough to do it. What if we sent a human in to do it. He would expect a vampire, a demon, half breeds, shadowwalkers, and all that. He would not however expect we would send in humans. I know we do not have that many of them. I am thinking of something Krys. Darieos came because of Arianne, he has offered to help in any way possible. He is trained in rescue maybe a different type of rescue, but rescue just the same.

My arms went around her, I knew losing Bennett was hell on her. It was hell on a lot of people but Aidan and Krys the most. I kept starting to run through my mind about Benny and what I had been thinking. If he was alive Aidan did not know it.

Krys, if Benny is alive like we are starting to think. One we need to get to him first, and two I really do not think that Aidan knows. There are some things that cannot be faked that look about Aidan how Cori said he was for days after Benny was killed and all. If Benny is alive he has found a way to get away from Aranor's sight and stay under the radar of things. The thing is he would not have a way to contact any of us now. Remember we had to have shut down all the ways Benny would have been able to communicate so that Aranor cannot track us.

I was watching her and there was so much of her Mother in her and I stayed and sat with my arms around her. We were going to get through this we were going to find those that were missing. Then another call came in when I saw the contact name I took it right off.

He said what? You got to be kidding me, do you know if he showed any proof to her? Okay well let me know if anything surfaces to show that he does have him. If we have not been able to find him, I doubt Aranor has been able to. Thank you and remember be careful last thing we need is Aranor knowing we know anything.

I had almost dropped her from my lap when I had gone to take the call. I hung up and looked at Krys shaking my head.

Well you know who that was reporting in, supposedly Aranor has thrown something in your Mother's face. That he had your Father hunted by Vampire hunters and they have him. Not only that they have them that unless she gives up where you and Aidan are that he is going to have him killed. Your Mother called him on it.
Adam Stilin
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:12 am

We knew where others were and we were laying low too. Do you know how hard it has been to keep that elf reigned in? How hard it has been to keep myself reigned in. The news spread quickly about the demise of the King by his very uncle's own hand. If it had not been for Balin and Jerrick bearing witness to it, and what happened to Jerrick some might not believe it. The good thing some were not too far away to get help to Jerrick. Balin flipped out which what you expect first she sees her Father killed then what happened to her husband. That would be enough for anyone to flip none of us knew how we were going to fight it. None of us knew how we were going to go against my brother the Mage who had stepped up when Oriana was gone. Later on we would find out that Oriana was a part of Aranor. Now was the time we really did need Oriana to come out of Aranor. If we could get her to help him she may be the only one that could. I knew where Mathias was, I knew where Krys and Aidan were. What we did not know was where the hell Losa was in all of this. There was not one of us that could walk freely in Pallia not with the way Aranor had us being hunted for. So there it is, we were going to have to fight a fight without being able to get close. I knew it was time for us to make a move to get to where others were. We had to be careful though Aranor was able to use magics to trace the Shadows. So we had to use more conventional ways to get around.

I know you like these damn planes but I really do not like flying.

We had an overnight flight to Ireland we would land right before daybreak of course we did not use our real names. See the beauty in what Kristian and Drake could do. They could make anything and have it be as good as the real one. So we had our passports, and our ids. Once we landed we were going to be going to meet with the others. This not being able to travel when we wanted was a bit of a pain. It would take some time but we would get it done.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 am

IBennett was weak, and not much of a man at all. He was easier to kill than anyone else I have ever known, see that urn up there? That is where the ashes of your little baby are Kiara. That is where what is left of your youngest child is. That is where I will put your husband's ashes. Since he will be turned to ash here you can have this. Actually you can have Bennett's too.

I tossed her two wolf chains, each one with their own special marks on it for who they belonged to. This was something Losa had made for all of them. Could I be cruel yes I could be, and this was just the beginning.

Some day I will be adding Aidan and Krys's chain to the collection too. Just how many ashes do you think I can fit in the container? Maybe I could fit Aidan and Krys in there too. Well after Losa's ashes that is.

I listened to what was said to me and I smiled over at Kiara.

You can go back down now, and oh an old lover might be by to see you soon.

That was all I was going to say, it was going to be hard but I had a list of people to have resurrected and not just the ones that you were thinking. Of course there was my Father and brother, then their allies. But I thought besides my brother there was one lover of hers that got to Losa more than any. The one that would throw things in Losa's face even after they had started to get back together.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Bennett Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

I had only told Avalyn long ago that Oriana taught me some little tricks as both my parents could do magic, and look at the history in our family I was the only one really interested in that side of things. I was not her student per say because we know the only student she ever took was Aranor. The same man who had thought to kill me. I could not go back to Pallia yet and I knew that. I knew I would have to find my brother and sister. If I survived finding them then we would as a collective whole do what we needed. There were not many places I knew I could go. I took a page from histories past and I went to the lands of our greatest allies. Though not being able to Shadow Walk or anything else made it hard to travel. No money I did have identification not my real one but it passed border after border. I was able to slowly make my way to Firyon. Why Firyon? Because with the magic of the kingdom itself it was easy to get lost there. I could not risk people knowing who I was so I played to where I would have to be arrested. In fact I did so in a way that I knew I would I caused quite a stir at night, and I spoke blasphemy against the King and Queen. I also had stolen some drinks from the tavern. Well not stolen but drank and could not pay for them. I would later settle up with the bar owner. So there it was I was arrested and brought to the jail. I caused a stir insisting on my rights to speak with the King and Queen. I knew it may take some time and I thought of something that would only be known by some.

Tell them you have someone that would like to speak to Darren Thistlewood

I was worried that I would be refused but I had to try, see time was running out it was starting to become morning, right now the sun would not come up on my side of the jail but still. This was a risk that I was not liking nor was I wanting to take anyone else knowing who I was. I knew the guard though and I knew that would raise some questions. When the guard went to say that Darren was no longer around, I got a bit agitated.

There is no one by that name blasphemer

Then let me speak with the Captain of the Guard or even better the King and Queen.

I will let their Royal Highnesses know you wish to speak with them

The guard left and went on his way. I could only hope that he did as he said. I did not know he would find the Captain of the Guard and The Queen together as the King was busy with other matters.

I am sorry to intrude your highnesses, but there is a new prisoner causing quite a stir down there. He was picked up on blasphemy along with thievery. Such an odd fellow too, he has asked for an audience with you and the King. He was speaking ill about both of you. Also something odd, he asked to speak with Darren Thistlewood.

It would be only if I was face to face with one of the family that I would just let a flash of the eyes show for them and only them. For the eyes would give me away enough for them to know something. So it was just for me to wait. I did take the pillow there and stuff it up in the window area so that it was not going to let the light in. I wish I had my chain but it must have fell when I had went to do what I did.
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Ardis' head snapped up from the map of Pallia that she was looking over, for over a week she had been plotting and planning with her sister to find a way to get Payten, Avalyn and Kiara the hell out of the Hall of Shadows. For a week she had been secretly thinking of a way to kill Aranor Shadow. Not that the thought hadn't crossed her mind time and time again, oh it had, but she had to be smart about it. Aranor would not know peace, not so long as she lived and was unable to get her hands around his throat. She was going to do everything she could to make his life hell, and he was going to suffer before he died. No one knew just how deep Ardis' hatred for Aranor now ran, Astrid could feel it there was no doubt about that, which is probably why Astrid just stood back letting Astrid do what she felt she needed to. The only thing that was keeping Ardis from spinning out of control was Phillip. When she wasn't deep in thought, Ardis' nights were spent with the guard, training them harder, making them better, getting them ready, one day the orders would come down that Aranor was to be taken out and then Ardis and her army would be on the move, but for now she concentrated on the tasks before her, and one of those was keeping Maelstrom under control for now. When her head snapped up at the guard who had come in to tell her about a man that had been arrested and how he spoke of Darren Thistlewood , Astrid was already on her feet and across the room, Phillip was already out the door. Her twin and her husband had become extremely protective of her since Evelyns death, though Ardis was sure they were protecting the rest of the world more. Shaking her head she followed them to the area of the palace prison and found herself being flanked on both sides by Astrid and Phillip like she was the Queen of Firyon instead. It was the mention of Darren Thistlewood that had Astrid and Phillip a little on edge she knew that. She went to the cell and stood in front of the bars and spoke to the man who didn't look at day over twenty, and didn't have a face she recognized from anywhere.
Darren Thistlewood has been dead probably longer than you've been alive. How do you know that name?
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Bennett Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Because things are not always the way that they appear. I need to speak with you where I know we are not followed and not watched.

My voice went to a whisper.

I cannot risk anyone knowing that I am unsure of. There are things I can tell you that no one else would know. I cannot tell you here though.

I looked to the three of them I let my eyes flash for just a moment. Just enough for them to see the eyes that were a kind of a mark of my family. I looked at them trying to figure out just what they were going to do with me. I smiled slightly.
I can tell you more not here though.

I had to think of something that would make them see, make them trust me to where I could be alone with them. Where I could truly be free from the skin I have had to live in for the past few weeks. I also was in desperate need of a shower and a change of clothes.

Just give me five minutes away from this jail and some place just the three of us. I will even let you bind me, just don't use the shadows they will not work.

This was the first interaction for me with any of my family for the past month. The last I had seen Jerrick and Balin had been heading in to see me. I whispered in a soft voice barely audible.

Please give me this chance. The things I can tell you will prove there is more than meets the eye
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I caught the objects that Aranor threw at me and I knew before I even looked at them what they were. My heart sank to the floor, but I was not going to give Aranor the satisfaction of seeing any sort of reaction from me, not that it really mattered. This man had been a part of my true inner circle. He served my council, was my brother in law, one of my closest friends, someone that I always believed could be trusted and looked to in times of true trouble as well as times of great joy, and now all I can think about is how to kill him. Whether it is done out of revenge or for the good of my realm, Aranor will fall, and I will deal with the aftermath that may come from it, though there are not many who would mourn the loss of the man that Aranor has now become, I know we will all mourn for the man he had once been.
I held the chains in my hand not looking at them but looking at Aranor and I slipped Bennetts chain over my head.
You'll never find Aidan and Krystyna...
I slipped Losas' chain over my head, both chains now hung from my neck and I still refused to take my eyes off him.
You're scared Aranor... I can't see it but I can smell it... you know you don't have Losa... I know you don't have Losa and you know... he will be coming for you. You can threaten me all you want, you can threaten the Prince and Princess... but none of it is going to help you... he is going to kill you and I am going to enjoy watching him while he does.
That was all Aranor was going to get from me, and if he thought I was going to march myself back into my room that I had holed myself up in down in the Caverns he was sorely mistaken. Yes I am a prisoner in my own home but he had enough sense to know trying to keep me locked in some cell was pointless, so I was allowed to walk the Hall freely. The only reason I kept myself in my room in the caverns. I walked by him with a snort of disgust to the stairs that led to the rooms above the Great Hall, and for the first time in a month I was going to sleep in the bed that Losa and I have slept in together every night since our great game ended.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Raynalia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

I don't like much of anything anymore...
The elf whispered low, all traces of her broken speech were gone, her eyes had lost their usual shine and there was a greyish blue tint to her skin. The events that led up to living on the run,then in hiding, what Aranor did and how all of their lives had been turned into a nightmare she still could not wrap her mind around had started to take it's toll. Realizing how she sounded when the words came out of her mouth she tried to smile the way she used to, the kind of smile that could stop a mans heart or make his blood run hot, but even her smile had lost it's spark. Still she tried because the man sitting next to her was a reason to smile even in the worst of times.
I'm sorry babe. I'm just tired. Never realized just how long we were going to be stuck on this plane for. I'll feel better once my feet are back on solid ground.
That was a damn lie, Con knew it, she knew it, but she wasn't going to add to the stress they were already under. The only thing that kept her from begging him to just run and never look back was their children. As grown up as they were, Hunter, Quin, Cole, Orry, Gage, Rhone, Avery, and Cori were still their children, and she was not going to leave them. Just like she was not going to leave Aidan and Krystyna. With Kiara a prisoner, it was up to Rayne to be the mama to her niece and nephew. It was on Con to be the father until Losa made himself known. The elf believed with all her heart that Losa was hidden away somewhere, making his own plans to make right so many wrongs. But some wrongs would never be able to be made right... would any of them ever be all right again?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 pm

I will find them, and your grandbabies too. Will not be too hard not with the rewards that have been offered for being enemies of Pallia and the country's most wanted. You did leave a nice treasury for this kingdom. All that you were and all that you thought you were, will be no more. Do not worry you will not be sleeping alone for long. I will make sure you have the company of an old lover.

I watched her, and maybe I had given her a bit of reign of things. Something I did keep an eye on her. Every move was tracked, making sure that she could not leave. Also unless I called for her she was not going to be in front of me. I would speak with Oriana about all of this. After I knew she was gone I took Oriana to bed with me next to the room that when I would call on my wife she would be. I did enjoy having a mistress though one that did not nag me about this or that. There were some things I would discuss with her though while we were there alone.

So which one of her old lovers should I bring back, Darkcloud, or Dakota? Maybe I can bring them both back and let them have their fun with her. I could let them have turns at her. Not like there are not ways to bind her up and all. I am getting tired of her, maybe we should just be done with her. In fact it might be her that I use to draw out Aidan and Krystyna.

I had to wonder though just what plans I should make as far as any of them go. I was not going to be playing nice like I had for so long. Doing what ever I needed to for their family. Now it was not about any of them it was about me. It was about the new life that the darkness had created for me. The way it strengthened me and that has made me stronger than last I can remember.

If all goes according to plan we should be celebrating really soon.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:44 pm

She caught the look passed between her sister and her husband. Phillip and Astrid were suspicious and they had every right to be. Someone asking to speak with the King and Queen was not unusual, but someone asking to speak to Darren, that would raise red flags with everyone, but there was something that Ardis saw that made her move to give the man in the cell his chance.
One chance, that's all you get. Astrid?
Ardis looked at her twin and waited the few seconds it took for Astrid to answer. Her answer was simple. She cleared the room. Not one guard was left in the holding area by the time she gave the order.
We can stay right here. And you can stay right where you are. You were worried about privacy, well now you have all the privacy you need but you will not be leaving where you are.
That was the only compromise that Astrid was going to make. She was not going to give in to pleas, she was not as trusting of people as she had once been and even with her talent for being able to read a persons body language and their expressions, now it didn't matter if she could tell they were speaking truth or not, no one was going to get that close to her sister or anyone else she loved again. Aranor in one way or another had destroyed them all.
I guess that's it then huh? You asked for five minutes, her Majesty has given you the chance to speak, just be glad for it, and start talking, five minutes goes quick. I'm not asking you again.. how do you know Darren Thistlewood?
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:47 pm

I know my love, but we still have a lot to be thankful for. There has been so much bad, but then there has been reasons to celebrate too. Soon we will be reunited with part of our family. You know you are going to be spoiling those three babes as soon as you set eyes on them.

I was worried, I know I should be worried about other things but right now my biggest worry was the woman beside me. I had two great loves in my life time. Ariela and Rayne, were the two that truly were my great loves. I made some mistakes before meeting Rayne but since then it has only been Rayne and Ariela. There was a look to her that worried me and I leaned to kiss her.

After this is done we are sure as hell retiring and kicking back some place. There will be an end to it, and there will be one hell of a time afterward. We have lost some but I know that with that also comes new life. I know that does not replace what has been lost to us but still there is hope. In the darkest of times it is finding the shining light.

None of us had known yet about other things but here we were and we would be to our destination soon. We would be seeing part of the family soon. I smiled and my arm went around her and brought her as close as I could while being in our seats and I kissed her.

Things will work out you will see
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Bennett Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Are you sure it is safe here no cameras? This cannot get out and you will see why.

I paused and once I knew it was safe I spoke again.

Because Darren is my second cousin I think it is called. Well now also kind of my niece or step niece if there is such a thing. Since the Dowager of Firyon your Mother married her cousin, Aidan Connor Shadow. They married in a whirlwind of ways.

As I was talking I let the magic fade. It was draining to me to have kept that disguise like I had to. I soon was just plain old Bennett. Looking at them and speaking then in my normal voice.

Before you ask how it is possible I spent some time with Oriana I was interested in some magics. Avalyn knows that I can do some things. She should already be knowing that I am alive. Where is she and Balin? Balin did not know maybe Avalyn told her. Before you ask there are things that I can answer that no one else could know.

I stood looking at them and I had to take a breath and then would speak quickly.

I was the baby that was never supposed to be. I was the one that was such a shock that my Mother made many healers come in to make sure. Phillip you and I grew up together. I learned to fight with the sword from my Father and from Avalyn's adoptive Father Bryce Bowers. Bryce and Grace Ann adopted two children Chase and Avalyn. Avalyn was my best friend and still is to this day. Ash was thought to be dead for hundreds of years it was the night of my parents anniversary that it was found out he was alive. Ariela is the one that taught us all how to shoot bow and arrows. I could tell some other things if you tell me what will convince you.
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Adam said something that made such perfect sense and it made me smack myself in the forehead too. We have tried everything to get my mother out of the Hall of Shadows and away from Aranor. My biggest fear for her has been that she is going to get pushed too far and she is going to do something that is going to get her killed. If that happens you have to understand, I won't lose just my mother. I will lose my father and that is not something I am ready for.
Dareios never even crossed my mind. I know he's been doing what he can to help with Jerrick and with the few mortals that were caught in the crossfire of this whole damn thing, but I never thought that maybe he might be able to get to my mother when no one else has been able to. It has to be planned to the letter Adam, and we need to find out if he'll do it, but it's a good idea.
Adam made me stop and think, not just about Dareios but about Aidan and Bennett. If Bennett was alive would Aidan know? His reaction when he found out our brother was dead... I'm not sure he could have faked the kind of anger and grief I saw coming from him, his eyes said it all. I had to think that Adam was right for now. Aidan didn't know anything. If I found out later that he did then I'd kill him. Right now we had bigger issues to deal with. Hearing Adam tell me that Aranor was in my mothers face, after the call came in just fueled the fire that was already burning all around me.
He needs to come here. Aidan. If Bennett is alive finding him is not going to be easy. And I want my father found. I know that will definitely not be easy because he won't go far if he knows what's happened to his wife. Aranor can give all the proof he wants that my father is this or that, but my mother would know if he was lying or not and so long as no calls come in that Aranor killed her because she went after him... then I am going to assume he's hiding... waiting and biding his time. But this... my brother and I being apart like this... it's not working for me anymore. All of them, not just Aidan... everyone whose left out there... needs to come here. We are going to rebuild it all Adam. The Order... our lives... all of it, starting now... and when the time is right... we are going to take back Pallia. Aranor wouldn't dare wage war against the Isles just to be rid of a handful of people he sees as a threat. He thinks we are entirely broken... and he's wrong.
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Oriana » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:55 pm

You cannot kill her, just remember that dear one.
That was the first thing that the mage spoke when she and Aranor were alone. There was so much happening in that room all at once, most of it happened unseen, and with great control that was going to leave the mage exhausted by the time she was through. Time and again she had tried in her own way to free Kiara from the Hall, and time and time again her own efforts had been stopped for whatever reason, and so the mage shifted focus to another that would be easier to release. It was not easy by any means, it had taken a week and a half for her figure it all out and put her plans into action in their entirety but now, while she had Aranor occupied, while he was so concentrated on what to do with Kiara, she weaved her magics using everything she knew too keep him from realizing what was happening. In the next room, little by little, the sleeping elven woman was slowly starting to disappear...
Kiara is still a beacon of hope in this world, Pallias' people still worship the ground she walks on. They show you the respect you deserve out of fear. Fear can be dangerous Aranor, and if you kill her, or anything happens to her... that might be the catalyst for them to truly come after you.
The mage slipped into bed with her usual calmness, but inside she was a storm of many different emotions. Emotions that she needed to keep reigned in and under control. One small slip and she knew she would be in for the fight of her life. No not her life... she would be in the fight of others lives.
As far as who you think should be... returned for Kiara... weigh who would be more beneficial to you, not just in terrorizing her, but overall. Think about which one of them would make Losa come running faster, after all isn't she the weapon you will use against your brother? Everything you do needs to be thou....
And there it was.
The knock on the door she knew was coming. On the other side of the door would be one of the staff coming to let Aranor know, that Payten was not in her room where she should have been.
Oriana
Peasant

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Bennett!
Ardis almost fell to her knees, but luckily Phillip was there to grab onto her at the same time she reached out and grabbed Astrid because Astrids' reaction had been the same as hers. They were both ready to just hit the floor from the shock of seeing a stranger turn into Pallias' lost King, and Ardis had no doubt in her mind that it was Bennett because only Bennett would go on and on about how they were related.
I'm not going to ask how, I don't care how. I just want to know... well I guess I am going to ask how! Bennett how in the hell did you know that Aranor was going to kill you?! I mean we all knew he was acting a little goofy but we all thought it was because of the strain...
Astrid was just staring at Bennett while Ardis talked and then a slow smile crept across her lips. She nudged Ardis making her twin look at her and when Ardis saw the look on her sisters face, an identical smile spread on her face.
You know what this means don't you?
Astrid asked and Ardis started nodding.
The King is dead....
Both women looked at Bennett.
Long live the King...
They knelt in front of him out of sheer respect. There were a million questions that needed to be asked and answered but at that moment they were just in awe of their cousin. Ardis looked up at Bennett at the same as Astrid with matching gleams in their eyes.
This changes everything...
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Next

Return to Shadows of Time