Eternal Echo

Eternal Echo

Postby Osservare » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:18 am

For centuries I have watched. Watched and recorded the histories of this family that so few understand. Even now I am still unraveling the mysteries of those whose lives I have been charged with chronicling even though I have walked among them, lived among them... am one of them. How we have survived for this long, well the secret behind that is no mystery, no great enigma or puzzle that needs to be solved. The answer to that harmless question is simple. We are Eternal. Immortal. Blessed. Cursed. It’s really up for you to decide what we really are once you’ve read our history, and it is a long rich history. Not all of us have survived through the years, the decades, the centuries. Some of us chose to surrender this life for the next, to walk in another world with those who passed before us, and some of us have had to be… let’s just say some of us had to be put down for various reasons. Living as long as we do, as we have can take it’s toll. Some fall into madness, some go underground burying themselves from the world around them choosing to sleep through time in the hopes that when they wake, the world will be better than it was when it was left behind, and some of us thrive on who we are, what we are. I’m a thriver. This life is unlike any other and sometimes finding the words to describe the sheer thrill and ecstasy of this life is almost impossible. So I bet you’re wondering why I have been told to release the histories, or rather these histories from our archives. The answer is just as simple as the one given about our survival. They have ordered it to happen, and like I have always done, I will follow my orders. The world around us is nothing like we once knew but it is still just as exciting, just as thrilling, just as lethal. Everything has changed but so much does remain the same. Now I sit on a rooftop high above the city watching, waiting for my charge for the evening to begin her night. It’s her turn to be observed and I can honestly say I am looking forward to seeing what the night holds for us both. Oh incase I haven’t told you yet, incase you were wondering… what am I saying… I know I haven’t told you yet and I know you are curious, wondering… so here it is.
I am Annie Kensington … or perhaps you might remember me better as Iliana Shadow.
I am now known the world over as Osservare… the Watcher…
Last edited by Osservare on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Osservare
Stablehand

Re: Eternal Echo

Postby Genna Ryder » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 am

The night was afire with city lights flicking on, set by timers from whatever power grid ran beneath the concrete that her feet were walking on. Quiet steps were taken towards a destination known only to her for now. The air around her was warm, alive. As alive as the bodies that shuffled to and fro like rats in a maze, always in a hurry, always running to reach their own destinies before time ran out. Time. That one word in her thoughts made her chuckle to herself. What was time really? Nothing but the driving force that made the world and it's inhabitants slowly die with every ticking second. She didn't have that problem though, when one world died and a new world was reborn, she was reborn with it, adapting, and blending in as they all did, as they have always done. Cars raced down the busy street, horns honked, music blared from some apartment in one of the buildings that lined the street, and her thoughts were now back in a time when such things as computers, cell phones, airplanes and all the modern technology was unheard of. It was an amazing time back then, when magic and warriors ruled the world. Those warriors, those magics, they still existed, so did the many races that made up the world she knew back then. Names may have changed, advances may have been made but there was one thing that stayed the same. Mortals and immortals, humans and non humans all coexisted in the world they now called Carrid. Pallia still stood, and was still ruled by one of Connor blood, that would never change. The Order was not such a secret anymore, but that didn't make their goals any different, they still stood for justice and still set out into the world to right wrongs, only now they were called on by Kings and Queens of all Nations rather than the few that Pallia had once been allied with. Firyon, Iallia and Pallia were the ruling bodies of the whole of Carrid, with the exception of the Outlands, but Outlanders never really presented much of a problem, for now peace reigned over all, but Genna knew that peace never lasted. Stopped on a corner waiting for the light to change so she could cross the street, a familiar scent reached her nostrils tickling her nose. Her head tilted towards the sky, her eyes shifted to a building where the occupants were getting ready to enjoy a long Friday night, and Genna caught a glimpse of the woman sitting on the roofs ledge. She gave a brief nod to the woman and set off across the street once the light changed. So far her night had been uneventful but she was hoping to improve on that once she got to where she was going....
Genna Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:10 am

You have heard them before, the words of so many others, telling their own stories, committing pen to paper and bringing you into their world. For too long I remained silent letting others tell my story for me, it has been through their eyes that you were brought into a world that so few knew, understood, and some never accepted. That's never bothered me. I could give a damn about anyones acceptance, maybe way back in the very far off past I might have cared but now, heh, now it's a whole new ball game. And now it's time you learned about this life, my life, this world that we have created even through the tides of time we stand strong. Oh we're a little broken but not shattered, we're still a family, and we're still good, yeah still good. Rayne reminds me every time she picks up a phone and calls just how we are the most dysfunctional functioning family in the entire world. Carrid. That's the name of this world we live in now. Avurlund was just a speck on the map, as time progressed so did science and we learned through the years that Avurlund was not the entire world, imagine having to adjust to something like that. It's not as hard as you think. Anyway, we've all changed. We've all had to adapt to the turning of the centuries and I admit I sometimes miss life the way it was back when we ruled the world. Oh we still run this bitch, just not how you would think. We've had to adjust... and I think it might take a little time for you to adjust too, once you see just how much has truly changed....
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:05 am

The phone on the nightstand beside her bed was ringing with an urgency that screamed "answer me now". A low groan came from beneath the thick comforter that covered her and a hand slithered out from beneath the material searching for the source of the noise that was making her want to take the annoying gadget and throw it against the wall. She had to be up anyway but dammit if she would have woken up on her terms. With a push of a button and a growl she spoke to the person on the other end.
What the hell is it now?
The voice on the other end answered and that answer brought a sigh filled with more annoyance than what she had felt towards the phone in her hand. A blonde brow went up, legs swung over the side of the bed and her hair swayed because she was shaking her head in utter disbelief.
Again?! Jesus Christ, thats the third time in six months! Was he in it this time?
She got the answer she was hoping for then spent a few more minutes wrapping up the call but she wasn't through with the matter yet. A push of another button and this time she was the one intruding on anothers night. The voice that answered sounded just as happy as she did at having been woken before she was ready to be.
I know I know I'm sorry Dom but I need you to go Mead and pick up Cicero. Seems he was getting ready to leave to go to the Hall and wouldn't you know it.... the car blew up... no he wasn't in it... the Audi... yeah Jades Iron Man car.... she's gonna be pissed... yeah I know, these games they play are getting tiresome... guess he's just reminding Cicero where his real place is.... she's just as bad you know.... so long as neither one of them actually sleeps with someone else I think we'll all survive... you know the rules to the game and maybe he thought Cicero was getting a little too close.... I don't know just go get him. I'll be there soon enough.
Shutting the phone off her feet went to the floor and Ardis went to the bathroom to run the water for a shower, and start her night. A slight grin curled her mouth, if she was lucky her night wouldn't be all work and no play.
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:34 am

It had been a long time since he and Kiara were together in the conventional way of marriage but they were still together it was an odd type of situation. The piece of paper came across his desk and he looked at the man who handed it to him.
Are these people insane I have to wonder about that? Do they not know who I am, do they not know who she is to me and will always be. Anyone that thinks I would take that type of contract is damn stupid. I want to find out where this contract came from and I want to know immediately. This is rather comical in a way did they really think that I would go after her that I would send anyone after her? Of course, it would be a suicide mission for anyone that tried to take her head.
He touched his fang with his tongue something he did on a regular basis. He grinned at the man standing before him.
Actually let them know we want the contract. I want to see who it is that dares to think to lay a hand on her. Though you do not speak to them about this, let them know they will meet with me in person.
But sir do you think that is wise
You are thinking to question me do you remember what happened to the last one to question me.
But are you sure that you want to get involved with this we could just let her know.
Yes we could let her know but until we know who it is that is the threat this time what do we have to go on. Since when did you question my motives, and when does anyone have the right to question my motives when it comes to protecting Kiara?
Maybe since you lead the outlanders and she is not exactly one of us. Do we really need to get involved in this my lord.
Remember your place Shane. After all this is not a game that we play, this is my wife that we are talking about.
Please think about this if the situation was reverse what do you think she would do?
Do you really need to ask we are talking of Kiara she would kill the person on the spot. I need to feed still you should go get the one that wrote for this contract and bring him here. I want to see who thinks they will live asking for the head of Kiara.
You know the way you two act you confuse people.[/color]
What is so hard for people to understand we have been through and what we continue to go through, Some look at the stories of our legacy or legend whatever you want to call it. Some do not believe it but it all happened and if the truth were to be told there were things we went through that no one could understand.
Should I gather the others mi lord.
No, do not get the others involved the moment they decided to involve me in this they made it mine to handle.
It has been awhile since you seen her mi lord maybe you should look elsewhere for your needs you know there are plenty of ones that would be more than willing to oblige.
He grabbed him by the throat his fangs showing as he snarled.
Maybe you should keep your mouth shut unless of course you want to see just how quickly I will protect anything to do with my wife.
She does not act like much of a wife you know, there are whores that give their men more attention than your wife gives you.
This coming from the man that would rather have a different woman in his bed every night, let’s see if you can stay with the same woman for even a month as I doubt that you are capable of that.
So I get bored easily but did I mention I have been talking with your daughter lately, she could be someone I could do more than once.
The next thing anyone saw was Shane flying across the room in one motion Losa was up and at him.
I was just kidding my lord after all I know better than to get involved with one of your daughters. Why so sensitive when it comes to them?
The question about his daughters went unanswered, there wasn't any reason for him to say another word, anyone who knew his daughters understood while they were capable of taking care of themselves, he and their mother would always be there to watch out for them.
What about that other little matter I wanted taken care of?
A snicker came from the man.
Unfortunately your Queens little pet managed to escape harm, but her precious little car is now nothing but a burning hunk of useless metal.
Grinning, Losa settled back in his chair knowing the reaction that would come from his wife over the loss of yet another of her prized possessions and even if he was amused, the matter of the contract that had been put on her head, was still front and center in his mind.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Ash Deamons » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 am

With death, there can be new life, sometimes not in the way that you think you have heard that when one life begins another life must have ended. This was the case in a way for him though he did not know it. He had been born as the eldest child to Cyranda and Stryder Deamons. He was part demon and part water fey, which he did not know at the time. It had been a long time since he knew anything other than the life he now had. It seemed like he was not like the others that he had met so far. Well at least the ones that he could remember, there was something he was sure of he was different. He sat there looking out and he remembered reading the stories of old. The legends of the Angel and the Spitfire, stories that he knew so well. He took his name that he went by from those books. As what ever happened to him he could not remember his life before not even his name. Though Ash did sound like a name that he could live with. Especially after he read the description of the man written by his wife Astrid Ethorrian Deamons, who had lost her husband to wounds suffered in a battle. As Ash was the captain of the guard for the Firyon Army. The stories he read made him wonder how much was true and how much was not. He did know that the Elite did exist though they were different from the Elite it seemed from the legends. He knew that he had not aged much though it had been many years that he had been keeping track of that it had been. Though he had to be wrong about just how long because he surely should have aged by then. He decided that he would start the trip to where he wanted to go. He was interested in seeing the lands that he read about in the histories of the world. After all he had no place to really be, so why not do some traveling. It made sense to him at least. He would set out for these lands that he had read so much about to see about what he had read. He was not sure where he would be allowed to look around. He knew that it could be fun to see these places he had read about and maybe be able to even meet the people from the stories. He knew though the man he took the name of that he would not meet Ash Deamons as Ash had been killed in a great war. As the champion of Firyon he had put his own life on the line.
Ash Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:09 am

So this is what you do for your wife on the eve of your anniversary? You blow her car to nothing?
Krystyna Shadow stood in the door frame of her fathers office, one fiery brow was arched, her arms were folded across her chest and she was not amused. Krystyna and her sister didn't take sides in the little power play going on between her parents, no one really did, they all realized that what was happening between the King and Queen of Pallia was nothing more than some twisted little game between them that had been going on for just a little too long in most peoples opinions. The Outlanders became what they were on a dare. It all started on a god damn dare, but everyone knew that Losa would forever be King until his life became forfeit and Krystyna knew her mother would never allow that to happen. Green eyes darted to the man standing beside her father and she snorted in disgust.
Don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back too much Shane, Lexi only speaks to you because for whatever reason my father sees fit to keep you around, you're nothing but something to pass the time when she's bored.
Coming off the frame she moved across the room in two strides and stood at the front of her fathers desk leaning over the top.
When are these games going to stop between the two of you? It's been three damn decades already and you both act like it's only just getting started. What is it? Boredom? An adrenaline rush? Whatever it is there are plenty of us who wish you two would just get over it. Aidan and Kristian are not going to be happy when they hear about this you know. She could have been the one going to get in the car when it exploded or did you not think about that? I don't know why you let Cicero get to you the way you do, you know damn well he's nothing to her. Anyway... I didn't come here to scold my father like he was some damn two year old. I just wanted to let you know that all the arrangements for tonight have been finalized, she'll be here within the hour so I would suggest you start getting ready.
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Astrid Ethrorrian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Three hundred eleven years, nineteen days, seven hours and twenty seconds... no make that twenty one seconds now. That's how long it had been since the day her entire way of life was brought down around her head, reduced to nothing but a pile of rubble... nothing remained not even ash... Ash. Alone in the same bed that she had slept in from the first afternoon she became a wife, the same bed where her only child, their only child was brought into the world with a rebel yell so loud that Ash laughed through his tears. The same bed where her heart stopped beating and became dead to the world, Astrids mind went back to that day, where she had failed Firyon, failed her parents, failed their son and more than anything failed the man she had vowed her life, her heart, her body and soul to. After three centuries it was all still so clear in her mind, the events that led up to the death of her husband, the beginning of the end of everything for her. Those memories were kept at bay when the sun came down, she kept herself immersed in the politics of Carrid, carrying out the same duties of her office that she had once done just for Firyon unless she was called on by the King and Queen of Pallia, but after that day she had gone into a downward spiral, nothing had been able to get her to come out of the deep dark state of mind she had fallen into. If the situation with Falcon hadn't happened, her entire family believed that Astrid would be lost to them forever. It took her son, Ashs' son being caught by Lycans, the very same Tribes that had taken her husbands life for her to snap out of her self imposed prison and by the time she was through with her sisters help, that Tribe was wiped out of existence and Falcon was returned where he belonged. Once the sun rose high in the sky and Astrid turned in to sleep, a habit she trained herself to do after she had been turned, it was then that the memories of that day would rush up on her holding her in their iron grip...

The negotiations had been going well, a new peace treaty was being arranged between the Tribe led by Romolus Woolse, a Lycan with a harmless sounding name but there had been nothing harmless about the man at all, and she knew this going in but she was hoping on her charm, her intelligence, and her belief that the Tribe wanted to reach a suitable agreement as much as Firyon did. The dispute between the two realms had started over a Lycan woman who had come to Firyon begging for sanctuary, and Astrids parents being who they were granted that sanctuary, when they learned that the woman was the mate of Lycan leader they sent Astrid to work her magics with her silver tongue and sharp mind. She had been too confident, too willing to believe that Romolus would not risk war over one woman, and she had been wrong. The very day that the agreements were supposed to be signed Astrid had been taken and held in the rooms that had been made available to her during her time on lycan lands, for two weeks she was held. She didn't learn the full extent of what happened until the doors to those same room were thrown open and two men came inside dragging the body of her husband with them. The way they threw Ash to the floor made her wince but she held herself together, until she saw his wounds, until she was informed that if Romolus could not have his mate, then she would not have hers, she would not have anything, she would know what it was like to lose everything. As quickly as they had brought him to her they took him away and for two days she screamed, ranted, raved, begged and pleaded to be set free, it was the only time that she could remember ever going into a full on panic and allowing her emotions to rule over her. Two days was all it took for Ardis and James Kensington to cut a path through Chantham to rescue her. For two days Ash held on waiting for her and on the second day, when her freedom was won and she was home in Firyon, when she knelt at his bedside her head in his shoulder, her face buried in his neck, her free falling tears washing over his skin, Ash Deamons told her to look at him, pulled her by the neck gently to him, kissed her and then breathed his last breath...

She woke in the night with his name tearing from her in a scream, the quilt that was over her was covered in sweat, her pillow stained with tears, her heart felt just as shattered as it had been since that day. Breathing heavy, calming herself and remembering where she really was Astrid turned over to the empty side of the bed where Ash should have been and she stayed there until she ran out of tears for that night to shed.
Astrid Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 pm

You know Lexi is just not doing anything because of course her husband would have an issue with it.

Don't you think that you best shut your mouth about my youngest child Shane after all I have not fed yet.

He smiled up at his daughter and grinned at her moving to kiss her cheek.

Just my way of letting your mother know she still lights my worldon fire. Of course you know she is to blame for this too. If she really cared about that car she would not have him driving it. You know that there are few things in this world that irritate me and he is one of the biggest ones. He actually seems to think that he would have a chance with your mother. He is even more foolish than Shane. As smart as Shane is on things he has not come to realize that your sister will never betray Adam

He waited a moment and then he showed his daughter what he had been looking at before she entered.

I think a nice anniversarry present might be this person what do you think
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Ash Deamons » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Why was it as he was traveling he had felt he had been there before. It did not make sense as he had lived in more industrial cities he learned about the areas he was now going to travel in the stories he read. As much as some said that the storied lives he read about were not real he had a feeling they were. He connected with them on some ways that he could not explain. That is why he had taken the first name that he had. He wanted to see the lands that he had read about so much. He read the stories over the years. He sighed and looked over things as the travel had started. He was questioned some when he had said where he wanted to go. When he got even on the outskirts of the land he looked around. He waved off his ride after he paid for the trip. He looked around the lands knowing instinctively that these were the lands he read about. He headed one way feeling like something was calling to him. Usually was water that would call to him. He moved along till he found what was calling to him there was a body of water, he looked around seeing no one he got down to the boxers that he was wearing and he dove into the water. It was unseasonably warm not that the water even when cold would bother him, it was like he belonged into the water. He heard a noise and looked around gods would he be embarassed if he got into trouble for something as simple as taking a dip in some water.
Ash Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Krystyna Shadow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 am

Again?
She read over the contract and let it slip from her fingers to fall down on the desk. When were they going to learn? Even in this day and age there were still some who saw Kiara Jade Connor Shadow as a threat and to that very day there were still some who thought they could go after her in whatever way they thought they would succeed. She laughed and shook her head.
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. As advanced as the world has become I suppose it should be a little refreshing to know that the village idiot has survived through the centuries.
Her eyes darted to Shane and a cocky smirk turned one corner of her mouth.
But we knew that all ready after all Shane does exist doesn't he? You know Kira is out and about, she's trailing Genna just for a little bit, routine patrol shit that they were supposed to be on tonight until it's time for the party, I'm sure she wouldn't mind being called in to do a little hunting. It would keep her from seeing more than she wants to anyway, Genna is hunting Lycan... more specifically she's meeting up with Xavier for a little alone time.
It was amusing how even though her parents lived apart, and each had there own "orders" when there was a threat to one, all answered and they all answered to the King and Queen together. Again it all went back to that damn dare where her mother threw down the challenge to her father the night he made the smart ass comment that he could run an entire organization with his eyes closed, and that had been it. The dare had been accepted and for thirty years Kiara and Losa played their game. Her mother lived at the Hall of Shadows, her father took control of Black Rose that was now settled on the far end of Pallia and yet, two were still one.
Why not just make it easy on everyone and let Kristian take a peek at this, the whole thing would be done and over with before the party even started you know that or are you really thinking of bringing this Luca Ponti here for her as a present?
Luca Ponti... why did that name sound so familiar? She thought about it for a minute then let out a groan.
Oh hell. Luca Ponti... is Anthony Geusas' brother, Anthony was working for mom. Remember he was the lawyer on the payroll that tried all those murder cases and he would feed mom the names of the guilty that were found innocent for whatever reason even though they weren't? Remember he tried getting a little too close and she had him killed for putting his hands on her? If Luca wants her, hell hand him over to her then, that's one body that will never be found and Luca will finally know exactly where his brother is now won't he?
Krys leaned over the desk and patted her fathers cheek.
By the way... Rayne and Con are on their way, he called on their way from the airport. I know it would have been easier to shadow walk and a hell of allot cheaper but you know since the invention of commercial flight, that damn elf loves to fly... might want to let Kristian know to keep his eyes in his head and his hands to himself when Orry gets here... now if you'll excuse me I have a twin who even after all this time still cannot control her hair.
She headed for the office door and stopped just to look back at her father with a grin.
Oh and Pop, I'd have a bright and shiny new car waiting for her when she gets here. Replacing Cicero would not bother her as much as having to replace that car.
Krystyna Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 am

Kiara Jade Connor!
My eyes rolled right to the ceiling, I knew as soon as he stepped foot inside he was going to be screaming like some wounded animal. Oh sure he had plenty to be upset about, this was only the third time that Losa tried to kill him. Honestly I think if Losa really wanted him dead Cicero would already be just a fading memory. If he didn't stop screaming I might just take up my husbands hobby and do the job myself. He stormed into my dressing room all muscle and rage, Cicero was not a little boy, not like some of these he-she looking things you see on the cover of GQ or some other fashion rag, why a man who looks more like a woman was considered fashionable or even appealing will always be a mystery to me. My men, yes I said men but there will always one be just one man to completely rule this Queen, are still the same way they have always been. Muscle and brawn. Muscle and brawn was staring at me from behind his reflection played off the glass of the vanity in my dressing room. I stared back at him, saw myself raise a red eyebrow... some things never do change.
You forget how to knock? It doesn't matter I'm dressed anyway as you can see, and by the looks of it you like what you see...
And why wouldn't he? If there is one thing I can say about the tides of time that we have lived through, our choices in clothing are a hell of allot broader and the backless black dress with it's dangerous neckline being held up by two thin little straps and showed off my legs perfectly was proof enough of that. Taking a quick look at myself just to make sure everything was in place I was satisfied by the way I looked and stood up from the vanity bench.
Cat got your tongue? I know what happened and I promise you, you will have your revenge as will I, if you are brave enough to take it for us both that is... I'm due to leave for Black Rose in fifteen minutes... if you plan on joining me I suggest you hurry, I'll be waiting in the Phantom...
I walked by him and stopped just to run a perfectly manicured nail down his cheek, to bring my lips close to his ear.
You forgot one thing when you were screaming my name Cicero...
My hand traveled to his throat, oh I couldn't choke him to death but I could rip that throat out so easily if I chose to.
Never forget I am a Shadow.
Would it surprise you that fifteen minutes later we were on our way to Black Rose with Cicero behind the wheel of the car I only purchased because of it's name. As soon as I heard about it I knew I had to have it. A Rolls-Royce Phantom. I don't really need to tell you why do I?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Losa » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 am

Of course I am being serious, and as for a new car for your mother that is what is picking up Ponti. I know Lex will never be able to control that hair of hers. Though she will want to look especially good tonight though she might not be there that long. I know Kristian could handle it as her brother but he and Aidan are probably trying to calm down that bitch Cicero. Next time Cicero wants to run his mouth about how he is going to bemy wife he might find a nastier surprise waiting for him. Shade is taking care of the issue of picking up Ponti just hope Ponti does not say anything stupid or the meal for your Mother may not survive. One of these days Cicero will become my male but I always did hate feeding from sissy bitches that are so big and tough but then whine like little girls.

He shook his head with a grin. He did not know Kiara had the same car that he had bought for her. But this one he had got customized and even had it repainted. This was her car and for no one else and she would know it as soon as she saw everything he had done on it.

Yes I know Shadow walking would have been quicker but you are right that damn elf does life to fly. I know Kristian needs to be reminded to behave himself. Orry is not someone to be messed with either. You know her brother will also be there making sure. Do we know yet who is coming?

After Krystyna had left he looked at Shane.

And you better not lay a hand on Lexi, after all considering who is there i might lose an advisor. As much as you know about somethings there is little that you know when it comes to my daughter. From the time she met Adam we knew it was done for, that she had found her place. Now I am telling you to back off her or I might let down the rule that keeps you from being killed. That is all.

He got ready and made sure everything was in place as far as the way she liked things. He had got dressed up knowing that he wanted everything perfect for that night. He walked to where he would wait for her.
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Orry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 am

Mom.. mommy... Ma...
Orry Shadow, whose full name truly was Oriana Mara Shadow, was coming through the grounds of the Hall of Shadows, she was in a hurry having come into Pallia on the latest flight possible and she was now running late. She still had to shower, dress, get her mane of curls under some sort of control and then she had to haul ass across the city to Black Rose. It would have been so much easier if she didn't catch that damn homicide, she was lucky she got to leave Iallia at all given the uproar it caused. Some damn diplomat had to get himself tangled up in selling the Sun... Sun was commonly known to the world as a new way to kill non humans with an aversion to daylight and a taste for blood. It was simple, the cookers found a way to harness the uv rays of the sun and implement it into a humans blood stream, whether through drugs, needles, IV's, whatever worked and all it took was one drink from a leech of any sort and said leech would be fodder on the winds. Why she had been called in to work that particular case why beyond her but Gary, her "commander- in- chief" wanted her and when Gary wanted something it was in your best interest not to tell him no. Now she was arguing with her mother who was reminding her over and over that she didn't want Orry bringing "that damn gun" to the party. Trying to get a word in edgewise was a joke.
Atara!! Stop talking for three seconds and listen to me! The damn gun is going in Uncle Losas' lock box in his office all right now please! I don't have time... yes mama... I'm at the hall or trying to get there but you keep... yes mama... I know mama...
Orry was listening to her mother but her ears picked up another sound, she was close to the Valley and from the sounds of it someone else was too. Her left ear twitched and her free hand went instinctively to the gun hidden at her side taking it from it's hiding place she switched the safety off.
Ma, I gotta go, I'll be there when I get there...
She pushed the button that would silence her mother until they were together in person and then she shut the phone off entirely. Quietly she made her way to the fall, and stepped into the clearing gun drawn. She didn't see the face yet but she saw the familiar black hair, the build and shape of the body in the water she sighed and put the gun away.
God dammit Falcon! I could have shot you! What the hell are you doing here when you're supposed to be at Black Rose?
Orry
Stablehand

Postby Kira Connor » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 am

Not a word I know I'm late, this is damn ridiculous anyway! Why in the hell would you send me out with Genna tonight knowing the first thing she was going to do was hunt down that damn animal she calls her husband anyway! Really just because the moon is hanging nice and high in the sky doesn't mean she needs a babysitter! She's dealt with him being this way for how long now?
Kira tore up the drive to Black Rose at an unholy speed, came to a screeching halt, got out of the car and slammed the door marching right up to her Uncle who was if she guessed correctly, waiting for her Aunt. She walked passed him kissing his cheek but stopped when another car came up the drive. Green eyes lit up with wicked delight and when the man behind the wheel came into full view she was already across the distance that kept them separated and she threw herself at the man without a care in the world who was around to see.
Fuck a party! I got something better to tangle with now! Five long ass weeks Lockheart! Do you know what five weeks without getting a piece of ass does to someone like me? Do you?
The kiss she had fully intended on laying on him would have to wait, another man got out of the passenger side of the car and Kira dropped down out of her husbands arms and tackled the newest arrival to the ground. Sitting on top of the man she glared down at him. Green eyes bore into green eyes.
Jonathan Connor! I ought to break your god damn neck! Not that it would do any good... if you ever go off like that again without so much as a word I swear I will kill you! Don't throw your attitude at me either I don't have a problem playing the wounded daughter card with our father... whatever piece of ass you were chasing after I hope it was worth it!
Hopping off him she grabbed hold of his wrist and pulled him to his feet, linked her arm through his and repeated the action with Errol.
Better get a move on, this damn party is almost ready to start and none of us are dressed for it... though if I have my way I won't be ready for it all... all right inside let's go.
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Ash Deamons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 am

He got out and looked at her and he ran a hand through his hair keeping it from his face.

I am sorry Miss I did not mean to intrude. I am not sure who Falcon is but I hope that you find him. I came to these lands on vacation and this water well it called to me. I am not sure if that even makes sense. I will get my stuff and go again sorry for the intrusion.

He started to gather his clothes. There was something strange that he knew he could do but was not sure if he would or should do it in front of this woman. He knew he could slip into the shadows like it was another area. He was looking at her and saw the look on her face and saw what looked like she was going for the gun. He had to get out of there he knew that so he grabbed his clothes and took off into the shadows heading for the hotel room that he had got.

This must be some messed up world we are living in if a man can not even enjoy some water.

He said this as he changed in the room into another pair of boxers feeling like he was being watched as he slipped on his clothes he reached for his gun. He had been a part of something more which was why when he started to read about them that he had a growing interest in the family of the Elite and the Outlanders. From what they had been looking at they were making sure there was nothing shady going on with drugs and the such. He had been on the task force, he had read the stories of the family and the profiles on all of them. He had felt drawn into the situation. His eyes met hers and he just kind of shrugged.

This was not the way for my vacation to start. There were things about the family that he was curious about not on a legal level but on more of a personal level. As the department knew he had no idea who he was, his name was one picked from one of the books that he read. Now he found himself wondering about the lands he was now standing on and how important it was to him to find out more about these people and this life. He had rented a room in the simplest of places it was not truly a hotel but more of an inn with a tavern. It had the same name as one in the book. He had made all the arrangements over the phone and even gave the credit card information. He decided it might be best to make his way down to get a drink. Also to see what he could find out the woman that had mistaken him for Falcon had been mistaken greatly. He sighed and went to get a drink from the bar. Could it be the Falcon from the stories that he had read so much about. With what his job was he never went anywhere without a weapon which he kept right in reach at all times.
Ash Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Shane Morizion » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am

He knew that when Losa was like that there was no getting him to think of anything other than the red head that was coming to see him. Sure he had been a little out of line with matters but there was still the fact that Losa and Kiara were the most messed up couple that he knew. They were together but not together. He shook his head and then looked around he made sure the room was ready to Losa's specifications Ponti would eventually arrive and he would make sure that he would be brought to this room that was prepared. He knew he did not have to check up on Shade but he also knew Losa's rule about his grandchildren and all He grinned as he thought about Lexi, he knew it was wrong to covet as some put it another mans wife but he did not much care about that at the moment and he smiled thinking on her. If Adam was out of the way than Lexi would be free of having to stay committed to him. He toyed with the idea many times. That is one of the reasons Adam got sent out on the more dangerous of missions. He took care of actually choosing who to send on what assignments. It had been a few months that Adam was gone and a few days since his last report in so he was starting to wonder if the man had not been killed while on the job. Not that it would bother him a bit. He would just comfort Lexi if that did happen. Then whatever happened from there happened.
Shane Morizion
Stablehand

Postby Orry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm

That was not Falcon, and if her heart was weak she would have fallen down dead right on the spot. The last damn thing she expected was for the man she could barely even question to go dipping off into the shadows. That right there had been enough to make her go chasing after him. If she had played it smart she would have used her damn phone to call her brother who would have come through the damn phone itself to get to her, but there was no time and in the back of her mind she was thinking how her mother was going to kill her for being even later than she already was, but her mother was just going to have to understand that business was business and some business could not be put aside especially when that business involved a man who was the spitting image of one of her kin. Orry having both her mother and her fathers genes was excellent at what they called hunting, she followed the mans' scent and even that almost knocked her on her ass, he smelled like Falcon... only different. Thought after thought raced through her head while she raced through the shadows and when she reached her destination she came out into the main room of the Fools Rush. A wicked grin played across her face. So whoever he was... really had no idea what he had just throw himself into. No one was surprised when Orry spilled out of the shadows, they were used to walkers coming and going like that, but there were a few who were shocked that it was her and not another of the family. Or maybe it was the fact that her gun was still out in plain sight for everyone to see that had them staring. Sheepishly, she placed it back in the holster at her side and blue eyes darted to the bar. Over the music she heard the man she was chasing some questions that did not sit well with her. Did the barkeep know anything about a gun wielding dark haired woman with a tattoo on her upper arm? She snorted, an ebony brow shot up and blue eyes locked onto the face of the barkeep who was telling the man that he really didn't have time to answer questions because he was due somewhere else and was already late. She knew what she was going to do then. She walked up to the bar and sat down right next to the man she had been hunting and slapped her hand down on the dark oak bar top.
Damn right you're due somewhere else Gage Shadow, I'm not the only one our mother is going to be tearing into this night....
Turning on her stool she looked at the man, really got a good look at him and almost fell over, her hand reached across the bar top and grabbed hold of her brothers shirt nearly pulling him across the bar.
Gage... tell me I'm not seeing things... tell me my sense of smell has gone stupid and that I am totally wrong about all of this.... fuck it....
She jumped down off the stool not giving a damn about the scene she was causing and she went behind the man whispering in his ear.
Might be healthier for you to just let me do what I need to.
She didn't wait for an answer when she ripped the back of his shirt up, seeing the gun in his waistband she took it and slid it across the bar towards her brother along with his wallet, and then she saw what she was looking for. On his right shoulder was a mark, a mark so scary similar her face paled. Two crests linked, one representing the Order of the Elite, the other... the mark of the Royal Family of Firyon and in that mark... the symbol for the Captain of Firyons Guard. Wide eyed she looked to her twin and the way he was staring back at her made her stomach turn.
Gage... get Ardis...
Her hand let go of the shirt but went around the back of the mans neck instead. Without a word she pulled them both into the shadows to a room upstairs, a room that only those connected with the family could get in and out of and she shoved him towards the bed. Her hand was resting on the butt of her gun and it was taking every bit of sense she had not to shoot the man.
Who the hell are you? You smell like kin, you have the marks of both my families on your back... you look like my kin... and you have two seconds to start talking before I blow your god damn head off!
Orry
Stablehand

Postby Ash Deamons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 pm

He was quite amused to a point by the actions of this mere woman. When she lifted his shirt he did not know what she expected to find ok so she found one of his guns and his wallet. The wallet what had the name of Ash Johnson. The last name coming from the man that took him under his wing so to speak. He reached and grabbed the other gone which was not as noticeable. He took a breath and used the shadows to take the gun from her hand. He looked at her.

Look I don't know who the hell you are but this is the second time today that you have interfered with my vacation. My name is Ash Johnson. I have no kin that I know of, and plus if I did have kin by now they would probably all be dead. After all I am not even that sure I ever had kin alive. My wallet will tell you who I am as well. I do not care what I smell like to you because all I can smell is what smells like something god's awful like someone needs to get washed up. Now what the hell is all this about?

He was looking at her intently man this woman was crazy. He had read about the whole of the family in the stories that had been brought to him while in the hospital. There was nothing for him to do but to just wait and see what this woman had in store next for him.

You do know that kidnapping is an offense?
Ash Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Gage Shadow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm

He made sure that the bar was taken care of though no one would mess with it anyways not with the securities that were set up if someone was to steal from them they would find out just how far of a reach the family had. He went to get Ardis and he knew that she would not be too happy. He knew he felt like he had seen a ghost.

Ardis, we need you at the inn now. Don't look at me like that either get off your ass and lets go. This is a matter that you need to see. And no I am not going to explain it and we better get there before Orry kills the man especially with what we have seen. I will explain while on our way.

He waited for Ardis to come he knew she would leading her back to the room.

There is this man that well he looks like Falcon. It is like looking at his twin. The thing is though well hell I will let you see for yourself what I saw. After all you would know better than almost anyone. But wait until you see this guy.

He came in and saw the scene that was going on.

Look no one is going to kill anyone this night not yet at least though I do think answers need to start coming and quick. And anything Ardis asks for better be done.
Gage Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Orry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Ash...
Keep it together Orry girl, stay calm. She repeated the name he had given her, a name that no one ever spoke for fear of causing Astrid to have a total meltdown. It was pretty hard not to be shocked and a little on edge, she was standing toe to toe, face to face with someone who looked exactly like, smelled exactly like, sounded exactly like Ash Deamons. She got over her shock pretty damn quick though when he came up behind her using the damn shadows... something else Ash Deamons could do very well... shadowwalking... and took her gun from her. That didn't slow her down though, without a word she bound him, using the god given gifts of magic, oh she was nothing like the two women she had been named after, her magics were simple, elven magics that she used only when necessary. Right now it was necessary. As soon as she was satisfied that he wouldn't be able to sneak up on her like that again she took back her own gun and set it down on the dresser. Leaning against the dresser she used all her training from both the Elite and the years she spent in Iallias' homicide division, and the years she spent on vice and in narcotics before that to keep her cool.
You don't know who the hell I am? You're in my world, on my lands and you want to stand there running your mouth at me? You don't know who I am... well then let me enlighten you....
With a cockiness that she was born with she gave a slight bow.
Oriana Shadow... Detective Oriana Shadow... and you do know it is illegal for someone to be carrying around concealed firearms unless those firearms are registered and said carrier has a permit.
She came off the dresser and moved across the room closer to him taking in a deep breath. God she had been right, and when the rest of the family found out all she could think was it was going to be one hell of a mess. For now she was just going to keep asking questions.
You should also be aware that it is against the law for a man to bear the marks of the Elite and of Firyons royal family Ash Johnson... but somehow I don't think that is going to be too much of an issue for you... answer me something, I'm curious by nature... what was it like when you were in the pool at the fall?
The door to the room was thrown open bouncing off the wall and Gage came in followed by a very disgruntled looking Ardis until Ardis saw what Orry and Gage had seen and it took everything in Orry not to fall over on the spot when Ardis Ryder didn't say a word until after she punched the one called Ash Johnson right in the mouth.
Orry
Stablehand

Postby Shade Shadow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:51 pm

His grandmother was going to be pissed though he did make sure Cicero did not get killed. He now was on a different mission working on getting this guy back in time for the party. This car was not meant to fit in anywhere not with what his grandfather did for his wife. Everything from the color of the car to the designs on it had one thing in mind which was his grandmother. Only reason he got to drive it was for the pure satisfaction of taking care of an issue. After all the times that he was not sent out this was his time to prove himself to his grandfather, his father and everyone else too. He was his father's son in a lot of ways. His mother used to tell him that a lot right down to the point where it would drive him nuts at times. He knew he was a lot like his father and that was not such a bad thing usually. Now his only thought was about who would be there at the party as well. He had a smile playing on his face as he had his own agenda for the night once he was home. He pulled up and let the man named Ponti in.

Glad to see you could follow instructions.

He looked above and all to see that his men were in place. Shade knew better than to try and take on someone like him alone. He was sure there was going to be a car that was following them but he had someone taking care of that as well. How stupid could one man be. He put down the locks on the car as they drove. This was one vehicle that he knew his grandfather would not want anything to happen to, unless of course Cicero was allowed to drive it there was now a mark on Cicero that any time Cicero was caught near Kiara that something would happen. There was always someone taking care of that for Losa. The game was an interesting one. He arrived back at Black Rose driving the car into where he was instructed by his grandfather. Then the meal was held into the seat.

Ponti you should wait here my grandfather will come see you.

He slipped into the rest of his clothes as he walked through the door. He smiled slightly and knew he would not even have to tell his grandfather he was done because his grandfather would know as soon as he caught sight of him being there. He was not one to leave a job before the finish.
Shade Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Ardis Ethrorrian » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Hell no Gage I'm not going any damn where! I've already spent half the night cleaning up the mess your lunatic of an uncle caused at Mead, half my damn security team are fearing for their lives because his majesty managed to one up them again and...
When it became clear that Gage was not going to ease up Ardis gave in. There was something in his tone that told her this was no small matter she was needed for but she almost changed her mind and headed back for Black Rose when he had her follow him to the Inn. She started to protest but he let her know this was no joke and then she saw why Gage had been so damn persistent. There in a room with Orry acting like some sort of trained guard dog, Ardis laid eyes on a man she had mourned over, had watched her twin fall into such darkness over, and her first reaction was simple. She balled up her fist and punched him in the mouth.
You bastard...
She hissed the words and was ready to take the dagger she kept on her at all times and use it to cut his throat until Orry explained to her everything she knew. That was the only thing that kept Ardis from killing Ash Deamons, and there was no mistake in her mind at all that was exactly who the man was. Taking a deep breath she didn't say a word when she cut his shirt from him. There they were, the scars from the wounds he had suffered three centuries ago, she circled him and there they were. The crests of both worlds that he had claimed as his own. She shook her head and forced herself not to react like some wishy washy bitch of a girl. Looking to Orry and Gage from behind Ash she gave them her orders.
Neither one of you are to breathe a word of this to her... not yet... don't say a damn thing to Falcon either. Orry... run a check on this Ash Johnson... I want to know everything about him that you can find... Gage... Astrid is expecting me to meet her at Black Rose, you're in charge of keeping her busy until I can get there. Both of you get ready for that damn party and act like nothing is out of the ordinary, if anyone so much as thinks that something is wrong and they come looking for me I will slaughter you both, see if I don't.
She came back around to stand in front of him and she knew she was shaking.
Orry is going to come back with everything I want to know, so it might be best for you to tell me everything about yourself including your earliest memories and what you might or might not know about water fey...
Ardis Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Ash Deamons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm

First off Detective Shadow if you would look in my wallet you would see who I am. I do have the permit for the concealed weapon. I am also part of the International Task Force which is a recognized legal entity. Which also means you just struck a member of a law organization that is higher than yours. Thirdly I do not know what you are talking about these marks. They are marks I have had since I can remember. The water no matter what water it is, is always a comfort.

He was not expecting this other woman to come out of nowhere and punch him in the mouth like that. He was rather shocked but he was also bound.

Look I do not know what your issues are but I am just here on vacation. In fact this is the place I have always wanted to go but did not have the money or the time to go. So I am not sure what you all are talking about. As I have said I am Ash Johnson of the International Task Force, which I joined once I was healthy enough. I have been a part of it for many years. That is what she will find. No one knows my real name since I turned up without knowing who I was the man that took me in had the last name of Johnson. Ash I got from some stories that I read and found that character to be the most interesting.

He looked at the woman that was standing there and the people that left.

So what is all this about? Why would these other people care about me anyways? I seriously think you people have some issues
Ash Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Corinthyalas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Will you please do something about your wicked step mother Hunter Shadow! Orry and Gage aren't here yet and she's driving me up the god damn wall!
Cori came running down the grand staircase of Black Rose like a woman running from a pack of wild dogs, she had been ready for the party for over an hour and judging by her brothers expression when he saw her in the short dress that might have dipped a little too low up top for his liking she had a feeling she was going to be marching right back upstairs to change. Never mind that she still wore less when she out hunting or that Hunter didn't have an issue seeing any other women that weren't his sisters showing off their assets. Never mind that Cori was the oldest out of them all, since the night that Payne died some fifty years before the rift between Cori and her brother had been mended and since then Hunter made it his personal mission to become her protector of sorts... her Guardian... much like their father had been to Oriana Dragonhand so long ago.
Stop looking at me like that Hunter and save me for crying out loud! I swear to god Hunter she's acting like she's been away for fifty years or some damn thing! Da's up with her keeping her um... occupied... for the time being but what in the hell am I supposed to do once he cuts her loose? All I know is your sister better be here by then! Ma's got a gripe with Orry, guess she's not all that thrilled the girl got another tattoo or some damn thing. You know for a mother who says she retired from this life and that her childrens lives are their own she sure does know plenty doesn't she? Anyway, where's Arianne? Tell me you didn't make my niece stay in Paris while the family is coming together for the first time in over a century... Hunter... you didn't did you?
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Next

Return to Shadows of Time