Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Re: Into The Shadows : Growing Pains - The Lost Chronicles

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:24 am

So once again it is all my wife's fault. Nothing she is going to do is ever going to be good enough for you is it? This is ridiculous you know that. Rayne would never do anything to hurt Cori or to purposely cause problems. Whether others agreed with the rules is not really an issue here Payne did what he thought was best. What went with what he believed also. Sitting pointing fingers and all will not help
His arm went around her waist, he was trying to stay calm. The fires danced in his eyes. His tone always steady and his voice not raised in anger but being very direct.
Rayne does not deserve to be judged like Aranor was judging her. So Rayne made a decision against what the agreement with Payne was, but Payne did not go against it. Rayne was trying to do something for Cori to give her some freedom. Rayne would never put Cori in danger. The one thing that is important to everyone is Cori and her well being. Things with Payne may or may not be ruined. All of us have gone through our own tough times, have we not? I mean just in this room think of what all we have been through. Knowing how you are can you really keep blaming her for the past when she thought it was just you being stubborn about not getting back in touch with her after she sent word of her pregnancy. So what my wife is good enough to help care for your son, but not the daughter that we all love?
He was not amused about the way his wife was being treated and he had to pause before he had even started talking to begin with because he was not going to lose his head like it seemed the males in the family had a tendency to do
Thought I have not got to speak to Payne at great lengths at all, it does seem there are rules here to protect the King as well. We all need to stop pointing fingers and actually see what we can do about things. Now until you can speak to my wife like she is a person instead of just someone to point fingers at and blame I think it is best that we go to our rooms. Ari let me know if you need any help with Brendan.
He knew losing his head would only make things worse all his words were chosen carefull all his actions carefully thought out. He waited to see what Rayne would do as he tried to lead her from the room.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:43 am

Mama...
Cori looked at her stepfather and then her mother, the spark was in her eyes and there was a slight smile playing on her lips.
Are you sure Pa doesn't have any other children in the world? I swear to the gods if I didn't know any better I'd think he fathered Payne.
At that moment Cori swore she was looking at Payne and not her step father. They had the same even keel to them, the same calmness but there was that hint of their true feelings in their eyes that anyone could see if they knew how to read what was there.
So... that's what Payne was talking about when he said there was arguing in his house... you know Aranor has been shooting his mouth off a little too much this night. And I'm the one whose being called a child?
Cori snorted then went to her mother and hugged her neck.
The only thing that you are to be blamed for is that I am spirited and in my opinion, there is no fault in that at all. Go rest Mama. And as for you...
Cori turned to Valiant and gave him her brilliant smile.
You have every right to stand up for your wife and if anyone says any different they are jackasses. Good for you for not letting her get beat up like that Pa. For the record... all my parents should have a say in this mess whether one likes it or not. Now I know you want to get your wife out of here and my Mama does need to rest before my sister... all right all right... or brother has her up and puking again.

Rayne wasn't too surprised by Cori coming in the way she did or how she let out everything without so much as raising her voice. It was a very hard time for their girl and Rayne knew that, every elf had to deal with their transition but having to deal with it in the world of men, mortals, for the most part, especially when your father was mortal, for the most part, made it that much harder. She was proud of Cori but Valiant was right, it was best they went to their room. Aranor could go straight to hell for all she cared, he really wasn't anything to her, and the only reason she tolerated him was for Cori, hell it was the only reason she tolerated Con on most days too. Making peace with Con had once been a major priority for Rayne but all of that changed when she was dropped into the lap almost literally of this mercenary who had bought her freedom then stolen her heart. She had her husband and her baby, and her oldest daughter and that was all she truly needed to be happy. Sliding an arm around his waist the elf let Valiant lead her to their room and when they were alone in their bed she stretched out along side him and propped up on one elbow so she could see his face. Her fingers traced the lines of his face and ran over the scruff coming in on his chin.
Love, I d'nay be carin' what a damn one a them thinks a me now, I have this man who makes my heart race an' my blood boil, who makes me think the most impure thoughts and has me thankin' the gods every damn day that I have his heart. Course I'd be damn lying if I said I didn't like hearing you protectin' me like that. I made a mistake thinkin' Cori could have a wee bit a time for her and Payne to themselves, I'll not think that way again. I know I don't need to thank you for defending me Astald, but thank you just the same. I promise not to put you in that position again, I know how it irks the hell out of Con and sometimes makes it worse when you come to my rescue and that's not fair to do to you.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:36 am

You do not have to worry about dealing with your Uncle he will be dealt with. No one is asking you to beg for forgiveness. What I am upset about is the fact that we were following rules that were not just my rules as much as you would like to think as such but rules of the King here It is not that I did not realize it with your Ma it is that with that happened with Rayne and before Rayne left me a bit burnt It is not just about the decisions you make it is the way you make the decisions.
He wondered just what she understood about anything that she was being told. Did she even realize these were not just his rules, he had just added to what needed to be done.
I did say that it should be someone from the family so that it would not be some strangers there with you and Payne. I thought that would be more awkward than what already has been going on. Do you even listen to things fully? The rules were put in place not just for you but because that is how Payne operates with things. It really has nothing to do with me other than I want you safe. I know you were raised right. I also know what you want, and how are you going to hold discipline and order for those under your charge if you can not do it for yourself. I think that is part of what Payne is trying to see just how much control you can handle.
He was watching Cori wondering if it all was sinking in.
Trust me I know what you are talking about not that I like the thought of things like that for you. But I have been trying to come to terms with the other things. Maybe I should not have agreed to everything now the part of the rules I did put in I will admit to but as Payne should have told you it was not all me. I know you would not rush into being a wife or a mother but part of it also comes with that things sometimes happen that makes our heads spin. You know kind of like how your Ma can make my head spin no matter what else is going on. If I did not trust you would we even be here in Firyon? Think about that
He had to smile though after all she was something else and he grinned at her.
At least it was not your Ma you walked away from I can tell you being shot in the back side is not any fun.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 am

I did not say that I take it back. It is not just your father's rules. I put in certain rules not taking you into account but for my own safety and sanity. See there were people who would think to make claims against me. So for those reasons there is a basic chaperone type clause for any that are an interest to me.
He listened to her and thought about what she was saying
I am not saying if you do not fall into line with what I want that I have no use for you. I am saying that there are certain things that I do expect..
He almost had to laugh when she knelt down in front of him.
I know my sister married into the crazy family of yours. My sister is not the cause of the unrest and normally when he is here, Aranor is not an issue either. He has slid into his role as Prince quite well usually. Yes my word is my bond. What I was saying about running is with the responsibilities you have taken on you just need to follow through on which I believe you will. Yes there is a bit of a mess to clean up you know in the time I have known your uncle I have never seen him so riled. Well see there is one thing about the ball. I agreed to go with someone and had invited the whole of her family here. But seems my home is not a place she wants to stay at. Now there will be no violence at the ball tomorrow night. I left you a present in your room but of course you have to be in the room to get it
He knew what she meant about striking down any that he chose to bring other than her to the ball. Not that he would bring anyone else the whole purpose of inviting her there was to have her go to the ball with him. He had not planned on asking anyone else. He shook his head with a smile as she took off out of the room.
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 am

Well what good of a protector would I be if i did not come to my wife's defense?
He kept his arms around her and leaned his head against her and kissed her.
Rayne there are reasons that we may not be aware of why things were done the way they were. I know that you meant well. I know that Con sometimes takes things a bit over board. I try not to get between things when it involves the elfling. But Rayne I am not going to let anyone talk to you like that. I had to hold my tongue for a moment with them for if not I could very well have shown them how cruel I can be with words, and that really is not me.
He thought about what she was saying about Con and when he comes to her defense.
I think there are somethings Con may have questions about but I will be damned if anyone thinks to act like that to you. After all I do not give a rat's ass about who they are, I will stick up for my wife anytime it is needed. Though I do know that my wife does not need me sticking up for her either but I will still do it anytime I want to. You do not have to watch what you say about things it is the others that have to watch it
He was not going to have her apologizing for saying what she thought and all. For she was who she was and she was who he married how could he not admire her still. He smiled and ran his fingers through her hair.

You know Cori is gonna be disappointed if our child is a boy and not a girl she has it in mind that it is going to be a girl. I think after four brothers she wants a sister now. Then again hasn't she always complained about all the damn boys. Well you know I do not care if it is a boy or a girl just that it is our child that we are going to raise together.

He just had to smile of course she had that effect on him even before they found out about the baby.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Corinthyalas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am

You know it might be a good idea for all of you to enlighten me now then about what the hell goes on when it concerns me and the direction I am going with my own little life. My own little life that apparently is not so much my own no matter how much I want to believe it is.
Cori snorted again then shrugged her shoulders. She was in a much better mood and when she talked there was a hint of laughter in her words and all of it was because she had gotten five minutes of Paynes time to herself without anyone else being around at all.
It doesn't really matter anymore anyway. I made a promise to the only person that it really matters I keep my word to at this point. It's a whole new ballgame now so to speak. Sorry Da, but your not the big bird in this little birds pecking order anymore. Kinda sucks when your kids grow up and start thinking for themselves doesn't it?
Sometimes she really hated that she couldn't go demon, if she could maybe then she'd be able to come down from the anger that would grab a hold of her sometimes a hell of alot quicker than she did. For all their talk of her proving herself she had yet to see any one of them hang on as long as she had been able to without blowing a gasket. Hell her own father was a right son of a bitch to deal with for months on end until Poppy finally beat him into bringing his demon out, and then things settled down for awhile.
Da don't try and make it sound like you had any say in whether we are here or not, I know my Ma and my Mama and both of them would have strung you up if this didn't happen. Don't think I don't know that my temper comes from Ma too, see I got the best and the worst of all of you and then you wonder why I am the way I am. Which when you really think about it, on most days I'm pretty damn good, you all just seem to forget that anytime I act older than you are ready for me to. As for Payne and his rules, well you know that little issue it between us and will be settled in its own time. I will say this one thing, if anyone ever and I do mean ever says one bad word against that man, Mama Rayne isn't the only one who can keep a person from running their mouths. I imagine it would be pretty damn hard for someone to speak with an arrow sticking from their throat aye?
That was all she was going to say about that, the way she saw it, what happened between her and Payne stayed between her and Payne and was no one elses business.
You do need to know that I do plan on spending time in Lorelei still, I think it would be good for me. I can still do what I need to as far as the Elite goes and... well we can talk about that later and I do mean talk about it, actually sitting down and discussing it not me being told how its going to be.
She heard two noises from different rooms then, one was her Aunt Kiara quite possibly coughing up a lung, she heard her Mama Rayne getting out of bed and telling Valiant that something was wrong with Jade, and she heard Hunter falling out of bed. She knew it was Hunter by the mumbled dammit she heard. She looked at her father while she walked to the room where her brother was at.
Your brother might be on my shit list right now for forgetting his place when it comes to my Mama but I know he's the best damn healer around... I'd get him to take a look at Aunt Kiara before Aunt Ori catches on that somethings wrong with her and all hell really does break loose around here. I'll see to Hunter Ma, you just rest while you can.
It wasn't long before Cori had Hunter in her room with her and he was jumping on her bed while she was in the bathing room changing into the warm flannel top and bottoms of her nightclothes, she brushed out her hair then came out of the room tackling Hunter to the bed, and Hunter was asking her over and over who left her the present on the nightstand.
I don't know should we find out?
Hunter was sitting up bouncing where he sat and nodding his head.
Open it Cor open it!
The small box was draped in pale blue velvet with white and pale blue ribbons, and when she opened the box a gasp slipped passed her lips. Resting inside was a golden chain and from that chain hung a sparkling diamond heart, on top of that heart laying almost diagonally was a tiny perfect sized pale blue key made up of the tiniest jewels she ever saw. She held it up and looked at it in awe then grabbed Hunters hand pulling him from the bed and out the door. She ran down the hallway and came to a skidding halt, sliding across the floor with Hunter in front of the Kings chamber doors. The guard at the door looked at her with a subtle smirk on his face and she nudged him.
Shut up Gaius, don't you ever sleep?
He chuckled a little.
Not while you are in Firyon my lady.
She rolled her eyes and just as she put her hand on the handle to open the door they were opened for her. Payne was standing in the frame and she threw her arms around his neck.
Don't you dare say a word Payne, I mean it! You cannot leave something like that for me and expect me to just smile and be on my way... Payne it's beautiful...
Hunter giggled and started snorting while he laughed.
You gonna kiss'em Cor?
Cori looked at Payne with a raised brow.
Am I? Or do these rules of yours forbid it? I'm not exactly alone you know... Hunters right here...
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:48 am

Gee Kiara I do not think this is the easy way to get your lung to come up coughing like that.
He was already mixing something up while watching her. He saw the look his brother shot him. He could see fear in his brother's eyes.
So how long has this been going on? Kiara you should know better that there is only so long that you can hide things. Now this should help you settle down for the night. Now no arguing tonight and tomorrow we will see what is going on. To keep Aidan from worrying too much we can do it while he is out hunting with Losa and Payne. Losa do not look at me like that .
He handed her the mix he tried to make it in a way that was not so bad compared to normal. He did not like the sound of her coughing.
I will check in with you in the morning. Until then that should help to suppress your cough so you can sleep.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 am

What is it with you women thinking us men are going to say anything about something
He was grinning at her as she had come to speak to him. He knew he would probably see her again and he smiled and ruffled Hunter's hair
I am not saying you should not have come. I am glad that you like it, as I had it made for you. The key to your future and what you want is in your hands.
He smiled at her and leaned in and gave her a quick kiss and winked.
Now off yo bed with the two of you. Now Hunter you keep an eye on your sister and don't let anyone too close to her ok. Now tomorrow is going to be a bit of a long day. So am I safe to assume that I will be seeing you come morning when we go to head for the hunt?
He knew that she was going to do what she wanted but he was also hopeful that she would not cause too much of a ruckus. He had a feeling that the hunt and the ball was going to be rather interesting.
I will see you tomorrow now go get some sleep and don't let Hunter be keeping you too late would hate for you to be too tired to do anything tomorrow.
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Corinthyalas » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:47 am

Maybe it's because you men always do say something?
She was a little surprised when he kissed her, it was a quick little kiss but it's simplicity is what made it so sweet and a little charming from her point of view. Hunter of course made a face and a gagging sound that would have made Cori burst into laughter if it weren't so late and people were trying to sleep. What really made her light up was when Payne put Hunter in charge of his big sister for no other reason than Hunter was now beaming and had this look in his eye that meant he was going to take his duty very seriously. Cori had no idea how seriously until he turned and walked right up to Gaius eyeing him.
You hear that Gaius? No getting to close to my sister... Kings orders...
Cori felt the heat rise to her cheeks and she took hold of Hunter by the shoulder pulling him back some.
Hunter, I don't think that his Majesty meant Gaius, after all Gaius has been acting as our guard since we've arrived in Firyon, and I would think he did it on the Kings orders.
Hunter turned around and looked at her stifling a yawn. He went to say something but Cori stopped him.
No more tonight Hunter, weren't we given other orders too? I think it's time we let his Majesty get back to whatever business he was tending to before we interrupted.
She scooped him up setting him on one hip.
Thank you again Payne, really it is beautiful and I love it. Sweet sleep your Majesty.
She kissed Paynes cheek then padded back down the hall with Hunter on her hip to her room where they settled down into bed for the night.
In the morning when she woke up Cori found Hunter laying on one arm and toes so close to her nose that she almost laughed, but she didn't want to wake the twins, she removed the covers and saw Quin sleeping with his head towards the foot of the bed and she shook her head while she carefully removed herself from the bed and went to the bathing room to get in a shower before the boys woke up. That shower was over quicker than she planned when icy cold water came cascading down the shower door right on top of her head, she let out a scream and heard the demonic laughter accompanied by the little feet that were scurrying from her room. Shutting the water off she grabbed her robe and tore off after her brothers, her bedroom door was wide opened and she gave chase to the giggles she heard from the hallway.
That's it! When I get my hands on you two!
Cori was who she was, and the people who resided in the palace were slowly but surely adjusting to her presence and even if they weren't she didn't give a rats ass she had twins to slaughter, that morning she became the talk of palace because her brothers were running wild and all she could think was they were going to mow down someone important before she caught them, and she was chasing them all over in a robe.
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:59 am

You heard Aranor last night, go on with Aidan and when you get back I'm sure the only thing either of us will have to tell is I've got a touch of the flu or some such thing. Don't worry so much Angel, everyone gets sick sometimes... everyone except for you anyway.
Kiara was making light of the morning, she knew Losa was worried, why wouldn't he be? She wasn't immune to illness like he seemed to be and anytime there was anything going on with her, he worried, it was his right to do as her husband and her King, but that morning she was trying to ease that worry so he could go with their son and have a good morning.
Aidan is already waiting for you in the court hall, and he's excited about this, it will be good for you both. Rayne has already taken the girls down to the kitchens and Payten has Bennett, so the brood are all taken care of.
Kiara heard the scream from down the hall and heard Cori yelling, she shook her head laughing.
Might want to go save Cori from whatever the boys are doing before you head out though, I don't think she's too happy with them right now and if they keep her from being able to go with you this morning, they might not make it to Yuletide. Now get on out of here Angel, I'll see you this afternoon.
She kissed him, smiled, and sent him on his way which left her to wait for Aranor, who was knocking on the door just a few minutes after Losa left.
Come on in Aranor, he's gone and thank the gods, I can't imagine you'd be able to get much done with him hovering, before you open your mouth I know it's just because he's worried, I just don't want him worrying himself sick and I really hope he relaxes enough to enjoy his morning with Aidan. So... let's get on with it and get this over with so I can go save Rayne from the Banshee.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Payne Ethrorrian » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 am

Good night Cori and Hunter sleep well,and Hunter is just doing as he was told. If he thinks the guard is a problem than he has the right to tell him that.
He was grinning at her as she and Hunter had left. He had to smile how could you not listen to Hunter and how serious he was taking the charge that he was given. The next morning he was getting ready to head out of his room when he heard the commotion
What are you two up to? Hunter did you forget you were supposed to be watching out for your sister. So what did you two do this time or do I want to know?
He laughed and lifted the twins up and looked at Cori in her robe and shook his head,
I think you might want to go get changed if you plan on going with us. I am sure your Uncle and Cousin are already out there. I will go dump these two in the other room. Let me know if anyone gives a problem. If any one decides to linger too long it will not be food that I will be hunting for
He brought the twins to the room he had set up for them with the toys and all and he walked back down to where the others would be waiting.
It seems the older set of twin terrors decided to get their sister going early this morning and harass her. She should be along soon. I hope that you all slept well. So Aidan which type of hunting are you up for?.
Payne Ethrorrian
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 am

I know that Aidan is waiting to go and I can hear that the Banshee is not too happy in her current situation. Of course I am going to worry Kiara, I would think you would understand why I would be worried. I know that you have been sick at least a week probably longer than that. I also know how stubborn you can be that this or that is more important but listen to me Kiara nothing is more important to me than the health of my family. I do not give a damn what else is going on.

He leaned and kissed her she was all that truly mattered to him, the kids and her were his world. He looked at her and his hand touched her face.

I love you Spitfire and I just want you to be ok. I know that Aranor will be here to check on you. You know if you give him too much of a problem you know who he is going to contact don't you. Though then again she always seems to know what is going on even if she is not contacted about it.

He touched her hand and was reluctant to let go. He was worried abouther but she was right the time with Aidan was important. Though it seemed whenever he was able to move forward with his son something would happen that would push them back more. He could only hope that was not going to be the case this time. He sighed and reluctantly went out and he walked up to his son and smiled.

Looks like we are the first ones out here, Then again with the way Cori was sounding I think her twin terror of brothers got her good with something. Was considering seeing what was going on.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:19 am

Aidan stood by his fathers side waiting for this cousin to make her appearance. Since they arrived in Firyon the cousins hadn't seen each other once and Aidan was looking forward to being able to spend some time with her away from her father, whats more he was looking forward to spending time with his father without the dark cloud of his uncle looming over them all. It was going to do everyone good in his mind to have time with each other that wasn't going to be tension filled or full of grumblings. Assuming that Cori could behave herself anyway.
You ever try to get in Coris way when she's dealing with the twins Pop? I'd just let'er be and do what she's gotta do.
Aidan was far from stupid, and he had a keen sense of awareness about it, he wasn't called Hawk for nothing. Something wasn't right with his father and there was a cloud looming over the gathering but it wasn't his uncle.
What is it Pop?
He didn't need to ask, not really, there was really only one thing that could generate what Aidan could see in his fathers eyes. Mama.
What's wrong Pop... is she all right? She's still got that cough doesn't she? It's been a long time now you know...
A familiar voice cut in making Aidan lift his head and his jaw hit the floor. His cousin came bouncing her way into the hall dressed in hunting gear that Aidan thought only his Aunt Rayne should ever be allowed to wear.
Aidan!
Cori came from the hallway and into the hall smiling and completely unaware of the reactions she brought out in her cousin, her uncle or the guards of Firyon assigned to them with the soft leather she wore for the hunt. She didn't see Payne yet because Aidan was the first person she had seen when she made it to the meeting place and her own mouth was handing opened at how tall her cousin had grown since the last time she really saw him.
Oh my gods Aidan...
She pulled him into a hug and just about choked at how his chin could almost rest on the top of her head.
Aidan what happened to you? How in the hell...
Aidan pulled away from her with a raised brow and at that moment Cori saw nothing but his mother in him.
It's called a growth spurt Cori, and I think I'm the one who should be asking what in the hell... Cori what are you wearing?
She looked at him a little confused.
We're going hunting aren't we?
The hell you aren't. Not in that.
She tilted her head to the side, blue eyes sparked.
This is what I wear all the time when I hunt Aidan you know that, I need to be able to move freely. You aren't worried about the cold are you? Aidan, I'm an elf we adapt to weather, the only reason I bundle up is because I like to, and so my Ma doesn't have a heart attack, you know that... what's gotten into you Aid?
Aidans eyes flickered to the King of Firyon then to the guard Gaius before they settled back on her.
I don't think you should be dressed like that right now that's all.
Cori heaved a sigh and shrugged her shoulders then smiled brightly.
Growing tall and bossy... lord help us all... it's fine Aidan...
Cori turned around and saw Payne. Her smile brightened even more and like always just because it was the proper thing to do and because Cori always saw this look in Paynes eyes whenever she did it Cori knelt down before the King of Firyon.
I'm sorry I caused a delay, as you know from earlier my brothers were in a mood and needed to be reigned in...
Rising she smiled one more time at the king then went to her Uncle slipping her arm through his.
Are we ready then?
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 am

I know better than to get in anyones way when dealing with any of the twins. Then again there are times I have to get involved cause you know our Banshee. She does not calm down for anybody once she has made up her mind on who she wants. I know that Cori will deal with her brothers without a doubt and will do so as quickly as possible. She would not miss going out on an outing with Payne for anything I have the feeling there will be plenty of outings with the two of them.

He stood there and he reached to ruffle his son's hair some and just grinned at him. It had been awhile since he was able to spend time with Aidan.

Yes she still has the cough she keeps telling me it is nothing and all but she is going to let your Uncle check her out. You know how stubborn your mother is though. I know it has been a long time I also know that she has been hiding it from me. She knows though that it needs to be checked out

He stood with his son listening to him and then saw what Coi was wearing that Aidan had commented on. He shook his head looking at her. When she slipped her arm through his.

Cori Aidan is right what were you thinking wearing that? You really think that is appropriate? You do not always wear such revealing things and you know it. Not sure what you are trying to do Cori but just think on this it is the person not the clothes that matter. Just keep that in mind and keep in mind if the King of Firyon is what you want about keeping along something that would not bring the wrong idea to others

He kissed his niece on the cheek and smiled slightly he knew the main thing with her was the fact that she was all her parents rolled into one whether they were blood or not. He had to grin slightly and he shook his head.

Just waiting on word from the King if we are ready or not as this was his idea and I an not sure what we are hunting as of yet..

A memory came to mind for him of when Kiara was his "charge" and Cole had her dress a bit off compared to normal. He had to grin because when he mentioned the clothes all she said was that they were clothes. His mind slipped back to reality when the King of Firyon said something about others keeping their eyes in their heads and their hands nowhere near her.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:29 am

That's where you are wrong Uncle...
Cori could not believe what she was hearing. Did her uncle really think that she was dressed the way she was because of Payne? Truth was Payne hadn't even been a thought when she dressed for the morning and she let them all know as much.
Look. Let's be real here. I'm probably the best one here with a bow, and the truth is, my accuracy is off by an eighth of an inch when I'm bogged down with more material than necessary, could you imagine how off it would be if I were bundled up? I'm not having that. Not if we are actually going to hunt. I've had this same talk with my Da and Ma, and my Ma knows when I do serious hunting this is what I wear. It's for functionality and no other reason.
She looked up at her uncle and shook her head then turned to her side slightly showing him the small pack she had with her.
And when I hunt I always carry extra clothing with me so when it's over I can change into something more suitable for everyday wear. You know I don't waltz around dressed like this everyday so maybe just maybe you can take my word for it that this attire serves a purpose. I don't like my aim being off. Payne no one is going to lay a hand on me because they know I can shoot their damn fingers off if I chose to, besides there is nothing to look at anyway. Now if you all want to stand around here and debate my clothes you are more than welcomed to but I was told we were hunting this morning and that is what I intend on doing. I'll be leaving in five minutes.
With that being said she made her way outside to the horses waiting for them, they were going to use the horses to reach the outskirts of the area of the woods that they were going to be hunting in then tether them to the trees in the area where they would return to once their excursion was over. As soon as she secured her pack to the white horse that was hers for the morning she hoisted herself up and waited for the rest of them to join her.
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time