Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

A lone figure walked the floor of the Great Hall taking in every renewed detail, colors from the restored portraits hanging on the walls popped catching her eye, making her think that if she tried hard enough the figures in the frames would spring to life. How she wished it so. So much work had been done and there was still so much to be done, but the Hall needed to be completed before anything else could happen. What she sought most had yet to be found but they were close, the Manor had been discovered just a short week ago and the excavation was under way. She prayed each night since the first black bricks had been uncovered that the true prize would be hidden within the walls somewhere....

Alistars own arrogance was always his greatest flaw, and he proved that yet again with his reaction to Ilianas request for just two days to make sure that her plans were in place properly. She hadn't really expected him to agree to the time frame so it was no surprise when he denied her. As black as she knew his soul to be what had taken her by surprise was how he went and stood behind her then wrapped his arms... her uncles around her waist in a way that was too intimate, too wrong on so many levels but she could not allow herself to react the way she wanted to. She had a part to play and if she did not play it well, did not keep up the charade so much could and would be lost, and she was not going to fail her great family.
Of course master... given this new information concerning the body you have claimed for the time being... I will put my plans in motion tonight. I apologize, had I known of the situation I would not have asked for so much time.
Gently she started to remove his arms when she really wanted to break them but she could not do that to her uncles body no matter how sick her stomach had become.
While it is true that my own ambitions and hungers drive me my only concern for now is making sure that you have what you want master... I am not stupid and I know once I prove myself to you I will be rewarded however you see fit. If that includes giving me James Kensington as a plaything well who am I to refuse?
Her entire body flooded with relief, she sighed inwardly when she was out of those arms. Iliana faced Alistar again keeping her focus on his eyes because when she looked at those eyes they were not her uncles eyes as they should have been and that helped to keep her steady.
One plan at a time master... we do not want to get too ahead of ourselves, much like my sister will be dealt with so too will the realm of Iallia... now if you have no further need of me I have much to do and wish to get started.
Last edited by Iliana Shadow on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand

Re: Shadows Through Time : The Time of the Souls

Postby Kira Connor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Bennett I love you but if you do not stop and listen to what I am telling you I am going to kill you my damn self...
Kira was becoming angry, not at her cousin really, it was more over the situation they were in and the damn nobility that had been pounded into her cousin since his birth. It wasn't his fault that he had the mindset he did. No one was to be left behind but he should have known better, they all knew that sometimes it was necessary to carry on without someone.
I don't think they know what she can do Bennett, all she has to do is turn... getting through these walls should be easy for her, they know you can do it so they probably have some sort of spell in place to keep and Cori from doing what you can do... something that would keep you from doing it but why would they have anything like that for Krys? All you need to do is get outside dammit and you can run Bennett.
She hoped he knew what she meant by running, it made no damn sense to her for them to sit like waiting ducks to be found shouldn't they at least try to reach outside? When Bennett crouched down next to her she jerked away from him and let out a yelp, hell she felt like she was fire and she wanted it to end but not by Bennetts hand. She saw that look in his eye and on his face and she slapped his cheek, not too hard but enough to get his attention.
Don't you dare... we don't know how they have this room rigged so to speak, I would think that they would be more inclined to have this room protected against magics than anything and Bennett it takes a toll on the body even if it would work. I'll be fine. Bennett be reasonable... I'm the wounded horse you have to listen to me on this, you want to take too many risks that are unnecessary and I'll not have it. Prince or no Prince I am still older than you and I forbid you to worry about me or to try and play the hero for me do you understand me. Hell kid, I've been in tougher scrapes than this. If a flock of vampires couldn't kill me... these bastards won't.
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 pm

He grinned listening to his student he also noticed how she did not pull away from him He took her hand and grinned at her.

You need to realize something, Iliana there will be no turning back from this. That your family will never accept you again. It is a shame that I am stuck in this body. We could have some fun otherwise but I am sure that you would not want to with your uncle’s body or am I wrong?

He let her go so that she could go take care of the meeting with her allies. He grinned and just waited. He wanted to go check on things with Jason but he could not do it. He sighed and then just sat there he had sent for his daughter so that he could talk to her like Kiara had told him that he should.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Bennett Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:35 pm

He knew he was going to do something when the time came that was going to piss his cousin off. He knew one thing though she may be older but he could pull rank in two forms the fact that he was crown prince of Pallia and that he was in charge of the elite with Aidan. Aidan was more the forefront in the elite. She was right she was wounded but she was wrong about something he was not going to leave her behind. He went and leaned up against his big sister which was kind of funny since he was actually bigger than her. He whispered to her.

Kryssy you need to do this you need to get us out of here, only you can do this part of it.

He went to Cori and he whispered to her.

Once Krys does what needs to be done get out of here and take Carter with you into the shadows and do not look back. Get back to Firyon. We will be fine I will just be moving a little slower because despite what she says I am not leaving Kira behind.

He moved into position to wait for Krys to do what needed to be done he knew the moment that she started to change he would do what he needed to do to put Kira to sleep he may not be as big as Aidan but he knew as soon as he could switch it would be nothing to carry her through the shadows. He just had to play the waiting game until it was time. He took a breath and then just waited sitting near Kira.

You know if you go home looking like hell Errol is going to have to take care of you
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Corinthyalas » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Leave her be Bennett, she's just thinking like Kiara would and how she was taught to think...

Cori hissed the words that came from her mouth, there were sounds coming from outside of the room again and if anything they did let on that they were up to something Cori did not want to think of what could happen. They could all be separated at any given moment, didn't Kira or Bennett think of that while they whispered their plans. Sitting with her back against the wall, her knees drawn up to her chest the half breed daughter of Condrik Shadow and Raynalia Panton closed her eyes feigning sleep, listening to everything around her. How many times did her mother and Aunt Kiara tell her that there was so much in the world to see, if people would just stand still long enough to close their eyes and just listen? Granted Coris hearing because of the elven blood running through her veins was more astute than others but even she knew sometimes she didn't hear everything because the world around her was so active, because she was so active. It struck her as odd that there was so much going on right outside the door but no one had opened that door yet... and then she heard why. The vampire claiming to be a Connor and the King of Hallia were in a heated argument over Carter and Kira. Jason wanted to take Carter from... come on Cori silently urged... say it... just say it... and there it was... as plain as the gods damn light of day! They had been being held right under everyones noses! Aquamarine! No one would have thought to look for them in a place that was meant to be a safe haven and had served as a second home to Cyranda Jane and Stryder for years! The Elite would all be out in the world searching everywhere but the most unlikely place! The argument went on and still Cori did not move she just listened.

How much longer do you think that Kiara and her Elite will be kept at bay? They are running out of options and time and I will not have her taken now... not after the two years we have put into planning this... we need to move them all... tonight.

Move them? Are you daft? Just how do you propose we do that?

Perhaps you should have thought of that before you allowed the Connor woman to live... and before you decided to alter Alistars plans without consulting anyone! What were you thinking you were going to accomplish taking Kira Connor in the first place?! I swear to the gods night walker if your little escapade causes any trouble...

There isn't going to be any trouble... I am going to deal with my sister... and I am going to enjoy watching my brother and how he is going to suffer knowing he could not save her...

The rest of the conversation was cut off when the door was thrown open, Coris eyes snapped open and the vampire woman entered the room. What happened then would haunt Cori until the day she died. Lindsey crossed the room and with one hand lifted Bennett by the throat, the other went around Kiras throat, Bennett was tossed to the ground like a rag doll and Kira was glaring at the woman with green fire shooting from her eyes. From the bed there came a sound... it started out as a low growl that got louder... Lindsey was too preoccupied with Kira to noticed but Jason heard it and his eyes darted to the bed then to Carter. In the blink of an eye the entire room exploded into chaos. Jason grabbed Carter by the arm and jerked her off the floor, Carter in turn balled up her fist and punched him in the throat then grabbed him by the hair with both hands and brought her knee up hard in between his legs. At the same time Krystyna came up off the bed looking nothing like Kryssy at all, the demon had finally come out and Cori thought she was just as ugly as Losa and just as scary as Poppy, Bennett was up and lunging at Lindsey and then it happened. The very thing that made Cori start screaming at the top of her lungs. Before Bennett could reach the vampire, they all heard a sickening cracking sound combined with a small cry that came from Kira and then Kiras body went limp as it was dropped to the floor. Krystyna went haywire, that was the only way it could be explained. The woman in her demon form swatted Lindsey across the room like she was swatting at a fly then tore through the wall like it was nothing. Bennett had Kira off the floor in his arms and was going through that wall and Cori followed with Carter who was practically running Cori over in her own haste to get away. As soon as her feet touched ground untouched by magic she was tearing through the shadows racing for Pallia and screaming for the only person she knew she could depend on to find her in those shadows before the shadow stalkers that were surely going to be sent out after them caught up with them.

Cori was screaming for Aidan.
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Postby Alexis Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 am

Alexis was trying to do what Adam told her to, but what he was doing to try and get her to relax was not helping at all and she pushed him away from her with a scowl on her face.
Just how do you think that is going to help Adam? All that's going to do is get me riled in another way... I know you are trying to help believe me I'm glad for it too but how am I supposed to concentrate on anything when your making me think things I shouldn't be thinking right now.
Poor Adam, he had been trying so hard and under normal circumstances Alexis would not be having to fight so hard to keep herself from going over the edge that would cause her to rebel in ways that could do real damage to any plans her mother and father had in place, and that was a risk she was not willing to take. Her twin was still missing and her brother, Bennett was just the latest victim in what was starting to feel like a war. Flopping back down on the bed she closed her eyes and for what felt like the hundredth time she tried reaching her sister, when a voice so warm and oh so familiar cut through her thoughts she was shocked into sitting up. Her blue green eyes stared straight ahead while the voice spoke in her head.
Lexi listen to me you have to be calm and remember this. Krys and I are ok we are with Carter, Kira and elder's elfling...
Alexis knew there had to be more but whatever else Bennett was going to tell her was lost when there was a knock at the door and Alexis was informed that the King wanted to see the Princess. Right away she was on her feet, her parents needed to be told about what she had heard.
It isn't morning yet Adam... come with me please... I heard Benny... I heard him and he told me they were okay...
Of course he wasn't going to deny her, he never did so they went from Black Rose to the Hall, when they reached the council room Alexis opened the door to see Iliana moving away from her father, it was a little odd to Alexis because Iliana never went to the King for council on anything and whats more, the way her father was looking at her cousin didn't sit right with Alexis, but she attributed that to the stress they were all under. When Iliana walked by Alexis she simply nodded her head in passing.
Have a good evening cousin.
Alexis returned the slight nod and went inside the council room with Adam beside her. As pressing as the news she had for her father was Alexis couldn't help but question about Iliana. It just felt wrong in the room and that was part of the reason she held her tongue about her brother, she thought maybe it would be best if she talked to her mother alone as soon as she was done with her father.
Is everything all right father?
Alexis always addressed her father the proper way whenever she was speaking to him front of someone who wasn't "family", although Adam was her family, her father did not know that.
Iliana? Is she all right?
Alexis Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 am

You need to realize something as well master, long before you knew me, I knew who I was... what I was... this path that I walk... I have walked the whole of my life and the whole of my life I was never accepted until they my family thought I was becoming what they wanted me to be. Theirs is not the acceptance I seek my lord.
The longer she was alone in the room with Alistar the more disgusted she was becoming and she hadn't thought such a thing was possible until he implied that he would have taken her to bed were it not for the body he was in, and then for him to suggest that maybe he was wrong in his thinking, almost made her set him on fire, but as she reminded herself over and over, she had a part to play and that kept her from acting out. With a slight grin Iliana leaned up on her tip toes close to his ear for no other reason than she couldn't bear to look into the face of her uncle even though she knew it was not his soul that guided his body and his actions, it was still her uncles face, knowing that odds were, her uncle was in all probability gone from the world.
The body is just a shell you realize this as do I... were it not for the tasks awaiting me... I would let you learn for yourself whether you are wrong or not.
The first thing I am going to do when this is over, she thought, is cut my tongue out. Speaking those words to Alistar in her uncles body was probably the most difficult thing she had to do since the time of her test but from her way of thinking those words would further help convince Alistar that she was truly his to with as he wished. The door to the council room started to open and Iliana moved away from him just as Alexis came into view. Oh gods, Iliana thought, how much did she hear? How much did she see? Thankfully it seemed that her cousin knew nothing, had heard nothing and Iliana chose that moment to make her exit. She walked with black robes rustling passed her cousin and bid her good evening, she kept her even pace until she was down the hall and away from the council room then broke out into a run to Orianas tower where she hoped to find her father waiting for her, where she hoped that the snake... Vittorios twin... Taltos that she had hidden in the folds of her robes had seen and heard all which in turn would have allowed her father to see and hear all through Vittorio.
I don't have much time... I need Xavier... but I wanted to be sure that...
Ilianas charade crumbled when she saw her father, her eyes welled with tears and she was shaking. She took a deep breath and calmed herself, she had to stay calm, focused, steady.
I'm all right. Please, please just tell me you found my uncle and you can get him back where he belongs before Alistar expects me to...
Iliana couldn't finish the sentence, the thought was too horrifying.
I need to know where we are so I know how to proceed with this matter...
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 am

He heard her and he sat straight up not caring about what rules were laid out for him. He knew he could find them but he was not stupid either. He knew that going in on his own would be a problem his cousins were all gathered close by as were their parents. He started yelling out names as he headed for the shadows starting with Elders name and ending with his cousin Cole. They all went tearing into the shadows he led the path right to Cori, Bennett who was carrying Kira, Carter and his sister who was in demon form. Their shadowwalkers tried to get at them but they managed to push them back then return to the Hall of Shadows which Aranor had started to protect with more magics. He stood there with those that had come home and he took Kira from Benny brining her to Errol. He knew Aranor was busy and that Adam was with Lexi so he knew Errol was the logical choice to bring her to. Besides that he knew Errol was someone he could trust with his cousin. He brought her to him laying her gently on the bed. He also knew something was up with his father he was not sure what so he was not about to let him know that they all had returned. He knew sometimes they had to go on instinct about matters, and he did send someone through to let Jon, Phillip, Genna and Noble to come back. He was not surprised when Jon came back looking like Hell. Jon was asking where Kira was, and if she was ok. He had to tell his cousin what it was that he saw and knew. He knew that Errol was going to do what he could but even he said that the injuries done would not be something that could be easily fixed. Benny did not understand at first why they could not let their father know that they were back safe. He saw Elder scoop up Carter and he just had to grin as he saw his cousin Cori. He knew his sister made one damn ugly demon though. He moved to his sister and put his hand on her shoulder speaking to her.

Krys you all are home now, it is ok to switch back now there is no one coming after you at the moment.

He heard Elder going over with Carter and Cori making sure that they were ok. He made sure Benny was ok but now the concentration was on Krys and getting her to get back to being herself. If Rhone saw her that way well he did not think Rhone would find her that beautiful in that form at all.
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Corinthyalas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:39 am

Pallia was the most beautiful place in all the world to Cori at that moment, the instant Aidan came through the shadows and found her she knew that everything was going to be all right, that they were going home and whatever damage had been done would be undone. But then she remembered Kira and the sound her neck made, the sound that came up from her throat as it was broken. Her grandfather, Poppy, had his hands on her turning every which way barking at her to stop slapping his hands away that he had to see for himself there wasn't a mark on her and normally Cori would stop and listen but she was still overwhelmed by everything that had happened, how fast it all took place, and how one minute Kira was a little beaten up then in less than the space of a heart beat... gone was the regal Queen of Firyon and in her place stood little Cori Shadow, mouth running and all.
Will you stop touching me Poppy! Make sure Carter is in one damn piece! No one laid a hand on me but Jason sure as hell couldn't keep his hands off her!
Without realizing it Cori had just given them a piece of the puzzle by telling Poppy about Jasons roaming hands, she didn't even think about it because she was too busy throwing herself at Aidan and covering his face with the same light airy little girl kisses she used to give him when they were small. She was rambling and she didn't care, it's what she did when she was scared and she had never been so scared in her entire life and until she could see Payne again, she needed Aidan.
Aid! I knew if we got free and I called you, you'd come! Is she dead? Tell me Kira isn't dead... for gods sakes Kryssy change already you're going to scare someone to death looking like that! You heard me Hawk, I cannot believe that after all this time... you can still hear me... Aidan I thought... I mean... did you know that Lindsey is Kira and Jonathans sister!? The hell if I knew that! Kristian had a bastard baby! Oh my gods... do you know what your mama is going to do when she finds out?!
Cori refused to let go of Aidan and if anyone said anything to her about it she was going to bust them right in the mouth, she was grown now and she would be damned if anyone tried to separate from him like they were always trying to do when they were little.
Corinthyalas
Stablehand

Postby Toras » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:54 am

When his elfling made the comment about Jason the growl formed in his throat he did not realize just how loud of a growl was coming from him. She went from him to Aidan which he expected as he was checking over Carter. Gods be damned he did not care that Jason was the leader of any damn kingdom but the hells would freeze over before Toras would ever forget the words his elfling spoke about Jason and his wondering hands. He was checking over Carter and he looked to Aidan.

Cori you all really have to let your father and your husband know you are back I have never seen your father looking like he has been. I have not seen him this angry even when Ariela was lost to him. I do not think it is going to take much more to drive him over the edge. And Payne well let me tell you shows that the quiet ones are the ones you have to worry about when they are mad.

He was not letting Carter get too far from him not at all. He knew that Kiara would be relieved once she found out her children were home. But from what he saw of Kira he did not think that she was going to be right anytime soon. He was ready to go on a murderous rampage himself. That Jason thought to take and touch the woman that was his, well Jason signed his own death warrant there. Did they really think he was just going to sit back when he found out what happened.
Toras
Stablehand

Postby Errol Lockheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:30 am

He started working on her as soon as Aidan brought her to him, he knew he could not magically fix everything that was wrong. There were somethings that just were not meant to be fixed any other way than naturally. Benny had followed Aidan telling Erroll what it was that happened to her. It gave him some place to start in helping her. He had to at least make her more comfortable. He leaned and kissed the top of her head. He spoke to her and he tried not to show the worry that he had for her.

Well you told me you were going to come back to me in one piece, but you did not tell me you were going to come back with so many broken pieces.

He was trying to keep it light and tease her a little. He was not trying to show her how truly worried he was about any of it. He knew that from first look this was not going to something that was going to be easily fixed. His Kira was laying there in a way that Errol knew something was wrong her was not getting on his case either. He swore if he got his hands on who did this well was not normally known as the violent type but they went too far with what had happened.
Errol Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:54 am

What your family offers you is not true acceptance not like I have for you. After all this time they still do not know you well enough to know that you can not be anything than what you are. We may have to play later than pet. It may be interesting to find out later.

He had watched her leave and saw Lexi come in.

Alexis your mother wanted me to make sure that you were ok and not going to do anything stupid. She was afraid of your going over the edge after finding out about Bennett. I think she is wrong to worry herself just because you are not made of stone like your brother Aidan does not mean that you are just going to fall apart because this family has come under attack again.

He was looking at her and studying her trying to read anything from her that he could. He was not sure what she knew but he wanted to see what he could learn from her.
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand

Postby Aranor Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:05 am

I have not been able to locate him yet but I think Alistar's study is going to be the key at least I hope so. I know this is not easy for you Iliana I have heard some of what he talks about. Just do what you have been doing, and I will be doing all that I can.

He hugged his daughter and looked at her with a wink in his eyes as he saw the attention of his brother come to where they were he had already moved from hugging her.

How dare you Iliana Shadow lie to me then try and act like it is nothing. How can you stand there telling me that you broke your vow to me, and to the gods. Just because things with you and James did not work out. Anyone ever tell you that you are too stubborn for your own damn good. You are no daughter of mine if you can not keep your word. A person is only as good as the person that makes it. Obviously the only thing you are good at being is datk hearted.

He shook his head in his disappointment for show. He had waited for Kiara to return they had to figure out their next move.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Kira Connor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 am

The last sound Kira Connor made was not words but a cry, more like a yelp, and the last sound to reach her ears was the sound of her neck snapping in the hands of the vampire that claimed to be her sister, that claimed to be Jonathans sister. Jonathan only had would ever have only one sister and Lindsey was not it. So it is true she thought, breaking someones neck is the fastest way to kill them. This is what she was thinking while she watched from above everything happening, it was almost amusing to her seeing her cousins running the way they were... hell Aidan was fast and damn could Cori scream, it was even more funny seeing Carter nearly running Cori down trying to get out of the room where they had all been held captive. What was not funny was seeing Krystyna in all her demon glory, Krys really did take after her father in that area. It was while she was watching her family that she felt herself being pulled backwards like someone had taken a rope, tied it around her waist and was forcing her to move. She found herself immersed in darkness and then just as suddenly as she had been pulled back she was sitting on a tree stump near a creek that she knew from a life she had once lived. A warm breeze blew through her hair making it dance behind her.

I thought you gave up trying to get yourself killed Scarlett...

The deep warm voice reached out to her wrapping her in its richness at the same time that arms, strong arms that she used to lay in at night, that would circle around her while she took clothes down from a line or when she was standing at the stove, circled around her again. Arms that she thought she would never feel again held her tenderly. Tears were not shed often in Kiras world but she was no longer in her world and they formed in her eyes spilling silently. She brought one arm up to settle on the arms around her. Swallowing the lump that formed in her throat she knew then without doubt that she was dead and in some ways she was glad for it. Her life had not been an easy one, some of the hardships she had survived were of her own making but some were created for her by the acts of others, who was to blame didn't really matter, she was finally going to find peace.

I wasn't trying to get myself killed... this time.

Those arms pulled her up from the tree stump and to her feet then turned her around. For the first time in so many years gone by Kira was looking into the face of the man she had called husband, the man who had been the father of her child. Brady was looking at her the same way he would when he caught her practicing with her daggers and he would tell her if she needed to return to the Elite that they could build a life there just as easily as they had built their life in Bristol. And she would tell him that she had no life in Pallia and did not need to go back... that she had all she needed, and then he would fold her up in his arms and look at her like he knew her better than she knew herself and then he would say exactly what he saying now.

Well.. I don't know if I can believe you love... you are a trained liar after all... but I suppose I can believe you just this once...

She looked into his face and saw every reason she ever loved him, why she had mourned so hard and why she had gone on her death quest after she lost him.

Brady Jesik is this the part where I fall on my knees and thank the gods you believe me... just this once?

His answer was to claim her mouth with his own for a kiss that shook her to the core of her being and when he moved away from her she suddenly felt cold.

No Kira Jade Jesik this is the part where I make you stop and realize that there is a world out there waiting for you... that you have to take that world by the balls and don't let anything stop you from living... you have to know Kira... it's all right. I know how you loved me when we were in the world as one, and I know how you love me still but you have to know it is all right to love again... to live again. I have watched you everyday since the night death parted us and you do not know how many times I wanted to be able to reach out, to keep you from hurting yourself the way you were. Oh and just so you know and understand... if I had been able to... the world would be without quite a few men... especially that Ryder boy... Kira what were you thinking with that one? Wait... don't say a word I am not done finished with you yet do you understand me?

Wide eyed Kira could only nod her head, when he talked like that she knew she had been put in her place and she was to stay there until she was told she could move.

I don't ever want to look in on you and find that you have lost your mind again. If I could I would thank that Lockheart that you seem so fond of now. It's a good thing Kira, I think he is good for you and I'm telling you it's all right. I see how you look at him sometimes and I know it won't be long before he stand where I once stood, please Scarlett do not make me keep repeating myself and stop trying to interrupt. I mean it when I say it's all right. You will be all right. It won't be easy and Kira there will be some changes that you are going to have to adjust to until everything becomes right again... but in the end you will be okay. Do you understand what I am telling you Kira... it is not your time.... you have so much life left to live and you have too much love to give. I know I will always be in your heart love, and you are always in the world I have created here for myself so do not cry over me anymore Kira, do not let me be the reason you are afraid to do anything more than what you have allowed yourself to do so far... you are better than that and deserve better. Now...

Brady covered her eyes with his hand, she felt his warm breath against her skin.

Live Kira. Laugh Kira. More than anything love Kira.

Kira woke with a gasp, she could not feel anything from the waist down and could only feel small sharp tingling little pains like one would feel when their foot fell asleep. She looked around her and knew she was home, in Pallia and then she saw the bright blue eyes looking down at her trying not to show worry or fear, she heard the teasing tone in the voice that spoke to her. Wetting her lips Kira swallowed hard, a stern look came over the features of her face and she whispered hoarsely.

Who the hell... survives a broken neck?... The gods must love you if they want to keep me here Lockheart... it's going to be all right Errol.
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Carter Christopher » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:07 am

Toras Deamons are you really standing there lecturing your elfling about how she needs to let her parents and husband know that she is alive? Are your arms and legs broken so that you couldn't run and tell them? Hasn't she been through enough? Hell the girl just got home...

Carter had never seen anything as dangerously beautiful as the man who was all but stripping her down right there in front of everyone just so he could make sure that she all right, and when he heard Coris mouth running she thought maybe it might have been safer for her to stay locked up in a room until the wrath of the demon had passed. When Toras looked the way he was looking now it was best not to say anything or make any sudden movements but she just couldn't help what she did next. Aidan had talked his sister down from her demon rage and Krystyna was starting to change back to her human self, which mean the girl was going to be ass naked and she didn't want Krys to have to deal with that on top of everything else so without much thought at all Carter stripped Toras' shirt from him knowing it would cover Krystyna completely. While she pulled the shirt over Krys, she kept her eyes on Toras.

Damn demon daddy you sure are a sight for these eyes let me tell you! I don't know what in the hell Jason was thinking... like I'd ever leave all of that for the likes of him... there you go Kryssy, all covered... Aidan, she needs to rest right? Maybe you could take her to Rhone? I think he'll be happy enough when he sees her to stop walking holes all over the floors, Cori untangle yourself from Aidan so he can see to his sister... Bennett... get your behind to your wife and let her baby you like a good wife should after their husband has come home from a damn war like the one we were in ... Cole will you please let your sisters mother and father know that Cori is home and that Payne needs to be told... Toras and I will take her to the inn...

Realizing that she had just taken over Carter looked down the ground then back up at Toras with a slight smile on her face.

That is if that's all right with you Toras?
Carter Christopher
Stablehand

Postby Errol Lockheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:14 am

Well who the hell survives a broken neck well maybe one of the most stubborn women I have ever met. I know you want me to believe everything will be ok but I am a healer I know some of the damage done. I need to check you over Kira see just what kind of damage there is truly. I can not fix this, I wish I could. But messing with certain things just is not good. I know you do not do well laid up either.

He knew he had to check her over but right then all he could do was look at her. He knew her recovery was going to be a hard and long road. But he knew right where he was going to be during it all was with her. He reached for the glass of water making sure he got her carefully sitting up so that she could drink some. He sat with her and his hand touched hers and he sighed slightly. He hated seeing her like this.

I am thankful that something be it the gods or what likes me so much. I would rather not see you in pain though. I know all of this is not going to be easy for you I wish I could make it easy for you. After all you have already had to go through with things. No one told me what happened care to tell me?

He was able to assess things easily but the fixes for what was wrong were not easy sure he could fix some of them but he could not fix the problem with her neck it was way too tricky for anyone to really deal with. He kissed the top of her head.

I know you probably don't want to hear this right now Kira but I love you and am going to do all that I can for you.
Errol Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Toras » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:33 am

I am a bit busy here Carter. Jason is going to regret the day he touched what is mine. Elfling do you hear this woman of mine taking over and running her mouth like she is one of you. See told you she would fit right in. I think what you said is right, and I am sure Rhone really does need to see Krys as soon as possible he went to go after that Kyle boy and had his sister not stopped him Kyle would probably be buried by now. More is going on here than can be properly explained. Kiara will need to be told that her children are home.

He was let in on some of what was going on so he knew his godson was not himself. When were these people going to learn that there was nothing that was going to ruin them all totally. He knew that they would find a way to get Losa back. He was not sure how it was to be done but he was sure that they would. Kiara would not rest until her husband was back whole. He was holding onto Carter and when she had mentioned about the Inn he shook his head.

We are staying here at the Hall as is Cori until she is able to be brought home. We can not risk letting her use the shadows without people accompanying her as we know they have shadowwalkers on their side. Also we know at least one vampire which means I am sure there are more. We will send word to Payne though that his wife is safe and I do not think that anything is going to keep him from coming to claim his wife.
Toras
Stablehand

Postby Kira Connor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:44 am

Errol stop..
Kira knew he was going to wear himself out trying to take care of her and he was going to overload his brain trying to keep from her the truth she somehow already knew. Maybe it was when she was in the inbetween as she called it and had seen with her own eyes how she looked when her body was brought back to Pallia or maybe it was just because she knew her own skin well enough to realize what was truly wrong.
I can't feel anything from the legs down... Lindsey broke my neck but that idiot couldn't even do that right. You know I told Dominic it was a good thing she was so damn stupid... she's my sister you know. Yeah I know, I didn't know it either until she told me and I believe her Errol... I mean have you ever really looked at her? I guess my father didn't want to have anything to do with her or her mother and she spent years waiting for her revenge. Like Jonathan and I had anything to do with what our father did... stupid ass. I know there is only so much you can do Errol, it's a damn miracle I can sit up at all, that I can even breathe. What I am trying to tell you is, I know whats wrong with me... I don't know how I know, I just do and I am telling you Errol... it's going to be all right. It is going to take time and it isn't going to be easy but I know I'll walk again... some day. You don't think I'm going to let something like this slow me down do you?
She laced her fingers through his and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. Her near death experience had enlightened her to so much that she hadn't really been aware of, but when she saw Brady and listened to him, she felt like a great weight had been lifted from her yet again, only this time that weight was gone completely. She didn't have any residual guilt or feelings of self destruction, in an odd way she felt calm, peaceful being there with Errol beside her, more than anything she felt loved even though she should have been full of anger and bitterness over what happened. She knew she had to stop letting her guilt and anything else she might have been using to keep her from the truth of all that Errol had become and she knew it was time to do exactly what Brady wanted her to do and what she wanted and needed to do for herself.
I'm not in pain Errol, not really, I might be a little sad that I won't be kicking anyones ass anytime soon but I'm okay because I know I'm being looked after by the best healer I know... and I know he's going to do everything possible to help me because he loves me... and maybe I might love him too... just a little.
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Alexis Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:03 am

Alexis was set on edge when she and Adam were alone with her father and he ignored her question about Iliana. Instead he went right into talking about her mother and he didn't make a move towards her when Alexis' knew her father well enough to know that he would have been up from the table and bringing her into a hug calling her Banshee and telling her that everything was going to be all right. He didn't do anything like that and just looked at her like he was studying her waiting for some kind of reaction from her. What in the hell was going on? Now more than ever she was glad to have Adam there with her because he would be able to tell her once they were alone again if she was just being overly sensitive because her sister and her brother were gone. Alexis reacted the way her father and everyone else would have expected her to.
My brother is missing, my twin for all we know could be dead and what I'm supposed to stay calm? Are you fucking kidding me? Pa! Why the hell aren't you doing something, why isn't my mother doing more? You tell me how the hell I'm supposed to react huh? Pretend like everything is okay when it isn't? Bullshit! I can't do this...
Alexis tore from the room knowing that Adam would be behind her, she reached behind her and grabbed his hand then pulled them both through the shadows back to Black Rose, back to the only place she was starting to feel safe. Once they were back in his room she sat down on the bed and looked at Adam.
Something is really wrong at the Hall, with my father...
Alexis Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:15 am

Very well father... I will keep doing all that is expected of me.
What Iliana really wanted to do was grab her father and shake him while she screamed at him that she wasn't strong enough to get through sharing a bed with Alistar if it came down to it but she kept that thought to herself, now was not the time for her to show weakness and when her father pushed her away and started his tirade against her she fell right back into character. Apparently "Losa" was seeking her out for whatever reason Alistar would give but Iliana was sure it was because he wanted to know how far she had progressed in her plans.
Say what you wish of me Aranor... at least I have the strength within myself to be who I truly am rather than what others have tried to shape me into being! Look at you... the mighty Aranor Shadow who started out as nothing more than a bastard and is now being molded into another Oriana. You will never be what she was and I will never be what you want me to be thank the dark gods! I have never needed your approval to be who I was meant to be, I am not going to start begging for or expecting that approval now unlike you who needs to be accepted by all... what a good dog you are! You have no daughter? Very well, it does not pain me that I have no father because you were never a father to me anyway, the only father I ever truly had died in Truth after you and your kin murdered him!
Iliana knew without looking that she had just embedded herself deeper into Alistars world and the thought was frightening, what if she went so far in that it was going to be damn near impossible to get out? This was such a dangerous game they were playing but it needed to be done for the greater good did it not? Iliana turned then and saw Losa standing there watching her, a twisted smile turned her mouth while she walked by him.
Perhaps you will be overjoyed to know that I have been disowned and you have no niece my king.
Storming from the room Iliana went to her room in the hall. As expected James was gone and she sat down on the bed needing a few minutes just to rest before she started the real work that was waiting for her.
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 am

He knew that Elder was right. He also knew that Benny was in no condition to bring Krys to Rhone. He thought about it and shook his head.

I will go get Rhone something is going on and Black Rose seems to be the safest place there is except for the the tower. I do not want anything else to happen to anyone. I know the guards my Mother put in place for Lexi and I. But I think the safest thing is for us to be here. We need to regroup. I will get Rhone and Cole can go get Payne. Let me tell you something Cori your husband is ready to murder someone. Yeah Mister calm, cool and collective has a very dangerous side. Which may be something that we will need later.

He kissed his cousin on the forehead and deposited her in her Poppy's lap as Elder sat there holding Carter to one side of him. He knew that Elder would die before he let anything happen to his Elfling. He knew that she was safe with him.

And Cori of course I could still hear you that has never changed. Cole will get your parents then he will get your husband. Hunter, you go with Cole get your Father and Rayne. Then go to Firyon see what is in place there, if it is safe Cori will be returned there during their night time but let them all know it needs to be kept quiet. As we do not know fully what we are up against right now. We know Jason is involved, and we know Lindsey is involved. I will not risk something. Before Hunter and I go I need to speak to someone here.

He went to Raven as Kahn he assumed was with his mother.

Raven I know you do not truly take orders from me but I need something done immediately I need Lindsey to be banned from Black Rose and to not be able to enter. I also need the councils together only those we know we can absolutely trust without a doubt. Con and Rayne will already be on their way here. It is time that we start making plans and fighting back. I do not wish my father to be invited to this meeting he has too much on his mind already.

That was not truly it but he had to say something anything that would bring no suspicion from anyone else. He had run into Aranor briefly at one point and Aranor had told him to only trust his mother. He knew that meant something was wrong with his father. He then set out to bring Rhone back to Black Rose. Something told him that his gut was not wrong about his father. He knew his mother would be alerted about the meeting of only the most trusted of both houses.
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Errol Lockheart » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am

He held her hand and sat with her listening to her. He leaned and kissed her forehead.

You are right I am going to do all that I can for you. I know you will walk again you are too damn stubborn not to. Heck you are too damn stubborn for a lot of things. But that is something that I admire about you and always have.

He took her hand up and kissed it.

Well guess I will take you loving me only a little and have to work on that one.

He was trying to lighten up the mood a bit he knew the last thing she needed was him acting all down about what was going on there were somethings that he could fix and somethings that he could not. He leaned his head against hers and just sat there with her. He was just glad that she was home he had slept like shit when she was gone and then with her being taken he did not know what sleep was. He yawned slightly but he knew he had things to take care of.
Errol Lockheart
Stablehand

Postby Alistar Runtsor » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:38 pm

I was coming to see about Lexi and I heard what was going on with you and Aranor. You have never needed them. You can be greater than Aranor and that is what fuels him to say what he does I am sure. It must be hard to see your child become something great that you can not understand. He does not understand your darkness, no one can understand it like I can. I know you have things to see to, I will be waiting word from you.

He hated hearing the voice that belonged to Losa Shadow. He hated hearing him when he was talking. He hated the fact that he needed to use that voice this charade to get what he wanted what he craved for. There was so much planned that he could not wait for it to happen. First Pallia would fall, soon after Iallia would fall. He knew that none of their tasks were going to be easy but things were put into motion. Jason let the blindness of wanting the only woman that could best him in jousting to be used as a pawn in the game. He could careless if Lindsey or Jason lived or died. Less power that he would have to share. He knew exactly how the take over was going to happen and what was going to be needed to be done. Kiara would need to die. The great kingdom of Pallia would come under his rule. He could turn people against others who would doubt the King of Pallia anyways. He then would have to some point get his body back for now though he needed to change what he was doing to his host body.
Alistar Runtsor
Stablehand

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Iliana sat on her bed not letting her annoyance, and disgust register when Alistar came into her room. There was no knock, no announcement through the door, nothing to indicate that he was going to paying her a visit at all. He simply walked in like he owned the room and everything in it and why not? He was in the skin of the King of Pallia, though titles never impressed her uncle and he was the most down to earth person Iliana knew, he was still a King. For a brief moment, a fraction of a second she thought what it was going to be like when her uncle was back where he belonged and he learned of Alistars treachery. Hell was not the word to accurately describe what the fall out was going to be. Pushing any thoughts of Losa far from her Iliana stayed in her role.
I am simply waiting for the proper hour to approach Kiara, I do not know if you have noticed or not but night is fading and darkness is turning to light in this part of the world...
To prove her point she rose from the bed, went to the windows and pulled back the black drapery. The sky was starting to lighten, shades of gray were turning orange and pink heralding in the rising of the sun.
I know you are anxious to see your plans begun and in many ways they have already started to fall into place quite nicely master, however I feel I need to caution you. You must not act to hastily, even the most well lais plans can come undone in haste. Tonight just before the sun sets my ally and I will lay claim to Kiara and she will be taken to your study as you have ordered. As much as I understand your need to return to your own form master, time is just as important to my own plans and for those plans... all of your plans to be successful, you must have patience. Were I you I would take this time to rest. As for those who were once foolish enough to believe that I might care even the slightest bit about what they think of me... they are of no concern to me save should they think to stand in your way and then they will be dealt with accordingly.
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Kahn... before you take your morning rest... go to Dominic... tell him what we have just heard here this morning... he will not need to be told what to do.

Kiara came into Black Rose from the hidden tunnels and overheard the conversations taking place. Gathered in the main hall were her children... all four of them... there would be time to rejoice and check them herself soon enough but first she needed to make a few inquiries and she needed to enlighten her oldest son to a few key elements he was still unaware of. She went to Aidan and slipped her arm through his then led him to her chambers. As soon as the door to her rooms closed Kiara turned and faced her son taking in his every feature, a smile curled the corners of her mouth.

If your father could see you right here, right now Aidan Connor Shadow... he would be so proud. It was very smart of you to have your brother and sisters, and Cori brought here. You have taken up the mantle as Master of the Order very well this day Aidan...

Kiara saw the look on Aidans face as the words she just spoke registered, her head shook and she sighed heavily.

You need to know everything Aidan, Aranor and I had to be sure before we said anything to anyone, and we have told no one save for Iliana the truth of what we know... I need you to listen to me, to really hear me Aid. The man you see walking these lands, the body is the same but the soul is not his own. We under estimated Alistar Runtsor Aid, he inhabits your fathers body. When the sun sets tonight I am going to allow Iliana to take me to Truth... Aranor and I need access to Alistars study and Iliana has put herself at great risk to get back into Alistars good graces, she has him convinced that she lives only to serve him and she reports in to Aranor with every move she has made and will make. You need to be prepared Aidan... this may turn into a war, a true war, something I know neither you or any child born after you has ever seen, but that is the way of the world, there cannot be peace without war and we elders learned long ago that true freedom is never free at all. I am trusting in you Aidan, should anything happen to me and your father... to make sure our Legacy continues, you are of Shadow blood... and Connor blood, and the foundations of our world were built on Connor blood and continued to be built with Shadow blood. Both bloodline need to survive in order to keep all that we are alive. You will be Master of the Order Aidan. Now listen to me, take care of whatever it is you are going to do... I'm afraid I cannot be there this time... Kahn will inform me of your plans...I only ask that you come home straight after... alive and not broken like Kira... yes I know about Kira... nothing has gone unnoticed since Aranor and I learned the truth about Alistar. Be careful Aidan and know that no matter where you are or what you do... I am always with you and that I will always, always love you my sweet baby.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Next

Return to Shadows of Time