Shadows Through Time III

Re: Shadows Through Time III

Postby Kira Connor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:32 am

Darkness hung over the room like a thick blanket, the sounds of feet shuffling from the other side of the door brought Kira from the darkness that had enveloped her after she had been thrown into the wall, the door opened allowing a sliver of light to shine in, and from that sliver, her eyes adjusting to the change in the room she saw she was no longer alone. The sliver grew wider as the door was pushed opened further and so did her eyes. There were four of them now, four bodies in the room, she shifted and heard the rattling of the chains, then felt them on her ankles and her wrists. Her right hand was throbbing and when she moved a sharp pain spread up her arm, her broken wrist reminding her that she for the time being she was caught in a nightmare, only there was no waking up from the reality that was close to hell. Biting down on her lip to keep herself from crying out in pain she forced herself to breathe, to remain still and she watched, waiting for something more to happen. Shadows filled the entrance to the room, or cell wherever she was being kept with the others, who the others were she knew without needing light to see, their scents were all familiar. Two men were in the doorway and between them a third. They were hunched together and the third man was forced into the room. His scent hit her nostrils and it took all that she had not to try and jump to her feet. Bennett. She winced when her cousin was thrown into a wall much like she had been, her stomach turned at the cracking sound she heard and the noise brought the others from their sleep. At first Kira thought the men who had brutally delivered Bennett were going to close the door and leave them to the darkness again but when they stepped aside and a figure appeared her heart started beating faster, and she heard from a corner of the room a familiar voice white hot with anger.

You son of a bitch...

That voice belonged to Carter and it was easy to tell by her tone that the woman was enraged. Without warning light filled the room causing them all to close their eyes and turn their heads, once again Kiras eyes adjusted to the change and she saw for the first time since she had been taken from the inn Cori and Carter, and then there was Krystyna who had yet to move. Krystyna who she had not seen since the first night of her captivity.

Do not blame me for the predicament you have found yourself in Dodger... you were given the chance to gain your freedom and you chose to remain as you are now... whose fault is that?

A nagging feeling haunted Kira, this situation was not going to end well at all and she could not shake the feeling that she knew by nights end Carter would be dead or close to it. The king of Hallia came fully into the room and knelt down in front of the petite woman touching her cheek, a cheek that Kira could see was blackened by a bruise. That was not going to go over well with Elder at all Kira thought to herself and then she thought that Jason should enjoy every breath he took while he could, just the fact that Jason had touched Carter at all was going to piss the demon off.

Carter jerked away and turned her head so she wouldn't have to look at the man she once called friend, the years they shared what she believed was a good natured, friendly rivalry had been nothing but a lie, all the times she spent at Summerwind, the summer palace that he had awarded to her for winning the competition in Pallia... everything between them had been nothing but a clever rouse, a lie just to gain her trust and get close to the family that had taken her as one of their own. Renewed anger made her look at him then and she spit in his face ready for the slap or punch that she was sure to come. He did reach for her grabbing her tightly by the arm, so tight that Carter was sure an imprint of his hand would form as yet another bruise, his hand raised to strike her but another voice cut through the small amount of silence.

He's going to kill you, you know this don't you? He's going to kill you, and your little friends will soon follow after you in death. You don't really think... you cannot possibly be stupid enough to believe that you would get away with this do you?

Oh gods Kira thought, her heart pounding against her chest. Cori. Leave it to the wild elf Queen of Firyon to start taunting, but her words kept Carter from further harm at least for the time being. Jason turned to the elf and while his attention was on Cori, Kira slowly started to sit up.

Jason looked back at Carter for a moment in a way that made Cori want to scratch his eyes out. Truly the man was not lusting after her Poppys Carter was he? No one, not even the most insane of men could possibly be that stupid knowing that Carter was going to marry her grandfather.

Okay so you are that stupid.

Cori made the statement so off the cuff when Jason tried to kiss Carter before he dealt with the elf that Kira, Carter and Cori all started laughing. That laughter died though when the lights were dimmed, casting a soft glow and through the door came the red haired vampire bitch that Kira was reserving all her energy and strength for. Kira knew when the time came and they were free, and that time was going to come there was no doubt in her mind about it, she was going be the one returning home for burial rights because even if it meant dying herself she was going to destroy Lindsey. It came as no surprise when Lindsey went straight for Kira and grabbed her by the throat lifting her from the ground and slamming her back into the wall. With a word Lindsey ordered Jason from the room and they were all surprised when he listened stopping only to promise that he would be back soon enough.

You're amused Kira Jade? Tell me what is so funny? Is it knowing that I am going to kill your cousins before your very eyes... or are you laughing because his Majesty will have his precious Carter... or maybe it's because you have heard the rumors?... No? You haven't? Well I suppose I could tell you seeing you are never going to leave this room alive... in one weeks time Iallia will be invaded by my coven... vampires, lycans, wraiths and liches alike will feed on the flesh of Pallias most precious allies... their Queen will die, their King will become one of my own dark children, and their Princess well she has been promised to another as payment for services rendered... and the whole of Iallia will belong to me...

Kiras mind started to race thinking of anyway just one of them could escape alive to get home and... her thoughts were interrupted when suddenly Krystyna sat up, her green eyes were glazed over and but there was something more behind them that sent shivers down Kiras spine. Krystyna was looking at Lindsey with a hatred that Kira had never seen in her cousin before. It was a hatred she had never seen before but Kira recognized what was happening. Krystyna was fighting the demon within, not many new when Kryssy had reached demon age and it was for a very good reason, she demanded that no one be told because she wanted to have the element of surprise on her side should she ever need to change and that's when Kira came up with the idea.... now the trick was getting their captors to leave them alone again.

I am so going to enjoy killing you you nasty bloodsucking whore and if I cannot do it I can at least die knowing that I know someone who can and will. You should have thought to include Dominic in your little scheme Lindsey...

Kira could have mentioned Errol but she did not want his name brought into the fray, did not want to run the risk of his possible capture. The mention of Dominic cost Kira a shattered knee and an hour of hell at the hands of the vampire before they were left to the darkness of the room again and Kira had lost consciousness...
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 am

color=cyan]You know Iliana you have so much potential still. How quickly can you gain aid from the ally that you speak of? I do not wish to be in this body for too much longer it has been fun at times but I want my body back. As you have said Pallia will need a leader once all the damage is done. We will just have to see what can be done about that won't we pet. Now I want to move things along quickly as I want to see deaths come to those that deserve it.[/color]

He was pleased that at least with one that he could move about freely and not have to worry about acting like Losa. He did not have the patience for others lately. At least Losa's wife did make the time interesting. He had to grin slightly it was too bad that the vampire was going to have to die. For Kiara would be one hell of an interesting companion. But he knew her will was too strong and that once she saw her children die she needed to die. His hand touched Iliana's and he smiled at her.

Come now pet tell me how long you will need for this to take place time is wasting and I want these lives ended. My allies have part of what they want and I will make sure that they have what they need. I am thinking you might run into some resistance from your father or sister. Maybe we should just get rid of your white robed sister and have have her done with. After all she serves no purpose for me
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Bennett Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:32 am

He went to move from the wall and pain shot through him. He knew something was not right. But he had to get to the others. He knew that they were all going to have to pay. He also knew that when his older brother was probably getting ready to tear a hell of a lot apart. There was one thing with Aidan you did not mess with his siblings. and add into it this person actually dared to mess with Cori as well. He knew whatever was happening Aidan was not going to be left out of it. He just hoped whoever searched the room he was taken from found what he left behind to be found. He had to check on Kira he moved his cousin to a bed though his arm was in more pain than he had ever felt. He sat down looking at the others he moved to his sister and he looked at her. He knew what was going on and he moved to her side his mouth went near her ear.

It is going to be ok Krys you will see . Hopefully someone finds what I left behind for them to find. Just maybe. Are you ok Krys Kira took some damage. But everyone else seems to be ok for the most part.

He moved close to his sister, they had to think of something anything that would help them for if one could get out all hell would be brought upon where they were being kept.
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Iliana Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:43 am

I cannot dispute that my sister and my father could complicate matters but think on this master...
As she did before Iliana chose every word that was to fall from her lips carefully, she spoke with a confidence that was tinted with arrogance and with such certainty that Alistar could not possibly hear her words as anything but truth.
... my family believes that I have shall we say... turned over a new leaf... my father is expecting my assistance in whatever trivial little matter he calls me for... I have insight that you may not possess even in your current... condition. I know that Kiara is not allowing anyone to speak outside of this very room when it comes to recent events, and I also know that you are not present for the many meetings she has had with my father... I have been privy to conversations that my uncle has not attended. Should something happen to Emalina now... suspicion could very well be cast upon me once more and I may lose the advantage that I have.
She saw he was thinking over what she said and she took that as the opportunity to further her secret cause.
I will deal with Emalina when the moment is right and I know just how to be rid of her. It will not be difficult at all to make my sisters death look as though it was caused by the man who claims to worship the ground she walks on. All I ask is for two days to finalize the details of all my plans, including the plan I have for the Queen of Pallia. Do not look at those two days as too much time going by master... look at it from this perspective... in forty eight short hours... our enemies will be dead, and Pallia will have a new King in any body he wishes....
Iliana Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 am

You know what this belongs to as much as I do... the question is... whose is it... and you know the only way we are going to find the answers to that question Condrik.
The elf was on the floor under the bed of Bennetts bedroom, with her backside in the air while she all but hollered from under the bed. She and Condrik were going through the boys room with the proverbial fine toothed comb, half the day and the half the night had already passed and Rayne was stilling examining every speck of dust, every loose thread. They started from the ceiling up and worked their way down to the floor to some Rayne way of looking for evidence might have seemed a little backwards but in cases like this there was a reason why she did things the way she did. Those reasons would be explained in time but her concentration was on the room and what she now held in her hand when she popped out from under the bed got to her feet waved that hand underneath Condriks nose.
Damn leech hair! Smell it! Go on! D'nay be belongin' ta Jade that be fer damn sure, that red headed whore still be fancyin' 'erself human an washes her damn hair with the same damn soap she always used because " Wraith needs to have some kind of normalcy doesn't he Rayne?". Hmph. Well this d'nay be smellin' like damn strawberries now do it?
What she held in her hand was a good chunk of red hair, hair that looked like it had been cut off and the dagger laying beneath the bed had been a pretty damn good clue. A flaxen brow arched and she looked at the Saint who was looking more and more like a Demon the longer their daughter was gone.
Ye know we be the only two she gave free reign to... so is this going to be divide and conquer or do we tear through Black Rose together?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Kira Connor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:15 am

Benny...weren't we chained before?
Kira whispered to her cousin from the bed unclear how they had been released from the chains that had held them all until Cori chimed in that once Lindsey was gone from the room the chains unlocked on their own and they were free to move about.
How stupid...
Every word that she spoke was whispered, pain was shooting through one arm and one leg at different times and all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry... no that wasn't what she wanted, what she really wanted was to go home and curl up next to Errol who would no doubt lecture her about not coming home in one piece... it was a nice dream she thought to herself. Kira couldn't stop herself from thinking that she was not going to see Errol or Pallia again if she had to go through one more round with Lindsey. Kira was tough and could take alot but the undeniable truth was, she was only human, and did not even have the arcane running in her veins like some humans were born with. Shaking that thought off she tried to sit up but was overwhelmed by the pain that was starting to run rampant through her. She knew she had to have some broken ribs and she was pretty sure she didn't want to see what her face looked like at all.
Benny... look at Krys. Really look at her... these people... that bitch... they know too much about us, about our way of life... for gods sakes Lindsey was part of your mothers coven... but how many really knew about Kryssy? Do you even know? She came of age Benny you know what I mean... surely they would know that you have done it what with the spectacle you provided when it happened... we all remember when Cori did it just because Paynes reaction was so funny... but how many were there when it happened to Krys? Just Lexi, Aid, me and your mother... shes fighting it right now because she doesn't know what will happen. Talk to her Benny... ease her into it.. not so she can go on a rampage but so she can get you all out of here... before it happens talk to her... have her rip through the floor... tear through a wall... anything so you walkers can do your thing and get yourselves and Carter out of here. You have to get home Benny you know why... and don't look at me like that... I swore I was going to kill that feeder and you know I never break a promise... not a death vow anyway...
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Bennett Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm

You know we would not leave you. Kira look at me I know what you promised and she will die, I promise you that. In fact if we are lucky when they did the sweep of my room to make sure no evidence was left behind hopefully the shadow trick lasted as long as I was trying to make it last. If if did they will have one hell of a clue waiting for them.

He went to his sister and whispered.

It's ok Kryssy they will find us soon. You know Mom and Dad are not going to let them do anything to us. All of us will be out of here soon enough, they got something warded here against me I can not change and I can not use the shadows none of us can but I have an idea too. I am trying to get the wards broken.

Everyone always called him the Angel baby, just like his father a lot would say. He was just like his father, in a lot of ways. Out of the children at least that he knew he was the one that inherited everything from his father except for one thing. He did not get the fear of using magic. He knew about Kryssy being able to change, Now it was time just to see how the student learned from the teacher. He knew what he had to do now he had to try something he grinned slightly.

For all they do know about us there are some things that are not known.

He knew that he had to make sure Kira was healed but he was trying to remember what it was that Aranor had spoke to him. He had talked to him about using magic to send a message. Since none of them were known for having it maybe just maybe he could get a message sent. He had thought about contacting his mother but then he thought about it. There was one that would also need to know that he and Krys were ok. He decided he was going to try and send it to Lexi.

He thought of what he wanted to say and send but he would not be sure it was successful. He had gathered what he could from the others about the plans. He knew that they planned on his parents having to watch him and Kryssy die. Here goes nothing he thought.

Lexi listen to me you have to be calm and remember this. Krys and I are ok we are with Carter, Kira and elder's elfling. Mom and Dad must not be caught. If they are captured that will end everything Pallia, our family, our way of life everything. We will be fine as long as they are not captured they will not kill us without Mom and Dad. Something is interfering with this Lex, it is not letting me say the names I want. The house was a ploy of sorts to get what one wanted. The other we know is involved was turned by the son of Dad's greatest hate that is now dead.

His attention now centered in on helping his cousin. He had not learned portals yet otherwise he may have tried that. He had concentrated on other things as he had the shadows he did not have the use for the portals or so they thought. He just hoped no one outside of his family would realize what he was doing when he went to Kira. He needed to heal her even if she was not wanting it. They would need her mind at full strength as well as her body.
Bennett Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:59 pm

I do not think that we will have two days though to get this done. I would feel better if we could move on it tonight. I know about all your abilities remember. I also know that you can go through the shadows and get this lycan friend of yours to get him to cooperate. The sooner this is over and we got Kiara under control, we can get back and get my body. I will not need Losa's body anymore. I have done something to your uncle's body and it is slowly dying. That way once I leave it, the body will already be dying. Nothing will be able to stop it. The body will be almost useless in a few days time. Plus I am not giving any time space for things to go wrong in. I leave later with or without you. If you want to prove yourself to me, then have things ready and done tonight. I know that Kiara will not turn her husband, so I know his body will die. Quite a shame I can only access so much of the man and all. His magic powers are almost equal to your father but they have never been unlocked to the full potential. For whatever reason that is.

He smiled at his student and he moved to behind her his breath on her neck.

As for Iallia the royal family has moved back taking James with them. There are plans for Iallia that I am not sure to trust you with. But there will be a wave of attacks on them, and none will survive. Though we might let James survive and leave him as a slave for you to torture until you are bored with him. Then you can kill him yourself. No one should ever try and change your darkheart.

His arms went around her waist and his mouth near her ear.

And who knows with all that will happen there might just be room for you with me. I know you strive for power, and hunger for it. I will give you all that if I choose to once this is all done it depends on just how good you are
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Condrik Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:07 pm

He was having to control himself so far, He had to do it for no other reason then if he lost his cool now his only daughter's life could be forfeited. He took the hair from Rayne and smelled it. It was not a smell he was that familiar with but he knew it as well as she did. They also knew she had not been around much of late.

Since Dominic has chosen Phoebe she has not been around much. I think the key would be getting to Dominic though. But yes we need to go and move on this Kiara is dealing with something else. And we can handle this without having to drag her away from this. Thank gods he had some sense about however he did it. We will get our daughter back Rayne

He had to believe that he had to believe that they would be bringing Cori home. He was being pushed more and more. The more he fought the demon coming out the more anger built up. But as Elder had taught him there was a time and place to let it go and right then was not the time nor the place. He knew they could only tell Kiara what they found. They knew that Kahn had been ordered to go with Kiara, so that left Raven as in charge of Black Rose. They had to move quickly so without a word he took Rayne through the shadows to Black Rose and he decided it was better if they stayed together. They had to start getting some answers it had been long enough that his daughter was held captive.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Aidan Shadow » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm

He was trying to stay in control he needed to as he was leading the Elite. All they knew so far was Cori, Krys, Carter, Kira and now Bennett were captured. He knew that out of them if any were awake it was one hell of a fight for those people. He knew that no one in their right mind would think they would just let it all go. He took a breath looking outside. He had sworn to protect all his siblings. He had made that vow when he was young and watched his mother change while grieving for Shade. Things changed over the years but one thing did not change when his sisters or brother were in trouble he was the first one to their defense. Leaving him feeling helpless at the moment he had to find them. The person who took them would pay. The people behind it would pay, he would see to it that his family was home safe. All but one taken was family and the one that was not may as well be because she was going to marry Elder. He had to look at things logically and try to plan out the best he could. Without knowing where and what they were up against it was only able to do so much. He had to believe that his sister and brother were still alive, that his best friend was still alive.

He sat there looking at those sent to guard him, they could not be serious that they expected him to stay put. He was angrier than anyone had ever seen him. There were just some you did not mess with and Angel Baby was one of them. He remembered the day his brother was born and he went through yelling that he had a brother. He had to laugh cause Cori was on her another damn boy kick then. She kept saying there were too many boys. He thought of the elf that from the time they were little was his best friend he and his uncle Con butted heads at times, but he knew now it would take everyone working together to bring things together and bring all of them home. Errol he knew was upset, Errol had been in love with Kira for as long as anyone could remember. He knew the whole of the family would be doing anything that they could. He just was waiting for any word about their whereabouts.
Aidan Shadow
Stablehand

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time