Shadows Through Time II

Re: Shadows Through Time II

Postby Phoebe Deamons » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:41 am

So this is the one is she? Not bad big brother but really...
Phoebe Deamons the youngest child of Stryder and Cyranda Jane Deamons stepped from the shadows like she had never been away for more than a day, though in reality she hadn't really come back to Pallia in over two years. Phoebe unlike her hulking brothers had gone out into the world wanting to travel and see what her adventures would bring her. Being Elite and part of the herd was never of any interest to her and the more her family pushed for her return, the more she pushed them away. Phoebes biggest challenge had always been her father. Stryder Joseph Deamons was a good man at heart, she knew this but his need to hover and control, went well beyond what Phoebe was going to allow in her life. She was always spirited and stubborn, the perfect mix of her mother and father in that regard, she did have a strong sense of family but her sense of self preservation was even stronger and it was imperative if Phoebe was going to survive life in general that she break away from the clan. She had only recently been tracked down by one Raynalia Panton, and upon threat of death had returned to Pallia, Phoebe was not stupid enough to go against Rayne, she knew of few who were. Learning that her brother Stone was not only going to become a husband but a father had caused a brow to raise and Phoebes curiosity to be pricked, whats more hearing that her brother Ash had taken Astrid as his wife really bowled her over. Phoebe has always believed that Astrid would kill Ash in his sleep the tension between the two had always been intense. Now there she was standing in her brother Stones room sizing up the woman that was to take the Deamons name and give her brother a child. The way Stone was looking at her made her stare back and she wondered which way he was going to go. Either he was going to flash that smile that made so many women swoon or she was going to see that side of him, that temper that he held under such tight control, but made even grown men run when it was displayed.
Stop staring Stone, it's rude. Are you going to introduce us proper or do I have to do it myself?
Phoebe Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Kira Connor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:58 am

I've said all that I needed to say about Phillip... uncle. He is one of the Elites best and these trainees of yours would benefit from what he could teach them, what more would you like to hear from me on the matter? That is my opinion as brief as it may be it is still my honest thought.

It wasn't happening, Kira was not going to veer from the direction she was going in, the stance she was choosing to take with certainty and clarity. She was a little surprised that Trifton Wakefield was being added to the list of trainees, and Kira believed that was only because he seemed to understand Ardis so little. Whatever her uncle was hoping to accomplish with Trifton, Kira would do her part, no more no less and leave any other motives or matters to those they concerned.

Xavier and Trifton will be easy enough to work with, though I am not sure how they will feel about having to attack a woman even though the situation will be solely for training purposes and controlled. All in all I don't foresee any issues at least not on my part, I know you are going to speak with Phillip about this, what is said between the two of you is none of my business but I am asking that should he refuse or take issue with your orders please inform me so that I know which direction to take my lessons. Forgive me for speaking out of turn if you see it as such but if you are through with me I do have duties to see to, no matter how minimal they may be they still need to be tended to.
Kira Connor
Stablehand

Postby Devyn Deamons » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:28 am

Devyn Deamons, middle child of Tierney and Toras was walking around the hick town that she had been sent to on the Kings orders to just keep an eye on the Prince and his new Princess bride, at first Devyn was less than amused and for two seconds thought about tossing one of her famous fits but when she gave it some thought, getting away for a little while wasn't such a bad idea. She hadn't expected that she would actually be able to walk freely, posing as a visitor to new lands but when Losa told her that she was to act as such she nearly went through the roof with delight. It wasn't often that any of the Elite were allowed to make their presence known, but then again sometimes the smartest thing to do was to be right out in the open where no one would think to look. So Bennett and Ava knew she was there somewhere, but she steered clear of them for the most part, she could watch over them when needed without them knowing she was carrying out her orders and she didn't need to worry about being outed as Elite because she knew that they knew better. What was really funny to her was that while she did what she was ordered she knew that there were others who had been sent to watch over them all, and they were keeping to the shadows, their orders were to stay concealed and just observe. Whatever she did to be able to interact with the people of the hick town, to be able to shop or just take in the scenery, was beyond her. Maybe it was because she had started to take her own role in the Elite a little more seriously and stopped fighting at every turn. That was probably because she was getting a little tired of constantly being in trouble and getting her ass kicked for it. Whatever the reason was, she took full advantage of it. Dressed in what she knew was traditional Gyptian garb for women, a butterfly blouse and matching skirt, Devyn walked the streets of Ta`ciben, which translated into Truth, munching on an apple. She saw Bennett and Ava rise to leave and she threw Bennett a quick wink, if anyone noticed they would simply see a Gyptian girl doing what Gyptian girls did and think nothing more of it, and playing the part wasn't difficult considering that Devyns mother was full blooded Gyptian. Sighing contently Devyn walked through the market actually thinking that she was looking forward to the festival that was to start that evening and while she waited for that time to come she was going to shop for her sisters and her brothers and their women. Seeing a bright green jewel winking at her Devyn thought it would be perfect for Dayles belly button and she reached for the gem at the same time as another, when she realized they were going for the same jewel she pulled back a little.

Oh! I'm sorry I didn't realize...

She looked at the person next to her for a split second, flashed a smile and went on her way to the next table not thinking that she would actually be followed.
Devyn Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Stone Deamons » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:25 am

Are you going to stick around long enough to be introduced and make it worth while? Jillian this is my sister Phoebe, Phoebe this is Jillian my soon to be bride and soon to be mother of my child. Gregory best hurry his ass up too. So what brings you home Phoebe. Not that I am not happy to see you but it is not like you just to come home. Was starting to wonder if you were alive or not.

He smiled at his sister and got up and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek then went back to Jillian. He started to rub her back again knowing how sore it would get on her. He kissed her and smiled. He knew there was not much he could do but rub and massage her back.

Dad's been a little off lately I think it is because Mom's ascension is to happen soon. He even went off on Genna and that is not like him at all. So you going to stick around for awhile and meet your new niece or nephew?

He really hoped that his sister was planning on sticking around. He knew that their father and her had their differences.

You know Errol is home and has been for awhile there was always a bet going which one would return first. Which of the wandering cousins. Sometimes I swear you two take more after Aranor.
Stone Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Kyle Runtsor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:32 am

You are going to get yourself killed just like Pop did. You want to know who was to blame? Father and his damn obsession, you are just like him. Did you think about this Avalyn was given to the Orphanage in Pallia to find a home for her. Do you really think that I want to do anything that could hurt our sister? So what she may not know us but know what we know she exists. You really want to go after people that she may be friends with? I am done listening to you.

He stormed off he was irritated as hell at him. When the hell was he going to let the matters go. Their father was wrong in what he did, as much as he missed his father and having a father he knew that. He even understood why their mother decided their sister would be the one to go to be adopted she was just a baby and would be easier. Plus his brother was a bit older and he was 2 when his father died. He had not known about his sister until someone had slipped about it. He dedided to go shopping he may have to make a trip to Pallia himself he was hoping that what he sent made it he had sent another one being more direct about the problems that may arise. He went to go shopping and that is when he saw it a jewel that was beautiful when he went to reach for it thinking if he ever did find his sister she might like it he felt someone else's hand and he pulled back as well.

No go ahead I was just going to look at it as a possible gift did not mean to startle you.
Last edited by Kyle Runtsor on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Runtsor
Stablehand

Postby Phoebe Deamons » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:38 am

Aww Daddy and his precious are on the outs right now? That's too bad...
Phoebe wasn't petty by nature and the venom in her tone wasn't really meant for Genna, for as long as she could remember Genna had always fit the profile of the daughter that Stryder wanted but couldn't have because Phoebe was born to mold and shape herself into who she wanted to be not who she was expected to be and that definitely caused some strife in the family dynamic, but again, she was also smart enough to know that her father did love her and she did love him, their relationship just wasn't typical. Rolling her eyes she smiled a bit.
Yeah I know how that sounded don't say it Stone, I didn't mean it that way. So Jillian is it? Pretty name, can't believe someone managed to get their hands on my brothers heart but hey more power to you lady, and if you make Stone happy believe you me there isn't a soul in all of Pallia that would dare say anything against it. As for how long I'm going to be here... hell if I know but if Mama is going to ascend soon, there is no way I can just take off, you know I'll have to stick around at least long enough to get some sense of where she might be. There's no way I will leave and not help find out mother, I wouldn't do that to you boys knowing how our father is going to be until he finds her. Speaking of our father... please tell me he's calmed down since the last time I saw him at Aquamarine... you know the way he went after Darius' son, you remember Keith right?, that was just wrong as wrong could be especially seeing... well never mind we don't need to get into that we all know the details. Anyway, I'll be around big brother, right now I so need a bath! I'll stop in again later okay? Love you!
Phoebe kissed her brothers cheek and slipped back into the shadows taking them until she reached the house where she had been born and raised up until the day she left Pallia. Once she was inside her room she went into the adjoining bathing room and started the water for a shower. Soon after she was washed and changed into more comfortable clothing, then laid down in her bed thinking to just rest her eyes, the last thing she remembered before falling asleep was how much she actually missed sleeping in her own bed.
Phoebe Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:42 am

I do not foresee any problems with Phillip but I will let you know if there is anything he takes issue with. You both are two of the best we have in the elite, that is why I think there is a lot you both can teach people. But as I said before Phillip will know his place is to help you and assist you, to follow your lead and orders. Trifton does not understand this life at all Kira and he wants to learn some of it. That is why he was added to the list. I had a talk with Xavier and he knows part of this training is him being tested.

He smiled at his niece and saw that someone else was coming his way to talk to him.

I will see you later Kira let me know of any other provisions you may need for the training area.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Devyn Deamons » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:57 am

Devyns laugh rang out through the market when the deep voice gave their own apology, it was the apology itself that caused the sound to bubble from her throat, dark tendrils shook with her head and she turned to get a better look at the one who had made her day a little more amusing.

Believe me, you didn't startle me, I just didn't see the point in trying to fight anyone for something as simple as a gem, though I do appreciate your willingness to let me have it, you can get it if you want, I was just thinking it might suit my sister but there are plenty of others for me to choose from.

Devyn knew better than to cause a scene over something so trivial and she knew better than to let her true nature show when she was met by strangers, it was always best to have the element of surprise on ones side after all. She turned back to another object she was admiring, a Gyptian made ring, one that she knew her sister Saydie would like, and then there were the scarves and various other items of clothing. She picked out what she wanted for her sisters, her parents and her brothers and ended up in a little tift with the man minding the intake for the till, in clear precise Gyptian she told the man exactly what he could do with his high priced items and ended up talking him down a good amount especially after she made it clear she wasn't just some idiot off the street who knew nothing of Gyptian economy and when she was done she found herself face to face with the man who she had seen earlier. She smiled a little and let a faint blush rise to her cheeks, not that she was truly embarrassed by her behavior, again she was playing a part.

I'm sorry you had to hear all that, sometimes I let my words get the better of me. Anyway, I hope he doesn't try the same stunt with you and I hope you found everything you were looking for. Sastimos..

Devyn spoke an old Gyptian word that was used in greeting and saying farewell as well, which meant to your health and then she started towards the boarding house where she was staying, she didn't want to stay at the inn afterall Benny and Ava needed some privacy and the boarding house wasn't that far off from the inn.
Devyn Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Kyle Runtsor » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:04 am

I was thinking that my sister might like this if I get to see her. Some would find a gem something to fight over. But me I just do not know what she would like. I hope your sister likes whatever you pick out for her.

He smiled and bought the gem and he actually stood around and waited to see how the keeper would treat her. A lot of the shop keepers had two prices one for the townspeople that knew the wares better and the other for the outsiders that they thought they could make more off of. He was quite impressed on how she handled herself and it made him grin. It made him wonder what his sister was like. So his brother was right every time the festival came he did think he saw someone that could be his sister. He knew he had to stop that thinking, maybe one day his thinking would be right. He walked with her for a moment.

Nothing to apologize for he was trying to cheat you. Though you talked him down well. Got to watch yourself with some of the shop keepers here. If you are not from here even if you are Gyptian they will try and cheat you. Well maybe I will see you around. There is the dance that is the start of the festival tonight. Maybe I will see you there.

He went in a different direction he could not wait to show his mother what he had gotten for his sister. That is when he saw the couple again walking around shopping. He tried to get close enough to hear her name but then decided it would be best not to the man looked harmless enough but there was something about him that made him wonder. The way the man carried himself gave off the feeling that he was not someone to be messed with. He went back home and showed his mother what he got and then he put it in the box that he had marked with his sisters name. His brother thought him foolish but there were things that he had found once he knew he had a sister that he started putting aside for her.
Last edited by Kyle Runtsor on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Runtsor
Stablehand

Postby Xavier Williams » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:05 am

I was not going to argue with you about where you want to be. If you want to go to Black Rose with me who am I to argue? I know if you fel Phillip needed you there that is where you would be. Yes getting settled in will be good once as you put it I am done going all wolf on you. I just think your Uncle needs time to see that I am no threat to you. I am sure if he is as you say he is that he will come around in time. I really do not care what he thinks of me but I do not like the way he has treated you about it. I am glad I came too because I missed you I kept trying to decided if coming here was going to be the right decision after what you had said you wanted. I have the plans for what your Uncle wants done with the areas of the Inn so I will be working on that too.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her he smiled and just held her. He could stand like that forever he grinned at her and lifted her into his arms.

I love you Genna, and no worries about tonight it will go just fine.
Xavier Williams
Stablehand

Postby Genna Ryder » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm

He's not really my uncle you know... Condrik I mean... he's my fathers half cousin or something like that, or was that Losa that was the cousin.... my family is confusing as hell aren't they? Not that it really matters, hell half of us aren't related at all but with the way we were brought up we were taught blood does not always make family. Anyway... I still can't believe he's having you renovate the Inn, not that he wants you to do it, that it's being done at all, but I suppose it's about time, Pallias grown plenty over the years and with Lauren in charge of it all for the most part now, I'm sure she's been on him about updating the old place. Did you know that the Fools Rush once belonged to Oriana and she sold it to Ariela long before Ari became Cons wife... there is so much history seeped into these lands that dates back centuries.

Genna swelled with pride over the lands she called home, her arms went to Xaviers neck when he picked her up.

You're going to become a part of that history you know, we all are. Even bitchy Uncle SJ, who we are not going to worry about any longer... whether he gets his head out of his ass is not our problem and I am not going to keep trying to prove anything to him and neither are you because we don't have anything to prove and if he doesn't like it too bad. We are who we are, we love who we love and that's that. Now about to night, I'm not worried, I just hate seeing what the change does to you while it's happening but I hate the thought of you being alone while it's happening even more. Now Xavier Williams you should remember where my room at the hall is yes? We'll get to Black Rose long before it's time, but right now we are going to rest, you need to rest.
Genna Ryder
Stablehand

Postby Xavier Williams » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:30 pm

What I need I have right here in my arms. I know this place has a lot of history from what you have told me. I think I remember the way to your room at the hall have not really been there you know. You pointed it out to me at one point.

He grinned and kissed her and kept her in his arms not that she needed him to carry her he wanted to carry her. With a grin he carried her into the hall and kissed her some more. He brought her to the room and waited for her to tell him it was the right. He went to lay down with her and held her to him. He loved her scent it did not matter what time of day it was. He grinned and brushed back some hair.

I know that I am one damn lucky man to have you love me so much. I know you have other things to see to and may not be able to stay that long there. Your Uncle Losa whatever the hell he is to you, asked me about doing some training he figures being on these lands it would be a good idea. Least I know some things.

He knew that night was going to take a lot of things but he also knew with Genna with him he could get through anything. He knew that from the night he met her and she had not been afraid of him in that form. How many woman can say their first look at the man they loved was in such an ugly form and they could see past that? He knew that there were not many at all. He settled in to just lay there with her, he did not care about anything as long as she was with him. They had been apart too long. He still needed to talk to her father and talk to him about marrying her.
Xavier Williams
Stablehand

Postby Rhone Panton » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:37 pm

He had been at the Inn and he could not believe what he saw. Chase was doing a few things that was asked of him to get for the rest of the festivities were going to start dying down soon and there she was Kimberly was trying to hang all over Chase. He could tell that Chase was starting to lose his patience. He found his sister and looked at her.

You know Sis your boy is having a bit of a problem at the Inn he was asked to go get the things for the awards ceremony and well someone kind of has him cornered. Kimberly is trying to get all over him. Tried to say something to her but you know how she is. Like a bitch in heat when she sees something or someone that she wants. Right now it is Chase that she wants. So you going to go claim him?

He knew that Chase was taking things to keep him busy, things were a bit strained between Chase and Avery, Rhone knew that but he also knew that the two of them would be ok. He smiled at her and grinned.

If it was not for the stuff that he has he would probably just slip into the shadows. What I am worried about is whatever Kimberly has. I do not know how any of them stand her.
Rhone Panton
Stablehand

Postby Quin Shadow » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm

You do know that Dad has said the Inn is closed tonight and he does not care what gets lost. Guests will still be able to get to their rooms but the bar and kitchen are closed. He has it so none of it can be used or taken either. So it looks like you are stuck with spending time with me.

He grinned at her and kissed her. He swatted her backside playfully.

It is a shame that so many are deciding to leave the festival early due to the things that have happened. If there is one thing that we have learned is that no matter what happens we have to push through to get things done that need done. Also that we can not let bad things stop the good either. There has been so much bad that has happened on these lands but so much good at the same time too. Look at Ava and Benny's wedding that was a hell of a good thing. Everyone knew even before they did that it was going to happen. Everything everyone has been through somehow works itself out too. Heck look at Dad and Rayne. If you told them they would ever get back together after the hell they had been through with each other they would have thought the person nuts. But there they are.
Quin Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Avery Panton » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Chase is going to have to wait...

Avery whispered the words in a tone that some might call shocked, others might hear as indifferent and still others would hear as numb. She wasn't being indifferent, of course she cared what was happening to Chase but Kimberly was just one girl and Chase was a grown man if he couldn't handle her for just a little while without needing to be saved... the point was Avery just had news dropped on her that rocked her entire world.

Do you know who I just finished talking with Rhone? Do you have any idea what is happening?

Ardis had come to Pallia and with her parents... Averys sister and brother in law... with Astrid and Ash, all gathered in the council room of the Elite Ardis made a declaration that Avery was still having a hard time comprehending.

Our sister was here with our nieces...

Avery walked to the bottom of the steps that lead to the great hall and when she reached the bottom she sat down on the last step.

Ardis might lose her arm... you know that yes? You know she's staying in Pallia for specific training too... Rhone she's stepping down as Captain of Firyons Guard... did you even know she was Captain of the Guard? Now... now she's asked me and Ash both to stand in her stead until she can decide which of us she wants to have take the position permanently... a trial run for us both... she said there are no two people she would trust more with the care of Firyons army...

Avery looked up at her brother still awestruck.

How do I tell her no? Should I even tell her no? I never thought anything like this was even possible but now that the opportunity has presented itself.... Rhone... I think I might want this... I could really use some advice from my brother now... what do you think Rhone?
Avery Panton
Stablehand

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time