Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Re: Into the Shadows New Beginnings 5 Time of the Demon

Postby Bryce Bowers » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:45 pm

He smiled when he saw who it was that was beat and he laughed slightly she had put up a hell of a fight and the fact that she bested Con surprised him a bit. He was also sure that with all going on her energy was more than usual too and more determined.

I look forward to another match in the future Queen Shadow.

He grinned at her and got down. He did not like a lot of hoopla or anything but if he had not got in he would have heard about it. He moved to his wife and grinned kissing her.

So you ready for the tracking contest Gracie? Will be interesting to see who wins that one. I would put my money on you if I was a betting man.
Sometimes we bring things about that we do not like the results of,
but if forewarned about it who's fault is it?
Bryce Bowers
Stablehand

Postby Lady Dustball » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:51 pm

See Toras told you she was a tough one. Kiara I had to go and if you noticed I did have the big galoot over there watching over me until he handed me off to our son. Don't get mad at him either for me being out of bed I made him take me down there. He will not let me go anywhere alone right now, can not even take a bath on my own he says.

She smiled at Kiara and touched her hand.

Dear you know if I want to go there is no one that could stop me but I also know it would worry my family. How are my Grandchildren. I got to see Ash he is going to be big like his father and grandfather. Now I heard that Payten and Aranor's daughter was born would like to see her too at some point. The children will do me well. Specially the older ones.
Lady Dustball
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Once Kiara was back he stood like Losa told him to do so as Losa had slipped out.

For all the trackers here is the challenge your King is missing you must find him. The first one to find the King will be declared the winner. Make no mistake about this he may not be in the form you are most expecting for this competition. Good luck to you all.

He waited and watched as he saw the ones get ready to go. He smiled and went over to Ariela.

This should be interesting Princess so who do you think will win this one. I bet it is between Rayne and Bug what do you think? Not discrediting anyone else but they are the two best ones at it.

He leaned and kissed her.

The magic contest should be interesting I know Aranor is planning on getting in on that one. I know the boys were talking about some kind of brawl later but think that was just talk. It was good to see Auntie up though.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Raynalia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Were nay as easy as I was figurin' smart ass over here thought ta swap from demon ta wolf ta demon ta man ta demon ta wolf n' blah blah blah, but I caught his ass.
The elf came through the clearing dragging Losa by the ear beside her. Everyone who heard her and saw her started laughing because only Rayne would announce her victory in such a way. GraceAnne emerged a few seconds later, her dark eyes lost in thought, she wasn't upset she lost to the elf after all Rayne had decades on her. The elf made it a point to tell everyone that GraceAnne had nearly beat her then she cut Losa loose and went off to where Valiant was standing waiting for her. Leaping up she wrapped herself around him.
I won yanno so what do I get for my prize huh huh?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 pm

True you could go but then if you did you would be insulting the King and Queen of this realm and that Dearest is not something any one of us tolerates so be a good girl, don't play high and mighty with me and do as your told. Sorry Auntie my patience for stubborness is at it's end this day. I know you won't go against me on this will you? I hope not. Aidan will be happy to see you I know that. As for Cori well you need to take her up with her father. Emalina looks just like her father with her mothers ears, Aranors going to have plenty of trouble with that one when she gets older especially if she ends up built like her mother. I'll send Aranor and Payten up as soon as he's done with whatever it is he's doing to show off. Should be good seeing he's learned a hell of alot from Oriana. Anyway I need to go now but I'll be back to make sure your behaving.

Something was horribly wrong with in Kiara. She was filled with anger all over again and she didn't know why. Maybe trying to revert back to her mothers ways was the wrong thing for her to do for herself. Whatever it was she needed to get a handle on it. She knew herself well enough. If she tried to make nice with anyone just then, she was going to explode. So she went down and waited until the tracking contest began, once Losa disappeared into the woods she took off to the burial grounds. When she got there she settled herself on top of her brothers gravestone one leg hung down. The other was bent and she looked to the sky.

Well Kris. Your children are here, your Natalie is here. Natalie. I wish you would have told me Kris, I'm not even talking about your family. I'm talking about her. How could you keep something like that from me Kris? Or was I too caught up in always teasing you to realize she was the one who held that heart of yours? I guess it makes sense now. She's gone you know. Don't have any idea when she's coming back either. Bet Griffons stompin' a mudhole in your ass and walkin' it dry now that he knows about the time you caught her in the tavern and she mauled you. Nah, Probably not you actually behaved yourself that night. I don't know Kris I'm just so angry. Theres a demon in the hall whose other little family nearly destroyed our family and did destroy Oris'. I'm just supposed to be okay with all of this. The last of our brothers have gone and I'm supposed to be alright. I've gotten lazy too. Kristian I lost a competition tonight with my katana of all things. Maybe I'm so angry because I've gotten soft. Hell I don't know all I do know is I miss you, I miss Cole and Alec and Rone and Brodrick , I miss my family.

Sighing heavily she just sat there watching the sky and listening to the sounds echoing from the Hall and its grounds.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm

He laughed as she jumped on him and kissed her deeply. He grinned at her.

Well I do not know as far as they go but can tell you what.

He leaned and put some suggestions to her of what her prize could be.

We do need to check on the elfling. A little worried about her ya know that was her uncle there.

He brought her to check on Cori and he smiled warmly at her.

Hey Cori just wanted to see how you are doing. Your Ma just went and won the tracking contest thingy I think Losa is going to have red on his ear for a week.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:52 pm

He was not surprised that his wife had bested most everyone. When he got back he did look for her and gave it some time after awhile he went to look for her. He did not take her off the gravestone or even try. He knew this was harder on her than others. His hand just touched hers and he looked at her.

Well one could definitely tell that Aranor has been paying attention to Ori. Though if she was here she would have beat him. Not sure if anyone is going to beat him. That dang elf won you know she brought me back yanking on my ear? I know this is hard Kiara. I know Cole was the last of your original brothers.

His hand went to her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. He did not know the words to say to his wife were there really any words that would bring her comfort. He looked at her and kissed her shoulder.

I know you are trying to do what Cole would want and celebrate his life but it he also would understand if you have to let it out. Heard that the boys want to be brawling in teams more so for fun, so what say you Spitfire should you and I go whoop some of them. I mean TJ and SJ are not on the same team so we take out their teammates then knock them on their asses too what do you say?
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Kiara Jade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm alright love, just needed a little alone time with my brother, my brothers.

Reaching out to him she took his hand and scooted over nodding her head for him to sit with her.

Kris won't care if he's used as a stool. It's just a pile of ash down there anyway and even if it was his body, its just an empty shell anyway.

Dropping her leg so both were hanging down now she cocked her head and looked at him.

You hear Bryce kicked my ass? Yeah, know what that means? I'm getting soft and lazy again. Can't let that happen. Swore after the time of the Fallen I was never going to let myself get that complacent again, but I did. Funny isn't it? Here I am sitting where the whole of the Connor clan is now buried and all I can think about is how I've gotten weak and sloppy again. Oh yeah and I've been thinking about how the only reason my brother married that woman is because she's a walking talking double for Oriana. Nice huh? Yeah I think a brawl with the boys would be good, course I might end up getting my ass kicked there too, but we'll see.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Losa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am

He went and sat with her putting an arm around her and kissing the top of her head.

I saw the fight between you and Bryce you did not get your ass kicked but think of this Kiara you are the Mistress of the Order, Queen of Pallia, Mother of four and train in every aspect of our way of life. Don't you think the master of swords should be able to beat most anyone, You disposed of Condrik in the first round and sometimes he bests Bryce think about that you took down one of our stronger swordsman. Valiant did not even make it as far as you did. I doubt you will get your ass kicked brawling. Plus since you are working with me on it, you would not let it happen that we got beat just don't bloody up the boys too badly.

He winked at her.

He was silent for a few minutes.

You know Kiara I look around and I see the family that went before us and I miss them too but I know these are people you grew up with. I wish I would have known them all. I know you miss your brothers all of them. Cole was something else wasn't he. He always seemed to know what was going on and could keep us grounded. I also know that without him we would not have had another chance after the time of the fallen. So what do you say we go kick some ass and make Cole proud. I noticed that about her too. I can just see what is going to happen when that woman meets Oriana. I mean her scent is similar and that bothers me, and I could tell it bothers Con but he will not say anything. Could it be a distant relative or something., someone that maybe others did not know about?
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Payten » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:29 am

Payne!

Payten caught sight of her brother through the throngs of people, squeezing her way through while Payne did the same the twins met each other. Payten dipped low before him and he bowed to her then they broke out into laughter. The two of them were always teasing each other and rolling their eyes at the haughtiness of their positions in the world. Being King and Crown Princess of Firyon was always a fact they could forget at least for a little while when Payne was in Pallia.

Payten..

Smiling to his sister Payne linked his arm with hers leading her away from the crowds for a more quiet space if such a thing was even possible.

Emalina is sleeping?

She is, Pa is with her, I wanted to stay with her but he ordered me to try and have a little fun tonight. You're alright Payne? I'm sorry I had to leave like I did but you...

He patted her hand.

I understand. As much as I want you in Firyon at all times I know you have your life here. Don't worry Payten, everything will sort itself out and if it doesn't we'll find a way to make this whole thing work for everyone. I'm not giving up on having my sister and my niece with me Payten you and Ema are the only blood I have in this world but I get that you need to be here too. Speaking of family where is that man you call husband?

A loud boom followed by crackling noises filled the air, the night sky lit up with fireworks again only this time what Payten saw made her grin. Side by side surrounded by sparkling lights were the crests of the Shadows and of the Kingdom of Firyon. She nodded to the sky.

Oh he's around come on Payne lets go see what he's doing.

Arm in arm they walked and found Aranor with a very captive crowd. He was working magics of his own design adding in what he had learned from Oriana. The show he was putting on made her swell with pride at how well he handled his gifts and teachings.
Payten
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:45 am

It's alright if we're hear Cor? Your Da said it was alright if we spent some more time with you and I know you and your Uncle Cole were pretty close, so Val and I just wanted to let you know we're both here for you Cori.
Rayne and Valiant found Cori sitting on the stairs that led to the hall, she was watching everything around her, when Rayne looked at her it was almost like looking in a mirror sometimes.
The girl who was nearly full grown looked at her with a half smile and smirked.
So he's gotten his head outta his ass has he? Guess ye takin' care of him when Ma c'nay be doin' so did some good huh? Tried tellin'em were nay nothin' wrong with Val. So when do I get to move in?
Rayne was a little taken aback, she wasn't expecting Cori to ask her something like that.
Move in? Cori... listen to me. I would love nothing more than to have you move in with Val and I but honey you're home is with your Ma and your Da, it's always been that.
Yeah it has but I need more space, more room to breathe and figure out who I am Raynie, it's too hard to do all that when I'm at the Hall training day in and day out and then my free time is spent helping Ma around the house and with the boys. I love my brothers and I love spending time with them but Ma and Da are always so busy at the hall or with this and that and I'm tired of getting shipped off anytime anything happens and I'm tired of being a mini Ma. It's funny Raynie, Da still wants me to act like a little girl but then I get handed grown folk duties. During the weekends when my time is my own I want to be able to come home and just take care of regular everyday chores, not four brothers and everything else. Raynie Ma and Da are the best parents ever I know I sound like I'm whining but I just need to concentrate on me right now.
Great now what was she supposed to do? She glanced over at Valiant with a raised brow.
We'll have to sit down and talk about this with your Ma and Da Cori. Val and I would never tell you can't come live with us if that's what you really want but you really need to think it through and be careful how you go about talking to your parents about it.
Rayne saw the look on her daughters face, saw that she wasn't listening at all, for all Cori knew Rayne and Valiant weren't even there. The elf followed her daughters gaze and her jaw dropped.
What I really want... is him.
Rayne started pushing Valiant.
Go find Ari and Con Val right now. There is no way I am fielding this one without them.
Cori had decided among other things that she wanted the King of Firyon, and Rayne was going to end up drinking herself to sleep that night just to get over the shock.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:51 am

He had thought about sitting out the competition but then he decided it would be more fun to put things to use and test them out. He grinned seeing his wife and winked at her. He had one set that was just for her and he then set that into motion a large heart appeared in the sky and little ones came out of it and headed near her dissipating just out of reach. He then went back to the more spectacle ones. Up went a swirl of silver and black with a light back ground so the colors of the elite would show. He looked to the sky and smiled as he sent more things exploding for the show.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:59 am

His gaze followed Cori's and just shook his head.

Will be back

He went a running to Con and Ari and told them that Rayne needed their help with something with Cori. He went back to them and looked at Cori. He went back to his wife and Cori and smiled.

Always planned on letting you have a room at the house Cori. Just did not know when your Ma and Da would be willing to let you spend time with us. Your father's problem was not with Raynie but with me. I kind of had one I thought you might like but then again what do i know about kids right.

He smiled at her and put his arm around his wife.

About finding something you want Cori there is a time for everything. You see the show your uncle be putting on. You got many people that care about you.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:49 am

You need to talk to your daughter!
As soon as Rayne saw Con she blurted out the statement then looked around for Ariela.
Where's the General? Yanno what nevermind we can take care of this and if we can't then we'll hunt your wife down and sic'er on the girl! Cori you wanna enlighten your father to what you just told me 'n Val?
With a shrug of her shoulders Cori looked at her father. The girl was just as blunt as Rayne and put it right out there for him.
It's not a big deal. I wanna live with Raynie and Val. I love you 'n Ma, Da but like I told Raynie, I need some space. When I come home on the weekends most my time is doin' chores, helpin' Ma and dealin' with the boys. You all tell me I'm still just a kid and we all know thats a damn ass lie too, and you want me to act like a kid but no one has an issue handing down grown folk responsibilities for me. I've got my duties at the hall during the week then I get to come home and play baby mama? I don't think so Da. I need a place to think and I need some time for me. I want to live with Rayne. You've had me for years, now she should get to have me for a little while.
Rayne cut in with her arms folded under her chest.
Aye she said as much Con, told her she needed to really think about it and talk it over with you and Ari. What else ye be tellin' yer Da Cor?
There was another shrug from the woman child.
What? I just said I was going to be Queen of Firyon one day. What's wrong with that? I mean really Rayne I know married or not even you can look and that one over there is damn fine.
Rayne groaned and looked at Con for help.
I d'nay be teachin' her ta be actin' like that Condrik Shadow. Vals' already tol'er she need ta be slowin' down a wee bit.... Payne king or not I'll slap your eyes out your damn head!
The elf caught sight of Payne staring at her daughter much like Cori had been staring at him. When Rayne yelled at him he looked away and pretended he had no idea what she was yelling about.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 am

He felt like he had been punched in the gut he knew he must of winced when she said something about staying with Valiant and Rayne. He knew he had to say something but then he held back for a moment.

You do chores at home as a responsibility of things that need done just like when your brothers get older they will have chores to do. As for helping your Ma you never say no about wanting to with the boys and thought you liked helping with the boys it is not required. We will talk with your Mother about all of this. You do not even know if you will be happy living there. You do not even know what kind of rules will be there and you are just starting to get to know Valiant. Yes it is a big deal to me you are still my daughter and you did not get to have much of a child hood that is why we are still trying to get you to have some of one. Also with growing up so fast trying to instill things in you. We have had you for years because of the circumstances none of us made those circumstances at all.

He saw the look Payne was giving his daughter and he was not pleased and not amused at all and almost laughed when he heard Rayne. He did not think this was a good idea at all. He was going to have a talk with Payne later he knew that.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Valiant Panton » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am

He was listening to all that was going on and he was waiting for something to explode. He looked at them and his mind was turning somewhat.

Your Da is right you will have responsibilities wherever you are as part of a household. I was just thinking what about if you split the weekends with us. It is not like any of us live that far. There is another matter we would like to talk to you and Ari in private about Con. We have not even done much in the house yet Cori. I have a house here but it was furnished with very little but I am sure we can all work something out can't we? I mean it is not like we are going to let her run all wild Con. Won't have anything like that happening. As far as Payne goes right now you still got a lot to learn Cori and sometimes when you see someone your reaction is not always the same but sometimes it is. You know what I mean. Everything happens in its time not our time.

He was not sure if he should say anything or not but he was never one to hold back.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 am

It's not just about the damn chores! You want me to be a kid then stop expectin' me ta act like a damn grown ass woman! Which in case ye d'nay be havin' eyes? I d'nay be a wee one anymore! Ye be right I d'nay be knowin' iffin' I'd be happy livin' there but d'nay I deserve ta at least find out? That woman be my mother too an' ye be tellin' me that iffin' I wanted ta stay with her an' my step-father I c'nay because I d'nay know the rules there? It be a big deal ta her ye know. They c'nay be any worse than the ones ye be havin' for me when I be home!
Rayne saw the signs, the little twitchs in Coris ears and how the points were starting to turn a light shade of pink. If she didn't settle down she was gonna flip her lid and then who knew what the hell was going to happen.
Cori, you have to understand. You have lived the whole of your life with Con and Ari, they are your parents and are going to be concerned and upset over this sudden change you want to make. Your father knows how important you are to me and he would never keep you from me but...
But what? He c'nay teach me half of what ye can Raynie. Ma has always been real good about tellin' me about ye an' tryin' ta teach me about my elven half but no one c'nay be doin' that like ye can. What be so wrong about me wantin' ta be close ta ye? Fair is fair an' jus like Val said, we d'nay be livin' far from each other so gimme a REAL reason why I c'nay move in with my mother?
What the hell. Rayne looked between Con and Valiant. Somehow someway this was going to end up being her fault. Running her hand through her hair the elf took her daughter by the chin and tilted her face to her.
Corinthyalas listen to me darlin', this is not something that can be decided in one night. We all need to sit down together and talk this through. You have very valid points but so do your parents and everyones sides need to be taken into consideration. Don't start shootin' that mouth of yours off Cor. This is serious business here and if you want to be treated a little more grown rather than being treated like a child then you need to behave a little more grown and learn to discuss rather than pitch fits understood?
She saw the twitch in Coris right ear but their color were starting to turn normal again.
Fine Raynie. I can do that but I hope you all understand just how short a time I'm going to have to listen to any of you.
Without saying another word Cori sauntered off in what Rayne knew was a complete act of defiance, she marched herself over to Payten and Payne and Rayne had to stop both Valiant and Con from going after her.
Leave her be for now, she's with Payten and Payten isn't going to let her go tromping off with anyone even if it is with her brother. I swear Con I had no idea she just threw this at us.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:36 am

Payten should not have to be babysitting Cori. She is not Payten's responsibility. Hell Aranor is in the middle of a competition and now Payten is having to play baby sitter to Cori hell no. If this is how Cori is going to act she is going to find her ass grounded. She knows better Rayne and I am not giving in to her pitching fits. She knows better and that is one of the reasons I am saying no to this for now. She wants to be treated older but wants to act like a little kid. That is not going to be going over with me at all. I know she wants time with you Rayne and I have not kept her from you I set down some rules with all of us. But she is not getting her way on this by pitching fits.

He did go after his daughter and looked to Payten and Payne.

Cori is still my child and is still under my care. I do say she is not allowed Payne not with the way he was looking at her she is still not grown Payne. Cori you will not be going anywhere anytime soon. Since you want to pitch a fit like a child you will be treated like one. You are grounded to your room at the Hall. Also the ward against shadow walking is up and there will be a guard there. It is this simple Cori you can not be throwing fits to get what you want it is not going to happen that way. You want the chance to spend time at their home do you really think Valiant and Rayne are going to want someone who pitches fits to try and get what they want. I already have four babies that pitch fits because they can not tell us what they need. I do not need you pitching fits when you can actually talk but you would rather pitch a fit. Maybe we gave in too much when you would pitch fits when you were younger. One of these days maybe you can actually come and sit and talk, actually I know you can seen you do it. Am proud of the way you have been handling most of your training too.

He called over one of the recruits.

You are to escort my daughter back to recruits quarters and the only visitors she is allowed is myself, Ari, Rayne, Valiant, and of Course Kiara and Losa. She needs to cool down and think about things.

The recruit nodded to him and answered.

Yes Lord Shadow I will do as you say. Will also not let any other visitors as you asked.

The recruit went to Cori and hoped like hell she decided to cooperate. He knew who she was had watched her growing up.

I am sorry you know I would rather not do this but you know we have to follow what he says he is one of the council. I could not imagine what it be like to have my family all a part of the council and all. You are lucky in some ways but not others. You know the penalties on me will be harsh if anything goes wrong so I ask that you cooperate. Will send someone to get your mother if you would like.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Payten » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Payten was absolutely dumbfounded. She and Payne were watching Aranors fantastic works of magic when Cori came to stand with them, she didn't say too much of anything except that Aranor was brilliant. When Condrik came tearing up to them carrying on about Cori and then Payne the bar maid in Payten came out. She was floored because she had no damn idea what the hell he was carrying on about or why he was pretty much tearing into her and her brother.

Excuse me? What in the HELL are you talking about? Payne and I have been standing here watching my husband work his magic and you come running through here like a fuckin' bull in a china shop? Cori I don't know what the hell you did but you better go with your father.

Payten moved closer to Con her eyes blazing.

You may be family and you may be on the council of Losa and Kiaras elite but you had better damn well remember who the fuck your talking to like that! We, neither Payne nor I said one damn thing to or about your daughter don't you ever and I mean EVER come at either one of us like that again. I don't know what happened with you and your daughter but if you want her not to pitch fits maybe you should act like a damn grown man instead of tearing into people for something they had no part in! You will remember that Payne is King of Firyon and that I AM Crown Princess of Firyon before you ever decided to drag us into your inner family squabbles and I AM going to speak with the King and Queen and Aranor about this. This was uncalled for LORD Shadow.

Now it was her turn to toss a fit if you could call it that. She was so infuriated by the way Condrik came at her and especially at Payne she grabbed her brother by the hand and dragged him straight into the circle where Aranor was.
She tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a sheepish grin.

Honey I am so sorry! You are amazing and brilliant and I want to see so much more but your brother just came to me and Payne out of the blue and just starting yelling at us that Cori was still his child and still under his care and that Payne isn't allowed around Cori, I guess Payne looked at her hell I don't know WHAT happened we were just there watching you and Cori came by us! We didn't say or do anything at all and Con just flipped out on us! I yelled at him Aranor I did and told him to remember who the fuck he was talking to! I'm sorry I know I shouldn't have but just because your brother can't control his damn near grown daughter doesn't mean he has the right to treat either of us the way he did just because Payne might have looked at her!
Payten
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Your brother was looking at my daughter like she was a god damn piece of meat. King or not she is still a child that is not fully grown yet as my father it is my duty to protect my daughter King or not. Maybe as King of Firyon your brother needs to find a grown elf not be looking like he wants to take the clothes of my daughter who is not grown yet. All I came at you with is that Cori is not allowed around Payne period that is my right to decide. Hell Rayne had to yell at Payne to put his eyes back in his damn head, so yeah I do have the right to say that she is not allowed around him. You can go to Losa and Kiara and tell them what that your brother looked like he wanted to maul their niece that is not even an adult yet? That your brother had looks a man should not have about someone that in a lot of ways that is still a child go right for it. Because you know what I doubt either of them would find it acceptable.

He was pissed Aranor had just finished his show and it was amazing as he knew it would be he was proud of his brother the only one he knew for sure would have done better is Oriana but they would have to wait and see what the others had in store.

Your wife is right about one thing Aranor that was some amazing stuff you did.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

He had just finished when Payten had come into the circle, he grinned kissing her. Then he heard what she was saying and what Condrik was saying.

Con shut up and stop for a moment. Is Payne around your daughter right now? Payne would not do anything to Cori and you damn well know it Condrik what the hell is wrong with you. This is a time for celebrating the life of our brother and of our sister's parents. Stop and think you need to calm down. Hell everyone does. Last thing Kiara and Losa needs is to be having to handle this mess. Con why don't you go get Ari, and Rayne and Valiant too. We can all go sit and talk. A look is just that Con a look. Think about how many times I have seen someone look at Payten and know the thoughts some of them have. But they can look all they want Payten is my wife. I do not care for bringing up the whole title thing. I do think we all can sit and talk like grown ups. Yes Payne is the King of Firyon and Payten the Princess which makes me the Prince but none of this really has to do with titles now does it?

He put his arm around his wife and looked at her. He kissed her.

You can bring it to Losa and Kiara if you must but maybe there is a way to work it out without it. Kiara just lost her best friend, so what do you think love? Can we all sit down and talk about this. Also if there was a look like Payne supposedly gave Cori and it was our daughter would you think we would be any less protective? Payne I know you would not do anything where as Cori is not grown, and Con has been having more temper issues as of late I will not make excuses for my brother but we are all adults and I am sure most of it that lead up to it was just a misunderstanding.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Payten » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Payne?

Payten saw the look on her brothers face, it was a look she had never ever seen before and it made him look dark and ugly. His hands were clenched at his sides and his breathing was shallow.

Payne?

He looked at her like he didn't know who she was for a moment then recognition flared, his fists unclenched but his tone was hard and cold as ice when he talked to her.

I have never and would never look at any woman fully grown or not like they are a piece of meat. I was not raised by wolves and therefore do not prowl like an animal stalking prey. Payten, Aranor is right. I know you love me and think you need to defend me but I did nothing wrong to warrant being talked down to the way I was, and you should not react the way you do at times. Despite what you may think Aranor this particular ocassion does warrant titles, look around you. These lands are filled with visiting dignitaries from Kingdoms all over Avurlund, would your King and Queen stand by idly if they were spoken to so insultingly as I was in front of other royalty? How do you think it would reflect on not only them but on the one speaking to them? If I offended my nieces other Uncle because his daughter happens to be lovely and I appreciate beauty in all its forms then that is his issue to deal with not mine. I wonder though, does Condrik realize just how old his daughter really is? I doubt it. Aranor I apologize for upsetting your brother and your wife. Now I think it's best if I take my leave and return to Firyon.

Payten looked between Aranor, Payne and Condrik.

Payne!

No Payten it's for the best. Unlike some people I am able to remember my manners and know when it best to just remove myself from a situation that could prove to be more embarrassing than it already had been.

Leaning over Payne kissed his sisters cheek and clapped Aranor on the shoulder.

I do hope that you will both come to Firyon soon. Kiss my niece for me.

Without so much as saying another word Payne walked away. Payten on the other hand was not as calm as her brother and had to remind herself over and over that she could not embarrass her brother any more than he already had been. Through gritted teeth she glared at Con.

Antolle ulua sulrim Dolle naa lost Kela Condrik Shadow! I'm sorry Bright Eyes, I need to try and stop Payne and if I can't he's at least going to be able to kiss Ema goodbye before he leaves.

Payten stormed off after her brother.

Rayne having heard the whole thing came up with Ariela in tow.

She just told you your an airhead and a giant windbag and to go away Con.

Ariela went to her husband shaking her head. She slipped her hand in his leaned up and kissed him then as always calmly told him her thoughts.

Don't say it Pal. I leave you alone for five minutes and your going insane? Babe what in the world has gotten into you? Rayne told me everything gotta love elven hearing and we do need to talk about it all, especially Cori wanting to move out but Con your acting like a mad man. Come on pal, let's go do what Aranor suggested and just talk this all out and when we are done I don't care how you manage to do it you have to apologize to Payne. You did over react pal. There's a difference between being protective and acting like a rabid dog babe. You wouldn't stand for someone talking to you or about you the way you did Payne look or no look.
Payten
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:23 pm

All I did do was come over and tell them that Cori was not allowed around Payne period. I am not the one that created the scene. Payten automatically went off about this and that. I take care of my child, I know she is almost grown but a grown male king or not don't need to be looking at her like she was some damn piece of meat. Payten is the one that decided to make more of a spectacle of it. IF those damn elves have such good hearing how come they only hear what they want to. I was leaving it as Cori is my daughter and that she was not allowed around Payne. It was Payten that decided to make more out of it. So I told them damn exactly why I don't want him around my daughter. Cori is grounded and is at her room at the Hall. Cori is not moving anywhere for the time being I am not having her fits given into. That will not help matters at all in fact have we not seen what it has done with certain people when they give into fits.

He was riled and he put an arm around his wife and kissed her. He could not remember the last time he was so riled by the actions of his daughter or anyone else.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Aranor Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 pm

He listened to what was going on and knew everyone just needed to calm down. He followed his wife and Payne.

Payne this is not going to solve anything I am trying to understand what the hell happened. You know Losa and Kiara will deal with any problems. I was only thinking about a way to deal with it without having to pull them a way at the moment. I meant no disrespect about the title what I was saying is King or not Con's actions would not be something tolerated. Con is overly protective of Cori, and once he calms some he might actually realize what I already know. You would not hurt anyone and you would not do anything to one so young. I know in elven years she is older than regular years and is almost grown. I was just thinking if we could all sit down and talk maybe there would be more clarity. Please Payne don't let Con's stupidity and all ruin your visit here. I know Ema would love to see you she has been around you as much as she has anyone and there is something that I have been meaning to talk to you about to that we had not got the chance to.

He looked at Payne and then Payten he was hoping that Payne would stay.
Aranor Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Ariela Shadow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Stop right there Pal. Do you hear yourself? Your still talking loud enough to turn heads and people can hear you talking about Payne, that's what the issue I have is! Not that you want to protect Cori but that your being loud and crude about the King of another realm in front of everyone! Con dammit are we back to this AGAIN? Where you think your right and everyone else is just ganging up against you? Lower your damn voice and chose your words before you speak them that's all I am saying! And thank you really I appreciate having no say in my daughters life just like I am sure Rayne appreciates not having a say either because you've decided your word is law again without calming down enough to talk.

No before you go thinking it I wasn't fighting with him, I rarely fight with him yanno. I can get my point across without having to fight with him and usually that does the trick. Sometimes I really do worry about him though. It's like he forgets how to focus and reads too much into what people are saying or doing instead of just seeing situations for what they really are. I know he upset Payten, I could see the hurt on her face when she stormed off after her brother. Can't say I blame her much if it was Alec someone was talking about eying a lady like meat or talking about how they looked like they wanted to maul her I know I would not have been anywhere near as calm as Payten. No lie she was calm compared to the hell I would have raised.

We really need to talk about all of this but if you're going to keep on being so defensive and loud I don't see the point.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time