Into The Shadows New Beginnings 4

Into The Shadows New Beginnings 4

Postby Ariela Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 3:50 pm

So I went to the Inn totally unaware that I had been followed or was being watched, truth be told I threw myself into the work I was doing there and it felt damn good to have the weight of worry lifted off me even if it was going to be for a little while. Those Ryder boys were all there, including Cross which I thought was a little off because he never went anywhere without Cade anymore but he explained that he was only on lunch break and had her off shopping for furniture for the house he had finished for his "client". Client my backside, I knew damn well he built that house for that woman himself. The whole thing was sweet and I was happy for our Cade, Cross is a damn good man yanno. Anyway with the weather getting warmer the Inn was almost always busy now, and I was glad that Nash was around to help out as much as he was. He decided to stay on in Pallia rather than going back to Hallia and I think that was a good thing, rifts needed to start being mended. So we were running around like headless chickens and it was fun. I was behind the bar taking care of drinks and Nash was on the floor serving food, the afternoon was going really good. A handful of Elite came in deciding they wanted to take their meal at the Inn rather than at the Hall and when they saw me I swear they paled to the point of almost being transparent. I laughed so hard.

Relax boys the General isn't in today, sit on down Nash'll be with you soon enough.

Yeah it was a busy afternoon alright and I didn't see my pal until it started to slow down a little. First time in what feels like forever I was dreading having to talk to him, terrible isn't it? Yeah tell me about it. So the smile went on and I went over to him.

You need something sweetheart?
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Re: Into The Shadows New Beginnings 4

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon May 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Aww you got rid of the scruff? I liked the scruff.

Kiara winked at him when he came out of the bathroom, but that wink soon changed when her eyes narrowed down.

Since when do you go into the other room to change huh? Don't tell me your getting shy on me now Losa Shadow I don't think I could handle it.

She loved being able to tease him but that teasing had to come to an end because they did have something important they needed to get to and they were still in conversation about Con. Slipping her arm through his they walked from the Hall of Shadows towards town and the chapel where Rayne, Valiant and the cleric should be waiting.

Did anyone stop and think that maybe Rayne didn't know about Cori right off and by the time she did there wasn't time to tell him? Or how do we know she didn't send a message to him and he never got it? We don't know any of the details Angel and I think before we start pointing fingers at anyone we need to find out what happened with her and whats happening with Con. If we can't reach him and Ori can't reach him hell I don't know what we're going to do but we'll figure something out. Angel do you remember when Dakota said that we didn't know the extent of the damage he was capable of? What if all of this has something to do with that? What if somehow he was able to, hell I don't know maybe I'm just grasping at straws here. I just think theres something more going on here than any one of us really knows and you know how I hate not being in control of a situation. I hate fighting against something I can't see or put a name to and it feels like that exactly what we are doing.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Condrik Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Yes actually I do need something

He pulled her to him and kissed her deeply holding her to him and running his hand through her hair. He leaned his head on her shoulder and spoke to her.

I need my princess, I am sorry princess I do not know what has gotten into me. But somehow we would have ended up together Rayne and I would not have stayed together and you know I would not change our family for anything. I love you Ari and I know my moods have been kind of strange but I also know I have all that I need with you and our family.

He looked at her not wanting to let go of her yet hell he did not care who was watching them. He stayed close to her and watched her.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 pm

He was not sure of all that was going on but he was trying to figure it out, he could not understand what he was going through so how could he expect anyone else to. He could not expect Ari to understand not when he did not even know what to do how could she help him if they did not know what was causing it. He was not going to just let things keep going though he needed to find a way to fix that which was going on. Could it be a part of what his father had done or something his mother would know about? It could be but one could not be too sure so for now he was just going to have to be careful.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Losa » Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Well I did not think Rayne would apprecciate me looking like I just rolled out of bed. Nope not getting shy on you at all but figured since I had to get washed up I could just get changed too. Later you can undress me though if you are that worried about me getting shy on you.

He smiled and walked with her kissing her and walking close with her

Of course I was thinking about her not knowing she was pregnant but she had to know at some point Kiara. Of course we need to find out details we can not go jumping to one's defense or the others we need to look at it from both sides of the matter. I do not know what Dakota Sr or Jr could have done. Yes I remember him saying something. I agree something more is going on than any of us really knows and I know you hate not being in control. Fighting something we do not know is hard because we do not know how to fight what we do not know. It is what we are doing and as much as I hate to drag her into it we do need Ori's help.

He smiled as they got where they were going.

You know the third time was the charm for Condrik and I got the feeling it will be that way for Rayne as well. What do you think Spitfire?
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Ariela Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Yanno going back and rereading all my chronicles I've seen just how much we've all changed. Losa and Kiara can disagree without it turning into an all out brawl, they actually sit down and talk out whatever they need to, sure sometimes they get a little heated but it never escalates to the points it used to. I've hunkered down into my role as wife and mother alot easier than everyone including myself thought I would, I could never see myself living the way I did before. I didn't know what I was missing back then. My pal really has mellowed out immensely and I think that's why I was so on edge when his moods started switching back and forth the way they did. Take what happened earlier and look at the way he was acting at the inn. I really wasn't up for another go round with him so I took that moment to just forget everything else and hoped for the best.

You know I love you too pal. I'm sorry I haven't been more understanding, I guess I still just look at the world differently no matter what the situation is so let's just stand by our original agreement we made all those years ago. Agree to disagree.

I didn't know what else to say or if I should say anything at all after that so I just led him to a table and leaned down and kissed him.

I don't know if Payten is coming in tonight or not, I would think she's at home resting, the further along she gets the more calm she seems to be, I'm sure Aranor is glad for that, anyway I think I might be stuck here a little longer than I planned pal unless you can get someone here we can trust to take over.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Well we should see about getting someone here that can take care of things. You know maybe Nash could stay we already know that he can handle it and it just so happens I had plans for my wife and I for tonight. Unless of course you do have to stay.
He pulled her close and kissed her again.

I know we are not always going to agree on things Ari. But we also have never been the ones to be fighting about this or that either. So who else could we see about covering so that I can do something with my princess.

He winked at her and held her hand kissing her hand.

You know Princess it's been a long while since we had a night out.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Mon May 18, 2009 5:30 pm

I think you better go find out why that elf is trying to climb out that window over there that's what I think.

Kiara couldn't believe what she was seeing. They came upon the little chapel where smaller unions were held just in time to see Raynes head and half her body popping out the window. The closer they got the louder the elfs cursing got and Kiara walked up to her leaning up against the outside wall next to that window.

Forget how to use the front door Ray? Or have you finally come to your senses and realized this is probably one of the most stupidest...

Losa shot her one of those looks and she backed away slowly.

Alright I'll stay out of it. I'll be inside let me know when it's safe to come out again alright?

She kissed Losa on the cheek and smacked his backside.

Good Luck with that one Shadow, you know you're going to need it.

She went inside like she said she was going to and saw Valiant standing next to the cleric with a very amused expression on his face, poor Cleric Albright looked like he was going to faint again.

So exactly why is it she's trying to escape through a backroom window?

The cleric mopped his brow.

I'm afraid it's my fault your Majesty. I was simply going over the vows before we got started, I should have known better with the women in this town, especially with that woman not to expect to hear the words obey come out of any of their mouths. When I got to that part she just took off.

Kiara shook her head and laughed.

A simple mistake Cleric, don't worry she'll be back as soon as our King can peel her off the wall. I'm sure that our elfs groom doesn't truly expect her to say the word let alone actually obey, after all he wants a woman not a dog that can't think or act for herself isn't that right Valiant?

Kiara threw him her trademark wink and noted the light in his eyes when she spoke of Rayne. Maybe Losa was right, maybe for the elf, Valiant would be just who and what she needed.
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Ariela Shadow » Mon May 18, 2009 5:37 pm

You know you're the boss around here too so if you say I can't stay then I don't have to stay. I'm sure Nash can handle everything and if Richard needs more help then he can call in Orion or someone. Spending time with you sounds perfect but you remember what happened the last time we were alone don't you? We ended up with Brendan and Brayden.

I nudged him playfully, of course there was no way I was having anymore babies anytime soon, I made damn sure to take care of that. Oh we do have other children not going to get into how many now but let me just say that our family isn't small at all. Anyway I actually got a little excited at the idea of a night with my pal without having to worry about anything or having to get up to take care of this baby or that baby. Don't get me wrong I love all my children but even the best mamas need a break now and then. So I told Richard I was leaving then tossed myself into Cons arms.

I'm all yours pal, now exactly what is it you plan on doing?
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Tierney » Mon May 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Tierney was starting to get nervous. There was a difference between worried and being a little on edge. It had been over twenty four hours since Toras had gone off on the task that Kiara and Losa had given him and she hadn't heard anything from him. Normally she would have gone with him but she knew he had to be alert and she wasn't going to be a distraction for him. Given all that they had been through, her confidence in her husband was probably more than what most women had in their men which was why she wasn't climbing the walls or setting out to find him just yet. If Toras wasn't home come morning or if she didn't hear anything by then, she already made up her mind she was going to go to her new family and ask them as politely as she could for someone to find out just where her husband was. A simple mission such as the one he was on given his shadow abilities should not be taking so long.
Tierney
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Mon May 18, 2009 5:50 pm

He laughed and went through the shadows and went up to his sister. He lifted the elf out of the window and was laughing.

Ok Rayne out with it what in the world are you doing? Let me guess either the love or obey part scared ya off. Don't you know the males have to say it too not just you stubborn females? After all what is fair is fair. Plus no one who knows you would expect you to obey all the time. Come on Rayne don't make me carry you down I do not think the shoulder is healed enough for that. And if Kiara sees me in pain I am not going to hear the end of it and I do not want to show her just yet. So let's go get you married off you know there would be a line of women wanting your man if you take off on him. Maybe I would just need to go let them know you left him standing at the altar.

He lifted her off the floor and started carting her off.

Let's go sis you are getting married and you are going to make that man obey you too what do you think of that
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Raynalia » Mon May 18, 2009 6:01 pm

The elf was running her mouth not caring that she was in a house of the Gods, if they didn't want her to be the way she was they wouldn't have made her that way in the first place. Losa carted her off through the backroom and down the aisle while she was still ranting.
Tisn't the love part Losa Shadow an' ye be knowin' it! Can love the man with me body all I want d'nay mean it's gotta be with me heart but ye know I d'nay do well with obeyin'! Losa I ain't playin' with ye! Best be puttin' me down! Whys that damn word so damn important to be sayin' anyway? We be people not dogs. Fetch doggy, sit doggy, heal doggy. Tis a damn disgrace ta be puttin' that word inta something like marriage vows. Honor, respect, trust, love, thems are proper words but obey? Bullshite.
Losa put her down alright, he dropped her right in front of Valiant and the clerics feet. She sat there arms folded glaring up at him while Kiara was next to Losa trying to keep the smile off her face. She eyed the red haired woman.
D'nay be gettin' smarmy Kiara Jade, I'll smack that smile clean off ye face.
Kiara just shook her head at her, grabbed her by the wrist and pulled the elf up to her feet. Rayne brushed off her clothes and looked at the cleric.
D'nay say it preacher man I know I know gotta fill the penance box for not givin' a right wit what I be sayin' 'neath this roof, d'nay be worryin' I will.
She turned to Valiant then grinning.
Well ye got me 'ere Astald, should we be gettin' on with this then?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Valiant Panton » Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

He laughed looking at her.

And just how many bad things have you been saying darling marrying me can not be that bad now can it? So are we ready to do this? I mean after what the cleric got paid best not be asking for a penance if he knows what is good for him. Right Cleric Albright or I could always take the larger donation back to my pocket if that is how you wish the game to be played.

He just looked at them and waited.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Tue May 19, 2009 12:19 am

Tisn't a matter a him askin' Astald tis a matter of tradition fer me. Been caught on more 'n one occasion cussin' up a storm in the mans place o' worship. Ye deaf man? D'nay ye be hearin' me when I was bein' hauled back here? Ain't got nothin' ta do with marryin' ye Astald, just c'nay see meself ever obeyin' anyone. Iffin' I c'nay obey their royal Majesties over yonder how in the hell can I be expected ta obey anyone? Ye have no...
The elf was cut off when the cleric took her hand and patted it, Cleric Albright was a fatherly type who had been the elfs primary council when she was being torn in her self made hell. The cleric put her hand in Valiants and gave the man a sympathetic glance.
The men in this realm have been asked the same question for years when one of their own are getting ready to marry one of the women connected in anyway to the Connor- Shadow family, you will be no different. Are you sure you know what your getting yourself into my son? Our women are not the easiest in the world to handle. Now Kiara Jade get that look off your face you know I speak nothing but the truth. Pallias women are some of the most strong willed and free spirited in the world, you and yours are what make Pallia unique from all other realms. Now.. let's begin shall we?
The cleric went through all the usual prayers and rites that came with uniting two people as one, when he asked the question who gives this woman to this man Losa all but shoved at the elf into Valiant and said he and his Queen would gladly give her to anyone who wanted her. Rayne punched him in the leg then tried to look as sorry as she could while promising again to fill the penance box. When it was time to say the vows Rayne promised everything she was supposed to and grinned when the cleric skipped the part about obeying and said "try to listen" instead. The funny thing was after she punched Losa her full attention was on Valiant and those dark warm eyes, she was held in his gaze right up to the moment where the cleric announced they were husband and wife and she was hauled up against him for the kiss that would seal their union. She laughed in the middle of that kiss when she heard Kiara asking Losa if he knew what the next two days meant. Rayne turned her head but stayed in Valiants arms grinning and nodding she said just three words.
Free for all.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue May 19, 2009 12:32 am

Well we can't do what we did that night just yet but come on princess. Come with me.

He had told Nash what he would need in the basket and the other stuff was already there sleeping bags and a shelter for them. He brought her through the wooded area behind the Inn until they reached the small area he had set up.

Me and you with food and drink, and just some straight out alone time. Some time of just me and my princess. I even made sure your side of the sleeping bag had more padding so my princess did not have to sleep on the hard ground.

He winked at her and pulled her to him and sat down holding her and kissed her neck gently.

I love you Ari,I am truly blessed to have you as my wife and in my life.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Ariela Shadow » Tue May 19, 2009 12:47 am

You all are going to think I am the most spoiled ungrateful bitch on the planet I'm not I swear I just wasn't expecting the alone time Con talked about to be spent sleeping on the ground in some little shack hut thingy. Look let's be honest here, I've always pampered my inner princess and I've never had a problem spending gold on any luxury I wanted. Alot has changed about me but there are some things that won't ever change. So yeah I was a little taken aback when he brought me to the place where we would be spending the night, but at the same time I know he was doing the best he could and that was more important than any satin sheets or luxury inn in some foreign city. I wasn't going to let the snobby side of myself ruin the night he had planned. Just the fact that he thought of something special for us to be alone together made me smile and that was enough.

I love you too pal, you really thought all of this up just so we could get some real alone time? Well I'm glad you did. Everyone has been so stressed out for one reason or another and this right here, we both needed this.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

He had to laugh and when he was told he could kiss her he lifted off the ground into his arms to kiss her and then held her to him. He was listening to them go back and forth and he held his arm around her waist.

So what is the deal with a free for all?

He smiled and stayed close to his elf, to his wife and he had to grin.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue May 19, 2009 12:56 am

He noticed her reaction and he smiled slightly and kissed her again.

Sorry Ari I do not want to go too far in case we are needed as this was just something I decided we needed. Don't worry princess you can use me as your pillow if you need to I am more comfortable then the ground.

He was grinning and he touched her face gently. I know you love me Ari you have loved me longer than I wanted to realize it.

He had sat down bringing her into his lap and strarted to massage her shoulders and neck. He knew she would be tense and he was going to do what he could for his princess.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue May 19, 2009 12:59 am

I got this one Majesty. You need to go to the Inn and have it shut down for the night, gather those Ryders and call all the family together Angel,this celebration will be no different than any other, we all need to be there, just leave Ari and Con be wherever they are, I don't need or want a fight started. Camps are already being set up and they are just as sufficient as they were when Grace and Bryce were wed. We have plenty to celebrate do we not and I know we could all stand to have a little fun.

Kiara turned on Valiant then, her green eyes were gleaming wickedly.

Anytime something good, something worth celebrating happens whether it's a marriage, a birth, an engagement or someone being promoted to a high rank within our Order we call what is known as a free for all held at the Hall of Shadows. Depending on the situation we have anywhere between one and seven days to do absolutely nothing or everything whatever we chose to do. A free for all. The words should explain themselves but I know you aren't used to our little customs and traditions around here. You'll get used to them though, everyone does and soon you'll learn there is no place like Pallia in all this world. Now if you'll excuse me... I have some more planning to do.

There went her trademark wink and she bounced out the door full of giddy excitement, it had been some time since a true free for all was called and dammit they were going to do whatever they could to have themselves a little bit of fun.
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Raynalia » Tue May 19, 2009 1:10 am

The woman is daft you realize this I hope? She makes these little free for alls sound so innocent and fun but someone always ends up hurt or something bigger than what we are supposed to be celebrating always happens. True they can be fun but at the same time can be dangerous as hell.
Rayne was explaining her side of Kiaras little free for alls while they walked out of the chapel, she stopped just before the doors and dug into the pouch attached to her side producing a smaller pouch and dropped it in the box just inside the doors on the wall.
I know I don't have to do it but it makes the preacher man feel better about my soul. He's been trying to save me for years and thinks if I can't behave my way into the heavens maybe I can buy my way in. Not too sure how right he is about that but I like to make him happy and he uses the money to help the poor so it goes for a good cause. Now are you ready to see just what one of these little gatherings that woman is all excited about? We have to at least put in an appearance because this one is being called for us.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby TJ Deamons » Tue May 19, 2009 1:19 am

He was waiting back at the hall for Kiara.

The elves are still at least a few days out they did not know they were being followed. It seems that they do know Rayne is alive he actually said about claiming what was his that kept getting away I am assuming that is your friend. But he also spoke of wanting a peace deal with Pallia he said very little else that I could keep up with

He knew this was probably not the news that she wanted but he was not going to lie to the woman either.

Now if that is all you need I am going to go see my wife.

Once he was dismissed he tore through the shadows to go see her. He grinned and slid an arm around her.

So ya miss me Tierney
TJ Deamons
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 am

He grinned and kissed her again and had his arm around her.

With a mouth like yours I am sure they have been able to buy many things. So we will go check this thing out as you said it is because of the wedding. Well because it was your wedding. Now see it was a good thing you went and spoke to Cori about it because she would have found out when this was called for.

He smiled at her and held her close to him and kissed her again.

Shall we go my wife
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Tierney » Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 am

Tierney was in the middle of packing a small satchel, one she carried with her at all times when she and TJ were on the run, she hadn't heard anything from him or about him by evening so she was going to set off in the morning if nothing changed to find him herself. She heard him when he came out of the shadows, so there was no surprise for her to show when he came up behind her and slipped an arm around her waist. She stopped packing and turned in his arms. Giving him the once over with her eyes she nodded curtly then broke out into a smile touching his cheek with her fingertips.
Dhon ves' tacha...
Putting both hands on each side of his face she pulled him down to her for a warm wet kiss.
Very much beloved. Truth be told, I was going to come looking for you if I didn't hear from you by morning. I know that would not have been the right thing to do, afterall you were sent on this mission and you had to see it through. It was only my nerves talking. As much as life has settled down to a comfortable pace for us, I am still a little on edge but it will pass in time I know this. I am very happy you are home Beast. I take it there was no trouble?
Tierney
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Tue May 19, 2009 1:42 am

He did as his wife asked him to do that is when he found out that Con and Ari were off somewhere he just had to smile at that he knew they needed the time just the two of them. So he helped to shut down the inn and gathered everyone that he could. Soon he was back at the Hall with his wife. Free for all when called was fun but sometimes it would get him to thinking about a darker time.

Your wishes were carried out my queen will there be anything else?

He had gone over to her and told her what he knew would set things at ease a bit that his brother and Ari were gone for the night anyways. That would be a bit of weight off of everyone's shoulder.
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 am

Kiara sat down heavily on the steps inside the Hall of Shadows, she had been walking down them when Losa found her. Already she could hear their Elite outside raising a ruckus, it brought a smile to her lips but that smile faded when he asked her if there was anything else.

TJ came back. He said the elves are just a few days away and that Elarion knows about Rayne. I know you and Valiant think that just because he married her she's safe but I can't help think otherwise. We do have one thing we can use as leverage though. TJ tells me Elarion does want an agreement with Pallia, the only way we are going to let that happen is if he swears by blood that he won't go after our elf. There can't be any loopholes and I know what you are going to say to this but I want her guarded as much as she can be without it seeming like we are interfering. Would it be so bad to ask her to just stay here for a week or two?
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Next

Return to Shadows of Time