Into The Shadows: New Beginnings II

Re: Into The Shadows: New Beginnings II

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

Here's a thought. You say we know nothing good of this man right? Talk to Ori pal. She knows him, do you really think she would have trusted him to serve in wars so close to the people she loves if she thought he was no good? Please don't look at me that way pal. You know I try to look at every situation from all angles. You don't know anything about this man but you haven't taken the time to know anything about him either. How can you say the things you have about Rayne and her decision when Katie Joy and Quinn were married in less than a week after meeting one another? Or Cyranda was hopping into bed with SJ not even two days after meeting him and look at them. We don't know how either of them feels about one another and you may not care but the truth is, if Valiant is going to be a part of Raynes life he will end up being a part of Coris life.

When I looked at him I saw more of the man I loved and married, the man I vowed to love and honor but that did very little to ease the worry I had for him. His mood swings were really frightening on some levels. While he was more like himself I was going to do my best to keep him from snapping again but the subject of Rayne could not be so easily dismissed. I talked about her enough for one night though and I knew that.

We can talk about this later though. It's been another long night and right now I just want to spend the rest of it at home curled up on our couch with you.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 am

I do have a question what became of Gabriel Shadowbain? I know you do not love me Rayne, but I also know it would not be right to marry a woman that is in love with someone. I know I can not kill Con because he is Cori's father but it also does not mean I can not knock him on his ass and knock him down a few pegs. I mean what would be the harm in that? He wants to call me dangerous he has no idea. Rayne I want to marry you because it will help protect you and we can get to know more about each other as time goes along. I mean the way we act with each other Elarionis that his name will not be able to see past the way we are to know that you don't love me.

He sat down on the ground pulling her into his lap massaging her shoulders and back and kissing her cheek.

You my elf are so wound up if you do not get unwound you are going to snap into a twig. Now with that said you just need to relax a little. I did hear bits and pieces of that story before. It was funny when I was working for Oriana there were some that thought I could be paid enough to betray her trust but I would not do that to someone. Not that it matters about Kayne and I. I was just messing with her joking around it is how we have always been that is how I came to be with the mustangs. It was a plan we set up. We had to get her in to where she could see what was going on and then that damn Saul had to act all stupid. Though if I had not done all that I would not have found you. I know I do not have to worry about you looking elsewhere for what you need because as you said all you got to do is wiggle that ass and my attention is on you. Now about Kayne and I, we are friends and have been nothing more. Sometimes she calls on me for more delicate tasks. I was just teasing her in front of her husband, though what you had done was brilliant. I have never slept with her nor would I look at her as more of an employer than anything else.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah Kaite the Artist and Quinn the weapons maker and sometime poet. We had a lot to be concerned about there. We all said when SJ found someone he would fall and fall hard. Not so surprising the oaf found someone so different from him to love. What I am saying is what we do know of the man is he is a mercenary that goes where the money is. I mean think about this he met Rayne while he was making money. Do you really think he would not up and do something to anyone for money it has been his life and what he does. She claims to know the man, she claimed to know me at one point and knew nothing of me. As I said I will not forgive her, and nothing says I have to forgive her. She kept my child a secret from me. The moment she knew she was pregnant I should have been notified. There was no excuse for that unless she had done something where she was unsure of if Cori is mine. A child should not be kept from their father. Why is it when something happens it always seems to be the other side you are arguing for instead of seeing it my way and how I am feeling. The truth is as her father I can and will keep that man away from Cori if I so choose he is nothing but trouble. Or do you forget before I settled down here I did lots of traveling?

He shook his head and just headed for home with her. He was tired of the same old thing everyone always sticking up for Rayne and him always being the bad guy in it all.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Kayne » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am

That hour passed so quickly Kayne became dizzy. In one hours time she went from swimming in a pool nearly ready to tell Zhulin what she was really feeling to laying beside him in complete comfortable silence. He told her earlier that her actions spoke differently than her words and being unable to trust her words, she let her actions speak for her. She loved that man but she couldn't tell him. She knew she should especially now that he was leaving for war, but if she told him and he never returned she would become broken. She could not afford to break. Still she had to say something didn't she so he knew that he had something, someone waiting for him to come home safe. In the silence of their room Kayne slipped from his arms and put on his shirt. In silence she went around the room collecting objects that she was putting into a black bag. When she was done she went back into the bed sitting beside him. She put the bag on his chest, her hand went to his hair, she loved those curls. She broke the silence after she leaned over and kissed him, softly, warmly.

Your book, your orb and my compact are in that bag. You have to get ready now Highness.

What she didn't tell him was inside the compact was a small slip of paper and written on that paper were the three words she couldn't bring herself to give voice to. Silence reigned once again, there really wasn't any need for words. Kayne took him by the hand and brought him into the bathing room. There she went into the shower with him washing his hair, smiling now and then and when she wasn't too busy trying to keep herself from begging him not to go she would steal a kiss. She helped him dress even though she knew he didn't need it and when she was dressed herself without her having to ask he tied the lacing at the back of her dress. When they were both ready they walked in that silence to the outside of the palace where the Captains Royal Guard were waiting for him. Dropping her hand from his she touched his face tenderly.

Don't worry about anything here. I'll take care of everything.

She leaned up and kissed him on last time letting that kiss linger until she was forced to move away. Before she turned away from him Kayne whispered in his ear.

Come back to me Zhulin, I mean it, I was not meant to be a widow so soon and I need you home.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 am

He kissed her and held her to him.

You know something we did not ask love, was how old these kids are we do not know really what to prepare for. I know this is going to be hard for you but in a way maybe it will help some with what you have been missing. Though with the stories I have heard may the Gods help us if these two are like you and your brother were. We will have a hell of a time on our hands. So what should we do to prepare for them? We will need to set up where they are going to stay. Just let me know what I can do to help.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Raynalia » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am

The elf laughed so loud the sound bounced all through the valley.
Valiant after all I just told you, you think you need to explain yourself and Kayne to me? No explanation is needed believe me but thank you for doing so anyway. What became of Gabriel? Truth? Hell if I know. Do I care? Damn right I do for this reason only, he was a big part of my life and I will always care about him but if there is one thing I have learned from all my experiences love does not always conquer all and I know if I saw him again yeah my heart might skip a few beats but just like with Condrik, I know I could never stay with him. I've had plenty of time to realize I'll always love Gabriel and Condrik both in their own way but I also know I'm not in love with either one of them. Hell I'm not sure I'm capable of being in love again to be honest with you.
Was she being honest about that though? The more she was with Valiant the more she couldn't be away from him. When she woke in the morning the first thing she thought of was him, which was in a way the most ridiculous thing she could do because she could never see him actually loving anyone let alone someone like her. She felt like she was caught in a time warp of sorts, only again the players had changed. She leaned against him sighing.
I'm not going to snap like a twig, I'm not as fragile as I was once, it takes a hell of alot more than someone like Condrik Shadow to get me to snap, but that doesn't mean you have to stop what your doing Astald. Feels damn good. Wanna know something? It's really pretty funny actually. I wasn't lying when I told Con being with you felt right.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 am

The hell he didn't. Yeah he sure did. I felt like we stepped back in time, back to when he thought I was just like everyone else around him, out to get him and let me tell you it wasn't all that hard for me to fall right back into that old skin of mine.

You must be out of your mind pal or you've just forgotten who you're talking to. You know I always look at everything different from everyone else, it's not a matter of arguing for the other side, it's about seeing everything from all sides and finding a solution everyone can agree to. I cannot believe after all this time you would say something like that to me. See how you feel or take your side for once? What the hell is that? I chased you for over a damn year stood beside you through hell even when I knew I ran the risk of being permanently damage and heartbroken because there was the chance you could never love me the way I loved you and yet there I was for you. I never said one word about Rayne keeping Cori from you did I? No I haven't brought that up at all because you are right you don't have to forgive her for that choice. That was never the issue, the issue I am having though is how you are handling this entire situation. You may not be able to see it but your acting just like you did when she left. Cold, cruel, unbending and dammit Condrik Shadow do you realize you've hinted more than once you don't even know if Cori is yours? What if Cori heard you huh? The girl can shadowwalk or have you forgotten that? How do you know she didn't hear everything you said to her mother? Your all up in arms about Rayne hurting her but Rayne hasn't said anything like you have that your daughter may or may not have overheard and what are you going to do if she did? How are you going to make it right for her? None of us are perfect pal, not me, not you, not Rayne. There were stories about you too once upon a time or did you forget that? Did you forget if it weren't for that damn elf you and your brother could have very well killed each other? You may not be able to forgive her for keeping Cori a secret when she learned she was pregnant but if you talk about our daughters birth mother like that one more time I may have to call Dusty to pop you one. Am I sticking up for her now? Hell yes I am for no other reason than she is Coris mother and she has treated you with the respect you deserve because you are Coris father.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Zhulin » Wed May 13, 2009 11:52 am

He did not want the time to pass so quickly but it did. He knew from her actions that he was right that her actions were what was telling him the truth from the kiss she gave him to all she gave of herself while they were in bed. He almost laughed when she dragged him off to clean him up as he cleaned her up as well kissing when they could he smiled he knew this must be hard on her. He did not fully want to go but knew that it was his role now and his commitment to her, their majesties, and the kingdoms people. He let her help dress him after all he liked her fussing over him he knew enough to tie the back of her. When they went out together he wanted to say something to her but he just smiled. He knew all eyes were on him and he was to take his place leading them. He looked to the men and he was not nervous. He had all he needed.

He stood there with her and kissed her back.

I will be coming home to you Kayne, I promise you that. Just do me a favor and listen to your cousins and do not go out there trying to get peace right now. If it is beyond that it is not safe and I really do not want to have to kill a whole camp to find you. Though I would and you know that. I will see you soon

He grinned and kissed her deeply and smiled at her he leaned to her ear.

I love you and just think while this is going in you have the bed all to yourself.

He winked and walked away to go with the rest of the men. A few of them gathered and talked then took off.
Between nowhere and somewhere
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed May 13, 2009 12:31 pm

He smiled at her and kissed her softly as he continued to massage her.

I meant as tight as your muscles are I would not want you to move the wrong way and snap. I am sure it does feel good to have all the knots taking out. See I am good to keep around for a few reasons. I am not going anywhere Rayne. Now about this stuff with Con, how about we let the man get to know me. I have nothing to hide.

His mouth went and kissed her neck then her ears.

I know if I was a father I would not want my daughter around a man I could not trust. Any father would be that way. So why fight him on it, you can get your time with Cori and I will only be around when he is also there. That way he can see I am no danger to his daughter. All I can think of is he may have heard a story about something that happened long ago it just came to me Rayne. But his fears could be based off that story.

He sighed and laid back bringing her with him his arm around her and kissed her. He took a breath.

Just hear me out on this before you pass judgement. This happened back before I was even known around here. I had a dark reputation. Which I still do with a lot of people. There was this group I was involved with they were in a war. The next part is really sick. They decided to take the females be it wives daughters all of them that were at least 13 they did things to them that are things I could never even describe or think of. I was ordered to take one by force and I would not do it. You know that mark across my back where I said I was punished for not following orders that is where that came from. Most know the story of what happened there. They do not know what happened afterward. I left that group obviously and one by one I killed each one to set the females they had taken and kept free. I could bring you back where that happened if you have any reason to doubt my story. In fact that is another time I turned down money when the males found out what happened they offered me rewards to thank me and I would not take them. There was one girl that I could not save by the time I got to her there was no saving her I tried to save her. At first I was blamed for her death and then when others stepped forward saying what I had done I was dismissed. They never said i was not guilty. I had the blood of the girl on me because I took her after killing her captor and ran for the village as I did not know much I kept as much pressure as I could on the wound. It was rumored that I had let the child die because it was mixed race. Hell I did not even pay attention to that. As you can probably guess she was half human half elf. The other one that was with her lived. She even told the others I had taken off with the already injured girl to try and save her. The other girl came back to town on her own. Seems that particular man had a liking for the one over the other.

He looked at her his eyes were a bit distant at the moment he was thinking about that female he had let one die, she was so young. He let out a bit of a sigh he closed his eyes he was wondering what he would see when he opened them and looked at her.

It was after that I became more of the mercenary you have seen. I will not usually kidnap someone or anything like that the thing with Kayne was planned by her and I so it was different. I can not see someone hurting a woman or a child that is why when you were given to me for the night I told you we did not have to do anything. I do not believe in taking someone by force.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Jerrica » Wed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh gods she's at it again.

It took almost four months since they arrived in Iallia for Jerri to get back on her feet and once she was, there was no stopping her. Her days were spent with Casey and James, and with Kayne when the woman wasn't off here and there going all over the world to settle this or that, or to arrange this or that. Her color still wasn't completely right, but why would it be she had been so sick for so long it was going to take some time for her to be completely normal again. When she heard Kayne in the rooms next door she had been in the middle of helping James with his lessons in reading, the boy was smart and was reading at levels higher than he should have been, all of them were proud of him and the Queen herself had taken to the boy. Life in Iallia was good for all of them except there was one big part missing. Zhulin was still at war and it wasn't often they heard from him. Kayne had started to be sick with worry though she wouldn't admit it to herself. At least everyone thought it was sick with worry until Jerri walked in on her one afternoon and found her doubled over throwing up everything in her stomach, a stomach that looked a little too round. It took everything she had not to ply her friend with questions, Jerris own common sense told her exactly what was wrong with Kayne and if she knew the Princess she wouldn't admit the truth anyway. Getting off the floor where she was sitting with James Jerri walked passed Casey and patted his cheek.

I just want to make sure she's alright. You know if that man doesn't come home soon I think she's going to lose it.

Leaning over she kissed him then left the room to go next door. Sure enough when she went inside she found Kayne over the toilet again and she pulled her friends hair back while she rubbed her back. She didn't say anything until Kayne sat up and folded her arms across her stomach.

Kayne honey you have to tell someone, this isn't good for either of you. Come on let's get cleaned up. You know you look like hell.

Loud mouthed Kayne didn't say a word while Jerri cleaned off her face, told her to brush her teeth and helped her change into something more easy to sleep in. Just like she thought it was there. The bump. Kayne just looked at her and Jerri did her best to smile while she tucked her friend into bed.

You don't have to say it I know. It's alright. This will all be over soon Kayne and he'll be home you'll see.

Jerri stayed until Kayne was asleep. When she went back to her own rooms she was shaking her head and pulled Casey to the side out of James hearing range.

Casey... you know I don't know a damn thing about wars, but shouldn't we have heard something from your brother by now? Kayne sent him with her compact but she hasn't heard anything at all. I hope this ends soon, she needs him home.

There was a scream from Kaynes room that sent Jerri into a panic. She tore back over to where she left her friend sleeping and collided with Xavier who was standing in the middle of the room while Kyne was cradling his cousin in his arms. Jerri had never seen Kayne hysterical before but that's what she was witnessing now. Heartwrenching sobs came from her friend and Kayne was hitting her cousin calling him every cuss word Jerri had ever heard and she had heard them all. Xavier pulled her out into the hallway and ordered James to go back into his rooms. Casey was standing there when Xavier laid the news on them that had brought Kayne to the point she was at.

We received a missive...

The way he was looking at Casey and how he would look at his cousins door made Jerris heart sink, without thinking she reached for Caseys hand.

There is no easy way to say this. I don't even know where to begin. He.. from.. Zhulin is gone Casey. All our reports tell us he fell in battle two weeks ago. I'm sorry. Their Majesties wanted me to inform you that you are our family and can stay living here as long as you wish. I wish I had the right words to say... I'm sorry.

That day began almost a year long period of hell. Everyone believed that Zhulin was gone. Kayne walked the palace like she was entranced. She never wore anything but black, never spoke unless she was spoken to, no one heard her laugh or smile anymore, there was nothing left of the woman that they had all known. She and Casey did everything they could to make life as good as possible for James and for themselves, in the mean time Kayne gave birth to thank the gods healthy baby girl that she named Zuri but for all the joy that baby brought there was still that sadness lingering over Kayne like a dark cloud. A dark cloud that reflected the storm that was raging outside.
Last edited by Jerrica on Wed May 13, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrica
Stablehand

Postby Kayne » Wed May 13, 2009 12:59 pm

It was near eleven months to the day that he left her to go off into war and still she was no better. Why did everyone around her try to get her to smile, to laugh? The only comfort Kayne could find was when she looked into the blue eyes of her daughter and saw him there. Even that brought a pain to her that she never knew could even exist. How could the gods have been so cruel to bring him into her world into her heart only to have him ripped away from her fighting for the very thing she detested? Land wars were so unnecessary, so many died for a piece of dirt, that was why she always threw herself into any negotiation that could bring peace without bloodshed. No man woman or child should have to lose their life for something as worthless as land. No man. A tear rolled down Kaynes cheek, she was sitting near the window of her room, a room that seemed so empty to her even with the baby there, watching the storm raging outside, the storm that raged inside her if it could have been unleashed would have brought Iallia to ruins, could have brought all of Avurland to ruins. Jerri, Casey, her Aunt and Uncle, her cousins all tried to bring whatever comfort they could to her but she shunned them all, she was content to live with her misery and her memories. Those memories made her eyes shift to the dragon hilted sword that hung above her bed, it was all she had left of him, it had been returned to her with the missive that told them her Prince had fallen. His body they said was too how had they put it damaged for her to be able to look upon him and see that he was truly gone, when his remains were sent home she didn't look, couldn't bring herself to gaze upon the destruction war had brought to her Prince, she only stayed beside the casket bearing the crest she had created for them for the week long funeral rites granted all royalty of Iallia. When that casket was sealed in the royal tomb she stayed there for hours until her cousins came and forced her to her bed. Eleven months of hell without him. Kayne was so lost in her grief that she didn't hear the commotion coming from the hall. People were shouting and someone ran passed her door shouting for Casey, then she heard one word that sent her running like she were fire. She heard his name. She ran from her room through the halls and to the front doors of the palace. Throwing open the doors she saw a figure on horseback riding like the devil himself were after them through the gates. Rain poured in through the opened doors and she was getting soaked but she didn't notice, she was caught in the gaze of the most sparkling blue eyes she had ever seen. He was close enough for her to see him, to know him and before she reached the doors he was off his steed and she was running to him through the storm, thunder rolled with every stride she took, he stood there so still she thought for a minute maybe she was imaging he was there. He was no figment of her imagination, he was real a fact that was confirmed when she was lifted off the ground as soon as she threw herself at him. The rain hid her tears she held on to him while she kissed him long and deep, her fingers found their way into those beautiful soaked curls and through her kisses she choked back her sobs of sheer joy. Her broken heart healed right there on that very spot in that very moment and she pulled away from him long enough to tell him what she should have told him before.

I love you Zhulin Kensington. Truly I love you.
Last edited by Kayne on Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Wed May 13, 2009 1:15 pm

The elf knew guilt when she heard it and Valiant was dealing with his own demons, those demons being his guilt for not being able to save the half elf girl from meeting with death. Everything he told her in that tale did make her look at him differently, but she was sure he had no idea just how different. She sat up, no she sat on him actually to where she was straddling him and made him look at her. It was so obvious that he was expecting some sort of reaction from her but she highly doubted it was the reaction she was set on giving him.
Did you kill that girl? No you did not. Did you do everything you could to see that all those girls no matter their ages were released? Yes you did. What were you expecting from me Valiant? That I would turn away from you or look at you in disgust? Is that what you want because I can do that though I would only be lying and doing it because it's what you think I should be doing. You heard my own story and how I wreaked havoc in so many lives, you saved those girls, while I... I just destroy everything and everyone I touch. I'm looking at you right now and I see a man who has let himself be eaten up by something that wasn't his fault. You took a wrong and you righted it, why should you feel shame or guilt for that? Do you think it matters to me if that one girl that you tried to save but couldn't was a half elf or a centaur or anything else? No. The point is you did the right thing Astald. We have all done things in our lives we are not proud of and we all try to learn from those mistakes just as you learned you could not let those men live, you didn't do a damn thing wrong when you killed them either. Hell I would have done the same thing. Kiara Jade did do the same thing when she found out who was responsible for her fathers murder. She wiped out an entire family, the head of the Order of the Rose one of those in that family was a mere babe but she didn't let that stop her from doing what she had to. Should I feel ashamed or guilty because I couldn't always keep those sons of bitches in the Mustangs from having their way with Catarina? There were times when I was too late in hiding her, times when no matter what I did I couldn't protect her. There are evils in this world that we cannot always win against but that does not mean we are guilty for not trying. You tried to save that little halfling and you brought the bastards to justice. Exactly what is wrong with that? Yanno what? I don't care what Condrik thinks or has to say. He's a pig headed son of a bitch who never listens to anyone unless they are telling him what he wants to hear. I tried to tell him he needed to talk to you himself if he doesn't then to hell with him. I'm tired of walking on eggshells around him already. Whatever is going to happen with him will happen and we'll deal with it when the time comes thats all there is to that.
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Zhulin » Wed May 13, 2009 1:27 pm

They had a tough fight but he knew what had to be done they had to protect what they were sworn to do so. Every time he touched his sword he thought of her. He thought of the words he had read on the piece of paper in her compact. He would have to tell her when they returned something was wrong with the compact. He read her story whenever he got the chance even re read stuff so he would know more about the family of his wife. He smiled as he would read it and would think of her. He used the paper with the words that meant the most to him written on them as the book mark. He had sent someone to let them know what was going on but those never returned. Too many lives were lost and too much time had passed since he had been able to hold his wife. The fighting had finally ceased this time they were bringing back those left from the attacking side. He heard word from one of the enemy that they had sent word that he was dead. This made him take off on his steed he knew the others could handle the ride back with the prisoners. The only thoughts screaming through his mind was of what Kayne must be going through. He did not care about the rain did not care about the storm he left his second in command in charge to set up camp if they needed to but he was going to ride straight through. He did not let up on the riding not till he saw the palace he heard the commotion and then he saw her as she came running out in the rain. He had carefully gotten off his steed and had to take a moment to get his breath seeing her had taken it away and had taken away all his sense and when she launched herself at him he caught her kissing her back and holding her to him. Then he heard them the words it seemed he waited so long to hear.

I love you too Kayne. Let's get you out of the rain before you get sick.

He had scooped her up at the moment any pains from anything were gone he had her in his arms and heard what he wanted to hear more than anything.

By the way darling you will have to have a look at your compact something is wrong with it. It would not work when I was trying to get word to you of what was going on and I take it since they did not return the messengers did not get word.

He was continuing to kiss her and hold her close to his chest his heart was pounding. He did not want to let her down but he had to and he kissed her again.

When he saw the King and Queen coming as wet as he was he got down on one knee and bowed.

Your majesties, we have suffered some losses but the attackers have surrendered after they suffered many losses their leader was injured greatly and they are all in custody of the troops and on their way here. Due to the storm I chose to ride ahead that way we can prepare for the rest of their homecoming.
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby CK » Wed May 13, 2009 1:38 pm

He could not believe the words when he was told them. It felt like he had been hit by something hard in the stomach. As much as he was hurting he knew he had to tell James. He had to tell James about Zhulin and he did and James had clung to him and Jerri. He knew it was hard to deal with death for one so young. Then some happiness was brought with Zuri's birth. He fussed over his niece some and he had watched Jerri with him. He was still careful with things with Jerri as she was still healing he would limit the things they would do to just holding her and kissing her never going as far as making love. He knew she did not get the go ahead to resume everything. Even with that he went to speak to her seeing what Kayne was dealing with and seeing all that was going on he decided he was going to talk to her about getting married. Even without being able to do everything he wanted to be married to Jerri and for her to have his last name. Then as he went to speak about something a commotion started and he heard his brothers name and he took off to look for James both brothers stood in amazement as they saw Zhulin on his knees in front of the King and Queen.
CK
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm

I will go and speak to Condrik myself just the two of us. No wives with us. Because do not forget my elf that after your morning is done you are becoming my bride. Then we will deal with this Elarion fellow when he comes. Then deal with anything else that comes our way. I am not worried about Con as I said I will take things slow. We will follow his wishes for the moment for Cori, and we will get though it if not it is not that long before she will be fully grown.

He pulled her down to him to kiss her.

I care for you Rayne, and I have never truly cared for anyone like this.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Kayne » Wed May 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Kayne smacked him in the back of the head, not hard but formalities could go to hell she didn't need him to be the proper Prince just then. She just needed him to be her Prince and she didn't give one bit of a damn about any damn war or anything else.

Get up Zhulin, right now you bow to no one. Don't you know? We all thought you were dead.

She thought he was dead. And he wasn't and he had no idea, no clue what, or who was waiting for him inside. Her knees went weak for a moment and she leaned up against him. Her Uncle Phillip came forward and took Zhulin by the shoulders then pulled him into a fatherly embrace.

Boy you are a sight for these tired eyes. If I had to watch my niece lose herself in her grief for one more day I tell you we were seriously thinking of having her committed to an asylum. Welcome home son. I'm sure you want some time with your wife and I know she needs time with you. Talk of wars and victories can be discussed later can they not my Queen?

Kaynes Aunt came forward beaming and embraced Zhulin much like the King had done.

Of course dear heart. Nothing is more important right now than seeing our son returned to us safe. Our King is correct young Prince, your Princess has been unmanageable, and he is also correct in saying that you two need your time. Welcome home dear one.

When her Aunt smiled at her and reached to touch her cheek Kayne closed her eyes finally letting herself feel warmth again. When she opened her eyes again she was smiling and saw her Aunt tear up.

Thank you Memaw, PawPaw

Kayne called her Aunt and Uncle by the names she had used for them when she was a child and then much like she had done on the night Zhulin left her she grabbed his hand and dragged him through the palace until they were at the door of their rooms. Like she had before she touched his face and leaned up and kissed him.

Tomorrow will be here before we know it and then you will be whisked away for question after question. Tonight is ours Zhulin. Close your eyes my Prince. I have something I need to show you.

To make sure he wasnt looking Kayne covered his eyes with her hand and led him into the room to the cradle where their daughter lay sleeping, her tuft of black curls peeked from beneath the pink blanket that covered her.

Remember this before you open your eyes Zhulin. I kept my promise to you that I wouldn't lay with any other but you and it is a promise I have kept to this very day... her name is Zuri Rose Kensington.

She took her hand from his eyes and waited barely breathing for his reaction.
Last edited by Kayne on Wed May 13, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Zhulin » Wed May 13, 2009 1:52 pm

He rubbed the back of his head and smiled at Kayne. He had return the embraces and kissed her aunt on the cheek.

I know I heard rumors of my demise that is another reason I rode back like I did. I could not have my family grieving any more than they already had. Yes I do need time with my wife and i will talk to you all later. The others should be along in the morning. If someone can let me know when they are here.

When she drug him through the halls all he wanted at the moment was dry clothes and maybe a shower and to be with his wife. She pulled him into a room and there he saw her ina pink blanket the most perfect looking little baby he had ever seen.

She is beautiful just like her Momma. How old is she. I do want to see her but I am soaked love and do not wish to touch her with wet hands or clothes or to startle her by waking her up. I know she is mine Kayne I would never doubt that at all why would I? I knew you would keep your word to me. She is our beautiful little girl. Next time she wakes I want to get up with her too. But for now let the little princess sleep
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 pm

I have my reasons for not liking the man. But do you ask me about that no you take to looking at things from every angle but mine. You did not even try to find out why my position is what it is. Guess that does not even matter. Why is it Rayne's feelings have to be protected and not mine? Oh wait because it is same as always I am the bad guy and poor Rayne. Whatever you all are going to do whatever you want whether I like it or not and I already know that and I do not like it. But I can not do anything about it either now can I? So we will just leave it at that and go from here. I know Cori is mine I never doubted that but I wonder if Rayne did doubt that and that is why she did not contact me when she knew. I am not the one that kept Cori from the other. Quite the opposite actually

He sighed as they started to head for home.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Kayne » Wed May 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Zuri is almost two months old and everytime I look at her I see you. She has the most amazing blue eyes and dark curly hair. She was the only thing that kept me from ... well that's not important now. Do you realize you were gone for almost a year?

Kayne was shivering, partly from the cold wet clothes she was in and partly because she could barely contain her excitement, and the sheer joy she felt seeing Zhulin, being able to reach out and touch him just like she was doing when she led him into their bathing room. She started the water in the tub making sure it was warm, she sat down on the edge of the tub while it filled and just looked at him.

Everything of yours is still in its proper place. I couldn't bring myself to be rid of anything that belonged to you and wouldn't let anyone else do it either. Gods I wasn't even thinking! Are you alright? Do you need to see a healer or the physicians? You aren't hurt? Zhulin if your here who in the hell have I mourning over all this time? Who the hell is laying at rest in the Royal tombs? How in the hell would you know that right? I know I'm sorry I just..

She jumped up launching herself at him again. It didnt matter how cold she was, as soon as she was in his arms again she was warm.

I love you Highness. I should have told you that day, when you left.

The bath was ready and Kayne took her time removing his clothes, she checked over every inch of him when she did and noticed a few new scars. Her brows knit together but she didn't say anything, what did she expect? That he would be off in battle for so long and come back untouched? Those scars didn't matter just then he was there and that was what was important. Peeling her own wet dress from her she brought him into the tub and sat behind him. She rested her head on his back and closed her eyes listening to his heart beating strong in his chest, that heart she thought she had lost forever.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm

So we're back to that again are we? I have to play twenty questions with you to get you to talk to me, to tell me what the truth behind you acting like a fiend is? No one said you were the bad guy. I thought we were passed all that long ago. Did I not tell you that I agreed with you about Valiant if he bothered you that much? The only thing I said is we were really going to have to talk about it together. As for Rayne pay close attention and make sure you understand what I am saying to you Condrik Shadow, you're damn right I am going to say something when your daughter could be anywhere listening and you basically call her mother a selfish whore. No, you know what, I'm not doing this with you because I see we are back at the place where you cannot see any sense of reason but your own. I really thought we were close enough to actually listen to one another and talk through anything like we used to but I can see now unless I agree with every word you say and just nod and smile we are just going to go around in circles. I love you pal just like I loved you when you kept trying to push me away. I wouldn't let that happen then and I'm not going to let it happen now and you might not like what I have to say all the time but at least you know I am always honest and fair just as I have always been.

There was something really wrong with that man and I had to find out what because right in front of my eyes my pal was turning into someone I didn't know at all, and I didn't like that person very much at all.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Previous

Return to Shadows of Time