Into The Shadows: New Beginnings II

Re: Into The Shadows: New Beginnings II

Postby Raynalia » Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 am

Now ye be talkin' like me too? Why it be e'ry time e'rbody be gettin' 'round me they be talkin' like me?
A group of men she recognized came into the inn and parked themselves down in a corner booth. Pullin' her hair up the elf grinned impishly at Valiant.
This 'ere tisn't playtime Astald, jus' fallin' inta another old habit. Ari be a wee bit shorthanded this evenin' might as well give the ol' girl a hand. Sit on back darlin' an' watch the magic.
It happened while she was walking from around the bar.The glamor trick that Oriana had taught her had come in handy on more than one occassion. Tonight she was going to use to it flirt and flaunt and rake in the gold. Gone was the soft black leather, in it's place was tight black leather bottoms, and a red unique lace boned corset top with straps she wore off the shoulder. It was cut perfectly to give maximum uplift and to get the full effect she was expecting. It had a hook & eye fastening finish to the back and lace edging to the bustline, & stretch lace fluted shoulder straps. On her feet she was now wearing knee-high leather boots with two inch heels and a long side zipper and two belt buckles in the back. Large golden hoops hung from her ears and her hair fell in golden curls all around her spilling down her back. The elfs transformation was complete by the time she was standing in front of Valiant.
Tol' ya magic can be used fer more 'n just fightin' 'n healin' darlin'.
Leaning down she gave him a quick kiss and walked off hips swaying to the booth. Sure enough soon as the men sittin' there saw her their eyes lit up and she gave them a dazzling smile.
Well now 'ere be a few faces I ain't seen it some time. Close ye mouth boys I ain't the walkin' dead nay matter whatcha mighta heard. Now what can I be gettin' fer ye boys tanight?
Memorizing what they wanted she went back behind the bar her elven ears picking up the whispers of the men, she grinned and called over to them.
Now boys ain't no one callin' dibs on the how did ye put it Carlo? That piece a ass weren't it?
Winking at Valiant she finished pouring the drinks and leaned against the bar towards him.
Almost forgot to answer your earlier question. I'd rather keep this simple and whenever you're ready then I'm ready too Astald. Just let me know and I'll be there. Course still gotta talk ta Con but he ain't really gonna be givin' a shite less he starts screamin' at me I'm being reckless and selfish again. Then I may have ta pop'em, course Cori would'nay be around fer that. Ye be needin' anything else 'fore I got take them fools their booze darlin'?
I wanna heal,I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Kayne » Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 am

Zhulin, stop, I'm not being mean but I told you..

What did she tell him again? She remembered the other night she told him what happened between them wouldn't happen again until she could give him her heart too. That he shouldn't settle for just having her body, but if that was what she told him why was she moving closer to him and why in the hell were her hands in his hair tugging at those wonderful curls? Why? She had the answer. It was that that sweet soul searing kiss, those welcoming arms that filled her with a gentle overwhelming awe at the love she had found in him. But what of love for him? Was it there? It was, just a tiny sliver, but it was there, she knew it was there, it hadn't always been there but was it enough? Time seemed to slow to a crawl in the quiet peace of their room. In her minds eye the path was laid out before stretching forward with every step she took, while scenes from the past rolled by, each scene changing to reflect a point in her life. Those scenes changed right before her eyes and suddenly he was there standing there with arms wide open waiting for her, his love steadying her, ready to catch her should she ever fall. Their reasons may have been different, but they were equal in nature, they needed each other. Were those reasons really so different? She needed him, not just for the pleasure his touch would bring, she needed him for what his soul had already brought. The realization that it was not just want and desire, that the need was real was almost incomprehensible. Their reasons may have been different, but she knew now, she loved him, even if only a little. She touched his face, smiled softly looking into those sparkling blue eyes gave a slow nod and pulled herself up closer to him for their first true real kiss.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Losa » Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 am

He listened and watched his wife's reaction and knew what Bryce said had to be true. He could not catch her before she took off instead he followed her. He let her let it out and knelt and put his arms around her gently pulling her into him. He just held her and smoothed her hair. He knew there were not words to make things right for her. He just stayed there with her and for her. He knew whatever she was thinking she would say eventually.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Zhulin » Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am

He kissed her back and smiled at her. He touched her face while looking at her.

I know what you told me I was just showing what I would be doing if i wanted you naked. Not saying that I do at the moment then again I would not complain

His hand rubbed over her back some and he just looked at her and smiled his eyes meeting with hers he just smiled at her. He loved to look in her eyes but she looked slightly different.
Between nowhere and somewhere
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Tue May 12, 2009 1:49 am

He grinned watching her and kissed her back.

And what about if I called dibs on that piece of ass would I be told the same thing. I guess we could just get married in the morning after you spend your time with Cori. Since you seem to be having a bit too much fun with what you are doing while working.

He watched and made sure none of the men got out of hand especially not when it came to his elf.
If you don't have enemies you don't have character - Paul Newman
Fervent well because I can't edit the avatar yet
DEM stalker of the Week according to Koi
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Kayne » Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 am

Common sense cut in through the haze and slowly she pulled away from him, backed away from him. She was still smiling but it was a smaller, almost regretful little smile. The moment almost took her heart away but his words made time move again and brought her back to their reality. The book he had been reading was laying on the bed and she picked it up to hand it to him.

Finish your reading Highness. We should try and get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be another long day especially if you are going to be spending most of it out among her Majesties Royal Guard.

She was up and moving around the room changing from the clothes she slept in into what she called her true night clothes. In warmer weather the clothes were always the same, matching bottoms and either a tank or short sleeved top.
That night she chose darker colors purple and black with black shoes. Grabbing her satchel she threw another piece of clothing in it.

I'm restless Zhulin, but you do need sleep. I won't be gone long and please don't worry I'm just going to her Majesties gardens to run, nothing can or will get me there.

She didn't give him much time to answer her, she went to the balcony doors managed to undo whatever little trap he had set and jumped the short distance down. Along the wall of ivy she found the hidden door that opened up into the true Royal Gardens. Acre upon acre of flowers and foilage spread wide over the lands and she took off running until she was sweaty and worn, she ran to the larger pool on the grounds stripped out of her clothes stepped out of her shoes and dove headfirst into the warm waters. She needed to think and get away from that man. Why did he have to open his mouth and speak?
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Tue May 12, 2009 2:24 am

Difference be that ye've had this piece a ass Valiant, they sure as hell haven't.
The mention of the morning took her a little by surprise. She almost jerked back in reaction but stopped herself, didn't she just tell him whenever he was ready he would be there? Hell that meant she was going to have to talk to Condrik and Cori both. Cori wasn't going to be the problem either. Already the elf could see that her daughter viewed the world a little different than everyone else. Which was part of what made her such a handful. Looking over to Ariela the elf called out to her.
Ari girl could ye be doin' me a favor? Could ye go on and fetch that man a yours got somethin' I be needin' ta talk ta ye both 'bout n' dun really have it me ta be repeatin' meself... Carlo shut the hell up ye be gettin' yer spirits, got a family matter ta be tendin' ta dun make me bust yer ass.
When Ari left the inn the elf took a deep breath.
Good thing the only reason that man cares I be alive is fer our daughter eh? Alright Astald, sit tight be right back.
Crossing the floor with the natural spring in her step the elf waited on the table, and ended up knocking one man she knew by the name of Owen on his backside because he slapped hers hard enough to make the sound echo through the inn. The others fell down in hoots of laughter and she was standing over the man with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face.
D'nay even asked, n' ya think I be alright with that?
Leaning down she grabbed the man by the ear twisting the soft flesh and bringing him up to his knees.
Now sit ye ass in that there chair 'n d'nay be reachin' for me again less I says ya can an' that'll be when all nine levels of the hells freeze right on over ya grabby git.
Shaking her head and rubbing her backside she went back over to the bar grumbling.
Gonna have that mans hand print on me ass for week now, damn he be hittin' harder since the last time I laid eyes on'em. Ye may just have ta be kissin' it ta make it better later on Astald.
Damn that woman was quick, it took all of five minutes for Ari to come back with Con at her side. Seeing the two of them together made the elf genuinely smile. Her heart did a little dance of joy for her Saint, no matter what he thought about her or felt about her, he was still important to her and she still cared for him greatly, she just didn't love him.
This time she made sure she had Valiant by the hand when she led him to a table and nodded for Con and Ari to follow. Once they were all sitting down she got right to the point, there was no point in playing around.
You know that elf is coming here and you know what happened last time. History seems to have a way of repeating itself, only this time the players have changed a little. Valiant here gods help him wants to get married in the morning. I've talked with Losa about this at length, he thinks it might be a good thing to do and after really thinking about it, he's right. So tomorrow I'm going to marry this man here. Everyone tells me how I am rash and reckless all the time but life is about gamble and risk and this risk just feels like the right thing to do for reasons I don't really feel the need to get into. I just thought I should tell you both because you are Coris parents and she will be spending time with us both. Understand something, Astald knows that Cori has to come first as a matter of fact he has made me stop and think more than once about how I have to think about her before I go off and do something insane like I would have done before she was born. Neither one of us wants to try and take your place as her parents I can't stress that enough, but the simple truth is Astald is going to be a part of my life so that means he is going to be a part of her life. I know it's sudden and you probably think I've just gone off the deep again but I tell you, I know more about Valiant Panton in the short time that I have been with him than I ever learned about anyone else and he just feels right to me.
She said what she had to and sat back waiting to see what was going to come next. Ari was grinning slightly and that put the elf more at ease. Ari was never really an issue for the elf, hell she was the one who told Con he needed that woman, Con on the other hand, well he still seemed like a loose cannon and who knew what was going to come out of his mouth over her little announcement.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue May 12, 2009 2:41 am

Kiara sank back against her husband, she tried to stop shaking but she couldn't, her anger was too raw. It might not have made sense to anyone else why she was so angry but it made perfect sense to her. Once again she felt like the weight of Kristians actions were bearing down on her shoulders. It was wrong for her think that way, somewhere in the back of her mind she realized that but her heart was breaking all over again, he left her not once but twice and both times the ramifications had been astounding.

He had a wife and children, twins... why didn't he tell me when he first came back? Why didn't he fight harder? How is it that damn elf and that damn mage escaped unscathed and my brother is laying beneath the ground a pile of ashes with a family that doesn't even know he's dead? Gods Losa I was alright, I miss Kristian everyday, just like I did when he left our lands but now there is no coming back for him and that hurts more than anything. I was alright and now hearing he had a family just ripped opened those wounds his death caused. He's my brother, my twin do you know what a hole there is in me? What do I do Angel? What am I supposed to do?
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue May 12, 2009 3:10 pm

When Ari came to get him he was not too pleased

So now we are going to go running whenever she wants something.

He went and sat down and looked at Rayne like she was nuts.

I do not want Cori around Valiant period. You have known him how long? What is it he tells you sweet things and what he a good lay Rayne that does not make him right to be around Cori. How long til you get bored with settling down Val and leave town. Nope not going to let Cori be subject to that. Not to someone for the right price would up and leave. As I told you earlier I do not care what you do cept when it involves Cori and I do not want Cori around him

his eyes were cold as ice.

I do not care who you marry I am not going to have Cori pay for your mistakes. Hell who knows how long you were planning on keeping her from me to begin with. I would never keep her from you but I will not allow her to be around Valiant
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Losa » Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 pm

He held her and smoothed her hair kissing.

I know you miss him and it hurts you. I do not know what I would do if I ever lost one of my brothers. It still would not be the same thing that you feel. I do not know why he did not fight harder. Maybe he had no fight left in him or maybe he thought by not fighting he was protecting you. Things were hectic when he got here I am sure he would have wanted to tell you in private.

He kissed the top of her head.

We will do as we have always done we will do what has to be done. We will get his family here they need to know that he did not abandon them. Then we will help them as much as we can. You do realize since Kristian married this also means his son carries your family name to carry it on.

He rubbed his hand over her back.

As much as what happened with him hurt you he did come back. Unfortunately he picked a hell of a time to come back and got mixed up in what was going on. But you are strong kiara stronger than any person i have ever known. There are going to be things you can tell them and they can tell you that the others may not know
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Zhulin » Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 pm

He followed not too far behind making sure everything was still set in a way he could disarm them from outside also. He waited a moment for her to come up out of the water.

You know there are better things to get rid of all that energy. Ok so i should not have teased you like that but dang it Kayne half the time I do not even think you know what you want from me.

He just stood there for the moment.

You know your kisses and body tell me one thing while your words tell me something else
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 pm

He looked at the man and he was not happy at all. He wanted to play games let the games begin. He spoke calmly looking at Con and Ari

You know Condrik if I did not think you loved your wife I would start to wonder if it is not that you are jealous. I mean you are acting like a jealous ex what is wrong with you. You got a wife that adores you and you adore. So why do you care who Rayne marries. If it comes to it, I will make it a legal matter. No one is trying to step on your feet but let me tell you something I am here because i want to be with Rayne and Cori is her child as well. Cori will have her own room at our house and she will be staying there at times. If I wanted money over Rayne I would have taken it. Rayne knows my ways but I do not need any money got plenty.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue May 12, 2009 4:02 pm

And what do I tell these children about their father? That he..

Kiara stopped herself. She was so angry but she couldn't let that anger take complete control over her. Her brother had never been the perfect son, or the perfect person and yes he had hurt her, abandoned her but she was what he loved most in the world for so long. He was perfect for her, flaws, wrongs and all. What could she tell those children about their father? Oh there were plenty of stories to be told....

We are going to be so dead..

Kristian and Kiara Connor were never ones to sit back in the shadows and let the world pass them by, especially if it meant they had a chance to show off the skills they learned under the training of their fathers finest "teachers", so naturally when they learned of the elfs' abduction and saw the warriors of Astrail marching off to war they could not help but follow. Follow they did, keeping hidden with the aid of the three basic enhancing spells they learned from the Archmage, they kept a steady pace behind the team composed of Orianas parents and the warrior Kain Dragonhand but were careful not to be discovered, they talked in whispers sure that it was safe to do so.

What the matter KiKi? You scared?

Glaring and giving an unladylike snort Kiara resisted the urge to punch her brother square in the nose.

Onyx if you had any damn sense in that thick skull of yours you'd be scared too you ass! Wipe that grin off your face before I do it for you Kris, it's not what your thinking..

A raised brow and a smirk asked the question rolling through Kristians mind and Kiara couldnt stop the aggravated sigh that slipped from her lips.

We're good Kris, I know it, you know it, especially when we're together. Father is going to kill us for this and when hes finished that damn Archmage is going to raise us from the dead just to kill us all over again.

He chuckled like he didnt have a care in the world which only added to her aggravation.

Father might be annoyed but once he hears how we kicked ass, all will be forgiven. Now Azrael on the other hand.. well we'll think about that later.

Kris! How can you been so cocky? We've never been up against anything like this before, I am scared Kris dont poke fun at me either, I'm not scared for me, if anything happens to you...

He stopped her then by putting a hand on her shoulder and turned her so she could see his face, the usual arrogance was gone, in its place was the face of a brother looking down at a sister with the purest expression of love and devotion.

You would die. Just like I would die if anything happened to you. We have been two parts of one whole since before we were born, dont you dare laugh at me Kiara Jade, its not often I get mushy, but I think even in the heavens before we became what we are now our souls knew we would be who we are and were together. I know I dont say it often enough or show it enough, but you aren't just my sister KiKi, you are my best friend. When you breathe I breathe, when your heart beats, my heart beats. I know we cannot live without one another.

Putting his hand under her chin.

Nothing is going to happen to me, you wont allow it.

Reaching up Kiara touched her brothers cheek and tried her best to smile.

One scratch Kristian and I will tear you up you hear me?

Leaning down he kissed his sisters cheek.

I wouldnt expect anything else..

That memory from so many years ago was so vivid it could have happened just yesterday. Nothing happened to him that night, she didn't allow it just like he didn't let anything happen to her. That promise was broken years later though, and she wasn't able to protect her twin, to keep him from death just when he had come home willing to return to the life they had once known. A sad heartbroken sound escaped from her throat.

I guess there's nothing left to do about this but get ready to make that family feel welcomed.
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Raynalia » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Condriks reaction was not shocking, nor did it catch her off guard in anyway, the more she was near him the more and more she was convinced had she stayed that one of them truly would have been dead by now. Now the question was how to handle him without another big fight erupting. He was looking her with those icy blue eyes, a look that would have sent a lesser woman cowering but she was no lesser woman. Valiant spoke up and said his piece, she appreciated the way he stood by her and she didn't stop him. Only when he was finished with what he had to say did she put her hand on his and gave a gentle squeeze.
Tanya farnuva Astald.
With a smile on her face the elf met the icy stare of the man she had once loved, now in some ways she felt pity for him because even with the life he now had he could not seem to let go of his anger towards her. Anger that might have been appropriate at one time but now seemed so misplaced.
Of course you are going to be concerned for Cori, that is natural and understandable but there is a difference between being concerned and being overbearing, too overprotective. Don't you think she should have some say in this? You still see her as this fragile baby girl that needs to be hovered over and guarded from the world don't you? Of course you do, any true father would, but she is not a baby anymore and in such a short time she is going to be ready to make her own mark on the world and then what will do? The point I am trying to make here Condrik is everything we all do everyday affects the world we live in, we all make our mistakes, we all right our wrongs to the best of our abilities and if you want to insist that Cori cannot be allowed two families because you are afraid, she may be missing out on more than you can imagine. You may not believe me when I tell you this but I do know Valiant, I know what kind of man he is just as he knows the elf that I am. We accept each other as we are. Did you know if it weren't for him I wouldn't be here? He freed me by turning down more money than most have seen in their entire lives in exchange for me and he did not force me to stay with him. No one forced him to come here when he learned that Losa was bringing me home. He is a good man Con, a good friend, my constant companion who listens when I talk and talks to me in return without judging, if I get some crazy thought in my head he doesn't scream and yell or make me feel worthless we talk it out. He respects me as I do him. So why is it alright for you to have your happiness but I cannot have mine and be able to share that happiness with my daughter?

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Cyranda » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Stryder Joseph Deamons stop teasing me what did she say huh? What did they want...

Cyranda Jane was sitting outside on the porch when her dark knight came strolling along, she asked him once why he had been called to the Hall and he just grinned at her, he was going to drive her batty, he knew she was a curious thing always needing to know everything and this was probably his way of getting back at her for all the times she had nearly driven him insane. Pushing off the chair she was in she knew she must look a funny sight with her big belly always being ahead of everything she did. When she managed to get on her feet her arms rested on her belly. Her blue eyes were shining brightly. As of late her mood had improved, when she looked at herself she no longer saw a deformed creature but she saw a big beautiful baby belly and the way that belly made her shine.

Don't be a shit Stryder. What's going on huh huh? Everythings alright isn't it.

The baby in her belly kicked and she made a face.

Oof, your Ash has been beating the hell out of me all afternoon yanno I don't think it's going to be too much longer before we have a baby waking us up at all hours of the night. Now stop kidding around and just tell me already.
What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?
To Quote the Payten:
You get SJ and Pixie and the rest of us run for cover.
Cyranda
Stablehand

Postby Kayne » Tue May 12, 2009 5:13 pm

There he was standing at the edge of the pool when she came up from underwater. Didn't she tell him not to follow her? She smiled a little to herself, she might have told him not follow her but inside she was glad that he did. Bobbing in the water she tried to find the right words to say to him. He was right she would say one thing but then the way she reacted to him told him something different and that had to be as confusing to him as it was to her. Only it wasn't that confusing to her really.

For someone who can take the most complex matters and make them look as easy as baking a cake I think I may be out of my league when it comes to dealing with you Highness. Zhulin here's the simple truth of it all. You snuck up on me when I wasn't looking and I'm just trying to sort it all out before I can tell you that I l..

Her words were cut off when her cousin Xavier came tearing through the gardens, the look on his face had her out of the pool and pulling on her clothes before he could even speak. He was breathing heavy and looking between her and Zhulin when he finally caught his breath.

Her Majesty needs to see the Prince now. Outlanders are on the move Kayne. The lands of Genoea under attack and our Royal Guard has been called into action. Kayne..

Kayne was stunned and was already running back towards the palace dragging Zhulin behind her.

Outlanders, those damn rogue bastards I should have known they would never keep to their agreement. Four years of peace and now they go on the offensive? I'll not have it.

Her feet pounded through the halls and up the stairs to the Queens main council room, she burst through the door formalities were forgotten.

Send me to Genoea, I'll meet with the Outlanders.

Kyne stood to tell her it was already to late for that, that the Outlanders were seeking to take over the realm, war had already erupted through the lands and Iallia had to answer the call of her people. Kayne looked at Zhulin explaining further.

Genoea rests in the far east of Iallia, those lands belong to Duke Marcus Burkdoll. His brother Crispin is leader of the Outlanders and has always believed Marcus' power and title should have been his. We have to respond and send whatever aid we are able. Are you sure there can be no talks of peace yet Kyne? Freddie?

Nay Princess, Crispin is hell bent on taking the lands from his brother.

All out war then. And what of Zhulin?

He is the Captain of the Guard now Kayne you know what that means.

Kayne looked at her cousin Xavier.

He just gained that postion Xavier, how can any one of you expect him to..

It's expected because we know what he is capable of and have complete confidence in his abilities...
do you doubt him cousin?

Her face screwed up into an ugly scowl.

Of course not you ass, no one has more faith in my husband than I do. When?

The answer she was given nearly knocked her back.

Within the hour, the units are all gathered waiting for their Captain to join them. They have already had their time to say goodbye to their families and know the Prince had yet to be informed of the situation. One hour is all we can afford Princess. I will be speaking with the Prince once you have said your farewells. Princess as it stands right now this is not a situation you can throw yourself into, I am asking you to be please just be patient. When your time comes you will be sent for.

Kayne nodded curtly and without saying anything she was dragging Zhulin back through the halls until they reached their rooms. Standing outside the room she looked at him unable to tell him everything she was feeling. Instead she leaned up to kiss him.

Not a word Highness, we have less than an hour so make the time count.
Kayne
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Do not talk to me about keeping from sharing happiness, gee which one of us was it that kept Cori from the other? You walked out of my life which was fine, in fact that is the best thing that ever happened to me. Then I found out you kept my child from and kept her a secret. You have always been selfish Rayne so do not sit there and tell me how I should be acting or anything to this. When Cori is grown she will make the decision about Valiant herself for now as her father I am forbidding it. Plain and simple the man is not someone I deem to be trustworthy around her and I do not believe I should be forced to let my daughter around someone I do not trust. Just cause he is your latest fuck buddy does not make him marriage material. So what he passed up money this time. He is a mercenary you never know what he is going to do or how many people are after him. I will not stand for my daughter getting caught up in the mix. Call it what you will but one of us has to look out for Cori's best interest and we all know how well you did that when she was born. I will never forgive you for keeping my child from me, and I do not have to forgive that. You were an out and out bitch to do that I had every right to know of her existence from the time you knew you were pregnant with our child or were you already slumming around with others and not sure she was mine until she was born? Hey Val don't turn your back on this one even for a moment.

He shook his head and laughed a litle.

As I said I do not care who you are marrying or screwing but I will not have Cori subjected to your poor judgement.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Valiant Panton » Tue May 12, 2009 11:50 pm

He sat there keeping his cool

You know Condrik sometimes you need to step back and think. No matter what has happened Rayne is Cori's birth mother and she is trying to build a relationship with her daughter as well. If you ever speak like that to her again I will have no problem showing you just how dangerous of a mercenary I am. The only reason you are still sitting there now is because of your child. I would not take her father from her. Ari I suggest that you talk some sense into your husband.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Ariela Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 am

I sat there listening to Rayne, sure I thought she might be a little off the wall but if you saw the pride in the way she talked about Valiant, the way he looked at her, I don't think either one of them knew what was really going on between them. I saw it and it gave me hope that maybe Rayne would finally find what she had been looking for, or pushing away however you want to look at it. I almost fell out of my chair though when the conversation went on and started turning ugly really fast and the sad part about it all was, it wasn't even the elf making it ugly. I knew Valiant had served under Oriana at one point during times of war and I knew she trusted him to carry out the most complicated of tasks, I knew that he dealt with the Princess from Iallia and she trusted him and from what Rayne told us he had no reason to trade anything for her freedom except that he wouldn't stand by and watch her being treated like she had been. This was a very difficult position to be in because on one hand I could understand Con being hesitant and protective of Cori but on the other hand Rayne would never do anything to hurt their daughter, our daughter, and the things he said to her stung, hit close to home because as you all know my own past is not spotless and white. Valiant straight away jumped to the elfs defense and me? I never saw my pal be so heartless so cold and cruel. I felt a war starting. I did the only thing I could think to do and took Cons hand, stood up and made him follow me into the kitchens. I was smiling and trying to find the right words that wouldn't make him blow up. When I looked at him, I didn't see the man I had spent all these years with, I was looking into the face and the eyes of a stranger.

Hey pal, don't ya think ya were just a little harsh out there? Yanno Rayne didn't have to ask to sit down and talk with either one of us but she asked to talk to both of us and yanno since she's been here she's done everything we've asked her to including keeping Cori from Aidan. She's been respectful and friendly to us both so you mind filling me in on what that was all about? Don't get mad at me I'm just trying to make some sense out of this and you, haven't seen you like this well since you were ready to kill Ori. I'm not saying I disagree with you about Cori being around Valiant right away either but I don't think he's Raynes how'd you put it? Fuck buddy. Easing her into that situation would be better, yeah I know you said you forbid it but did you forget your not her only parent pal? Don't you think this is something we need to talk about rather than you jumping right in and putting your foot down? Did you forget that we are Elite now pal and we put our own lives in danger just by being a part of that? Would you ever keep Cori from Kiara? Look at how many have gone after her. I don't know what's gotten into you pal but this isn't the person I know and to say those things that you did to Rayne, have you forgotten the woman you call wife was no better at one time? Only my conquests were for fun, hers were a matter of surviving. So whose worse really? Maybe you should go see Aranor because even before Rayne came back you were a little off pal.
Ariela Shadow
Stablehand

Postby Raynalia » Wed May 13, 2009 12:43 am

The elf sat gripping the arms of the chair tight, her hands were starting to hurt, her knuckles turned an unnatural white and she was shaking. In her head she was counting and counting trying to calm herself so that she didn't jump from that chair across the table and stab her daughters father in the throat. Someone was saying something, she thought it might be Valiant but she was too consumed in her anger to hear anything, everything sounded muffled. She closed her eyes trying to find some place she could go in her mind, someplace peaceful, a happier time and found that there was no place for her to hide until the anger subsided. Her eyes snapped opened and she slammed a hand down on the table, from the corner of her eye she saw Ariela leading Condrik into the kitchen. If she had been the same elf she was but a few years ago she would have stormed into that kitchen telling him that he was right, she had left him for Gabriel, that Cori was really a Shadowbain thus negating any claims that Condrik had on the girl, that Cori was only sent to him because she knew he'd be stupid enough to take her in and make her his own. She couldn't lie to him like that though, just like she couldn't lie and pretend to be happy when she was married to him. For all the times that she was told she was selfish and reckless and irresponsible at that moment she knew what needed to be done. Standing she craned her neck then marched towards the kitchen. Sticking her head in the door she smiled at Con and Ari both though it burned her like hell to fake nice with the man.
I said what I needed to say so I'm going now. Ari can you please tell Cori that I will see her at the Hall tomorrow? Her training starts and since Kiara asked me back to the Council I'll be taking up my old duties. Don't worry she won't be anywhere Aidan either. Have a good night.
The smile was gone as soon as she was out of their sight. She stormed across the room and out the door of the inn still furious but she wasn't going to let her temper get the better of her. That bastard wasn't going to get the satisfaction of bringing that kind of reaction out from her ever again.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

Postby Zhulin » Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 am

He looked at her and he saw something something he had been waiting to see but had not been sure he would ever see in her eyes and her kiss told him all he needed to know. He lifted his wife up into his arms reaching around the door undoing the trap and walking in with her continuing to kiss her. His foot closed the door as they headed for the bed he was getting her undressed as quick as he could while still taking time to run his hand over her and kiss her come more. He knew when she started on taking off his clothes that she was wanting this even more. His mouth met hers and continued the kisses from earlier with each touch of her he was burning more for her. He groaned as he entered into her and as the two became one he was kissing where he could reach his hands touching her. He knew by her reactions that she realized what he had already started to see from her that she loved him as crazy as she thought it was to love someone so soon she loved him and wanted him just as much as he wanted her. He gave her all that he could and when they were done he did not say anything at first he knew they had little time and kissed her deeply. His hands holding hers.
Member of WTF
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Valiant Panton » Wed May 13, 2009 9:00 am

He followed her out and put his arms around her and lifted her up and kissed her to him.

Is he always that much of an asshole? I mean really if it was not the fact of Cori he would not have been allowed to finish his words. He ever speaks to you like that again he is going to regret it. I will not take anyone speaking to you like that Rayne, and will not keep excusing things he does because he is Cori's father.

His hands went to rub her shoulders.

Now I need to get you somewhere where I can work out these knots of yours no sense in letting that man leave you all tense like this. So we have 3 choices, the Inn, the Hall or Home. Home is closer than the Hall but I know you need to be up there in the morning.
Valiant Panton
Stablehand

Postby Condrik Shadow » Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 am

My only problem is Rayne. She really must be off her damn rocker if she thinks marrying someone that quickly again will solve everything. I do not trust her judgments. She is not thinking that much is clear. As I said I will never forgive her for keeping Cori a secret from me, and keeping her from me like she did. Remember it was not her that came to tell me about her, hell from what we have been told we do not even know who it was. I had the right to know about Cori from the time Rayne knew that she was having my child. If she was not sure the child was mine she still could have said something about it. But did she say anything nope. Hell if what happened to her did not happen I wonder just how long she would have kept Cori a secret. I really can not stand the sight of her.

He put his arms around her and kissed her gently.

I am not upset with you Ari and I am not going to take this out on you. You are a different woman now and you have been a different woman for a few years now. I know what you did in the past but that stopped when you set your sights on me. I have always known I could trust you. I do not need to see Aranor I am fine. Now tell me woman that I call wife. How am I supposed to be ok with a man I do not trust being around Cori? I mean really think about it what do we know of the man nothing good. So he gave up some money for Rayne, that does not mean anything

He looked at his wife and touched her face gently his eyes looking into hers she always could warm his mood and his eyes slipped back to their normal color and he kissed her again.

You and the kids are the best things that ever happened to me. I never knew I could be so happy.
Condrik Shadow
Peasant

Postby Stryder Joseph » Wed May 13, 2009 9:24 am

He grinned at her he loved to tease his wife. He kissed her as soon as he brought her to him.

Oh she just wanted to talk something over with me is all

Then he knelt down to talk to Ash.

Hey there Ash you know your Mama is not a ball. You do not need to be kicking her so much. You need to calm down a bit there.

His hand reached and rubbed her belly.

It is ok Ash you will see out here soon enough and then your Mama is going to be back to bouncing all around the place though not with you in her arms. What ya think little one you want out of there soon. You know if you keep growing like that you will be bigger than your Mama when you come out

He lifted her shirt and kissed her baby belly and then looked up at her.

I think we should get something to drink and eat I am hungry. Oh what was that you were asking about before?
Stryder Joseph
Peasant

Postby Raynalia » Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 am

You won't do anything to him Astald because I am asking you not to for my daughters sake, he is her father and that fact alone is the only thing that kept me from killing him myself. If I won't do anything because of who he is to her, neither can you.
The elf was really wound up, tense wasn't even the word for it. Some of that tension eased though, without being asked or forced to Valiant was standing up for her and that helped. It didn't hurt any that he was rubbing her shoulders, kneading away some of the knots that had built up. She was really going to have to learn someway not to let Condrik Shadow get her so strung out.
At least you've gotten to see first hand part of the reason why I couldn't stay with him. He was always ready to just jump to the worst possible conclusions about me. Do you know the funniest part of what he said? I didn't even know about Cori until I was back in my own lands, if you could even call them my own. I was never going to keep her from him when I finally realized she was there. Cori was three weeks old when I was taken. I don't even remember how it all happened honestly. Having her put too my stress on my heart, I knew it might but I wasn't ready for what happened and damn near dying had me laid out for quite awhile. That's really neither here nor there now though, I'm fine now.
The elf put her hand on his and brought him around so he was standing beside her rather than behind her.
There is option number four too. Come on I want to show you something.
Rayne led him from town and down the paths that would take them to Lilys Valley. When they came into the clearing she thought of all that had happened in the place that held such beauty for so many, but for her there was nothing but memories of nightmares she never thought she could ever be free of.
Beautiful isn't it? Most think so, I used to think so.
Crossing the clearing she went to the boulder that was set beside the pool, the sound of the fall cascading down into the pool took her back to a time she would never forget. Her fingers ran over the stain that to that day still marked the rock.
Once upon a time not too long for one of my kind, I died here. Really and truly died. You ever hear of Lyon Everwood? He was in league with the Elders, with one of Kiaras own Council, a red mage by the name of Douglas. Lyon was sent here to destroy Kiara, and he almost succeeded too. They almost succeeded. I don't remember exactly how I ended up in the crossfire, I probably did something reckless like I have been known to do and if I know me what I did was probably try and use everything I had to keep Lyons attention focused more on me than on Jade. Guess it worked a little too well. I remember everything that happened that night including fading away into oblivion. He killed me here, this stain here? That is my blood. From what I was told, Oriana that brilliant daft woman was so torn up by what happened she worked for a year to bring me back and damn near killed herself in the process too. I wasn't the same when I came back. I was constantly looking for ways to go back to the quiet darkness that had embraced me in death. Why wouldn't I? I thought Gabriel was dead, my son was gone, I was tired and defeated. I craved that darkness and in some ways I resented Oriana and Kiara both for my return. Then one day we found out that Condrik who thought Losa was his cousin as was the reason his own wife and child were killed, was out for Losas head. All I could think was this was my chance to go back to the place I had been ripped from, the hurt would stop and I would find my peace. Peace. I don't think such a thing exists. I talked Losa and Kiara into letting me hunt down Con. It wasn't that hard to do really, and the next thing I knew I was head over heels for that man. At least I thought I was until I found out Gabriel wasn't dead. That caused more problems than I can even tell you. You see before I knew Gabe was alive I had taken this little concoction of Orianas that made me forget Gabriel was anything more than Orianas brother. Until I saw him anyway. That little reunion didn't last too long. He up and left again I still don't know why really. Anyway you know about Elearion and how Con and I were married so I know I don't need to get into all that. But what you don't know is what happened after that.Kiara had people around me constantly because she wasn't sure the threat had passed. Rone, the closest thing I had to a brother before Losa shadowed us everywhere. Not in the way you think but he was there constantly on guard and I can't tell you the fights Con and I had about it. Then there was Dakota Shadowrunner, Cons father. Bastard of a man. A man I knew long before I knew the son. He became a threat to this family and I did what I thought I had to do to protect them. Again I used what I had to get what I needed from him, only this time I actually didn't sleep with him. Stabbed him damn good though and damn near died for it too. Again more fights with Con and if you think what you heard at the Inn was bad that's nothing compared to what went on then. After that a being named Vim came into existence hell bent on killing me and Oriana, that was one hell of a time. Once again I was smack dab in the middle, got myself snatched up by this thing and was used as bait to lure in Oriana. Oriana and Con were at each other like you wouldn't believe, Gabriel that damn man came out of nowhere and to make that long story short there was nothing but death and blood. Kristian, Rone, Brodrick nearly the whole of our family was wiped out. It was during that time I came to realize I could never stay with Condrik Shadow. I loved him but the person he wanted me to be just wasn't me, I knew we'd make each other miserable and the fights we had, gods I can't tell you some of things we said to each other. Funny thing is when I left, I truly went off on my own but he was still so damn insistent that I was running away with Gabriel. Nothing could be further from the truth. I hadn't seen Gabriel or Con since the day I left. And now here I am caught it seems in the same never ending circle with that man. I just want it to end Astald. I thought maybe he and I could get passed what happened before but apparently he is still very pissed off and as stubborn as ever. Why am I telling you all this? So you can see and hear the real me, so you can decide if you still think being anywhere near me let alone making me your wife is such a good thing.

Somewhere I belong
Raynalia
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time