A Cure for Boredom A Ball (open to all)

Postby Mystic_Marine » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:23 am

Mystic stood behind Alexia and surveyed the ball, taking note of the progress of the ball, although the back of the chair hid it, he was also intrigued by the two vertical protruding lines that was hinted on Alexia's dress, which were screaming at him for attention. Taking a vew sips of the fine liquid, Mystic noticed a lady that was earlier left behind from the beginning of the dance, slink off with the host of the ball through an archway that he noted earlier, seemed to be secluded, just as another lord arrived and approached a drinks table for some refreshment.
He who dares, wins.
When the Trumpets of War are Blown, I will answer its call Bearing Forth the Holy Sword of Light.
Mystical Mage of the Elders
High Elven Archer of the Twilight Forest
~OAFS~
Mystic_Marine
Stablehand

Postby Adriana D. R. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:25 am

She turned towards him as he approached.

It seems my date has vanished. Mind if i hold you compagny for now?

She nodded warmly. I don't mind at all. In fact it would be my pleasure.

She patted her seat beside her a moment, wondering whose eye the warlady had caught. Then let that thought drift from her mind as she snickered to herself. She hadn't expected to keep one person's attention past one dance in the first place.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Alexia » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 am

She turned toward Mystic with a soft yet playful smile.

Tell me something of the woods you call home. Even the deepest thickets of woods hold their secreats and springs.

She was always one to hear about a place where her kin roamed. Well, the lighter of her kin that is. She knew it sounded like a place where she would be far from welcome by many, but that didn't matter so much. Only another dark fae would understand her desire to roam the lands as she did. Though she did notice something quite magical about him, other than the rose. It was almost a slight aura of magic, and quite intreging at that.
A curiosity that remains to be seen, can a dark wanderer be trusted?? Decide and you might just be suprised.

Alexia le Fae
Alexia
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:42 am

I don't mind at all. In fact it would be my pleasure.

Smiling at her, sitting on the seat he looked around for a moment then turned his sight again to the exotic woman sitting next to him. As if lost in thought, for a moment.

She was in a way so alien, it made him curious. His curiosity spiked, in that he wouldn't mind to learn more about this strange heathen.

Forgive me if i stare, Lady Adriana.

It is just i'm blinded by your exotic freshness.

Smiling, innocently. Blushing slightly at his dared remark.
--=(Jyllian Di Moonstone ~ Griffinsbane)=--
¤-The Warlord-¤
Little Devil of TBL~ Fervent~FOUL you say ?

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:21 am

She smiled softly

Forgive me if i stare, Lady Adriana. It is just i'm blinded by your exotic freshness.

Why should I be bothered when I might just stare back? Though I know too little as of yet. Tell me something more of yourself, Jyllian, and I'll be glad to recripicate.

She was a little suprised that she wanted to know more, though he intrigued her. She wondered if telling him how old she really was would scare him or intrigue him.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:36 am

Why should I be bothered when I might just stare back? Though I know too little as of yet. Tell me something more of yourself, Jyllian, and I'll be glad to recripicate.

He scratched his chin pondering the request. He wasn't used of talking of his own deeds, or actions thinking where to begin.

Well in long ago times, i was the leader of the Thirteenth Baatorian Legion. It was a flagship of Barnabas back then. And a power to behold. Off course these realms being what they are. It ment we had to war often.

Mostly unlike the present period of peace. Our Capital, my home. Is an ancient fortress in the side of a mountain chain far in the north, it is often cool, with chambers leading deep into the mountain.

I believe in honor, and justice, and beauty. Hmmss.

Thinking of what to tell further, noticing how he had more talked about his far away home, then about himself. Pondering what else he could say, as he watched her eyes, face partly hidden behind her veil. Wondering what was hidden there.

I guess i could say i am mostly human. But from long generations past, i have a trail of demonic blood in my veins. Giving me some extended abilities, at times. Yet these are mostly dormant.

Then looking back at the egyptian beauty. He wondered. Going silent for a moment.

I wonder what those lips taste like.

Then gasping realising he had talked aloud. And that it could be heard. Blushing.

I'm sorry.

He said and went quite.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:51 am

I wonder what those lips taste like.

She blushed and her smile grew.

Well, perhaps you will get a chance to find out.

She cleared her throat for a moment

As for me. I don't know of any generations in my family that have not chosen the desert as home and been human through and through. Though I am older than anyone would think.

She chose not to go on to tell why, she wasn't comfertable speaking of it still. Espically since she had chosen to live with the curse than pass it on and be free to feel again.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Well, perhaps you will get a chance to find out.

He blushed even more, taking a sip from his wine. Even the least doubt that his remark might have gone unnoticed, banished. Nodding somewhat flushed by her reply.

He knew he shouldn't be attracted to the heathen damsell, yet could not help it. As he watched for a moment the warlady forgotten. He wondered about this strange exotic beauty, wishing he could discover what depths went hidden behind that smile.

I myself am slightly older to. Yet age can be a good factor to. As it permits one to gain more wisdom, and experience.

Blushing slightly when he said experience, wondering about what kind of experience he himself was thinking about.

For a moment he wondered where the Warlady was. Her bluntness was allways a soothing way to calm his spirits. She sure would know what to say.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:12 pm

She shrugged her shoulders.

I suppose that would be a way to put it.

She licked her lips a moment thinking of a way to word it.

I guess one thing the dessert is best know for is the stories of crused tombs and so forth. Some of these stories are more true than one would think.

There is a tale about the once mortal Osiris and Isis. Osiris was brutally murdered by his brother to be found in pieces by his wife later. There is a sword considered to be cursed. The Sword of Osiris. It took the attention of treasure hunters long ago. It was only by their hands that the curse became true. When anyone was struck with that sword in the heart they were sent into more than death. A sleep that lasts longer than any mortal life should. Though the eternal sleepis not the end of it. That curse found me and I finally have the sword back. I almost passed it on to the one I stole it from. Though, I felt it was better in the hands on one who knew it's power. Only when I pass that curse on will I be able to feel as a person should.

She took a deep breath, now she would see what reaction she might get. She just hoped that being bold enough to tell the truth would pay off. Whether she was seen as courageous or a fool was yet to be seen.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:51 pm

I guess one thing the dessert is best know for is the stories of crused tombs and so forth. Some of these stories are more true than one would think.

There is a tale about the once mortal Osiris and Isis. Osiris was brutally murdered by his brother to be found in pieces by his wife later. There is a sword considered to be cursed. The Sword of Osiris. It took the attention of treasure hunters long ago. It was only by their hands that the curse became true. When anyone was struck with that sword in the heart they were sent into more than death. A sleep that lasts longer than any mortal life should. Though the eternal sleepis not the end of it. That curse found me and I finally have the sword back. I almost passed it on to the one I stole it from. Though, I felt it was better in the hands on one who knew it's power. Only when I pass that curse on will I be able to feel as a person should.

He nodded. Letting his hand rise to her shoulder. Touching it as if to comfort her. Normally it wasn't his place to feel for a heathen, such were the teachings. Yet he could not help but do so in this case.

It doesn't seem an easy burden. And it is noble that you carry it, even though you could pass it on.

He nodded and smiled at her comfortingly, letting his fingers trail down her arm to her hand taking a hold on it.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:08 pm

It doesn't seem an easy burden. And it is noble that you carry it, even though you could pass it on.

She bowed her head a moment, her smile having faded slightly. Then composed herself once again.

I suppose it is easier to keep such a long life from the wrong hands. I suppose sometimes you just have to work with what is given to you. Even if it means that there is a constant hunger and thrist for companionship as well as all else.

She shrugged her shoulders, having barely noticed when he took her hand. She was greatful to have someone who understood something of what she was feeling.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Zhulin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:49 am

Listening to what was said,he nodded his head.

I am sure I can find us some place more quiet to talk. I would love to hear more about the wars and such. I find you to be a very interesting conversationalist. I know a nice spot outside where we could get some air as well. And I would be close enough should I be needed for something.

He knew in the garden there was a more secluded area to where they could go and talk. No one knew exactly what could happen. Actually he knew she was quite attractive as well.

Bringing with them a bottle of elven wine.
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Shayanna » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:25 am

*Shayanna forced a smile and held her sigh to hide her dissapointment.

"And the mighty Warlady strikes out...
Again!"

She thought to herself as she pondered how to save face gracefully*

"Actually, I best go see how Jy be doing.
I have to keep an eye on him.
He has many many enemies and I cannae grow complacent.
That and he has me cookies."
--=(§hayanna Ðanielle Griffinsbane)=--
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/367863
The first Princess of Improv, to the last Princess of Maxim
Shayanna
The Warlady

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:49 am

I suppose it is easier to keep such a long life from the wrong hands. I suppose sometimes you just have to work with what is given to you. Even if it means that there is a constant hunger and thrist for companionship as well as all else.

Letting go of her hand is started sipping again from his glass. Looking around and those that were present. Nodding. It almost felt like the ball he hosted so long ago in the halls of the Legion, these many years ago.

Had it truly been so long. Longing to the ancient halls where he had lived. He would have to return there he thought. And regather what was left.

Then his attention returning to his egyptian companion he blushed again, taking in her sight. Starting to compare her to the warlady in his mind. In a way a crazy thought, as even the race was different. Finally he spoke again.

I would love to take your invitation. The desert has allways been a place of intrest to me. And to visit it's finer places is just to intresting to me to resist. So many tales and rumors have reached out from there in the years.

Nodding, he had to blush again on her reply to his escaped thought about kissing her.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:16 am

I would love to take your invitation.

She smiles warmly at him. Then we shall have to set a time in which to do so. All you need do is send a messenger regarding when you are planning to arrive. I will take care of all arrangments nessecary. Shayanna is included in this as well if she wishes it. All you would need to remember is to wear light materials or else the sun will boil you on the journey out. White would do you best.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:29 am

Then we shall have to set a time in which to do so. All you need do is send a messenger regarding when you are planning to arrive. I will take care of all arrangments nessecary. Shayanna is included in this as well if she wishes it. All you would need to remember is to wear light materials or else the sun will boil you on the journey out. White would do you best.

He nodded smiling, somehow happy at the offer.

I will be sure to relate that invitation to her to. And wish to thank you again for this show of faith.

Smiling then looking around again.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 am

She knew that it wasn't custom to offer items to others, espically at a ball. But the customs of her own realm she deamed to be different. Anyone in her realm would reconguise a symbol of friendship. A way to keep from any hostility unless war was at hand. She untied the scarf she had been wearing from the chain of coins and folded it. Then handed it to him.

I know it's not a custom of this land. But in my lands it's a sign of friendship. That way none will offer you hostility. Those other than the thieves are loyal enough to reconguise and respect that much. Considering that my guild does not start a war, it will be enough to grant you free passage at some of the oaisses'.

She began to peer around the room herself. She noted the dancers, almost feeling as if she had done something wrong. Though she was far less concerned about such things.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:50 am

He took the scarf, bringing it to his nose sniffing it's scent. It was a delicate vagrance, one that talked to his tastes. He looked at her smiling blushing as he kept taking in her scent.

Thank you, that is a very kind gift. And it pleases me deeply.

Reaching for his neck he lifed a thin slender golden chain which had been hidden there, at it's end the emblem of the Baatorian Legion hanging on a tiny hanger.

May i offer you this one. It to will open the gates of the Baatorian lands, if you ever felt the need to visit them.

Nodding to her as he slid the chain over her head and around her neck.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Zhulin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:03 pm

He smiled and nodded.

I guess the offer by a mere person such as my self to go to a secluded area was not a good one. My apologies if I offended you. I am sure that your friend would be quite mad if you went off alone with me anyways. I hope you enjoy the rest of the ball.

He was not sure what happened and he bowed and then left to go to get a drink. He needed one. He had just made a fool of himself and he needed to hide that fact.
Zhulin
Stablehand

Postby Shayanna » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:26 pm

*Shayanna blinked, then frowned in annoyance*

"I cannae read this guy.
At all.
Damned humans nae ever be clear."

She cocked her head slightly as she stared at him in obvious puzzlement, then watched him walk away...
Almost as frustrated as she was*

"Hey!"

*She reached up and grabbed his shoulder. Although he was physically stronger than her, she made it clear she wanted him to stop*

"What ye be about?"

*She reassesesd the situation taking into account the wine and the location.*

"Lead.
But do nae expect me to talk much."
--=(§hayanna Ðanielle Griffinsbane)=--
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/367863
The first Princess of Improv, to the last Princess of Maxim
Shayanna
The Warlady

Postby Adriana D. R. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:56 pm

She brushed a hand over the thin chain.

Thank you.

She wasn't really sure what to say in response, and slipped the main of the chain under her wrap. In response she leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. Then backed away quickly.

I will make a point to visit your lands. This has been my first trip away from the dessert for anything besides war.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:59 pm

He came to a halt blushing looking at her. Then bringing his hand to his cheek, as if to feel something that was still there. A smile forming on his face.

I will make a point to visit your lands. This has been my first trip away from the dessert for anything besides war.

Nodding, happy it seemed. Something that didn't seem to match his usually well controlled behavior. As he showed his humanity, in a way he usually chose not to.

Then as if taking a life of its own his face moved. His lips brushing slightly against hers. On the side of the ball room. Taking in the taste for a moment. Then withdrawing blushing even more.

I'm sorry,

He mumbled.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:10 pm

She looked to him and blushed. This time the blush was rather visible against her skintone.

She leaned forward a moment to whisper back to him, not wanting everyone in the room to hear. It's allright.

She then kissed him back a moment before sitting back. She was usually not one to show some things in public herself. Though she couldn't help but indulge herself a little. It was nice to feel something again. She had forgotten what it felt like to be kissed and want to kiss back.

She said in a low voice, enough that only he could hear. Thank you. I forgot what such a simple thing felt like.
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:15 pm

He did not know what he had expected. But the kiss returned seemed to put his blood on fire for a moment. It seemed of a sort to give food to a hunger deep inside him. As he looked up, averting his eyes a moment. To see if anyone was watching. Then returning his attention to the egyptian damsel.

Thank you. I forgot what such a simple thing felt like.

He nodded looking at her. Smiling. Almost forgetting the audacity of the simple motion that had brought his lips to hers.

You are welcome. For sure it is not something what anyone should forget.

Smiling at her, a bit more of a blush visible on his cheeks.
¤-The Warlord-¤

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby Adriana D. R. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:25 pm

She nodded.

No, but some things are best repeated in due time, all the same.

She winked at him before standing.

Would you like another glass of wine?
Adriana Dessert Rose
Adriana D. R.
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time