Of Shadows and Darkness (Closed invite only)

Postby Drefan the Cloak » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:06 am

With a grin on his face, and amusement flickering in his eyes instead of fire, Drefan looked up at his old student.

Very very good Kiara. You're starting to remember a bit of what I taught you.... but apparently you forget I'm a Shadow Assassin...

With that the drow's form turned truelly into shadow, and Kiara's grip slipped right through him. The shadows for their part fled into every different direction, quickly getting lost in the real shadows of the room.

Ahhhhhhhh, excellent... my other wayward son, so to speak, has arrived. So nice of you to finally join us, Shadow.

An iron grip suddenly clamps down on Shadow's shoulder. Before he can react, it hurls him out of hidding and bounces him off the wall, next to Kiara. Stepping out of the shadows across the room, Drefan grins.

Well good, now that both of you are here, the lessons can truely begin...
Drefan the Cloak
Stablehand

Postby Shadow Swiftwind » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:21 am

Shadow was thrown off guard as the shadows behind him formed, and the illustrious Drefan the Cloak grabbed him by the shoulder, hurled him out into the open. Shadow tucked and hit the wall dead on. He the ground rolling backwards, then he sprang to his feet. Then he wheeled about and set a fighting stance, ready to take on the drow.

Morier*.

With that the heartless assassin didn't even wait for his supposed teacher. To continue his sentance, he sprang into action. He didn't wait for Kiara, he drew three shurikens and let them fly at Drefan, knowing those would be blocked he then pulled out two daggers, and entered into a dance of blades, trying his best to hit Drefan in the vital areas. The trained assassin came close, scratching vital spots with the tip of his daggers, but couldn't bite deep enough to do any real damage. Then Drefan feinted, and Shadow fell for it, instantly realizing his mistake, he was disarmed and kicked back into the wall on the opposite side of the room. He gritted his teeth, but made no other sound as he returned to his feet and drew another blade, a short straight blade, slightly longer than a dagger, but shorter than a sword, and readied himself for any counter attack beyond that.

Morier- Dark One.
Shadow Swiftwind
Stablehand

Postby Drefan the Cloak » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:46 am

Grinning wide the drow "sparred" with his mixed race "cousin". Every hit scored by Shadow brought the nod of praise that both student and foe of Drefan Nightfall come to know and appreciate(or despise). Finally he feignted in with an elbow and then with an impossiably fast swipe of his other arm knocked both of the half-drow's blades from his hands. Spinning with the move the Cloak then lashes out with his left leg and connects a powerful roundhouse kick to Shadow's head. Snickering Drefan looks over at Kiara.

You know, if you still fought like that Kiara... I don't think you'd be in this whole mess. So let me ask you this: what good are you to your family in your present condition, hmmm?

Turning to the half-drow, Drefan sighs and shakes his head.

And you my boy... what happened? Don't get me wrong you're every bit as deadly as when last I saw you... looking down at several gash marks in his clothing, I'd say you're probably more deadly now than before. But you have no soul, no heart, no spirit... no... no... OOMMPH! Without that to draw on in times of need, you're a walking dead man, just waiting for that one bad contract on that one bad day. And I don't want to hear any of this "I'm not an assassin any more" crap from you... from either of you for that matter. Not only have I not taken a job in decades, but I defeated the Triad to break free of the Shadow Assassin guild. Not to mention the fact that Shadow Assassin's to this day attempt to hunt me. Despite all of that, I know no matter what I do, where I go, or who I meet, deep down where it counts, I'm still an Assassin. Period. End of discussion.
Drefan the Cloak
Stablehand

Postby Shadow Swiftwind » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:00 am

Drefan spoke of the things that Shadow lacked, no soul, no heart, and no spirit. It was true, Shadow didn't fight with spirit, he analyzed the situation and calculated the best manuevers to use, but he didn't give it all because he was simply restricted by his own inability to harness emotion and turn it into a weapon. Anger was the only emotion Shadow embraced and even then it barely showed, and he rarely overextended himself in combat. He ignored Drefan's words, only thinking that the man was trying to throw Shadow off balance so he could get the upperhand.

Shadow leaped forward again, using a different style that involved a lot of bluffs and feints. Drefan didn't fall for any of the tricks and easily defended against Shadow's strikes. Then the assassin pulled out three throwing spikes and shot them at different parts on Drefan's body. The trained drow blocked the ones to his head and heart, but missed the block on the third which stuck into his side at a non-vital area. This distracted the Shadow assassin long enough for Shadow to bring in his dirk, and slash at Drefan's neck, the blade scratched the drow's neck, but then Shadow found himself on the defensive, Drefan pressing the attack. Then they both backed away, Shadow in a defensive stance, waiting to see if Drefan would spring at him.

He hadn't bothered to respond to Drefan's words because he was focued solely on trying to score a killing blow on the drow.
Shadow Swiftwind
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:25 am

The world around her was going mad and was trying to take her with it, well she wasnt having any of that, she was mad enough without needing the extra help. In one night her home, her private sanctuary had been turned into a battle arena and she had had enough. Getting to her feet Kiara stormed across the room and put herself between the two men who were ready to have another go at each other, the fires blazing in her eyes warned that she was in no mood to be tested any further that night and without warning she lashed out at both men pushing each of them forcefully enough so that they landed onto their backsides.

Enough! If you think that we are in such desperate need of saving so be it but dammit Drefan this is still my home and my children are still sleeping in the rooms across from here. I'll not have you turning my home into a battlefield anymore than you already have. I have not forgotten what it is to be Assassin Drefan Nightfall, just as I have not forgotten what it is to be human, or to be a wife and mother and right now my priorities are getting you to behave your damn selves so you dont wake those children because if you do you'll be the one staying up the rest of the night trying to get them back to sleep! One more damn move from either of you and I will show you just how much Assassin I am!
... Awaken you with a little evil inside ...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Shadow Swiftwind » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:03 pm

He was thrown from his feet by the woman, he tucked and rolled out of hit, hopping back to his feet quickly, he readied himself against both of them now, not expecting the move from the woman had thrown him off guard somewhat, now he wouldn't underestimate her as well as keep his eyes on Jade. Then Shadow and Drefan locked eyes, and Shadow nodded, he was closest to the door and as fast as this woman though she could move, she couldn't catch Shadow before the assassin left the destroyed room.

He quickly made it down the hall and into a room where one of the children was sleeping, his blade was drawn he stalked up to the child and lifted it from the bed with one arm, his strength easily picking it up. He held the blade to the child's throat and came out into the hallway, where Kiara Jade would no doubt be coming his way. Shadow was cold and heartless, the life of one child hardly meant anything to him, it was a wonder he didn't just kill the kid outright.
Shadow Swiftwind
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:14 pm

Where the hell did Drefan find this one, the thought ran through the womans mind while she raced to the nursery where her daughters slept, she nearly collided with the man, animal whatever he was that now held her daughter in his arms, a blade to her throat. Fury unlike any she had ever known erupted inside. It was one thing to want to test her, to remind her who and what she was, it another matter altogether when that test was taken to a whole new level putting the lives of her children in danger. Whoever the elf was that Drefan apparently lured to the Hall of Shadows, was far from being an assassin, the rules and code of conduct did not apply. Bounderies that never should have been were now crossed. Her emerald eyes sparkled her gaze did not shift though she saw creeping silently and unheard a figure she recognized at once. She didnt move, didnt speak, she only stared at the elf with burning hatred, and then suddenly she was leaping forward to catch her daughter in her arms before she hit the ground. Cole had come up from behind the elf and with his well trained, well muscled arms put the elf into an unbreakable hold, one arm pushed down on the base of the elfs neck, the other twisted an arm behind his back and one leg snaked around a leg of the elf leaving the elf immoblized. She started to bring her daughter back to her own room when she saw Drefan staring at her. Marching herself straight up to the drow she grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into a wall.

You... I would have been just fine dealing with you, but you brought that thing into my home, Drefan we are assassin, our own rules and codes may looked down upon by others who do not understand our way but even we know what is acceptable and what is not, we do not kill just to kill! That thing is lawless and a danger to the world in general because it has no conciouss thought other than to kill, it's nothing more than animal! And you brought him here, maybe not directly but your presence alone is obviously enough. What in the hell were you thinking?

Releasing the drow she walked passed him, her anger coming off her in waves.

I never believed you to be such a foolish, stupid man til now. Get out of my sight Drefan, get out of my home and NEVER come to me again... Cole... you may have a time of it, but kill that thing, if he escapes, which no doubt he will and you have to search the four corners of the world to find him, then that is what you will do.
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Shadow Swiftwind » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:51 pm

Shadow was surprised as someone got ahold of him from behind, how had the man managed to sneak up on him? It didn't matter, Shadow made a certain specific motion with his wrists and daggers slid out near his elbows. Shadow repeatedly jabbed one of them into the man until the hold was lost on his other, which he then jabbed both of them into the man. Then Shadow pulled a dagger from the inside of his boots, spun around, and slashed at the man's throat, cleared the hold, and proceeded to move to each of the joints. The shot to the throat missed as expected, but knocked his foe off balance, then Shadow severed the insides of his joints, and kicked the fool of a man over. The man wouldn't die, at least if he had some attention over the next few hours or so.

The Assassin then moved back towards the exit of room where he had got the child, he moved quickly while they were arguing, and placed himself across the hall, but stayed from the shadows, and watched them carefully, incase Drefan decided to pull his little manuever again, this time the trained killer would be ready. He also prepared himself for the inevitable fight with the woman. the one she had referred to as cole had four to six serious wounds, it had all been done in a matter of seconds. Shadow had almost forgotten what it was like to kill, rather than play bodyguard. That man would live though, he cursed himself. Should have killed him. Shadow taunted.
Shadow Swiftwind
Stablehand

Postby Drefan the Cloak » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:36 pm

Sighing at the whole ordeal Drefan brushed some invisible dust off of himself, and began shaking his head while clucking his tongue.

My children, please... you are doing nothing more than reinforcing my belief that the both of your are... are utterly helpless.

With a quick backhanded slap to Kiara's shoulder, Drefan sent her flying into the wall next to him. With the same fluid motion he snatched her daughter gently out of the arm and pulled her to his chest.

First of all... Shadow you completely proved my point. Instead of engaging your foe, you ran, grabbed her child as a hostage... and then in the middle of it all got sloppy and caught. Not to mention your missed your killing shot on that one points at the man laying bleeding on the ground I am very disapointed Shadow.

Just then Kiara exploded into action with a flurry of blows, each aimed to kill or cripple the shadow assassin. Drefan smiled sadly and shook his head at her, as he parried each blow with his free right arm and legs.

And you my dear, I can't even count how mistakes you've just made right now. You gave Shadow the second and a half he needed to mutilate your friend, instead of killing him yourself when you had perfect reason to. You also rely too much on your emotions woman. You think you still remember what it means to be an assassin? cold and menacing laughter echo throughout the hallway You wouldn't survive your first contract if you tried to get back into the swing of things. When was the last time you trained.... I mean really trained? Or how about even meditated? You're slow, weak, very rusty, and worst of all... over emotional.

With that Kiara screams and throws a viscious straight handed strike, aimed straight for Drefan's adam's apple. The drow parries her punch hard enough to spin the woman around, and at about 180 degrees of turn Kiara feels something slender, short, and extremely sharp puncture her back several times. As the spin completes she is standing there still staring at a weaponless Drow.

Being over emotional makes your predictable, readable, and easily beatable. I bet you're so caught up in the fact that I have your child, that you're not paying attention to anything else. Like the life of your friend who's bleeding all over himself right there... or the life of your husband, who I think is covered in debri in your room... or how about even yourself? You know what I always keep on my blades... care to venture what's coursing through your veins now?? Hope you remembered all my lessons on making antidotes.

Snickering Drefan pointed off into the shaodws, tendrils of shadows coiling out from his outstretched finger and creeping off into the darkness. There is a flurry of motion as Shadow attempts to dodge and slice away the strands of darkness. With a sudden twist of the shadow assassin's finger, the webs of darkness wrap around his former student and begin crushing the life out of him. When the drow spoke, his words hissed with the venom of his anger.

You my apprentice reflect poorly on me, and I cannot have that... but at the same time Shadow my boy you have brought something to my attention.

Looking back to Kiara, an evil grin began forming on Drefan's face.

So my dear, since you care nothing about yourself, the only way I can get you to listen is through your family. nodding to himself the shadow assassin looked at the baby girl in his hand Wanna come to stay with Unkie Drefan for a while? You can stay up as late you want, and eat cookies, and...

Twisting nimbly to the side Drefan manages to dodge Kiara's charge. Turning further he strikes out with his elbow into the middle of her back, adding to her momentum as she charges into a wall.

My dear... you should realize that until you have the control to harness your anger, your emotions are more of a hindrance to you than a blessing. At least if you're fighting anyone competent. Neither one of you has what it takes to pass yet. So I'll take from both of you what I can, to give you incentive to learn.

Spinning his finger around the drow wraps his strands of magical darkness tighter and tighter around Shadow, not enough to kill him but enough to make it nigh impossiable to escape. Laughing, he snaps his hand to the side, hurling the impression half-drow into Kiara who was just about to charge back into the fray with Drefan.

Well kids, I'm off. I really do hope for your sakes you can learn to become what you once were... I really don't feel like raising a kid, and I'm sure Shadow doesn't want to get executed by Kiara. So then, I'll give ya a little time to recouperate and reflect on what has happened so far. Heed my words, for I speak more truths than you may realize.

With that he was gone.... and so was Kiara's daughter.
Drefan the Cloak
Stablehand

Postby Condrik » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:50 pm

He had put Cori to bed and he had been talking with Ari and then something hit him. He pulled her into his lap and kissed her.

I am sorry Ari I should not be going on and on about the past especially not about Rayne. I must sound like an idiot or something going on about her. I love you Ari and I have missed you, it may not have been that long we were apart but it was too long for me. There is no one else I can think of that I would rather raise Cori with or any children for that matter. You have been everything to me through this and will be everything to me for my life time. There is so much chaos around here and there is a lot I had planned to say to you the night that everything went to hell. Most of all I had got a ring and was going to ask you to be my wife. Though I planned something more romantic than that.

He looked at her he had not meant to tell her all of that and he just sat frozen for a moment
Condrik
Peasant

Postby Shadow Swiftwind » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:36 am

Drefan's attack had caught him off guard, he couldn't escape, his daggers did nothing to this thing surrounding him. He was suddenly thrown to land in a tangled mess with Kiara Jade on the floor and Drefan the Cloak disappeared with the baby.

Shadow was the first to his feet, he looked quickly to the woman who was rising, her anger at him seemed redirected to the drow who had her child. Then Drefan pulled the same manuever Shadow had intended on using, but was chastized for it because he let himself get sloppy and surprised by the one called Cole.

Cursing himself, he quickly made for the exit of the building, and into the forest beyond, to safety. There he rested and pondered the Shadow Assassin's words.
Shadow Swiftwind
Stablehand

Postby Ariela Ravine » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:14 am

Yeah he dropped that little bit of news on me and lemme tell ya it was not easy to just sit there in his lap like that with him kissing all up on me pouring out his heart without jumping up and screaming that it took him long enough. I could have turned into one of those crazy shrieking women who start bawling hysterically, after all thats what Alec always said I was best at, but what the hell did that big lug know anyway? Ya wanna know what I did? Okay so some of you might not think its all that funny when you hear it but to me at that moment it was just flat out hilarious.

Listen pal, if you need to talk about her and the past it really is alright, I'm not gonna fall over like a wilting little flower if you do, you loved her, you created a life with her, it's normal to want to talk about what you've lost.

So yeah I did mean every word of that yanno, now here comes the part I just thought was funny as hell. I sat there then completely indifferent to the news he shared with me, all I did was look at him and then ever so nonchalantly...

Well when your ready to ask me let me know I'll try and make room for you in my chaotic schedule....
Ariela Ravine
Stablehand

Postby Condrik » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:21 am

He was a bit shocked by her response to what he had said to her. What else would he expect. He just looked at her and nodded.

I guess you better make room for me in that chaotic schedule. I know its not been easy and all. But i do not want anything else to be the shadow over me asking you. I love you Ari, but that is why it was so hard ot say about what i had been doingin town. But I guess now that you know. I had to take the time to pick out the right ring for you. Maybe at some point in all the chaos I will find a time to ask you the right way and maybe get a better response. At least I can hope

Grinning at her.

Though you know with me comes that precious little girl who is going to be a handful its in her blood ya know
Condrik
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:20 pm

The woman was furious, if Drefan thought to teach her lessons he felt she needed to relearn so be it, but when she faced him again she would make certain he understood she was Assassin long before she had met him and she would be Assassin long after he was gone. However, until that time she would keep her anger to herself, she should have been ranting and raging at how he had stolen her daughter away into the night but despite the petty nature of his persuasion Kiara knew no harm would come to her child. Drefan would protect Krystyna as if she were his own. Losa on the other hand was not going to be as understanding as she was, in fact he would probably rage against her for not being more upset, he would learn over the course of the days that were to come that her fury was there, she was simply retraining herself to keep it hidden. As for her daughter, she would leave the return of the babe to another, another whose services she was in dire need of, but Oriana was away on an important journey and Kiara could not bring herself to call for the mage, at least not yet. Cooly, collected she returned to the tattered and torn room she shared with Losa. She saw him stir finally, during Drefans explosive entrance Losa had been struck in the head by a flying piece of debris, the blow had rendered him unconcious until now. Calmly she explained to her husband what had happened and that their daughter was now in the care of the drow...

....That is pretty much it then. Cole needs to be tended to, Vincent has already taken him to a room nearby, I would appreciate it if you could call your mage until I can reach Oriana, I have a task for her to tend to but she is tending to other matters at the moment. I'll be leaving to find Drefan in a few hours, I need to prepare, but I would like it if you came with you. If you dont want to I'll understand entirely, but this is something I have to do, that I need to do with or without you Losa...

Kiara woke from the dream, sweat beaded her forehead, ran down her aching arms and legs. Her first thought was of her daughter and she leapt from the bed. Down the hall and into the nursery she reached the cradle where her baby girl was sleeping soundly, her twin beside her. Running a hand through her fiery hair she noticed even in the dark the bruises that covered her arms. Shaking she padded back to her room, the bed untouched by any shade or drow, Losa slept soundly. She sat down on the bed trying not to disturb her husbands rest. Sleep would not find her again that night, or any other night after for weeks to come. She knew the reasons for the dream and knew now without a doubt that she was doing the right thing by severing the two worlds in which in she lived.
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Losa » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:17 pm

Losa woke up reaching for Kiara but she was not there. He was sure she did not go far. Not without waking him. Losa knew better. Seeing how she came in he waited till she was back down on the bed.

Everything ok Spitfire, of course I know it is not because if it was you would not be up right now. I know its been a hard few weeks and its been one thing after another. I know you wanted me to think more on it, but I want to be a part of everything Kiara. I should have done it lone ago. I know our world needs to be both worlds together it was not fair of me to ask you to keep them seperate. I am sorry I had failed to see it before this, and put you in the positions I had. You deserve more than that from me. I want to help you with it, I know I will need to learn some more. I know it is not always going to be easy. But I know it is what I need to do, and more so what I want to do. So much has changed and its been a long time coming, for your .. for our world to be complete and I believe this is what needs to be done. I know I sound like I am rambling but I want you to know I know what I am doing and this is what I want to do. This whole thing is part of our family and instead of seperating myself from it I want to be a part of it.

Losa looked at her and put an arm around her. Waiting to hear what she had to say about it all.
~SAO~ Will Always be remembered
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Sometimes its best to hide out
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Kiara Jade » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 am

What was she supposed to say to him? She woke from her dreams feeling something inside that she hadnt felt in so long she almost forgot what it was, the burning had become so intense it was almost overwhelming. The fires of who, what she really was had been rekindled and blazed hotter, brighter, stronger than ever. What was he going to think when he realized just what he was asking? There was one way to find out. A slow feral grin turned the corners of her mouth, she tilted her head to look at her husband her green eyes darkened.

Be careful what you ask for Losa Shadow, you may not like what you find once your on the other side. You have had a glimpse of the world you are now asking to become a part of. The world you were allowed to see is nothing but a shell of what the Order once was. I intend to bring the Elite back to its former glory Losa, and you may not like what comes with that task.

She could no longer tip toe around anyone for the sake of bruising feelings, ego or pride. Her own self had been nearly destroyed when she had tried to change who she was, those days were over. Too many lives had been lost, too many lives reduced to nothing compared to what they had once been. It will never happen again, she made the promise to herself and to the whole of the Order, and Losa... if he truly meant what he had said, was in for an ordeal he would remember for the whole of his life.
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Losa » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:06 am

Maybe she expected him to change his mind, but he was not going to. She had done a lot of changing for him and it had taken him so long to realize things needed to be different. It was what he needed to do. It was what he wanted to do.

What do you think I will not like? I know its only a shell I never did think saw it all. I am telling you I will do all I can and give all I can to make our world as it should have already been. I know I have a lot to learn a lot to see. But I am commited to this, not just to make you happy. This is a part of you and a part of our children and I want to help rebuild it to what it should have been all along. I want to help in any way I can. I know you said you need someone to help with things Alex had and I want to be able to help in any capacity I can. I was also thinking of calling for my mage I let that training go too long unused as well. Where do we start with all of it, I know we have to take care of a few things first.

No he did not know everything about things but he was prepared to do all that he could. Knowing the Elite needed to be restored and all, knowing he needed to straighten up and get things done. Some of what he could look back on he really did not want to, knowing how wrong he was. All he could do was look from that moment forward.
Nagash (01:14 PM) : You just killed both Kain and me in one hit at the last minute of the first round O.o
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Condrik » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:09 am

You know I have been thinking about it. It is kind of funny Losa hooked up with an assassin. Not long after Marlene and Damien were thought to be dead I went to go after Losa for the first time, he does not remember it at all. When realized he did not remember that time I did not want to push him and get his mind flooded. If he remembers back then none are safe at all, not if he receives any training. Losa has a gift he does not remember having, its one I do not want to push him to remember because with it will come memories I do not know if he can handle. Losa studied it is odd to speak of what he can do. If he remembers he could be trained to be one of Kiara's strongest and best members. Back a long time ago he was known to walk in the shadows, he could manipulate them to do as he wished too. My aunt Dustball is one who was trained the same way. They tried with me but I was just not meant for those things. I am not sure if any of her children can do it. BUt that is getting off subject. I wonder if certain things got triggered in him what would happen.

Con looked at her, he was trying to get away from the earlier subject cause he was not sure what to think.
Condrik
Peasant

Postby Kiara Jade » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:55 am

Go back to sleep Losa, you have made your intentions and your position very clear. I have matters of my own to tend to right now, that I need to do alone. I'm not keeping anything from you, there are just certain things that I as head of this Order have to do on my own. We can talk more about bringing your mage here for this extra training you speak of. I'm not saying no, and I am not saying yes, I'm saying we'll talk about it and I can better explain myself then.

Getting to her feet Kiara stretched, she felt a peace that had been missing for too long, felt comfortable in her own skin after trying to turn herself into something, someone she knew she could not be. Granted some of the changes in her were bound to happen, after all without change there is not growth, and as head of the Order growth was imperative, and as a mother some changes were just necessary, those changes she gladly welcomed.

I'll be back before the sun rises...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Ariela Ravine » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Well, if your right about your brother he could be very useful to Kiara and the Order but thats the catch isn't it? I have a feeling after what she said to us, that she intends to bring the Order back to the way it was when she first became Mistress. Her father is probably rolling in his grave right now to see what the Elite have become. Would your brother be willing to become a part of the Order if that's what she is up to?

The way he changed the subject so quickly didn't really surprise me. I guess what I said to him earlier when he told me he was going to ask me to marry him wasn't the answer he had been looking for. Well what the hell, I mean he didn't exactly come right out and ask me now did he? No he didn't so why would I say yes to a question that hadn't even been asked? I am still a diva yanno despite all the crap we've all been through and dammit if someone wants me to marry them then I expect to be asked, I don't expect to have to read between the lines.
Ariela Ravine
Stablehand

Postby Condrik » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:35 pm

I am right about my brother. I am not sure what he will do but I got a feeling if things are going to change he is going to need to be a part of them. I know Losa would do well especially if his abilities are unlocked again. But I am not sure if it is unlocked he will become one of tve greatest assets to the order. I have often thought of asking someone to unlock those memories for him but I figure in time things will come. I mean if they are meant to come that is. I am not sure how much of his past he actually remembers. Losa was good with his skills, but we will see what happens. It has been a long night. I am thinking some rest before the day begins would be good.

Stretching out he smiled and kissed her. Condrik could not tell her yet that ve was doing some thinking of his own about the order. Con would not mention it to anyone till he was sure of what he was thinking.
Condrik
Peasant

Postby Losa » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:48 pm

Listening to Kiara he just nodded.

I was actually thinking I need to start get more disciplined on things. I know you have things you need to do so I won't keep you. I will see you when you return. When we get to talk I will tell you why I think I need my mage here.

Losa was doing his best to try and understand. It was not easy it was sometimes like she wanted him to do but then she needs to do on her own. Losa went back to resting for awhile though memories kept running through his mind. Not knowing exactly when sleep found him again he started to hear strange voices and strange words.

Lil Archer, no. What happened here where are they?

Waking up he did not even realize he had fallen asleep he looked confused. Knowing part of it was vard but ve could not remember everything from back then.
Losa
Caretaker

Postby Ariela Ravine » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:58 am

I had a feeling all hell was going to break loose at the Hall of Shadows and who was going to be right in the center of it all? The red headed bitch. Now don't go reading into that just yet, you have to understand, the Kiara you all know now, is nothing and I do mean nothing compared to who she used to be. If she is planning on reverting back to the old ways, then Losa and all of Newport Cove was in for one hell of time. I just hoped he could keep up. There wasn't anything Con or I could do about it that night though, and he was right. The hour had grown late, I can't believe I actually used to turning in at a less than ungodly hour, not to mention all the damn chaos just sucked the energy right out of me. It was time to sleep for alot of reasons, the main one being the pink little bundle that would be waking up in a couple of hours wanting to be fed.

Go on up to bed Pal, it's been a longer day for you than it has for me, I'll sleep down here til it's time for Coris' feeding then I'll be up.

Truth be told I hoped he went to bed. Not because I didn't want him around, that's just silly to think, but I had gotten used to taking of that little baby on my own even if it was just for a little while, and I looked forward to the late night feedings, they had become "our time" and it was when I was able to bond with her best. It's selfish I know it is, I mean he's her father and he's barely had anytime to be with her, to form his own bond with her yanno. Even now it amuses me how I became an instant mother, hell I didn't think I had it in me but I guess we all have something in us we don't know is there until it needs to be seen eh?
Ariela Ravine
Stablehand

Postby Kiara Jade » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:26 am

Are you sure this is what you want to do Jade?

Kiara and Cole sat in the darkened council room, the only light came from the moon peeking through the drawn drapes casting minimal slivers of light. Since waking in the dead of night Kiara could not shake the feeling that what she saw, heard and did while sleeping was no mere dream and she couldnt stop replaying the events in her mind. Even in the darkness Cole could see her emerald eyes gleaming in a way he hadnt witnessed in a very long time.

Find him.

What had possessed her after all these years to want the drow who had murdered her father, who had been her greatest enemy and her greatest companion at the same time brought to her? What was going on in her head? Whatever it was Cole could already see glimpses of Kiara as she had once been, and he had a feeling there was a true awakening in the works. His only concern was how Losa was going to react to what she had planned. Right on cue, like she had heard what he was thinking, she let him know exactly what she thought on the matter.

If Losa is as sure as he claims to be about becoming part of this Order and taking on Alecs' responsabilites then he will not challenge me on this. He wants to bring his mage here to train him I would imagine in the ways of Art, he possesses an ability that has barely been unlocked. If he wishes to unlock it even further, if I am willing to allow a man I know so very little of near this Order, then he will hold his tounge while I do what I need to for myself, and for this Order. Find him Cole.

There was no room for arguement in her tone, Cole had seen her like this many times, that was before.. did he even want to think it.. before she became soft.

As you wish Mistress.

How long had it been since that word, her rightful title had fallen from his lips? Too long. Something inside the man breathed a refreshing sigh as he took to his feet and excused himself to carry out her orders.

Alone in the council room Kiara Jade sat back in the chair placed at the head of the table, images of Kristian, Alec, Rone, Brodrick, Cole and even that traitorous Douglas appeared in the shadows taking their rightful places at the table. A feral grin turned the corners of her mouth, she knew they werent really there, knew she was only thinking back to a time when the Order was strong, they would be strong again...
Kiara Jade
Pickpocket

Postby Condrik » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 am

Yes it's been a long day, but I would kind of like to be up when she gets fed. I do not know fully what I am doing yet and truth is I would kind of like to learn. I mean what if sometime I have her out and need to feed her? I mean if you really do not want me to stay up I won't. But I have had so little in her life so far. I know you have been doing all you can for her Ari. I know it must not be easy, I mean heck even being a father before I did not have much to do with feedings and stuff cause of well how she fed him.

Looking at Ari he smiled. It had been a long day for them all and Rayne's burial was to come. Reaching for Ari he started massaging her shoulders.

Truthfully how are you holding up Ari? I worry about all you have taken on and had to deal with lately. And I was not even around to help though I knew partly what I was agreeing to putting my trust in Kiara and Oriana. But when I saw you with Cori it was for those moments nothing else mattered. Nothing at all.
Condrik
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Shadows of Time