The Underworld OOC

A selection of roleplay forums for the world of Tonan.

The Underworld OOC

Postby Voice Elessar » Tue May 06, 2008 6:22 pm

This thread is open for the sharing of ideas and ooc story development for The Underworld. As was stated in Voice Jade's thread this forum will focus mainly on Leto. If you wish to have him interact with your storyline in anyway this is the place to request it. Be sure to have a quick summary of what you want him to do and why and we'll discuss it with the Admin.

Heres a quick synopsis of what is known of Leto at this point:

Leto, the smartest of three, rose to fame in circles not mentioned in polite conversation. An ear to the ground, a man of the people, his following has grown with a deep personal commitment to those around him. The name Leto has a dual edged meaning to many, wild, chaotic, and unpredictable while at the same time conjuring images of a generous, charismatic leader with a penchant for caring for the poor.
Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Voice Elessar
Voice

Re: The Underworld OOC

Postby Kaz » Tue May 06, 2008 6:46 pm

I kind of see the underworld to be much like the Mockers of Krondor (Raymond E Feist).

Leto would be a mysterious figure in the background much like the 'Upright Man' in the Mockers.

There could be a selection of towns that are outside of the Islan / Empire / Desputed Kingdom regions, where the 'organisation' have a good hold. Although I would expect strong ties to any organised criminal element in Islan, the Empire or the Disputed Kingdoms.

With regards to places, I have just introduced the town of Lurelyn in the thread posted by Islia
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed May 21, 2008 6:16 am

The thread I started takes place in a city in the realms of Angelique, building on your "sewers and rooftops" comment. No use hanging around in sewers or on rooftops within one's own realm.

After dealing some treacherous damage to said heathen city, I plan to retreat to Letite lands again. Some guidelines for that would be welcome, lest I just come up with something which might conflict with a greater plan.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Voice Elessar » Wed May 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Unfortunatly there are three regions, three cities to be worked on, and only so much time during the day inwhich to work on them =/

Feel free to give some suggestions on what you'd like to see and i'll get to work on it as soon as I can.
Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Voice Elessar
Voice

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu May 22, 2008 4:24 am

"Leto, the smartest of three, rose to fame in circles not mentioned in polite conversation. An ear to the ground, a man of the people, his following has grown with a deep personal commitment to those around him. The name Leto has a dual edged meaning to many, wild, chaotic, and unpredictable while at the same time conjuring images of a generous, charismatic leader with a penchant for caring for the poor."

That doesn't give me much to use for the creation of a city or land.
I recall that Leto was living in a forest, and more or less living Robin Hood style. Don't know if that was the formal storyline or not though. If Leto is the one involved with thieves and stuff, what kind of city can be built around that? A hidden town deep in the forest? Or would there be cities loyal to Leto aplenty (which makes more sense if you link the RP to the game)? What are the cities made up of? A town full of thieves and murderers would be chaotic indeed, but wouldn't make sense, for there wouldn't be anyone to steal from.

And that is exactly why I am going to wreak havoc in Angie lands before going 'home': the countours of 'home' are too unclear.
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby SoulDemon » Sat May 24, 2008 8:42 am

Not sure if I see Leto as a Robin Hood type of sorts living in a forest...

I see him more of a likable poiltician. He's a 'man of the people' in the sense that unlike his counterparts, he is seen in bar/taverns, out and about mingling and visable. Charismatic in the sense that he is a good speaker who inspires people to fight for him and people want to serve him. The 'raising to fame in circles not mentioned in polite conversation' leads me to believe he was involved in the underground dealings of whatever cities he grew up in. Slave trade, prostitution, perhaps assassinations and other such crimes. He may not of performed them but he might of been a point of contact or a broker in the negotiations.

The dual edged meaning part can hold true for all of that. While he appears to be this person who cares for his people and inspires them to fight, his past assocations with shady characters and possibly his past doings could haunt him. He could involve himself in fights that he may not be the clear cut winner, when people expect him to do one thing he does another, his actions may seem just flat out chaotic when viewed in comparision to his counter parts.

To create a city based off of his description is hard, but I suppose it could be done. Lets take the city you live in now or the next big city near you as an example and put it in a fantasy setting.

Every major city has its nice parts, its livable parts, and its ghetto/bad parts. The rich, nobles, king/queen/city mayor or whatever live in the nicer parts. Bar's are nicer, more upstanding, people dress better, its cleaner and safer. Markets are more bountiful, but the price of goods is higher (but they are the best avialable.) The city crime patrol has a heavy presense in this part of the city and if you even look shady you are harassed.

The livable part would be the middle class section of the city where, depending on the overall feel of the city, the majority of common peasents may live. They have bars/taverns/shops, etc. Prices are more affordable here, but the goods may not be as fresh or as good of quality as in the rich section. There is petty crime in this area, pickpockets, theft, brawls and fighting, the occassional 'bad' crime stuff. (maybe someone gets killed once in a blue moon as a result of a bar fight). City patrols are seen here as well and the peace is kept fairly well.

Your lower class, poor, and shady characters inhabit the ghetto section of the city. Those who dwell here are dirt poor, dirty or they are mercenaries or involved in mostly illegal trade or other such activities. Alot of wharehouses, and small townhome style houses and apartments where multiple families may live in the same dwelling. The streets are dirty and littered. The taverns and bars here are hole in the wall places where you normally don't dwell unless you are looking for something specific. The criminal underground dwells here as does any sort of illegal drug or goods trade. People disappear in this area all the time and nobody thinks a second thought about them, overall not a nice place to visit unless you are looking for something specific. If the city has docks or any sort of access to a river you would find this section close by to the docks. If its a coastal city may even have some piracy going on here as it is easier to move stolen goods.

At least thats how I'd see it.
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Kaxion » Sat May 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Somehow for a Leto city I see something a mix of New York,Paris and Las Vegas
Goblyn Famahlee
Sometimes " THE MAJORITY " only means all the fools are on the same side
Bringer of The GIRK!
TDOD!/OSM/RK/WEEC/GOBLINS/MTS/COF/OAFS/GF
Kaxion
Pickpocket

Postby _Nagash_ » Sat May 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Cheers for the input, SD. I'll go on and work something out. :)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Return to Stories of Tonan