Within the Empire OOC

A selection of roleplay forums for the world of Tonan.

Within the Empire OOC

Postby Voice Elessar » Tue May 06, 2008 5:56 pm

This thread is open for the sharing of ideas and ooc story development for the Empire.
As was stated in Voice Jade's thread this forum will focus mainly on Barnabas. If you wish to have Barnabas interact with your storyline in any way this is the place to request it. Be sure to have a quick summary of what you want him to do and why and we'll discuss it with the Admin.

Heres a quick synopsis of what is known of Barnabas at this point:

Raised in an older House of the Empire, a quiet dignity hangs on the shoulders of young Barnabas. Each action taken, each stance held with forethought and a preponderance of the effects on all his subjects. Only a few close advisors have his ear, and with this come opinions of arrogance, untested wisdom, and the impression of being manipulated. On the battlefield however, this grace and steady deliberation is revered, by enemies and soldiers alike.
Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Voice Elessar
Voice

Re: Within the Empire OOC

Postby Desdemona » Sat May 10, 2008 6:13 am

I happened to notice, over yonder in that there "Land of Islan" aka "Leto-Land", that a city has been started, and it has a great story so far.

...hopefully one is planned for the Empire?? Pretty,pretty please? If I try to come up with my own ideas for a city, it will harken back to many RP-years ago and I think those lands are pretty much toasted by now, yes??
~Desdemona
Gypsy Without a Clue
Former Freak of FERVENT
Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?
Desdemona
Stablehand

Postby Voice Jade » Sat May 10, 2008 8:26 am

We are indeed talking about various ideas. Established cities along with some player driven settlements.

We hope to have something for all 3 factions soon!
The pen is mightier than the sword, and much easier to haul around.
Voice Jade
Voice

Postby Voice Elessar » Sun May 11, 2008 8:27 pm

As Voice Jade stated, we will have cities for each realm so keep a look out for updates, it shouldn't be to much longer.
Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Voice Elessar
Voice

Postby Kaz » Mon May 12, 2008 5:41 pm

One this that needs to be thought about when discussing the Empire, is Barnabas' role.

The storyline says "Raised in an older House of the Empire" and refers to him as being young, it doesn't refer to Barnabas as the Emperor of the Empire.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Matrim » Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 am

great point Kaz.. potential storyline.. Barnabas gathering power for his house as a faction steadily growing in a slightly different direction from the current regime.. ala Shogun vs Emperor.. maybe even to the point where emperor is in league with Leto (a slowly evolving series of deals with the devil?) and Barnie struggles to "properly" steer the Empire without playing into the hands of Chaos by leading a revolution...

On a less interesting note.. any thoughts on what type of society for the empire? Major products for trade? What fuels the wealth and power?
Fervent poltergeist~TEN's Poetaster
~LA and sLAinte Forever~
A Surviving Leader of Serpent The Original Last Guild Standing
Matrim
Stablehand

Postby Voice Elessar » Tue May 27, 2008 11:44 am

I see The Empire as being very Roman in nature, with the emporer and his generals weilding the power. I see Barnabas as coming to power eventually by gaining the loyalty of the armies and eventually over throwing the current leadership and establishing his own.

As far as trade and such, I think i'll let someone else work on that ;>
Voice Elessar
Voice

Postby Dyvim Tvar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Oh hey I'm not sure if this whole thing is stil lactive or not but I have a quick question that has been kind of bugging me lately so here goes:
Are we in any danger of getting a map soon? Because seriously, a map would be the best thing to happen to the fluff of this thing since--fuck I don't know, whatever the last really great thing was.
Eddie Kim sends his regards, motherfucker!
WhY so SeriOUs?
FOXHOUND - It'll make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur, just like me!
Dyvim Tvar
International Superstar

Return to Stories of Tonan