Storyline Archive : First Steps

A selection of roleplay forums for the world of Tonan.

Storyline Archive : First Steps

Postby Kaz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 pm

So.

We currently have a storyline about three Mortal leaders. But everybody alwasy thinks and roleplays as if they were Gods.

Maxim has been destroyed, and now Covenant has gone too. We need a place that we can mould our histories into again, and as I said in the thread, I'm not inspired enough at the moment.

Collectivly though....
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Dauthi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:57 pm

Are we going back to them being Gods like old days or are we staying with mortals?
Leader of Goblins ~ Start of the new trend.
"Didina wike dat beebee!!" - Belle's little one.
Fervent. - Yeah weird huh?
"<venus> who else was i doing..dauthi? and thantos right"
Dauthi
Journeyman

Postby Mallya' » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:59 am

A couple of early morning thoughts.

If we stay with the mortal thing my first suggestion is that we get some people to play some alts for us. Mortals are tanagible and even though I've never met any important mortal leader I know they exist as real people. Perhaps this is thier home that we've come to. Have them pop around into random threads. Inspire the troops and such.

As far as the destruction of Covenant, Guilds, Valid I say it be a bit ambiguous. Something along the lines of the worlds slept. It's a cheap easy way out I know but we have very few die hard role players. This would be a clean slate for everyone and put us all on equal footing. This might help the non-covenant people feel more comfortable if they don't feel like they have to play a huge game of catch up just so they can rp with others. Sometimes less is more ya know.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Sanctum Officium 1am GMT 27/3/04 Forever remembered
Mallya'
Stablehand

Postby Kaz » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:04 pm

My thoughts are along the lines of wanting to see a world like we had with Maxim, so that I can just pick up where I left off with my characters.

As far as my storylines are concerned, I have not Roleplayed the death of Maxim or the time of the Lizardmen so my charcters are not going to have any reflections of those times. I dont know how this effects the timeline histories of other roleplay characters though.

The beleif system central to my Guild TEN's roleplay is the Sun and the two moons that Maxim had, and their interaction with the 10 constellations of the zodiac. They would now have to be coloured Red, Orange and Blue (rather than the old Orange, Purple and Grey). For TMP it doesnt really matter. They fit in wherever the Droben are.

With the Gods. Kaz started worshiping Leto and has history as Leto as a God rather than a Human. His early roleplay was in the Guilds forum (on the mainland). His city burned, as did he but somehow he survived. He then got possesed by Niurin on the Island of Maxim, but broke free when I disbanded TEN. He's kind of fucked up and lost now and could easily have returned to the mainland before the Maxim Island was destroyed and peopel escaped to the Covenant Island.

When Maxim and Mopri was around, the lands of Guilds were often referred to as the mainland. I suggust we move our roleplay to the mainland rather than an island. That way we can have whole continents to roleplay on, and those of use that have not dealt with the ends of two worlds, dont have to worry about them.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby ~Vox~ » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:47 pm

I suggust we move our roleplay to the mainland rather than an island. That way we can have whole continents to roleplay on, and those of use that have not dealt with the ends of two worlds, dont have to worry about them.

That means i get to treat you like 'furiners ;p

I don't really know what i'm doing here, mostly nosy i guess. I haven't really tried to rp in a long time. My main idea was to start writing a story of the game as i remember it, rp my history based on things that went on in the game.

My biggest problem is staying focused enough to do it.

Not sure how much help i'll be with this though but i ain't skeered of it ;)
Monkey see, Monkey do
~Vox~
Journeyman

Postby Karhedron » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:05 am

I only really have ideas at present for the history of the Hirudan Empire, and as a sheltered people just emerging from their heartlands, we obviously have little role to play in or awareness of the history of the world around us...

Yeah... people seem very slow to adjust to the idea of the three being mortal these days... but in relation to that the possibility of them being 'real' by popping into threads seems quite cool to me.

I'm rather busy with work/research atm, but once my deadlines pass on september the 4th i was thinking of starting work on a map of the Hirudan Empire, that i could easily, possibly bit by bit, expand to cover the entirety of whatever world Unity ends up being based in, as per the request of each guild, etc.

Obviously most of the map would need to be open space to ensure the possibility of free expansion for all.
Prince of The Hirudan Empire
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby MoP » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:50 am

For some reason, I think that the God being Mortals should be reflected on the game. I know Gili has some nice ideas about it and I really want to help thinking of more cool features this game change can bring.

I only have 1 RP character that worships Barnabas as a God. He went to war multiple times just because people stated Barnabas is Mortal. He even took the field against fellow followers of Barnabas. Maybe that's another addition to the game: the ability to attack your own faith, or just the ability (in-game) to believe in the Mortals or in the Gods. Basically that would leave you 3 faiths, but 6 beliefs...

Just brainstorming though, perhaps this is not the right forum to do so...
--Master of Puppets--

Obey your Master.
Merry Union of Mercenaries
MoP
Squire

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:24 pm

Are you trying to create a storyline that will include the previous incarnation of the "gods" or are you trying to scrap that story and begin with a new one.

I mean you could write the story with everything, Foret, etc, and just have it so that there were dramatic faith switches due to things, or you can just scrap the past and start over.
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
Maverick
Knight

Postby Kaz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:28 pm

That's a good question Mav, hadn't really thought about the other Gods.

So I guess timeline wise, we had Barnabas, Angelique and Leto as Gods for a long time. Something must have then happened to cause the Gods to cease to be worshipped. [edit] Possibly tied to the destruction of MoPri

The prophets Sola, Diman and Mina prophesised their return, but instead saw Foret, Isonia and Darden take supremacy.

Barnabas, Angelique and Leto then turn up again in mortal form and take the world back from the usurper Gods destroying the Islands of Maxim and later Covenant in the process.

There is definatley a worthy story there if we can fill in some blanks, and of course add a new betrayal to cause them to fight among themselves again
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Gili » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:29 am

Perhaps the key here is, for these missing stories...is get our RP'er types to actually rp that out. thus filling the void in the plot, and giving our RP types something to work with that adds to the overall story line.
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
Gili
Developer

Postby Nether » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 am

I love the idea of banri leto and angi coming back as mortals to try and take back what they feel is thiers, thats an angle i havn't seen yet and would love the chance to rp with that

oh and if your looking for volunteers for posting as an alt as was suggested earlier i'll happily volunteer.

(and yes I will us spell checker)

And to seperate the gods once more? Greed, its simple, easy to associate with beings of immense power, and has caused some of the largest wars in history.
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby Maverick » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Gili,

True, but it is necessary to know whether the "start" is this age, or 10 years ago.

As in, is this just a continuation of an old story, or are we forgetting the past.
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
Maverick
Knight

Postby Gili » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 am

Good point.
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
Gili
Developer

Postby Karhedron » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:23 am

Nether wrote:I love the idea of banri leto and angi coming back as mortals to try and take back what they feel is thiers, thats an angle i havn't seen yet and would love the chance to rp with that

oh and if your looking for volunteers for posting as an alt as was suggested earlier i'll happily volunteer.

(and yes I will us spell checker)

And to seperate the gods once more? Greed, its simple, easy to associate with beings of immense power, and has caused some of the largest wars in history.

Lol... dibs on being Leto. :P

Gotta say, i agree with Nether *spitspit* in my support for the idea of the old gods returning to 'what is theirs'... perhaps it was the awesome powers unleashed on the world from the heavens above as they battled with the 'newer' gods that caused so much destruction (covenant, valid, etc)... and while they emerged victorious over the usurpers, it cost them their immortality.

Now, mortal, they know the only way to ascend to the heavens once again is to achieve supreme levels of worship from the peoples of Tonan (many of whom their war with Darden and co squished/fried). As such, with the reduced number of potential worshippers, their only choice is to war one another for the purpose of showing their power, conquering peoples, and building a new worship-base to as to once again ascend as gods.

Perhaps whichever faith's guild holds the top of the guild ranks at the end of an age gets to have their mortal incarnation become demi-god for the next age: reflected in faithwide bonus in say income or elan or turns or somesuch due to their idol having ascended part of the way back to divinity and inspiring/blessing his people...

Alternatively, this could be done on a weekly basis... whoever holds the top of the guild scrolls at 23:59 on sunday gets their dude to be a demi-god for the week: would lead to some very active weekends as guilds head to war to take the top spot/knock others off it, and gain the weekly benefits... maybe these are randomly generated each week to spice things up... with from time to time these 'bonuses' being negative due to the 'powers that be' punishing the ex-diety for trying to use godly powers of which they still view him/her undeserving...

Just my tuppence...
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby Kaz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Mav, I would say that the start (in the context of new roleplays starting now) would be at some point after Foret, Isonia and Darden had been defeated. Angelique, Barnabas and Leto have been back too long for that war to be occurring now.

Although it might be cool to have some main threads running that are set in the past.

But it is a continuation of an old story, I have no real wish to forget the past with my roleplay, and would like to see a world that players who have left can return back to easily.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Kaz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:25 pm

As for roleplaying the Mortals/Gods.

I know you'd all dearly love to have an alt with the name of a God(dess). But it could only really happen if we have three different Admin prepared to roleplay.

Have suggested the idea in our admin forum though.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Nether » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 pm

well crud =/ oh well it would still be awesome to post in a thread that has a god or goddess alt involved
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby Bran » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:43 pm

Man am I glad I decided to start playing again at this time :)

Few quick ideas before I crack the books:

1. I know that you guys are tossing out ideas regarding the continuation of the old storylines or the incorporation of the newer storylines with the prophets and such. It may sound kind of cheesy but it might make for some fun RP but maybe the time between the old gods of Barny, Leto, and Angie was all a dream. Perhaps it was a massive spell cast on the entire land by some clandestine group seeking to control the minds of everyone in a effort to bring about some nefarious plan to replace the gods with Mortals hungry for power i.e. Foret and the rest with the prophets being the key mages in charge of the massive spell.

2. Oliana...Once a key goddess who's followers were forced into hiding. Perhaps they had something to do with the problems going on. We wouldn't have to make her a goddess again, we could play her as a demigoddess or perhaps something else entirely.

3. The idea of RPing out Barny, Leto, and Angie could be interesting and does not have to be limited to only 3 people. Christianity holds many different sects that view God and Jesus as different. Jesus is in the Koran as well as a prophet. We could have a few peopel playing aspects of the gods but they wouldn't be confined to protraying any kind of continuity in it.

4. As far as Maxim and Mo'pri and all the rest of the old RP goes, perhaps it is time to ask for a collection of the old Guild RP's Look thorugh the files and grab those that were prominent RP guilds and not just muscle power houses and we can build off of those few amazingly written guilds.

5. Anything that happens I think that it would be helpful to have a plot outline before we write so that everyone can toss out and include ideas, suggestions, arguements and what not. In the meantime we could put up a temporary storyline that the majority of the people agree on here while we work on the final copy.
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
Bran
Traveler

Postby Karhedron » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:37 pm

Would the RPd gods/mortals necessarily have to be admin? Could we not host 'anonymous' RP competitions:

You send your entry (of a limited length), essentially showing how you would RP the idol you are 'auditioning' for, to an e-mail addy, and either the admin choose, or the admin post them into a thread and people vote upon which they think is best.

These occur either once, or every now and then with the anonymous winner playing their auditioned-for diety for a limited term on the condition that he/she keeps hush about his/her identity similar to the Voices.
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby SoulDemon » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:36 pm

Would the RPd gods/mortals necessarily have to be admin? Could we not host 'anonymous' RP competitions:

Heh - no. If the Gods were ever to be roleplayed, it would be by Admin. Thats the only way I would even consider allowing it.

As for the storyline - I kind of like the idea of combining every incarnation of the Gods we've had into an ongoing storyline. Makes adding new gods, and possibly removing current ones alot easier ;>
This user no longer exists.
SoulDemon
User no longer exists

Postby Bran » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:03 pm

So what do we have right now as to ideas? Anything definite that we are concrete on besides the gods being RP'd by admin if we go that route?

Maybe we cold start a new thread that is just a list of the parameters we have agreed on or that have been decided upon by the powers that be and we can leave this thread for discussion.
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
Bran
Traveler

The Fall of Angelique, Barnabas and Leto

Postby Kaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:33 pm

This thread is to brainstorm ideas for the cause of the original change in Gods.

This part of the story needs to explain away the end of the 4 Gods and the destruction of MoPri.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

The Fall of Foret, Isonia and Darden

Postby Kaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:34 pm

This thread is to brainstorm ideas for the story behind the most recent change of Gods.

This part of the story needs to go into the War between the Mortals and the Gods, and explain the destruction of Guilds, Valid, Maxim and Covenant
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Kaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Good idea Bran, let's get a few more threads out there.

Have firstly created 2 threads to brainstorm ideas for the storyline of why Angelique, Barnabas and Leto ceased to be, and another to brainstorm ideas for the battle between the Mortals and the Gods.

I'd like to see.. eventually... enough stuff to allow us to come up with a short opening storyline, and some larger documents to be linked from the pre-game screen (like the old droben descriptions and the maxim roleplay description).
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Bran » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Here is what we should all know and agree on (if I am wrong someone let me know!):

1. we know about the war of the gods and how it is mirrored in the lands of Mo'Pri

2. we know that Mo'Pri was destroyed in a cataclysm of great magnitude (This was during the time I was away from the game so someone will have to fill that in)

3. We know that out of the destruction of Mo'pri that three new prophets appeared hearlding the arrival of Foret, Isonia and Darden. (I have no clue what the prophets names where)

What could be:

1. Perhaps the war of the gods had so divided the lands and splintered the heavens that it allowed other, newer gods to ursurp the heavens.

2. Perhaps we can agree that more followers equals more power for the gods and that maybe the prophets appeared and began converting people.

3. Leto, Angie and Barny were to late to stop the take over of the heavens so they destroyed the lands of Mo'Pri to keep Foret, Isonia, and Darden from taking it and forcing the people to flee to the island of Maxim.

4. Foret, Isonia and darden imprisoned the three elder gods in the 13 level of Hell (Baator??) and started to rule. Leto, Angie, and Barny had seeded the land of Maxim with followers who kept their loyalty and secretly worked to bring back the elder gods. (Which will explain why some of the guilds in Maxim still followed the elder gods)

Anyway those are my ideas...next
"fortes fortuna adiuvat"
DF
Bran
Traveler

Next

Return to Stories of Tonan