Re: Duo/easy kill routine

Postby Gokou7 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 pm

my 10k just hit a 18k

Good luck.
Gokou7
Stablehand

Postby SRT8 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:00 am

Nice hit, Giraballs-deep. A little on the cheap side though. Either way, I suggest you drop those acres or my King is going to go nuts deep in your kingdoms ass! :shock: Didn't see that one coming, huh? :twisted:
Outwit. Outplay. Outbreak.
Judge not, lest ye be Judged
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby -Garibaldi- » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 am

Thanks for the 50k acres...dont' ever threaten a droben, just kill it.

Best of luck on the upswing.

btw- I knew your were the king. :wink:
º°”`˜”°º••¤ GäяîвaĻĐí ¤••º°”˜`”°º
-Garibaldi-
Stablehand

Postby SRT8 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:22 am

Gloating about taking a cheap hit minutes before the anniversary date of Bo Ri Kat and Sartorious isn't something to gloat about. Sure it's a war game, but you took it to a whole nother level. You hit me not even a minute after the war functions came back up. You're the definition of an asshole.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby -Garibaldi- » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm sorry should i have waited ten minutes for you to come on and down hit me? You did come on 10 minutes after war functions came on with full turns didn't you? You hypocrite. Is there a ten minute grace period no one told me about? Are we supposed to let people who are milking the downtime get away with it?

You keep calling it a cheap hit, but i don't see how those two uphits are cheap... and how dare you bring up dead people to try and defend you getting your ass whooped in an online texted based game. What a low class piece of shit you are. Seriously is your self image directly linked to your rank on the scrolls? Get a life.

Take your lumps like a man, you've been boasting and swinging around your king status like you've never held the rank before, from now on don't go running your mouth talking shit and threatening me or I'll will again show you your place at the bottom...

First you brag, name call and threaten me, then you downsize all your troops, and then you cry when the guy you threatened smashes you. I can't think of any recent time someone has played with such stupidity.

If i'm an asshole for taking your land....well i guess i'll keep being an asshole. You go ahead and keep crying about it though, it tickles me pink.
-Garibaldi-
Stablehand

Postby Kaxion » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:22 pm

WOW lovin the animosity aren't ya boys.......

Quick piece of advice :)

Go get laid and relax for a minute.......
Goblyn Famahlee
Sometimes " THE MAJORITY " only means all the fools are on the same side
Bringer of The GIRK!
TDOD!/OSM/RK/WEEC/GOBLINS/MTS/COF/OAFS/GF
Kaxion
Pickpocket

Postby I]\/[mortality » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:39 pm

cool down guys.. :sheriff:
Retired
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman

Postby SRT8 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am

Lets analyze this...

-Garibaldi- wrote:I'm sorry should i have waited ten minutes for you to come on and down hit me? You did come on 10 minutes after war functions came on with full turns didn't you? You hypocrite. Is there a ten minute grace period no one told me about? Are we supposed to let people who are milking the downtime get away with it?

First off, you're a dumbass. I was in the middle of building. How do you not grasp that. Did you ever wonder why there was a sudden drop in the ranks? Yeah, you are that dumb. Second off, yes it was a cheap shot. You hit me minutes before the war functions came off, and minutes after the war function came back up. And I'm the hypocrite? Hahahahahahahha! You also missed the fact that the game has a messed up clock. Apparently it's based in EST, but was CST, but now back to EST.

You keep calling it a cheap hit, but i don't see how those two uphits are cheap... and how dare you bring up dead people to try and defend you getting your ass whooped in an online texted based game. What a low class piece of shit you are. Seriously is your self image directly linked to your rank on the scrolls? Get a life.

Yes, they are cheap. Yet again you're overlooking the fact that you hit right before the war functions came down. Almost as if you planned it. Oh, but you wouldn't do that, right? :roll: Who whooped whose ass again? Last I checked, your kingdoms are below mine now. :)

Take your lumps like a man, you've been boasting and swinging around your king status like you've never held the rank before, from now on don't go running your mouth talking shit and threatening me or I'll will again show you your place at the bottom...

Who is showing who again? :wink:

First you brag, name call and threaten me, then you downsize all your troops, and then you cry when the guy you threatened smashes you. I can't think of any recent time someone has played with such stupidity.

Who cried? You seriously have a skewered misconception. You took a cheap shot and used the anniversary death of Sartorious to your advantage. Pay your respects, bitch!

If i'm an asshole for taking your land....well i guess i'll keep being an asshole. You go ahead and keep crying about it though, it tickles me pink.

No, you're an asshole for taking a cheap hit, hitting me both times right before and right after the anniversary dates.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm

SRT8 wrote:I pulled a Calis :oops: I hit Fire before declaring. Oh well, guy is probably a newb for holding green troops anyways.

But somebody burnt me yesterday! :evil: You're lucky you don't have many acres, or else there wouldn't be a mistake. :twisted: :twisted:

Was just wondering... Why complain about someone going to war 1 hour before the war screen went down, when you were prepared to start a fresh war only 12 hours earlier, but failed due to the declaration block? Had you suceeded in declaring on Fire, you would not have given the defender the 24 hours they would need to save full turns, before war went off.

I am also wondering how a kingdom can complain about being hit the moment the war screen came back, when they had their kingdom waiting at full turns for the same moment.

There is a high turnrate, and the leaders cannot get a huge land lead and declare fresh wars. It's not as if you cannot fix your kingdom up again in a few days and get back in the fray.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Calis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Kaz wrote:Was just wondering... Why complain about someone going to war 1 hour before the war screen went down, when you were prepared to start a fresh war only 12 hours earlier, but failed due to the declaration block? Had you suceeded in declaring on Fire, you would not have given the defender the 24 hours they would need to save full turns, before war went off.

"Pulling a Calis" (v) : the act of hitting a target three times, then realizing you forgot to declare, followed by an attempt to do so, only to be told your war is "cowardly" and thus being unable to declare on your target because they now have less land than you.

Just a little clarification there, Kaz =)
Diplomacy in guilds is like sex in an elevator.....it looks real easy until you try it.
killing me softly on butterfly wings with a velvet touch and a suicide dream
Calis
Leto's Best

Postby -Garibaldi- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm well aware you were building trying to get the most out of the downtime.. you dropped 400k NW and i was full forted and you were still above... Downsizing your troops and not reforting before the war functions come back up is the definition of stupid. The game does not have a messed up clock, you're an idiot.

Who whooped whose ass again? Last I checked, your kingdoms are below mine now. :)

My kingdoms were below your because someone else hit me. not because of you, you came in after and jumped on board, now one of yours is dead and once i get more turns your other one will be too. If you want i'll keep beating your ass till you say uncle...

As Kaz said, you're a hypocrite. Also you're a douchebag with the forethought of a fruitfly... and now you're gonna be my bitch for the rest of the age. I'd think about using alts :wink: Toodles..
-Garibaldi-
Stablehand

Postby SRT8 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Kaz is an idiot and had to be corrected by Calis. And yes, the game does have a messed up clock for not observing DST. Still doesn't change the fact you hit me a minute after it came back up. Reading comprehension > Your ugly mug here.

How can I "come in and jump on board" when you hit me first? I guess I shouldn't have hit you back. Silly me. Yeah, and I'm the idiot, right. :roll:

No peace, bitch! :twisted:
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby -Garibaldi- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Calis didnt' Correct Kaz, Calis didnt' even say anything that contradicted Kazs' and my point. Kaz was saying you planned to go to war less than 24 hours before the game went down...you planned to hit me as soon as it came back up. That makes you a hypocrite, just because you were again so fucking stupid as to deny your self the ability doesn't mean you didn't plan to.

My point was you didnt' smash shit SRT, someone else did, of course you can retal. The fact is, without someone else hitting me you have no chance.

Who the hell asked for peace? lol
-Garibaldi-
Stablehand

Postby Calis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Actually, SRT8 is right about the game clock.

It is typically Eastern Time, but a week ago for some reason the clock had reverted to CST, an hour earlier. So, 00:00 gametime was now 1:00am EST. But now the clocks rolled an hour back on Saturday, so the gametime is now again EST =)
Diplomacy in guilds is like sex in an elevator.....it looks real easy until you try it.
Calis
Leto's Best

Postby Kwaiq » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm

War functions came back at 00:00 just as they were supposed to. The US daylight savings was unusually long this year, indeed the longest in history. Last week Europes clocks fell back, as I believe US clocks usually would have. That pry explains why the time difference.
Anti-Hero | Your favorite players favorite player
C o m b r i c c o l a ... The original one man band.
Kwaiq
Squire

Postby Kaz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am

Firstly.

I dont appreciate being called an idiot, but as I was called an idiot by a player that proved his own idiocy in the statement, I guess I can let it pass.

The fact that Calis rewrote what I typed and posted the same thing does not mean anything other than Calis misreading what I typed, or Calis wanting to clarify to others and you misreading what Calis typed.

Either way the idiot in this case is not me, I know what the effects of being unable to declare down are, I coded them.

Secondly.

Why the fuck should it matter what time the game says. Just because the clock happens to generally coincide with EST, that does not mean that it should always do so, the clock in the corner is GAME TIME (the time in a fictional fantasy world), not specifically implimented to make the lives of people in a specific timezone easier.

Welcome to the confusion the rest of the world has to deal with when the USA change their clocks at different times to us, and game time becomes +6 hours instead of +5 for a week or so. Get used to the fact that the clock might change, who knows what 'local time' will be when the server moves later this month.

(note for Kwaiq, European clocks change at 0200 on the last sunday in October, USA clocks change at 0200 on the first sunday in November. This apparently has something to do with the USA's Energy Policy Act of 2005, as the USA used to change timezone along with Europe. The game time has been out of sync for a week or so each time England change between BST and GMT since 2007)

The only reason why the change of time would make the blindest bit of difference would be for players waiting online to take 'advantage' of the end of the Fallen Friends day. Therefore the hypocrisy in your 'complaint' is astounding.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Calis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 am

My bad, Kaz. I thought you meant that SRT tried to hit him but couldn't get out of his own declaration bc of the 24 hour rule.
Calis
Leto's Best

Postby Kaxion » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 am

Its hitting just prior to war going down that is taking advantage of it.

Not just after it comes back up.

Prior means the offended party isn't even given opportunity to retaliate without the other person having a day to build and prepare the land taken.

Just after particularly with the turns involved in Duo a player should be more then prepared to hit or defend against a hit as they've been given a days turns to build and prepare with.
Goblyn Famahlee
Sometimes " THE MAJORITY " only means all the fools are on the same side
Bringer of The GIRK!
TDOD!/OSM/RK/WEEC/GOBLINS/MTS/COF/OAFS/GF
Kaxion
Pickpocket

Postby Kaz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 am

Kaxion,

I'd say that hitting just before an automated holiday is 'taking advantage', and hitting before AND after is 'taking full advantage'.

Either way, taking advantage is not breaking any official game rules. Until the screens go down, they are a valid usable screens with valid usable functions.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby SRT8 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Dear Pesh,

You've been fisted. Up to the elbow. Calis sends his best.

Sincerely,
SRT8
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby Calis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Sorry Pesh, but STR8 wanted land and someone else decided to hit me. So I said go ahead, I'm done with Pesh.
Calis
Leto's Best

Postby SRT8 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm at war on all fronts. I don't mess around, kidd! :crazy:

I say - Just Bring It!
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
SRT8
Stablehand

Postby Voice Epsilon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

filling up fast! make a new thread and continue killing and hitting each other.

∀ ε > 0, ∃ δ > 0, s.t. | x - c | < δ => | f(x) - L | < ε
Voice Epsilon
Voice

Previous

Return to Chaos