LQS Build Strategy

Forum for the Solo, Massacre and Last Quad Standing games

Moderators: Voice Tyr, Voice Epsilon

Re: LQS Build Strategy

Postby Torkano » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Grunt wrote:tythe from sythe

I can understand Sidhe's tithe bonus, but to the tune of 10 million? I didn't see any other Sidhe close to that.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Steven » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm

That is because Cash effects NW. Get 9 billion gold and you will have 10million networth.
Steven
Lord of War

Postby Torkano » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Steven wrote:That is because Cash effects NW. Get 9 billion gold and you will have 10million networth.

I also realize that. I know how NW works and what makes it go up or down. I was perhaps thinking someone built a halfways decent kingdom by building other things instead of building income generators on it. Fact is building that kingdom serves no purpose other than to be farmed. I just thought someone put thought into building it and found some kickass strat. Guess not.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Iaido » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:18 am

that was me. i was planning on getting some troops before the end of npp, but did not get there in time and got clobbered. oh well, i guess i will just have to do as much damage as i can from the bottom of the scrolls.

Steven wrote:That is because Cash effects NW. Get 9 billion gold and you will have 10million networth.

acually, it would be 25 billion gold for 10 million nw. my money was around 24.9 billion.

as far as kick ass strategies this has worked good for me:
i have never played LQS before, so idk if this appies, but i'll go ahead and descibe it anyway. in the 1st age of massace i tried lots of wierd strategies, and the one that worked the best was my dwarven sorcerers. not for acually using sorc, but as a defense. for some reason, and i don't know why, but it seems that other races get a higher percentage of backlash when attacking dwarfs, go figure. i would build 10k barrack, 30k temples, get a moderate amount of trooops, and then wait for someone to attack me. this was because i noticed that people would not scout before an attack, they would just start
with a sorc kill based on the fact that someone was dwarf. the instant they attacked, i would go strait to the war screen (no war dec needed cuz they attacked first), and crush their realm in a matter of about 5 to 10 seconds before they ever knew what happend. i would not kill them, just hit them down to the point where they were no longer a threat. then i would get a few more troops and wait for the next sorc attack. most of the time they would not even get 7 sorc attacks off till they
were helplessly bouncing off my temples. the realms i tried this with would get around 20 to 50 million nw before i ran out of
turns, and i would have about 25k to 30k temples left. one time i did this in the evening, then came back in the late morning to find my realm was still standing in 3th palce. when it was finally taken down, i had a hard time trying to restart the realm because the news of the realm's descruction was so freak'n long that my computer ran out of RAM, and my browser locked up for 10 minutes!
Iaido
Stablehand

Postby Torkano » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:54 am

That makes sense. And a great strat for Massacre. Kudos. However, that most likely won't work in LQS since you don't have the large turn cushion to attack and train with. This game is relegated to hourly turns and a turn cap. Massacre you can build for a certain amount of turns and war with the rest of the lump sum. In this game, you'd need barracks to continue warring the age out. With 10k barracks giving only roughly about 7k train rate, you'd fall behind quickly when trying to train max troop cap on a lot of acres. If anything, it most likely will secure a top 20 NW this age.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Previous

Return to Chaos