Joegolfs 3 invasions are timed aPeshly(Joegolf3/Pesh v Andy)

Forum for the Solo, Massacre and Last Quad Standing games

Moderators: Voice Tyr, Voice Epsilon

Joegolfs 3 invasions are timed aPeshly(Joegolf3/Pesh v Andy)

Postby General Andy Icarn » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 pm

This is why I make sure to make war threads, though I don't know if Pesh would have noticed or not it could have saved me being double invaded by two players already larger than me if Joe had made one. I would have made one myself, but I wasn't the invader and for awhile I didn't know how big Joe wanted the war or if he was done with attacks yet.

The Attacks:

Joegolf broke one of mine with one of his and took land with a few hits from two others. I assumed that meant "I'm bigger than you are so come invade me first, and I'm just prodding you for a little land to get you interested".
I had to use actions soon and scouted the 4 kingdoms he had connected and messaged him asking what sort of war he wanted. Didn't get his message until I started counterattacking, but only used 2 full kingdom attacks (including the kingdom he invaded) and an ambush breaker for a single hit to take most of the land off one of his.

Because none of my kingdoms had yet used 500 turns, and because only two of them were the size of his 7 prior to his hit, I was going to message him saying that without attacking a single one of his with several more of mine I wouldn't have any chance to win and for him to take whatever he felt was neccessary and give me peace. I had as yet no elan to use if I burned him and about half as much space for troops as in his kingdoms. Even though his first strike wasn't much of a fullscale invasion it caught me without any cash and the cash I tried to send in was diverted, probably to a pesh dom. It took me a lot of actions just to raise offensive types enough to break his kingdoms.

While counterscouting Joe's kingdoms I decided to check a kingdom that was caught in my land a short while back and while doing so discovered about all pesh's numbers, forted heavy war. Nevertheless there was nothing I could do about it if I wanted to since Pesh was larger and better forted than me at this point anyway and I went ahead with the hit back on Joe.

Now this morning I come in and find many of Pesh's doms invading many of mine. Yet another larger enemy seeking war.

Stats:

Joe's hit
joe1 - 7177 -> 7198 land - attacker
joe2 - 7670 land - allied with attackers
joe3 - 7324 -> 8492 land - attacker
joe4 - 6332 -> 7280 land - attacker
joe5 - 6906
joe6 - 6439
joe7 - 6838

andy1 - 7107 -> 4980 land - defender
andy2 - 6701
andy3 - 5605
andy4 - 5303
andy5 - 5646
andy6 - 5823
andy7 - 3718
andy8 - 5323

my attack:
joe1 - 7198 -> 2865 approximated
andy1 - 4980 -> 9313 approximated
non-fighting kingdoms built and forted for defense or raised desperately needed cash for attackers

pesh's attack:
pesh - 5620 -> ?
pesh - 7371 -> ?
pesh - 7371 -> ?
pesh - 10675
pesh - 6667 -> ?
pesh - 7157 -> ?
pesh - ?
pesh - ?
andy1 - 9313 -> 3778
andy2 - 6709 -> only successfully burned
andy3 - 6745 -> only successfully burned
andy4 - 6414 -> only successfully burned
andy5 - 7135 -> only successfully burned
andy6 - 5823 -> 4689
andy7 - 3718
andy8 - 5323 -> 2133

As you can see the only "big" kingdom I had was halfbuilt off land it just took from joe, and forted like a 5k kingdom desperately trying to get in on offense with no money for refort non-off troops. :evil:
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:43 am

Joe was nice enough to give me peace so I could focus on warring pesh. Two Pesh doms with combined about 14k acres are dead upon retal. Hopefully the large ones that remain won't be able to break mine.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Pesh attacked and took several thousand acres from one of my 7-8k doms. I retalled by burning, sorcing and invading a 12k prince and burning guildhalls on another. My kingdoms are quite a mess considering the lack of money and diversions, their starting at around 5k built, pesh's burning, and my being invaded and invading back causing more open acres.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Attacks from Pesh's top 3 kingdoms continued, and when I finally reached full actions Pesh had 3 big kingdoms with 13k, 13k, and 18k acres. I countered against his vast forts and ground troops by managing to scumkill the 18k dom despite the fact it somehow managed to carry fog with only 2% temples. I didn't realize exactly how ridiculously hard they made it to scumkill people nowadays.

Between Pesh's heavy ground defenses and constant rebuilding of mass forts, my lack of elan from having new kingdoms, and the difficulty of scumkilling now this has been a bloody tough and messy war.

Two top kingdoms remain for Pesh. Only about 1 of mine has yet to be invaded, my pride and joy at 13k with under 7k built.

Interestingly enough I've had some fun "conversations" via scribe with pesh...

Pesh hits me while I'm at war. I attack back killing two of his.

From Grand Duke Judas of A Pesh Angie (1xxxx)
2008-02-11 10:06:08 Reply Delete
nice hit- are we still at war?

From Grand Duke Andy of An Andy Barnie (3xxxx)
2008-02-11 12:03:32 Reply Delete
"nice hit- are we still at war?"

well in addition to the fact you struck me while I was warring joegolf3 I figure any time I see you around or above me I'd better war you, cause otherwise if you end up somehow above everyone you'll be downhitting on us/them all age. Since you still have like at least 3 princes I don't really consider mission accomplished and didn't intend to peace right now.

Neither of us is really winning yet. Usually I war people until there's a victor or there's a good reason to stop warring (like me getting hit by you while I warred joegolf3). Besides in past haven't you sent me all sorta crap via scribe when I came to attack the blue mass with uphits ages ago?

So I'd still consider us at war. If you want peace there should be a pretty good reason. Or eventually a clear victor.

~Andy

2008-02-11 15:10:31 Reply Delete
okay just checking. i like war anyway.

Another Pesh prince is burn/sorc/invaded to death.

2008-02-11 17:10:23 Reply Delete
it's a damn shame

2008-02-11 17:10:36 Reply Delete
however... i just keep coming back

2008-02-11 17:10:44 Reply Delete
give it up

Another Pesh dom falls to scumkill.

I find it amusing how Pesh says he "keeps coming back" as if he's fighting an uphill battle when it's exactly the opposite. As if he's managing to drag me down one by one from my high spot, when it's exactly the opposite. :twisted:
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 pm

From Landgrave Pesh of A Pesh Angie (1xxxx)
2008-02-13 06:59:41 Reply Delete
so this is the level you stoop at?? be a man

sorry...guess I'll go back to letting you downhit me. kill your kingdoms? what was I thinking?
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby Joegolf3 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Now see, I would have just returned this little post thats on every page on my chaos kingdom.

Rules for Turmoil
None yet.

But thats just me........
Everything not nailed down is MINE. Anything I can pry loose, is NOT nailed down.
Joegolf3
Stablehand

Postby General Andy Icarn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:00 am

well I haven't bothered to respond since that one post. not to sound like an arse, but I really didn't know what to say to that other than laughing at it and pointing out the glaring inconsistencies.

as far as scumkilling is concerned, if that's what he's talking about, it's a fairly last ditch tactic against a person with too many war heavy kingdoms. far different imho from trying to stay hidden while killing off a dom, all my kingdoms are well known to pesh.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

pesh warred another of my medium doms down, the one I was using for a 4k scum scummer.

my retal saw pesh's king dead and my kingdom replace it. pesh's leto also joined the deadpile.

incidently another desire of my scumkill paid off, pesh's king hung over 4k scum and went down fairly easy to war. guess he finally got scared of keeping no thieves. :twisted:
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:53 am

This war just drags on and on. I think I've probably got about an average built acreage of 3k per dom, average total acreage of 8-9k per dom. I guess starting at 5k per dom didn't help. Having to ds cause I've got doms with 11k acres and 660 train rate :evil:

I'm noticing Goblins are not great for this sort of fighting. Trolls seem to be horrid for defense so I'm trying kobs which take ages to train, especially with a sub 1k train rate.

Seems like I haven't accrued any elan in days either, not that I was making much to start with.

I figured Pesh was making a bunch of restarts, but I didn't bother tracking them down because I was busy enough with the doms he had left, but before I could kill the last one he brought in another six numbers again and stomped at least one or two of my midrange doms. edit: I managed to catch one of mine at 22/hit and offered it up again to hold his 5 war decs in place.

I retalled tonight killing two 8k kingdoms and bringing a 3k to 67/hit. He's got a couple in the 10-20k acres range, everything else seems to be probably 8k or below. I've still got a 20k and 17k but they've got hardly a thing built and are elves with no elan or temples.

Killcount of Pesh kingdoms: 8
Dead Andy doms: 0
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby poptart574281 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:47 am

Wow Andy I cant believe you are still around after all these years. You might not remember me but we played together in outcast back when I was a member of BA and then I jumped over to MOP but always fighting for Barnabas!
poptart574281
Stablehand

Postby poptart574281 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 am

Joegolf I remember you as well. Although i cant remember if we ever collaborated I do remember the name. Give me credit.LOL
poptart574281
Stablehand

Postby General Andy Icarn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm here some times and gone other times. I remember you man, hope you're here to play. As of today I've got one PL'ish kingdom in the top ranks and that's near it for Barnie with the next one at rank 20.

Well, one of my two remaining large kingdoms got invaded by 5 Leto kingdoms that seem to belong to another player, and about 90 minutes later a bunch of Pesh kingdoms killed it off. I had a chance before to finish those last two big Pesh doms, but at this point with just one mostly open large kingdom, several kingdoms with under 1k built, no elan, and possibly another player who I'll have to stave off I think I'm going to ask Pesh for peace. Either way I couldn't do much more.

It's been a great great war, but in the past 2 days alone I've seen (edit: 15 numbers I notice, might have missed some) in my kingdoms and I am pretty well spent. This started defending myself against Joe and Pesh and now it will end against Pesh and some Leto newcomer.

edit: I do think it's pretty lame of this new guy to hit someone at war who has their own leadername in their kingdom. Or even if they didn't scout it was one of the two remaining high worth Barnie kingdoms so the chances of a good retal or war coming out of it were slim. Seem to be just a shameless landgrab. What happened to guts? What happened to all this stuff about how awesome players were in Turmoil/Chaos when I came over from Outcast?
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Re: Joegolfs 3 invasions are timed aPeshly(Joegolf3/Pesh v Andy)

Postby Joegolf3 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Nice to see your name again as well Poptart, I've been gone quite a while and I am sad to see the numbers so low now. I remember the days with 1200+ kingdoms in outcast. Those where the fun days. :superevil: :)
Everything not nailed down is MINE. Anything I can pry loose, is NOT nailed down.
Joegolf3
Stablehand

Return to Chaos