turmoil - we get all the special cases

Forum for the Solo, Massacre and Last Quad Standing games

Moderators: Voice Tyr, Voice Epsilon

turmoil - we get all the special cases

Postby General Andy Icarn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Here's what's happened:

Leadername "Bloated Tick", of a Leto dom, attacks what looks like every top Barnie. Fails miserably on all attacks. A counterscout shows it has 500 forts and close to if not no other troops (as I recall, don't have scout with me). For those keeping track that's 10-11 times as much expenses as income.

I figure he's maybe an Angie (to get people mad at the opposite faith when attacking with a Leto) or maybe a Leto (to be able to check on both enemy faiths with only one dom), who's taking scroll reads when people come online and check news. Then because of the bug in worth he can tell what kingdoms belong to who if he's watching the scrolls. And there's no way to stop it other than not check your news, which pretty much nobody's going to do.

If this is the case is it bug abuse or do you think it's just a player being smart and crafty?

I get this message in one of my kingdoms but in no others...

"quit scumming me"

to which I respond...

" attacking all kingdoms to watch for their worth to rise due to the news glitch is bug abuse. stop doing it. and you know damned well none of my kingdoms have scummed you, but here have this kingdom's leadername if you're afraid to scout for it."

since I think it's fairly common knowledge that I very rarely even scout out of war let alone scum random people for no reason. He writes back...

" what the hell are you talking about? and that's funny- you are the only one who has enough thieves to get through. stop"

1. you are carrying no thieves, anyone has enough to get through you.
2. if you've never scouted me then how do you know how many thieves I have? in actuality I have very few most of the time.

Then I get burned 10 minutes after he sends me the second message.

Look whatever Angie or Leto is responsible for this kingdom just stop please. Nobody buys that you're an idiot noob who just happens to also be able to fluff 10x your income on forts. This sorta crap is bad enough, but pretending to be someone else in your messages is even worse.

I won't be attacking this kingdom with 3-4 of mine to give you numbers you could get just by scouting for my ldname no matter how many forts it carries either. Scout me, it isn't that hard and I'm not a very paranoid player. And burning 27 markets a pop isn't worth the time trust me.

Why must people like this exist? I hope this person doesn't belong to one of the top Angies or Letos around me. *sigh*

Thoughts?
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby I]\/[mortality » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:40 pm

are you sure that isn't pesh :lol:
Retired
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 pm

oh I hope he's still around. he's so much fun to prod.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby Joegolf3 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:53 pm

He doesn't have EVERY barnie up there

and in fact, I know he has at least one other faith.
Everything not nailed down is MINE. Anything I can pry loose, is NOT nailed down.
Joegolf3
Stablehand

Postby I]\/[mortality » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:00 pm

was that you :twisted: :lol:
Retired
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:23 pm

He doesn't have EVERY barnie up there

and in fact, I know he has at least one other faith.

if you're talking about me all I said was it looked like the guy was attacking all top barnie doms since the kingdoms that were hit of mine were the higher ones I had. I made the dumb decision of coming out of protection at different times, which in a game with like 6 people playing really doesn't make you any harder to track after all and just slows ya down, so my doms aren't in great shape, though with so few people in the game...

and I have all barnie so far, though it might be good for me to restart a heathen to check troop strengths now since they aren't posted. :oops:
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby I]\/[mortality » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:38 pm

i dont think you can attack yourself andy :P
Retired
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:09 pm

you're just my very own special bringer of joyful news aren't you? :evil:

no posted troop strengths.

can't hit yourself.

next you're going to tell me Joegolf3 is attacking me?

oh sh*t he is!
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby I]\/[mortality » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:10 pm

General Andy Icarn wrote:you're just my very own special bringer of joyful news aren't you? :evil:

no posted troop strengths.

can't hit yourself.

next you're going to tell me Joegolf3 is attacking me?

oh sh*t he is!

that does not mean i can't tell you what i know ;)
Retired
I]\/[mortality
Journeyman

Return to Chaos