Welcome to Covenant (OOC, Rules, Q&A thread)

- Archive Forum for Old Games.
(Calam, Speed, Christmas, Debacle, etc.)

Postby Faolan » Mon May 22, 2006 12:54 am

covie was reset....

so you had to make a new kingdom
"At what point, then, is the approach of the penis to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from behind." ~Nagash
Heaven help that man....
Faolan
Stablehand

Postby Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 5:23 pm

I've been looking around in hopes of finding rules somewhere on the board, regarding RP, and can't seem to locat anything.

(I'm not technically new, but it HAS been almost four years since I played, if memory serves.)

Postby Bengalgod » Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 pm

Strange, I could have sworn I was logged in.

Can anyone point me toward the rules, accepted guidelines, ect. for roleplaying here?
Bengalgod
Stablehand

Postby Bengalgod » Tue May 23, 2006 6:54 pm

Of course, the worst part is that somehow I read the first section of this thread three times, and completely failed to notice that what I was looking for what right there in plain sight until just now.

I suppose I was expecting more rules than that.
Bengalgod
Stablehand

Postby Sunblade » Wed May 24, 2006 6:50 am

There aren't many rules - basically if you can write more than a sentence of prose, and you don't godmode other people's characters, it's fine. In the past people have complained about minimum post lengths and so on, so we did away with them.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed May 24, 2006 7:57 am

Also, I believe that any (attempt to) RP is worth it.
It's how the best of RPers started: just write something and see what happens.

And whether you're good at it or not, come and RP with us and have some fun!!
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Masta » Thu May 25, 2006 2:13 am

Bengalgod:

I am glad you are interested in RP, and I would be very happy to assist in answering any questions you have regarding RP posting. My ICQ is 283-300-241, my aim is TappaK3G, and if you need to contact me on any other messenger just say so. I've got them all, I just never use them unless someone tells me to.

Anyways, I like to think people enjoy reading my work, so I think I could be a help to you. Here is the most recent thread I have opened.
http://www.evernight.com/boards/canon/v ... hp?t=25909

If you would like to start out posting there with the EOD guys, just contact me and I'll fill you in on some of the story and help you break into the storyline with your character.

Also, EOD is always open to new members who have an interest in RP. If you are looking to RP post on a regular basis this age, I would have to say that EOD is your best option for a guild.

But if you are already happily guilded, you may of course still post in our threads, as long as you contact me first. Heathens have to ask permission hehe. But it will almost always be granted :)

Oh and one last thing, if anyone else out there would like some help working on their RP, please contact me. I am more than willing to help anyone in that area.
Masta
Since 1998
SOLO SNK
Forgive me, For I am WEEC
Masta
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 am

That was one long OOC in the post by Ross. O.o
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Sunblade » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:53 pm

I've edited the original post to include a rule regarding the length and nature of OOC comments in roleplaying threads. Any posts violating this rule will be edited. Please work out OOC aggression over ICQ, AIM etc rather than disrupting roleplay threads.
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm

He did send me some profanity-loaded scribes. But thanks =P
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Dyvim Tvar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Such aggression, I think somebody just needs a hug;-p
Eddie Kim sends his regards, motherfucker!
WhY so SeriOUs?
FOXHOUND - It'll make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur, just like me!
Dyvim Tvar
International Superstar

Postby Ahron » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:16 pm

Ok, new returned player here so I kind of know whats going on, but maybe you can sort me out a bit. My covenant kingdom has been up only 3 or 4 days and I'm getting no turns. First thought is that I missed a deadline for posting in TB and am recieving in-game repercussions.

Is this so or is it a global event I'm not aware of?

Plus I cannot find the thread to tell me how to configure my firewall to let me see Canon when I play so, being the devotee that I am, I disable it. This makes me slightly uncomfortable so if someone could point me in the right direction please, that would be nice.

Is this even the right thread to voice these concerns in? Suddenly I feel so little and lost...

Thanks
Ahron
Stablehand

Postby Dark Horse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Are you stuck on 0 turns? Or on 130? Cause you can't get more than 130... I know that question seems dumb.
~KHRYSTLE'S~
Just another second-tier GM!
It's a lie. A kiss with open eyes, And she's not breathing back.... Anything but bother me.
(It takes my pain away)Nevermind these are hurried times. Oh oh oh. I can't let it bother me.
Dark Horse
Pickpocket

Postby Ahron » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm

Hmm, seems I've been laboring under the false impression that there are no dumb questions :? ... ah well.

I see where you're going so here's the in-depth skinny. I created the realm friday night, but didn't play right away. Saturday I played 130 turns, logged back in Sunday (not quite 24hrs) and saw only 17 turns. I assumed the turn rate was a snails pace so I grabbed the 5 freebie turns and logged out. Logged back in today 5pm cst and I still only had 22 turns, so I grabbed the freebies again (yes yes I voted) and logged out with 27 turns. And now as of 22:43:36 EDT server time (assuming it's the same timestamp for everybody) and I still just have 27 turns, but with an additional notice about the Guilds reset (in the Covenant game)?

And that's where I stand. I do want to play and I love to RP so why doesn't the game like me? I'm distraught... but perhaps I just assume too much.

Frozen in time, I await mercy from the gods.
Ahron
Stablehand

Postby Sunblade » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:39 am

Ahron - welcome back :)

Drop me a PM with your account name and kingdom number, and I'll look into it straight away.
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby _Nagash_ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:16 am

Also, sometimes turns don't show up yet when you log back in. Try spending one (or just clicking "build" in township without entering anything) and see what happens. Might work wonders :)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Ahron » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:47 pm

Looking at it today I've got a full complement of turns so I suppose it's working. I'll remember the advice though.

Any word on how to configure my firewall? It's not blocking the site in the lists at all so from there I'm stumped, IT not being my strong suit. I'm running Norton 2003 for clarification.
Ahron
Stablehand

Postby Ross » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:05 pm

sunblade edits people too much, you basicly are turning people away from ic. such as myself.
Ross
Stablehand

Postby Elfie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:51 pm

Ross ,Sunblade is just doing his job. There has always been rules about the length of your OOC posts in your RP. Those rules have been like that eversince Evernight came online.
~TRC~
Elfie
Pickpocket

Postby ross( » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:00 am

does his job to every last period. its annoying with no leway
ross(

Postby Dyvim Tvar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:11 am

Complaining about it in public is unbecoming, do you not think a PM or some other form of private communication over this would be a more mature way of handling it?
Just a thought, of course.
Eddie Kim sends his regards, motherfucker!
WhY so SeriOUs?
FOXHOUND - It'll make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur, just like me!
Dyvim Tvar
International Superstar

Postby Sunblade » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:15 am

I removed a part of your post which contained terms like networth, turns, game, downhit, etc. These are OOC terms with no context whatsoever in roleplay.

Translate those into IC terminology and you have no problem. Copying scribes from your kingdom to TB without making the effort to make them appear as though they're IC letters is not roleplaying.

Ahron, you need to add evernight.com to your list of trusted sites. I'll see if I can find the post with instructions, and will link it here for you.
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

yes

Postby EoD is Neat! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm

our king steps foot on land today
EoD is Neat!

Postby Jyllian di Moonstone » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 pm

one could think of many names, or many difinitions.

But neat isnt one that would come to mind -nods-
--=(Jyllian Di Moonstone ~ Griffinsbane)=--
¤-The Warlord-¤
Little Devil of TBL~ Fervent~FOUL you say ?

Jyllian di Moonstone
Peasant

Postby *Kain* » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:14 pm

Ross wrote:sunblade edits people too much, you basicly are turning people away from ic. such as myself.

I have never heard anyone complaining about him editing too much. I think you just actually need to see the difference between IC, and OOC.
The Enchanted Warriors~ GM
Discord is everlasting~DIE~Darkness is Eternal
SW~TDoD~WHAM~FOUL~SAO
*Kain*
Squire

PreviousNext

Return to Old Games Archive