Questions, Comments, Concerns (OOC)

- Archive Forum for Old Games.
(Calam, Speed, Christmas, Debacle, etc.)

Postby General Andy Icarn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:06 pm

Nobody would have even thought about looting a kingdom of 300 million unless they had planned a war with them, or were so powerful nobody could touch them with warrior, scum or sorc, but this is NOT what is happening here.. all they need to do is silence the scum and they are safe in their comfortable war.

Well comfortable war is right for the attacker, but given the way things are now with 175 turncap and no fog it's going not a comfortable war for anyone but the attacker.

One problem with the Stryfe thing is some of us rely on going constantly from war to war to survive. In a game like this being able to jump from war to war quickly is even more important due to the first strike ability. There has to be a better way of directly getting at abuse of war declare.

How about if one side doesn't use ANY action but fog for a period of time peace is automatically declared? That way if the person is still defending themselves trying to refort forts, etc and the attacker is trying to break them they stay at war in the war declare, but if the person admits defeat and uses only fog the attacker eventually can get some land and the war declare will ultimately drop off regardless of whether the attackers keeps attacking. If this happened the attacker would have to be forced not to redeclare on the same target for a certain period of time.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:20 am

One problem with the Stryfe thing is some of us rely on going constantly from war to war to survive. In a game like this being able to jump from war to war quickly is even more important due to the first strike ability. There has to be a better way of directly getting at abuse of war declare.

There is no great ability here. Going from war to war means you attack, decimate, and sit at war till your ready to attack again. Nobody is ever going to win this game unless the declarations do NOT protect ya... or, ya get say 1 day of declaration (24 hours) and some time in the next 24 hours the game undeclares ya....no idea when.... so it is easily possible you would be undeclared for 8 hours or so if it happenes to be while your sleeping or something. It would take some planning to hit and be ready to defend or hit again in 24 + hours. Those that hit down could be taught a lesson if someone wanted to sit up all night and get them when the game undeclares them :P
Ah yeah it would be a good idea if the game put a time on the declarations.. 12:01 am is a long time away from 11:59 pm.

Postby General Andy Icarn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:26 am

There is no great ability here. Going from war to war means you attack, decimate, and sit at war till your ready to attack again.

not neccessarily great ability, but it is very effective at a cost. I don't spend more than 1 turnset building after I stop attacking. I don't think there's a person in solo or calam or evernight that would say 1 turnset of building after a victorious war is not fair.

as for the problem of sitting at war til you are built I would think this would fix that problem. it would allow the defender to admit defeat and end the war in a period of time while still allowing the attacker to take land, since the defender couldn't just keep reforting or the timer would reset. the allowance of fog would ensure the defender wasn't totally wiped out to no land left.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby Ferlinc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:57 pm

Right now if you have zero networth you are ranked by kingdom number so Forets are generally landgraves and Isonians dukes and so on.

Was wondering if next game it would be possible to rank them by the order they went down, so if you were killed first you'd be on the very bottom and more recent kills on the top.
Covenant
Where the game becomes the story...
...and the story becomes the game.

rabid
Ferlinc
Journeyman

Postby Murdock Pryor » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:03 pm

Ferlinc wrote:Was wondering if next game it would be possible to rank them by the order they went down, so if you were killed first you'd be on the very bottom and more recent kills on the top.

I like the idea I think I went down as the 57th left, not sure but last I checked the rankings that's where I would have been standing if I would have been killed at the time. I'd be nice to see who ended up where at the end of it all though.
Acolyte of Pain
Sanctum Officum/Black Dogs
The Golden Hordes Dragon Knight Beserker
Murdock Pryor
Peasant

Previous

Return to Old Games Archive