Pelacio- Open

- Maxim Archive.

Pelacio- Open

Postby Brighid » Mon May 10, 2004 12:46 am

The city made for an interesting place. The hustle, and bustle and anonymity made it a place that attracted not only those who craved a busier lifestyle, and quite possibly a higher wage, but it also attracted those unsavory characters that lurk within the shadows, and have no desire to know you personally.

This city in particular was no stranger to the hazards of putting together a group of people who know virtually nothing about one another, nor do they care to. All told though, this place was of a list of more quiet cities that one could reside in. It's own reputation held those with less desirable thoughts at bay, for they feared just what it may be that kept those like themselves on the outside. "The darkness fears the light, Brighid," the young woman's father always told her. Something inside this young woman always wanted to reply to him with, "The darkness fears the black, Papa."

Brighid was a very perceptive young lady, and had been for most of her life. There was always something here that sent chills up a spine that carried the frame of a petite, fair skinned, and well kept girl. She was quiet, and could almost always be seen carrying around a book, or with her nose stuffed in said literature. The people here were friendly enough, and the lives they led seemed more than normal and ordinary, but there were things that bothered this young lady. For instance, why didn't anyone who left the city ever come back? Books were written about 'Home comings" at least for holidays. Not here though, and not only that, but no-one here ever had out of town guests. People didn't just wander into Pelacio, and squat on an open peice of land somewhere. There was only one hotel in town, and guests rarely ever stayed for a second night. Should a woman her age know every single person who resided in a city this size?

It all struck this girl quite unusual, but then again, she had only read about other places, and had never left the borders of the city, so all she had to go on was that nagging suspicion that things weren't quite right here.

~~~~~~~~~~

Shadows formed and circled around the two young men as the rum-dumb stupor they were in quickly wore off. There was no sounds of footsteps on the cobblestone streets that lay beneath them, nor was there the sound of a carriage nearby, nor a dog barking somewhere in the distance; the silence was deafening. The odor that had soddenly assaulted their senses was equally distressing as the two glared wide eyed into the darkness, and the even darker blackness that surrounded them, and grew ever-closer.

Young soldiers with the world at their toes, and traveling on the devils doorstep rarely have any clue that this night, this moment, these precious minutes will be the last they ever have. As was the case with these two, who in all of their cockiness, assumed they could fight that which was about to devour them. The blows came swiftly, and the pain lingered only long enough to let them know that there were things about them that a sword could not fend off.

By morning there would be nothing left.

No, by morning the sun would rise, and birds would chirp, flowers would bloom, and there would never be another mention of the two young soldiers that left town so suddenly the night before that they left their bags behind. Their armies would no-doubt declare them missing in action, and families would live with that nagging uncertainty that begged for news of their dead bodies being found, and all while still praying for the best.
Brighid
Stablehand

Postby Sobek » Mon May 10, 2004 8:38 pm

The council wasn't happy. When the council wasn't happy, Sobek took a trip. When Sobek took a trip, Sobek wasn't happy. "Mongrels" he mutter from beneath his breath as he regretted leaving the security of his pack behind to go try to save a bloodline that quite obviously didn't want to be saved. This affected all of them though, for if the army of Isonia truly did conduct their investigation of Pelacio as rumor held it would, then the entire race could be in jeopardy of being found out. Truth be known, this aging man held allot of respect for the bloodline in Pelacio, for they not only managed to integrate with the humans, but had also dominated them.

The wars. The blasted wars over Gods that Sobek didn't even care about had driven back their way of life to the point of having to hide most of the time. All of them that is, except for those in Pelacio. It did seem now that their beautifully orchestrated position was about to take a turn, and they needed to know about it. Not only did they need to know about it, but Sobek was here to ensure they acted upon it. Something, he imagined, was going to land him dead before it was all said and done.

It had rained recently, and the road to Pelacio was littered with puddles of water and mud, and for this he was grateful. It held the heat at bay for one, and it also washed away part or all of the scents of the travelers that had taken this raod over the last few weeks. Scents that could make a man like him mad trying to decipher and differentiate. But, what was that? He stuck his nose into the wind and picked up the scent of a week one. Elderly perhaps. The man was a good day or longer out of Pelacio, and he would need to eat, though these were unusual circumstances for him, for he was accustomed to hunting in a pack.

His senses picked up yet another scent, and this one was of a group. They were moving quicker, and before long he could hear the clanging of chain-mail approaching him. He nodded and bowed his head, careful not to make eye contact with the men, as they marched right on past him. 'Stupidity' he thought as he walked on forward. In the presence of a being that could kill them all if he wanted to, and they never even gave him a second glance. Killing them all right now would be too risky; it wasn't that he feared their numbers could overpower him, it was the fear that one would run, and be well on his way to telling the tale before Sobek could catch up with him. No, there was more appropriate game up ahead.

As the elderly woman moved closer, he could smell the change in her emotion; she was suddenly afraid, and this merely drove his lust even further, for the need to put her out of her misery seemed to drive him. 'Blind' he deduced after catching a glimpse of her. This explained her sudden fear, and he knew that she probably didn't even know what she was afraid of, though her heightened senses told her she certainly should be.

As the elderly woman got closer, the man spoke, "Beautiful day." he breathed in her direction. She didn't respond, only tried to move her legs a little bit faster. There was another unit approaching, so time was of the essence, as was the secrecy. Sobek doubled back, ducked into the bushes lining the road, and stripped himself of his clothing. It was mere seconds before the big black wolf emerged from the overgrowth, and even fewer seconds before he took down the old woman. Going for the throat first, to prevent any type of noise, he drug her off into a well covered area. Stupid humans would never smell the blood, and that which they couldn't see never existed to them.
Sobek
Stablehand

Postby Brighid » Mon May 10, 2004 9:35 pm

OOC: Feel free to take on the persona of the charactors mentioned in my posts, and make them an alt of yours./OOC

There was a city meeting that evening, and Brighid was there, as always. Her father was the city council leader, and it bored this young woman to tears. Little did she know that this night would be different as her head bobbed slightly while she nodded off. Waking to her mother prodding her, as was the case most months during these things, Brighid pondered how much longer she would be held onto so tightly by her parents. Woman in the books she read were already married and had families of their own by the time they were her age, and all while she was treated like a child. It was infuriating most of the time, and a comfort very few other times.

"I got another letter from some army General last week about some missing soldiers." Brighid cocked a brow, and listened more intently as her father paused in his response to the outburst from the crowd. He seemed nervous as his eyes glanced about the room, and then let out a courtesy chuckle. "That military can never keep track of their men." laughter overcame the room, and as Brighid glanced around, she noticed that the man who had spoke wasn't laughing. Jackson ran the only Inn in the city, and this is where the majority of messages were taken for delivery within the city. "This is different, Russel." he pleaded as the voices began to die down. "I gave them the standard reply, and just this afternoon I received yet another letter from them requesting lodging for 25 men while they investigated the dissapearances. The room fell silent, and Brighid sat forward in her chair. "I don't even think I have room for..."

Jackson didn't even have a chance to finish his thought before old man Mason stood and threw his hat to the floor. "That's ludicrous! 25 of those blasted soldiers invading our city!" shouts could be heard form the crowd, and Brighid's father, ever the diplomat, managed to calm them down. "Now now George, there's no need to get all upset. I've kept our home a safe heaven from the wars this long, havn't I?" From her spot in the back, Brighid could see the beads of perspiration forming on her father's brow as he spoke. "There must be a logical solution to all of this. Jackson, did they say what exactly they wanted with us?" "No, just that they would be investigating the disappearance of two of their Sergeants who were last known to be heading for Pelacio."

A low rumble echoed from the crowd as whispers of higher ups in the army disappearing rang from all around her. The young woman leaned over to her mother, "what does that mean?" Her mother just shhh'd her away and scowled as she stared out into the crowd. "Jackson, send messenger first thing in the morning telling the General that there is no lodging to accommodate that many in Pelacio, and that the head of the city council has denied their request." Russel beamed, for he surely had the power over the happenings of his city, and he said the army wasn't coming here, then they weren't. Problem was solved.
Brighid
Stablehand

Postby Gardeen » Mon May 10, 2004 11:51 pm

"So that's the long and the short of it," seethed the paranoid blue-blood.

The outfit he wore was a mockery and an irony - he had no place in the army to begin with, it seemed to me. But then, I'm one to talk - I've never been one to be as people told me I should, you know. I've outlived them all, after all, so the sageness of their council appears to be rather limited. No matter.

"Think you can handle it?"

I stood still and looked him over, milling over the task he had for me. "Think? A handful of soldiers, a few corrupt officers, political maneuvering, uncooperative officials, things that go bumpty-bump in the nighty-night in such a small town of so little general import...your memory has not failed you as to the things I've done for you in the past, has it?"

Suddenly he wasn't so willing to let his anger at others effect how he spoke to me. "No no, of course not. Pardon me - I just mean, would such a task be to small of someone so great..."

"Haha, condescension now? Do my ears deceive me?"

"No, really, I..."

So I laughed at him. Laughed right in his face - I couldn't care less about his reputation, nor that I was in the depths of a fortress with legions of guards guarding any and every way out. "It is so cruel to tease you at such a time, isn't it?"

Aren't you the brave one?

Hahaha, such a shameless flatterer, aren't you? Mmm...this is such excellent wine...oh, now where was I.

"I'll take care of your little situation."

"Please, secrecy is of the utmost importance. No one can know..."

"I've hardly a reputation for a loose tongue. You needn't worry about me; about your cohorts and such, I wouldn't know. As such, we'll just keep this little arrangement between us."

"Of course! So you'll take it then - wonderful! I have your advance right here, plus a little extra spending coin for you to make your trip a little more interesting. As if you ever need any help there, eh? Haha - oh, and I've just got in some very interesting additions to my armory, should you care to..."

And I just turned around and started walking away, mid-sentence.

Hehehe, my hero.

She does so love to flatter me. And my, how she does so love to touch herself as she listens. Mmm...how it makes me so very...hungry...

Well, you know me.

Oh, not yet...but just because you haven't given me the chance.

"I'll see if anything interests me. I'm going to make a little visit to your cellar, then I'll be on my way."

And you just walked out?

Naturally.

She moans so ecstatically, dragging her fingernails across her maroon corset, so tight around her more than ample bosom.Ooo...you're really something else. And so trusting...that's very sexy. Now, how about we use our tongues for other...even more exciting things, hm?

Yes...I let the sounds leak from my lips as I run my hand across the hilt hidden in my chest armor, moaning as my fingertips run down the blade of delightfully cold, cruel, contorted dagger...I certainly am something else...

Now - shall we play?
Gardeen
Stablehand

Postby Maylor » Thu May 13, 2004 9:13 am

Maylor was ordered to go in the direction of Pelacio to look for the soldiers. Or at least some clues that would help explain why they were missing.

Thinking to himself...Great! Supposed to be fighting a war and I have to take a break to play investigator. I'd better be getting pai for this. Not even some company to go with me. Hell, they probably deserted. I don't blame them if they did. I certainly have thoughts about doing such a thing. I keep getting these shitty assignments and having to do them alone. Am I a soldier or an errand boy. I am one of the best that bastard has in his unit. You'd think he'd use my talents.

Maylor kept walking along the road. He was surrounded by trees with not a sign of anyone. He couldn't even hear any animals. This was a little eerie to him. He started to jog in hopes of getting closer to Pelacio since it was getting dark. Maylor gripped his blade tight just incase he'd have to use it on an encroaching bear or wild cat. As he jogged he noticed something gleam in the setting sunlight which made its way through the trees. He picked it up and noticed it was a standard issue daggar used in the army. He looked around some more for any other traces and yet found none.

If they were murdered, you'd think there would be some blood but there is none. I'm beginning to think my hunch is right. They deserted.

Maylor put the daggar in his belt and returned to a fast paced jog.
Foundation
Maylor
Stablehand

Postby Brighid » Sat May 15, 2004 9:41 pm

The growling seemed to be nearing, and she half expected to see some horrible beast behind each tree she walked past. Alone. She was alone in a thick wooded area, and the young woman didn't know how she'd get home. She didn't know how to get home. Her mouth opened to cry out for help, but nothing came out. They were muffling her somehow, and all the noise she could muster was the sound of her heavy panicked breathing.

That's when she saw them.

They were all completely covered in hair. Gray hair, but they weren't dogs, or wolves, for their faces showed expression like you or I would. They stood upright, and there must've been at least five of them standing before her. Backing up slowly, she kept her eyes on theirs, and then without warning, she spun around and started to run. Her feet wouldn't move her across the ground, and the growling was immediately behind her.

Brighid awoke in a puddle of sweat, and a chill overtook her rigid body. Sitting straight up in her bed, she again tried that scream, and this time... Well, this time it rocked the walls of their little home. Panting and gasping for air, the young woman glanced around the darkness surrounding her. Light, she needed light, but was to frightened to get out of bed, and light the lantern on the stand across the room. Her small framed body began to tremble as she pulled the blanket up around her throat, and she wasn't sure if it was fear or the intense cold she was feeling.

"Momma!" she managed to choke out, but there was no response, which only frightened her even more. 'Be brave, Brighid,' she told herself as she sprung out of the bed, and ran for the lantern. Trembling fingers turned the wick up and struck a stick on the neighboring flint to get it lit. The warm glow of the lantern set her somewhat at ease, but her fingers still trembled as she placed the shade back on it. "Momma?" she whispered and padded out of her room.

Making her way to the room her parents shared, Brighid found it empty. The bed wasn't even mussed. Eyes that seemed to grow larger glanced around the room for any sign of them, or whatever may have taken them. Panic overtook the long sheltered woman and she ran outside of their little home. Bare feet padded across the well kept grass, and then out towards the grazing pasture where she caught a glimpse of flickering light.
Brighid
Stablehand

Postby Sobek » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:01 pm

Wolven form was the most comfortable for him to be in. He felt so... exposed as a human. Week, and unable to defend himself was not something the man relished. He had often pondered how this weeker race of beings had made it so far in this, the harshest of all worlds. Their reasoning, and their thumbs had abled them to forge weapons, and without them, they sat at the bottom of the food chain. Ego's rose them up above, but only in their own minds; they brag about being at the top of all races, and they saunter around as though they own the world, and they go on aobut their daily lives without a clue of how week, and blatently dumb they truelly are.

They let their sences go by the wayside... They hear only what they want to hear, and smell only what they perceive to be their common threats, such as smoke. They don't even know what their enemy smells like, and one could hunt them for days without them even knowing anything was wrong. Yes, it was baffling to Sobek that this creature had made it this far.

There was a pack meeting, and the black wolf sat crouched in the underbrush listening to them, and nearly choked at the way this particular group had allowed their ego's to take them to a level of comfort and denial that he'd never previously seen in his own race. They knew of the threat, and yet they talked about it like they'd handle it much like they'd handled everything they'd experienced thus far, here in their comfortable little world where the humans do their bidding for them.

Russel, their leader broke the manotony, and finally Sobek heard the first sensible thing from the pack. "Who... Who was it that found it necessary to feed on those that would be missed.?" The pack fell silent, and they all glanced around at one another. There were no words this night, you understand. For a pack in wolven form as they were tonight, could comunicate without them. There was body language, simbolism, and and the ability to comune within their own minds. Sobek didn't pick up everything they comunicated, but he could hear enough, and not hear enough to know that no-one in this group tonight had done the killings.
Sobek
Stablehand

Postby Brighid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:31 pm

Figuring that something must have happened to one of the animals, pulling her parents out into the feilds to care for it, Brighid slipped on her boots, and made her way through the gate into the paddock. Her eyes remained downward as her eyes adjusted, and guided her around the holes in the ground.

As the flicker of light drew nearer, she could see that there was a pretty big fire out there, and several people gathered around it. 'How... odd' she thought as her brows furrowed, and she tried to get a better look. Brighid gasped once she got closer, for she saw that the people there weren't normal people at all, and the young woman considered the possiblity that she was still dreaming, for these creatures looked just as those she'd seen in her nightmare.

Her feet wouldnt take her any closer, and she could feel her knees growing week. So week, that she knew they wouldn't carry her out of here until she gathered her wits about her and, swallowed the intense fear she was feeling. Her heart thumped so hard that she could hear it in her own ears... It was an internal sound, and only intensified the fear she felt. Eyes dropped shut, and when they opened, she looked back down to the ground, which is where she saw the large brown lump, almost directly in front of her feet.

No sooner did she see it, then it leaped up straight toward her face. The young woman screamed, and turned to run. Every breath she took hissed within her ears amidst the loud thumping of her heart. It had now become a sound that she welcomed for it let her know that she was indeed still alive. The creature on her heels didn't make a sound as it easily kept up with her, and remained directly behind her. It was as though it was playing with her, toying with her fear, and maybe even feading off of it.

Suddenly there was a loud growl, and a sharp bark. Brighid glanced over her shoulder, only to find that the creature no longer was with her. The young woman stopped and turned to watch in horrow as one of the grey wolves ripped the throat right out of the brown haired animal that had chased her... Played with her. Soon there were many more of the grey animals gathered around the brown one, which had now quit moving. Two of them turned and looked directly into her eyes, and once agian the loud thump, thump, thump banged within her head.

Brighid turned to run once more, but fell into one of the holes she'd so gingery dodged on her way out here. A scream escaped her lips once more and she scrambled to her feet, and once more found herself running. Trembling fingers fumbled with the gate for what felt like forever before she finally got it open, and was able to run into the house. From within the confines of her home, she could hear the creatures howling, and she imagined they were celebrating their kill, but still wondered why it was that they didn't come after her. Tears streeked her face as she made a futile attempt at catching her breath before she finally gave up that battle, and collapsed into a heap on the hardwood floor of their dining room.

~~~~~~

"She is only three months away from initiation." One of the wolves spoke to Russel's mind in a tone that could only be described as harsh. "Why does she not yet know of her heritage... of her blood?" Brighid's mother emerged from within the pack, back in human form, and completely naked, "Her father thought it best to protect her for as long as possible." Her words hissed, and she pulled a robe around her body... "Perhapts he is ashamed of his own blood... Perhapts he desired life with the humans." No sooner were the words spoken, when the woman headed for the hosue, not waiting for a responce... from any of them.

"That's not important now," Russel changed the subject, and he hoped, the fury off of him, to discuss where this foreighn brown wolf had come from, how many more there may be, and the chance that these strangers were the ones that had drawn so much attention to their perfect little world.
Brighid
Stablehand

Postby Sobek » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:06 pm

His sleep at the Inn was restless to put it mildly, and the wolf hybrid awoke early. Too early to really go out and do anything, but not early enough to attempt more sleep. Instead, Sobek wrote. He wrote to clear his own thoughts, and he wrote to inform those of the committee what was going on here in Pelacio.

Lords and Ladies,

On the evening before I pen this to you, I was witness to a something quite disturbing here in Pelacio; something that changes our perspective on the situation greatly.

I was witness to an attack on the pack here by someone that I did not recognize, as well as overhearing those of Pelacio discuss the chances that this invader was responsible for the recent feedings upon officials from the army.

The invader was brown in color, and had no distinguishing markings. I am certain that this creature has no affiliation with us, and is there-for in direct violation of the agreement set forth so long ago.

What I am not sure of is whether or not this was a lone, and misguided individual, or if there is an entire pack. The brown wolf was released from mortal existence, and no other incidence occurred that night.

It is my desire to let my presence be known to the Pelacio pack, and help them solve this mystery, though I will await your orders before doing so.

Respectfully yours,
Sobek

The man folded up the letter, and sat staring at it for an amount of time that probably passed very quickly for him, before putting a seal on it.

The sun began to creep up above the nearby mountain ranges, and dawn made it's way across the land. Noises could be heard from below his window, and the scents of the early morning risers made their way to his senses as he dressed.

He would mingle, and listen, and smell, and find out more information before the Sun God went to rest that night. Hand on the door, ready to tug it open, his eyes made their way back to the desk he'd just been at. With a long and drawn out hiss, he stomped back to the letter he'd written, and picked it up.

"No, fuck them." the agitated were-wolf murmured before he tore the papeal into many pieces, allowing it drop aimlessly on the hardwood floor.

"I do this my way...

...this time it will be done right."
Sobek
Stablehand

Postby Brighid » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:56 am

Dawn had made it's way into Brighid's bedroom, but the young woman was yet to stir. Exhaustion had taken her, and shock had kept her. She's most likely sleep throughout the morning, and when she awoke she'd find her mother holding her. "The longer we let this go on, the worse it get for all of us." she hissed in Russel's general direction. "Penny. I -have-to-worry-about-our-existance-in-this-town." Russel's eyes rolled as he spoke to her, for he couldn't believe she was concerned with such petty things at a time like this.

Truth be told, he was just as afraid for his daughter as his wife was, though it wasn't something that he wanted to think about, and so he concerned himself with his pack, and their life here. "Skrew Palacio!" Brighid's mother growled, and held onto their daughter even tighter.

There was great celebration the day that Brighid was born. Not for Brighid, but for the two males that were born with her. Her brothers. They were to be the future of this pack. Both of the brothers are gone now, and presumed dead after an attack within their own pack. There was plotting at the time to overthrow Russel and his leadership, and the two new males only complicated things for the ones planning the mutiny. His new family only weeks old, Russel was forced to go into an internal battle that he barely made it out of alive, and their son's didn't make it out of at all. It was the last time that Russel and Penny saw the two males, and it was the beginning of the end for their little family.

Russel had failed, and in his failure was shame, and within the shame came weakness. When the pack disbursed that night, Russel's shame led him to roll onto his back for Penny, and for those that don't know this is the ultimate gesture of submission. He was giving his pack to her, and making her the leader. Penny took his throat alright, but let him know later that she would only lead their home, and that the pack was his responsibility. She didn't even know if she'd stay in Pelacio as her grief overtook her, and having the responsibility of a pack was not something she wanted. This way though, she was free to come and go as she pleased, and none of the pack would ever be the wiser.

They would never know that they were led by a male that rolled to his back every night when he got home.
Brighid
Stablehand

Postby Dondarion » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:24 pm

He had always loved the night. Even as a small child so long ago,before he found his true family, he had never feared the darkness. He had thrived on it. The night protected and nurtured him far better than his human mother had.

Dondarion had been born in a small agrarian village at the edge of the great wood. The oldest of seven children, his mother looked upon him as a nursemaid for the younger ones, if she looked upon him at all while she attempted to drown herself in an endless stream of wine. His father, far from a gentle man, ruled the home with the back of his hand, a razor strap and a booming voice that hurled curses that stung more than any blow. Small wonder he had left them at the age of twelve winters.

The pack had found him, alone, cold and starving. He felt no fear at their approach, quite the contrary. His heart filled with the prospect of sweet release. Release from this world that held no place for him. As Dondarion opened his arms wide in resignation, threw his head back and exposed his throat,to their gaping jaws, he whispering hoarsely.

Come, take me. I loath life more than I fear death.

A large silver male approached within a hands breadth of his face, his hot canine breath assailing the boy's nostrils. Dondarion waited anxiously as the wolfs jaws closed around his throat, waiting for his jugular to open, spilling hot life onto the frozen ground. The death blow never came. The male withdrew as quickly as he approached, while the other members of the pack sniffed, nuzzled and licked Dondarion. He knew, at that moment, he had found his real family. These were his true siblings.

How many years had passed since that icy day of his rebirth? He knew not, for the days and seasons of the humans held no meaning to him now. His lot was to hunt. To hunt and protect his siblings, as they protected him. This night, he hunted in unfamiliar ground. He had scented the others, not his siblings. A strange scent. A mix of man and wolf in a oneness he had not scented before. Soon he would hunt these others. But tonight, as he had on the previous nights, he hunted soldiers.

The familiar clinking of steel and creak of leather sounded from the clearing just ahead. Dondarion loosed a keening moan into the still, starless night. It was answered by first one then a second from opposite sides of the clearing. His brother and sister would hunt with him this night. The rest of the pack would come soon enough to feed.

The blood sang in his veins as he dropped into a ground eating lope, and within moments, he was among the soldiers, slashing, clawing and killing. The fray ended as suddenly as it had begun, the mangled corpses of the slain sentries littering the ground. Dondarion and his siblings howled in triumph. In the distance, two dozen more howls answered hauntingly. The pack was coming.
Dondarion
Stablehand

Postby Sobek » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:43 am

The sun began to peek over the mountians in the distance as Sobek found his way to the restaurant in the inn he had stayed at. He ordered a steak, very rare, and eggs, and his ears twitched as he tried to make out all of the seperate conversations in the room. The place wasn't very busy yet, but there were more people coming through the door everytime he looked at it. So many sounds, and so many scents- It boggled the senses.

The tall and dark haired man took a sip of his tea as his eyes darted around the room to get a make on each of it's occupants. His ears would pick up some bit of conversation that caught his attention, but the rest of the conversation would be drowned out by the many other voices that he could hear to very well. It was becoming a fruitless effort, and he decided to rely on his eyes, like some mere human would.

This led him to an interesting theory as to why the human senses were so unused and therefor worthless in this day and age. He shook his head- It was pointless to try and figure them out. These people though... How interesting that they made their pact with the the pack. He wondered what kind of humans would choose to live this way, and what kinds of manipulations it took to get them to be so agreeable. He wanted to ask, but for now, it was best to keep his anonimity, and so he watched....

... for now.
Sobek
Stablehand

Postby Brighid » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:42 pm

"Penny, do you think that this is another atempt to take my possition?" Russel had a look of concern on his aged features as he spoke. Penny didn't respond. "Maybe they've called in help from the outside... promised them a possition of authority." There was a long pause, and his wife still did not interject anything into the conversation. "There .... are some in the pack that are behaving quite peculiarly, don't you think?"

Penny jumped in at that. "Russel! YOU are behaving peculiarily!" Her husband stood and his chair fell to the ground behind him as he slammed his fist on the table. "How am I suposed to behave!? Huh? Our very life here is falling apart. I don't know who these brown wolves are, and I don't know why all of our pack is so jittery, and I don't know what i'm going to do about the army coming here!"

Penny threw a dish towel on the counter top, "and meenwhile, our family is falling apart! We almost lost our daughter last night!" Russel's eyes glared... "That's what i'm talking about! You can't tell me that brown wolf didn't have enough sense in him to know who or at least what she was." Penny stopped for a moment as she considered what he said. Packs didn't just war one another over teritory like that... There was enough room for all.

The rest of the pack did seem jittery, and odd as of the recent, but then agian, she herself had butterflies in her stomach much of the time. Maybe she was sensing the impending danger.
Brighid
Stablehand

Return to Maxim Archive