SOL & FEL vs. TNE and MuM

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

Postby ~Maliki~ » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 pm

The names in these guilds is like watching a allstar game. Good players.well' My side at least!
~Maliki~
Peasant

Postby Absinthe » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Speaking for myself, solely, I don't give a fuck. The era ran long, we have three solid kingdoms in SOL. We hit some folks. Do I like challenges? Oh, hell yeah. Bring it.

~Shrugs~
the sky is boiling
and there's something wrong with jane
Absinthe
Peasant

Postby Gerien » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:02 pm

The one thing that really bugs me about this - and I know this has been hashed over many times - is the multiple guilds aspect of the hit. Granted, it's tough to find a target your own size in this era of a shrinking player base, but hitting 3 different guilds at once and expecting them to effectively organize a counter strike of reasonable defense? That's just unrealistic, and fairly opportunistic.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
Gerien
Threadjacker

Postby Arioch » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Ricardo SoL not long ago tried the whole 1 on 1 fight with TNE. It was a very fun war but even with first strike they simply had too many players. If they hit it'd be even worse. Do you know how many large realms they had when we hit? They just weren't sitting there capped out with t4. Almost all of TNE seems to have been building a buttload of temples as well (I'd say 3/4 of them had top spell) and many in Leto felt something needed to be done about it. Since we knew we couldn't win without an ally and pretty much all of Fel (with one blaring exception) was smaller than TNE's smallest realms was not enough. So TNE got 2 other guilds as allies. Before you start I did NOT know they weren't fully active guilds or we wouldn't have hit. SoL and Fel even did consider putting Fervent in there but that that is an unwinable war from the start.

If LKA and/or Human will not be participating in this war do message Cluesen, Exile, or me about peace if you want.

Gerien, you said yourself how it is getting hard to match up 1 to 1 these days. SoL has 8 (seven warring) kingdoms. To hit 1 Angie guild means Human (6 doms), LKA (6 doms), TNE (18 doms). Barny would mean hitting TRC (4 doms), TDoD (17 doms), or Fervent (20 doms). Do you see the problem here?
All my love forever Daddy's Little Angel.
@ -->--
~R.I.P Kaine~ 2003-2007
Arioch
Supreme UG

Postby Status Quo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:49 pm

They do see that, I am sure....

But it is easier to point out the difficulties rather than have a solution to the problem.

Pointing to one kingdom is not the entire war, after all you can only ally a few, and that leaves the rest open for hits.

At most three at a time still does not equate to enough turns to take more than some of the land, keeping it without that same support (of course we all know that is stupid to set) is not likely.

Now just think about what would have been said if we sat and let you grow stronger.....we would have been hit, and again someone would say there was one kingdom you could not break and that is why it was a good hit......

Options are at a minimum, and I have not heard a better one suggested yet, could there be no better option than this one?

I can not think of one.....
~FEL~
The fire still burns
-Dragon Knight of the Hoard-
Status Quo
Stablehand

Postby Nymphsong » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Arioch wrote:SoL and Fel even did consider putting Fervent in there but that that is an unwinable war from the start.

Thats why people don't like to war fervent...its unwinable :wink:

Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Peasant

Postby Arioch » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:03 pm

After all this talk about us big guys giving allied support and making things unfair I'd like to point out I'm not assisting anyone and I don't know if any of us are...
@ -->--
~R.I.P Kaine~ 2003-2007
Arioch
Supreme UG

Postby Fo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:15 pm

The die has been cast and we shall deal with the now.

A position of power must be held on to by force or diplomacy else it wither away to upstart rivals.

I say to those are now these upstart rivals rise up and overthrow the Leto overlords! Barnies and Angies no longer take the burnings of our sacred temples. Let there be war upon the followers of Chaos! Let there be justice.

Let there be mother fucking crut!

Do it again. Re crut... bitches.

Join the madness.
Another causality of the evernight player grinder.
Fo
Pickpocket

Postby Ricardo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Status - so as long as your solution isright for you it's okay is it?

I am an outsider in this war and have probably warred with FEL morethan I have with TNE; I have no vested interest other than to try and keep this game interesting for all and not for the few.

Sometimes its better to do fuck all and let them have the first strike surely if you are sat at such a large advantage - than just crush what chance they have; or are you worried about the challenge?

Arioch - yeahSOL did the1vs 1 with TNE - no one complained and you still came out on top s why the necessity to include FEL this time and throw two inactive guilds in the mix?

As for including Fervent - unwinnable surely not, they arent exactly active much these days are they?

Which is what i am going on so - the game is getting smaller and smaller and a third of the guilds here are inactive near enough and by pulling this it isnt going to encourage others really to stick aroudn is it.

Course its frustrating not warring being at the top buidling only, this age leto have done well to be there- helped by the other two faiths hitting each other or just doing fuck all; but was this hit really a great idea to relieve the boredom so much!
Merry Union of Mercenaries
If theres something strange in yer neighbourhood, Who ya gonna call?
http://www.ltd-nz.com/mum/index.php
Ricardo
Journeyman

Postby Arioch » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Maybe you got the wrong impression of our war with TNE. WE LOST. We had 2 huge guys, 1 big guy sorced with no temples left and the rest at 2k. There was just too many of them.
@ -->--
~R.I.P Kaine~ 2003-2007
Arioch
Supreme UG

Postby Cluesen » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Well... with LKA heading out and Human appearantly not moving this is messed.

Still it's far not as bad as Fo tries to impress.
Once again FEL got a total of 4 realms left standing, TNE did a good job on us.

However...

We hereby invite MuM to join if you like.
You'd have first strike, we will not hit any of you before you entered.
Cluesen
Fire Avatar of FEL
The beauty of travel is visiting foreign countries and getting to know new people
G.Khan - Philosopher, voyager, visionary, fatality expediter
Cluesen
Peasant

Postby Gerien » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Status Quo wrote:They do see that, I am sure....

But it is easier to point out the difficulties rather than have a solution to the problem.

Personally, I've always supported the "max in a guild" idea, but every time it gets proposed the larger guilds come in a threaten to quit because they don't want to play without their friends...
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Gerien
Threadjacker

Postby Drennan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:10 pm

"What I've Learned From This War" - By Newbie

1. The fairness / legitimacy of a war is based off of starting stats; including total members, average networth, and total networth.

2. A 4.5 million NW realm in an 11 member guild should not be considered in the equation because it does not accurately reflect the "real stats" of the guild. Evidently the stats provided on the guild rankings page have not been coded to disregard realms with absurdly high networths, thereby deceiving all players.

3. As long as the defenders have an advantage of 1,000 turns per day or more, stats are merely an inconsequential footnote. One of these days I'll be fortunate enough to learn the right technique to beat down a supremely powerful foe with the appropriate amout of attacks resulting in "they turned you aside with ease".

4. Some attackers pretend to be badasses and proclaim to like "challenges", yet they don't challenge themselves. Bravo. Impressive, I must say.

5. Equate is a word. Equalize is a word. Equivocate is a word. Equiviate is not a word. I think the appropriate word for that which Cluesen contends is "equivocate". Equivocate, in essense, means "bullshit".

Drennan
TNE
Drennan
Stablehand

Postby Torkano » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:35 pm

Mickal should have plenty of open land now to build on. Enjoy your flatlands and rolling hills.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Fo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:19 pm

"And many strokes though with little axe, hew down and fell the hardest timbered oak."

R.I.P. Karhedron
Another causality of the evernight player grinder.
Fo
Pickpocket

Postby Gerien » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 pm

Drennan wrote:"What I've Learned From This War" - By Newbie

1. The fairness / legitimacy of a war is based off of starting stats; including total members, average networth, and total networth.

2. A 4.5 million NW realm in an 11 member guild should not be considered in the equation because it does not accurately reflect the "real stats" of the guild. Evidently the stats provided on the guild rankings page have not been coded to disregard realms with absurdly high networths, thereby deceiving all players.

3. As long as the defenders have an advantage of 1,000 turns per day or more, stats are merely an inconsequential footnote. One of these days I'll be fortunate enough to learn the right technique to beat down a supremely powerful foe with the appropriate amout of attacks resulting in "they turned you aside with ease".

4. Some attackers pretend to be badasses and proclaim to like "challenges", yet they don't challenge themselves. Bravo. Impressive, I must say.

5. Equate is a word. Equalize is a word. Equivocate is a word. Equiviate is not a word. I think the appropriate word for that which Cluesen contends is "equivocate". Equivocate, in essense, means "bullshit".

Drennan
TNE

By Jove, I think he's got it!
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Gerien
Threadjacker

Postby Drennan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 pm

I see that I spelled "essence" incorrectly.

Good thing I'm pretty.
Drennan
Stablehand

Postby Old Crow » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:58 am

Somebody say scarecrow??! my old bird bones can't handle the shock anymore...quit it before i use my pecker on you :shock:
Celer, Silens, Mortalis
Nunquam Aerumna Nec Peoeilo Fractum
Vincere Est Vivere
TNE :horsie:
Old Crow
Stablehand

Postby Virch » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 am

as most know, i dont post alot anymore here in tb....the very reason is i have said it all before and there is really no need for me to rehash for those not paying attention in the past.....i do of course break that when there is a noob gm and therefor he did not know me or how i run tne..........

dont see any noobs in sol or fel.........therefor no real reason to go thru it again.........

you know what ya did........you know what that means.........please do not come in and try to justify or defend for the people reading tb... although they may have a opinion of you that is now shattered.....that is the least of your worries............
sometimes you're the bug,sometimes you're the windshield
Virch
Journeyman

Postby Karhedron » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:33 am

Fo wrote:"And many strokes though with little axe, hew down and fell the hardest timbered oak."

R.I.P. Karhedron

Yeah. Shoulda known i was gonna regret that...

But, in truth, you guys kinda proved me right really din't yas? :wink:
Prince of The Hirudan Empire
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby Karhedron » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:57 am

Virch wrote:You know what ya did........you know what that means.........please do not come in and try to justify or defend for the people reading tb... although they may have a opinion of you that is now shattered.....that is the least of your worries............

TNE's last two wars:

TNE vs TDoD: Too ashamed to post stats, but held advantages in TNW, ANW and numbers.

TNE vs FEL, CADRE, DoC: 1million TNW advantage, 100k ANW advantage... for 6 members.

Virch-pot calling Leto-Kettle black?
Prince of The Hirudan Empire
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby Status Quo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:04 am

Status - so as long as your solution isright for you it's okay is it?

I am an outsider in this war and have probably warred with FEL morethan I have with TNE; I have no vested interest other than to try and keep this game interesting for all and not for the few.

Sometimes its better to do fuck all and let them have the first strike surely if you are sat at such a large advantage - than just crush what chance they have; or are you worried about the challenge?

The game is based on the right solution for each guild and faith....The right one is generally accepted to be the one that allows a playable war or wars with a reasonable chance that the others can beat you if given some benefit.

In our case we have one very large kingdom and many other average ones. So, you suggest we allow the smaller ones to be feeders for the rest of the game? Just wait and ....'do fuck all'...

My point was that one really big kingdom is not such an advantage, in fact it is more limited that it is being made out to be.

What is that one kingdom going to do to a guild of 20 with his daily turns?

Not really sure I follow the train of thought on how that is a better choice.....

I am thinking outside the box, but it still seems at the very least (forget that we give our own guild up to the mass') we allow other guilds to take us out and build themselves up to rather quickly take the rest of the Leto faith out too....

I have no vested interest other than to try and keep this game interesting for all and not for the few.

You have an interest....come on. Everyone posting has an interest.
That is unless you intend on joining FEL or never playing again. Somehow I do not think that is the case......
~FEL~
The fire still burns
-Dragon Knight of the Hoard-
Status Quo
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:58 am

Drennan, your avatar is butt ugly.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby owly » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:42 am

It's sad to see LKA leaving the game again, looking in the ranking page and seeing LKA in the scrolls reminded me of the old days. i was stoked when you all came back and i was looking forward to warring you guys....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
owly
Master Knight

Postby Cluesen » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:44 am

I just find it amusing how TNE flames about the stats but uses the 1000 turns advange they have. You got Mickal, Chaos and Karhedron, so all we have left is 1 midranker and 1 titan.
Considering this titan alone will hold 11 realms over 450k ANW and our 2 parking lots hold NW but have little possibilities left i really can't see the crappy bullshit hit everyone complains we had done.
Cluesen
Fire Avatar of FEL
The beauty of travel is visiting foreign countries and getting to know new people
G.Khan - Philosopher, voyager, visionary, fatality expediter
Cluesen
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Guilds