I poked steven in the butt Fervent vs TNE

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Torkano wrote:"Secondly, if you had any form of balls, you'd just say "what the hell, we needed land, we picked yours, now hand it over" instead of covering it up with lame ass posts about how we treated your poor fluffers in DEM bad or how the Letos are suffering."

I hear this all the time. Along side of that, I hear this attitude is what is killing the game. Would it really make you feel better and would TRC and Fervent bitch any less if we actually felt that way and announced it to the game? Doubtful. Truth is we didn't see things that way so no matter what, that wouldn't have been said.

It would at least be refreshing to see it instead of reading through 2 pages of manure and spindoctoring.

In my view, TRC's hit on DoC/DoW wouldn't have been a schoolbook example of a great hit. On the other hand, we didn't have a wide selection of targets. We need war, we make a war. I'm not gonna apologize or put a spin on things to try to make my ass look like my elbow. If I was GM'ing a guild who had 20 members with ANW of 1.2M and the closest guilds who weren't currently in a war was half our ANW size I would throw as many guilds as I could into the mix, but I would still hit. And I would NOT go out of my way claiming that "this is indeed retribution because once Odo sent me a rude PM and now a guild he once considered joining will pay dearly for it!!!".

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, don't bother adding a strawberry flavor to it, nobody is gonna mistake it for icecream.
T R C - Drunken Swedish Bastard
Oldschool - The First, the Few, the Furious..
Ash
Stablehand

Postby Odominus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:03 pm

*sends Ash a VERY rude pm*

I dun have a dog in this race!!

(that still doesnt stop me from posting in this thread hehee!)
Hug it out bitch :twisted:

Fo: I don't care, because I kick ass.
Odominus
Bone Breaker

Postby Fo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Of course most hits are made to gain power or take away power from the enemy. It is a war game.

You can only do so much in this game with each player only getting 3 turns per hour. You need to prioritize your objectives.

Priority one is usually to take out the top power. It was for us yesterday and we were going at Fervent. They got in a war and we had already been discussing inside TNE how we thought how TRC handled the situation was DEM was bullyish and I had put in my mind get back at TRC for this. I want DEM to stay and I want to show them support. If it would have been earlier in the age TNE would have put priority at getting back at TRC ahead of hitting the top power, but it isn't so although important to us it was regulated to plan B.

This isn't about a mean email. This about power and hitting back when your side gets hit.

Why are we talking about the Letos? It is because Barnie leadership is screaming at the top of their digital lungs about how the game should retaliate against us. I just want to point out that the ones giving the Letos the most trouble is not us, but the manuevers of the Barnies and that they should keep that in mind when the ones playing fast and loose with them are trying to get them to do their dirty work.
Another causality of the evernight player grinder.
Fo
Pickpocket

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:40 pm

Ash:

"In my view, TRC's hit on DoC/DoW wouldn't have been a schoolbook example of a great hit."

Well, in my view, an even numbers or even a slight downhit isn't a textbook example of a great hit. Given the numbers, a 1.2million downhit is a complete shit hit.

"If I was GM'ing a guild who had 20 members with ANW of 1.2M and the closest guilds who weren't currently in a war was half our ANW size I would throw as many guilds as I could into the mix, but I would still hit."

Even though I don't liek those type of odds, I can see adding guilds to, at the very least, make the networths somewhat even. Alex didn't even do that.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Ricardo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Ahhh for once it desnt involve MuM one way or another - makes a refreshing change for others to be yelling at each other. I just sit on the porch and whittle :D
Merry Union of Mercenaries
If theres something strange in yer neighbourhood, Who ya gonna call?
http://www.ltd-nz.com/mum/index.php
Ricardo
Journeyman

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Torkano wrote:Ash:

"In my view, TRC's hit on DoC/DoW wouldn't have been a schoolbook example of a great hit."

Well, in my view, an even numbers or even a slight downhit isn't a textbook example of a great hit. Given the numbers, a 1.2million downhit is a complete shit hit.

"If I was GM'ing a guild who had 20 members with ANW of 1.2M and the closest guilds who weren't currently in a war was half our ANW size I would throw as many guilds as I could into the mix, but I would still hit."

Even though I don't liek those type of odds, I can see adding guilds to, at the very least, make the networths somewhat even. Alex didn't even do that.

Complete shit hit or not, WHO SHOULD WE HAVE HIT? Stop dodging that question. Stop replying to fragments of a post.

I would add guilds, and even if it doesn't come up as even, I would hit. I am going to war, I will strive to make it fair, if I can't, well, I can't.

As for the argument about DEM, either they overreacted and we overreacted or both of us handled it correctly. You can't put the blame on just one side with a straight face now can you? Stepping in for your faith is one thing, trying to make something look like something else is just sad.
Ash
Stablehand

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:23 pm

"Complete shit hit or not, WHO SHOULD WE HAVE HIT? Stop dodging that question. Stop replying to fragments of a post."

First off, I'm not dodging. Your "who should we hit" question seemed rhetorical to me. Didn't think you were expecting me to answer. Second, I reply as I see fit. To quote the whole damn post and then answer is not my style. I respond to individual points. It makes it easier to follow. Third, you shouldn't have hit anyone. Hell you could have hit us if you shopped around for an ally. Hit up. Hell we planned on Fervent at these odds.

FERVENT (Fervent) 17 830,987
THE NATURAL EVOLUTION (TNE) 18 558,559

"I would add guilds, and even if it doesn't come up as even, I would hit. I am going to war, I will strive to make it fair, if I can't, well, I can't."

Nice to know where you stand, yet you complain about this hit. I think you hitting at those odds are shit. You think us hitting you during your so called war is shit. We differ. Can you tell me why you are right and I'm not?

"As for the argument about DEM, either they overreacted and we overreacted or both of us handled it correctly. You can't put the blame on just one side with a straight face now can you? Stepping in for your faith is one thing, trying to make something look like something else is just sad."

I stated both parties involved handled it badly. However, Alex is the GM, and refused diplomacy. His stance was might makes right. Explain the "trying to make something look like something else" please. Unless you mean, making you look like what you are, severe downhitters. If that's what you mean, then no need to explain.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Nether » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:40 pm

I here by proclaim that Tork is a flabber monkey, that is all.
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:52 pm

Not since I had the surgery, bro. I'm flabber free.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Steven » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 pm

I just like to spam and say that

Tork,

yer great in bed. But in terms of a case in this chat. I don't think you have one. haha

It is what it is, glad to know Angies play the same in Guilds and in Valid. :wink:
Steven
Lord of War

Postby Nether » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:25 pm

:stupid1:
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby DKII » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:09 pm

So it's ok for DEM to be bullies and unilaterally hit someone who got caught looting, but not for TRC to hit that realm in DEM in return? Bullshit, taking land for losing cash is worse than taking land for losing land.

Hell with TRC anyway. Why the fuck did you decide to hit Fervent at war, other then to be dicks? Far as I can tell by the convo you posted Venus told you off for hitting TRC at war and you were the one who threatened them, so you decided to just hit Fervent who'd just been whacked hard by FEL.
DKII
Pickpocket

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:24 pm

DKII,

I have an idea. Maybe you can convince some scientist to take a few stem cells to make you a new brain.

"So it's ok for DEM to be bullies and unilaterally hit someone who got caught looting, but not for TRC to hit that realm in DEM in return?"

I believe I already stated it wasn't ok.

"Far as I can tell by the convo you posted Venus told you off for hitting TRC at war and you were the one who threatened them, so you decided to just hit Fervent who'd just been whacked hard by FEL."

You poor simple minded fool. Fervent must've been whacked real hard. Look at these poor beaten down kingdom's networths.

xxxx(3xxxx)-2.2M Was taken down by Fel but still over 500k.
xxxx(3xxxx)-1.12M was over 1.3M when we hit
xxxx(3xxxx)-1.1M was also at 1.3M when we hit
xxxx(3xxxx)-1M
xxxx(3xxxx)-950k
xxxx(3xxxx)-945k
xxxx(3xxxx)-927k
xxxx(3xxxx)-920k
xxxx(3xxxx)-888k
xxxx(3xxxx)-862k
xxxx(3xxxx)-604k
xxxx(3xxxx)-637k
xxxx(3xxxx)-612k
xxxx(3xxxx)-609k
xxxx(3xxxx)-592k
xxxx(3xxxx)- 23k
xxxx(3xxxx)-14k
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Alex_Greystone » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 pm

He might need a new brain, but you still didn't answer the question. Why did you hit Fervent when they were at war?

And what does the ranking of Fervent kingdoms have to do with being at war? FEL had barely finished their initial strike.

As far as DOC is concerned, so what if they were supposed to be FEL's allies and everyone could figure it out? The way the game is played, until you attack in a war, you're fair game. We beat DOC to the punch, so they were fair game. It's immaterial what they had planned. If hitting TRC is all about DEM, complaining about the DOW/DOC hit serves no purpose other than to try to throw one more reason at the wall hoping something will stick and justify you hitting a guild at war.
"Our steel is sharp. Our memory is long."

Stone
Ba'al Hara'ah
Werran Fehtan
Alex_Greystone
Peasant

Postby DKII » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:59 pm

So from now on if you hit a guild and don't do well, that means anyone else can come hit that guild too 'cause it must not really be a war? Is this some kind of new TNE-sucks-so-they-need-to-be-handicapped rule?
DKII
Pickpocket

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 pm

"He might need a new brain, but you still didn't answer the question. Why did you hit Fervent when they were at war?"

Yes I did, so while you're up and about, Alex, why don't you also submit your application.

"And what does the ranking of Fervent kingdoms have to do with being at war? FEL had barely finished their initial strike."

Because DK said they were beat to hell. So I posted their ranks well after Fel's strike. Oh, and you're wrong. Fel finished their strike. Didn't know that a fel strike last over 6 hours. Hadn't finished my ass.

"The way the game is played, until you attack in a war, you're fair game."

I love how you used the word fair in there. As in the war you had was fair.

"It's immaterial what they had planned."

Exactly, was does matter is that you had far superior networth on them.

"So from now on if you hit a guild and don't do well, that means anyone else can come hit that guild too 'cause it must not really be a war?"

You can't be this stupid. Are you? You just said that Fervent was whacked hard. I showed you they weren't, and now you are back stepping saying Fel didn't do well. Just stop now before you look even dumber.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Fo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:17 pm

We felt threatened and believed that Fervent was going to hit us before we could hit them... plus do any of you remember the begining of this age... the "merger"?

Has there been a revenge hit on Fervent from TNE since then?

No.

All came together last night. With what we felt was a threat, I was like fine. Barnies are trying all these games getting cease fires and talking trash. We will stick it to them.
Another causality of the evernight player grinder.
Fo
Pickpocket

Postby Alex_Greystone » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 pm

It's pointless to post anymore. TRC will treat TNE the same way they have been treated.

War on.
"Our steel is sharp. Our memory is long."

Stone
Ba'al Hara'ah
Werran Fehtan
Alex_Greystone
Peasant

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Nice to know where you stand, yet you complain about this hit. I think you hitting at those odds are shit. You think us hitting you during your so called war is shit. We differ. Can you tell me why you are right and I'm not?

After that, I'm done in here.
Ash
Stablehand

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Yeah, war on.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby ~Vox~ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 pm

I admit it

I caused all this ;)
Monkey see, Monkey do
~Vox~
Journeyman

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 pm

I had a sneaking suspicion it was all Vox's fault. He wanted to steal some of Gili's thunder. You Bastard, Vox!
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby ~Vox~ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Oh and everyone should jsut keep fighting, it's no fun otherwise ;p
Monkey see, Monkey do
~Vox~
Journeyman

Postby ~Vox~ » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:54 am

Now this is just sad people!!!!

Only time i got this bored was watching my pet rock grow.

Don't you see??? We NEED SPIN!!!!! Eight hours of nothing is totally unacceptable.

Hmmp, so there ;p
Monkey see, Monkey do
~Vox~
Journeyman

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:09 am

Oh my, there's that grumpy old man again :roll:

You can never do anything good for him :P
--Master of Puppets--

Obey your Master.
Merry Union of Mercenaries
MoP
Squire