The End (Die's in a Blaze of Glory)

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

Postby Ricardo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Malahzar I dont need to debate intellectually when you come out with the most dumb ass statements of all time - go check the a few wars out over the past few ages and then comeback and say honestly that barnabas is clean in all that it does.
In fact sod that just look at TDoDs past.

Then when you do we can switch our brains on and talk about more intellectual matters - but hey you started spouting shit, I just responded with the answer it fully deserved.

Though I must thank you for making me care just a little more about the game right now.
Merry Union of Mercenaries
If theres something strange in yer neighbourhood, Who ya gonna call?
http://www.ltd-nz.com/mum/index.php
Ricardo
Journeyman

Postby RaYCorZChoY » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:48 pm

*reads the skysCRAPer of a wall that some guy wrote above*

haaaaaaaaaaaaah!! wait a minute I'm still catching my breath from all that bullshit!

WAR ON!!!
RaYCorZ
Co-GM of ShadowZ(defunct)
~ WW, QED, FoJ, ShadowZ, Fervent, BBB, TDoD, COF, WTFPWND, WeeC, AoA, FA ~
FA resident Wanderer
RaYCorZChoY
Stablehand

Postby Nether » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:09 pm

-yawns-

I'm trying to be mad really I am, but just thinking about all the sleep i'm goin to get now that i don't have to sit in war chats all night and all the stress i don't have to worry about anymore just cheers me the fuck up =]
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby Lancelot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:26 pm

I slept on it. I thought about it all day at work.

I put on average of 3 to 7 hours a day into the game. I GM in two of the Games and 9 times out of ten run warchats for the third game.

I have some firm beliefs on the resposibility of a person to GM in this game. When you have asked people to follow you. To be their Leader. Whether in a game or real life. You have taken on the responsibilty of making sure that you lead them in the best way possible.

I am passionate about that. You do not let your people down. I make the time each night when I am on to visit with each of my people online. To interact with them. To let them know they are part of a group. Not by themselves.

If they are new we make every effort to teach them as quickly as possible to enable them to fully enjoy their game.

I read every post in every thread of each game I play in. To know what is going on and the pulse of each game.

When I saw this forum dieing a few ages ago. I had TDoD stir things up to such a degree people reacted and started playing in all Faiths and we came alive again.

I have seen a win at all costs attitude start to pervade thru the games. I have also seen more and more revenge lately and with a smaller playerbase become even more intense than usual.

These are the things I feel a GM should do to be a good GM.

It has been 9 years and 6 months since I started playing here. To be honest I am tired of having to plot revenge. This will be my last age as a GM in guilds I think. For how long I don't know.

I am not certain if I will still play or not. Only time will tell. The game just doesn't seem to hold the same feelings to me now that it has done for years.

Come or go Mum. I do not really care. At this point I don't really care alot about anything Evernight anymore.

As far as this war goes. It is up to the members of TDoD on what they want to do. I am turning in my notice so I will float thru it til the age ends.
~GM of TDoD~
~Have you ever wondered.......Wait of course you haven't~
Lancelot
Pickpocket

Postby Exile » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:59 pm

I have a proposal....

Given that the initial stats for the war were even, you guys had a little more nw, but we had first strike. ..that part I assume you have no problem with.

What you do have a problem with is the timing of our staggered hit, and the thread, misdirecting your counter.

What I propose then is a 24h cease fire, and then you guys can have first strike on all of us, so you can direct your counter however you want. it gives you enough time to set up your kingdoms and your plans, and you don't need to tell us when you are going to it, just as long as it's after the 24h....but say before 48, just so we don't drag it on too much.

This gives you an informed view of the battlefield and time to prepare, and it gives us a war to fight?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
SOL-gm
Exile
Pickpocket

Postby DKII » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:06 pm

That is actually a rather clever idea.
DKII
Pickpocket

Postby Lancelot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:12 pm

I will present that to TDoD's members tonight. That is a very fair offer and a decent thing to do.
~GM of TDoD~
Lancelot
Pickpocket

Postby Exile » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:35 pm

When and if you agree then post here and that can be the timestamp for the ceasefire.
SOL-gm
Exile
Pickpocket

Postby Lancelot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:19 pm

I have been asked to ask one question. Will both Sol and Mum abide by this or just Sol?
~GM of TDoD~
Lancelot
Pickpocket

Postby Exile » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:28 pm

I mentioned it to Ric this afternoon, and he was on board with it.
SOL-gm
Exile
Pickpocket

Postby Lancelot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Then we accept the ceasefire and I am bannering it now.

It is in real time for me 9:30pm eastern standard time.
~GM of TDoD~
Lancelot
Pickpocket

Postby MAlahzar » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 pm

In fact sod that just look at TDoDs past.

Operative word here is past in the past 4 maybe five ages since I received the honour of membership into TDOD when RK Disbanded from Guilds I have seen yes questionable but in my eyes and most others fair hits.In no way I do I claim that barnabas as a faith is clean of dishonour nor TDOD in itself within its entire history as prior to my joining I have no knowledge of the wars and choices they made,but since joining I have seen us repeatedly hit up in the rankings and play with as much honour as the rest of the player base has allowed us.
Pain Doesn't hurt when it's all you've ever felt.
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:50 am

Code: Select all
THE DAWN OF DISCORD (TDoD) 12 359,063
DEUS EX MACHINA (DEM) 10 154,989

TDoD vs DEM... This age. Everyone does dishonourable things, even when you try to avoid them at all cost.
--Master of Puppets--

Obey your Master.
Merry Union of Mercenaries
MoP
Squire

Postby hhh » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 am

haaaaaaaaaaaaah!! wait a minute I'm still catching my breath from all that bullshit!

WAR ON!!!

now. now. after that detailed account of what really happened you should be more sensitive to 'em heathen's feelings.

and what's this thing with war? you have a 2k realm. you should sit this one out or play sweeper.

=P~~~~
T D O D
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance... baffle 'em with bullshit..
hhh
Stablehand

Postby RaYCorZChoY » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:47 am

hhh wrote:

WAR ON!!!

now. now. after that detailed account of what really happened you should be more sensitive to 'em heathen's feelings.

and what's this thing with war? you have a 2k realm. you should sit this one out or play sweeper.

=P~~~~

Hearing that from an "A" grade sweeper like you ... now thats something...

WAR ON? Hudz It was meant for both you and zamuthz, you f***ing ass-wipe of a fucktard! :lol:

You've been sitting there and watching us go to war. Stand up and fight with that kd of yours. Or you're just too afraid you might soil your pantyhose... :twisted:

I may have a 2k realm but you won't see me die without a fight.

:wink:
RaYCorZ
Co-GM of ShadowZ(defunct)
~ WW, QED, FoJ, ShadowZ, Fervent, BBB, TDoD, COF, WTFPWND, WeeC, AoA, FA ~
FA resident Wanderer
RaYCorZChoY
Stablehand

Postby Hollisandra » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Does somebody NOT know what a CeaseFire is? Lucie you broke it by hitting me...
~Holli~
Hollisandra
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:35 pm

this wasn't posted anywhere. I guess Ric is on only once daily and nobody else in authority is active? maybe if we had a little warning beforehand of when it would start it would have stood a better chance of being noticed.

I've put it in the banner and I'll post to MuM forum as a ceasefire until between thursday and friday 9:30pm est.

As for Lucie's hit I'll let those in charge figure that one out, apologies though.

edit: Ironically we ceasefired very shortly after Ric answered my request and posted kingdomnumbers :(
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby Torkano » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Maybe she didn't want to let go of her Lucie Sundance character.
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Hollisandra » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Andy... it was posted up above.. it's not my problem if you guys can't read! :P
~Holli~
Hollisandra
Journeyman

Postby General Andy Icarn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:47 pm

not everyone reads forum, I'm pretty sure Lucie doesn't, and you may have noticed how Ric is only active like once a day. So posting immediate ceasefire at the current time rather than in 6 hours or something is asking for someone to break it.
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

Postby MAlahzar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 pm

THE DAWN OF DISCORD (TDoD) 12 359,063
DEUS EX MACHINA (DEM) 10 154,989

TDoD vs DEM... This age. Everyone does dishonourable things, even when you try to avoid them at all cost.

Dem had had 7 days out of war when we hit and was largely underforted had they had full forting there Networth would have been above TDOD's.

In my eyes this was an honourable hit as their avg kingdom size at the time was slightly larger then ours.We just had our acres well forted while they did not.
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby DKII » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Yeah DEM has been trying to build with no troops all age, that's why they've been hit by UG so often and complaining about it so much. ;>
DKII
Pickpocket

Postby Nether » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Who cares, your all fucking Nerds for sitting on a Message Board bitching about shit that has no affect on your life what so ever, we'll take the hit regroup and fight back, end of discussion.

-Grabs a Beer and gets laid like the rest of you fucks need to-
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby MAlahzar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Who cares, your all fucking Nerds for sitting on a Message Board bitching about shit that has no affect on your life what so ever, we'll take the hit regroup and fight back, end of discussion.

Game set and match to Nether Folks!
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby General Andy Icarn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 pm

Dem had had 7 days out of war when we hit and was largely underforted had they had full forting there Networth would have been above TDOD's.

In my eyes this was an honourable hit as their avg kingdom size at the time was slightly larger then ours.We just had our acres well forted while they did not.

I don't know the specifics of this but I tend to doubt based on those stats that what you are saying is even possible.

THE DAWN OF DISCORD (TDoD) 12 x 359,063 = 4.308m tnw

for DEM to be above you they'd have to average 431k. I don't think you can fort to triple your base worth off troops, I think it's closer to 2x to 2.5x. 431k is 278% of DEM's 155k avg. And if somehow you could raise that much by forting troops you're then working off the assumption that they were completely unforted and your guild was completely maxed in troops to even get to equal worths, not to mention your first strike and member actions advantages. roflmao :D

oh sweet sweet Palmela. :oops:

Well prior to the idea of a ceasefire I asked for permission to be excused from the current war, as we were winning and I didn't think they needed me and due to the issues with the coming in of SOL. This request was respectfully denied, leaving me with a choice. But as TDoD seems to have felt the idea of a ceasefire is a halfway decent solution to all this I figured the situation had changed and I could more easily make a decision to "continue to support my guildmates" and keep fighting.

So bottomline I guess I'm still in the war, and if you're looking for a target I hope you'll consider me, my peasants love self-sacrifice. *shrug*
-={Lialia}=-
{Barnabas}SOL
I'm in FEL?
General Andy Icarn
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to Guilds