Unguilded Letos verus DEM (Shadow Guild)

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Karhedron wrote:Could you make a guild with the acronym 'None'?

That way you can be guilded and still LOOK and behave like an unguilded!!

A whole guild of kingdoms that can act and be treated like unguilded. *nods* Very cunning plan me thinks...

That would be fucking hilarious. Are they unguilded or in the guild "none"? HAHA
Sartorious lives on forever in my heart and memories!
<Thantos> so there's 5 we have to break tonite
<Sexxay-Dux> well whichuns are the biggewst
<Art_is_Sexy> can we break them with fucking?
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby DKII » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Just imagine the potential game-breaking bugs involved. You declare guildwar on "None" and suddenly you can actually hit all real UG's without declaring on them too! Unfortunately they can now all also hit you... ;)
DKII
Pickpocket

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Maybe it was a complete concidence that DKII struck our big hitters from high above just a few hours before Fervent moved in

which time? when did we move in? lol! and it most likely was because u DIDNT HAVE TROOPS.

Maybe it was a coincidence that the UG shadow guild Grunt was part of took out several DEM members (squad C and a couple others) exactly after they got hit by Fervent (different war) and hadn't had a chance to rebuild..

so now grunt a LETO is helping me? lol! yeah, right after hell freezes over.

also, id like to point out that grunt, losmar, and qd are three people. that is NOT a shadow guild. and beyodnd that, they have ALL hit me this age and not one time was it at the same time, even by a couple of days.

Now.. this is a pretty unrealistic scenario, honestly, because it would require some pretty intense coordination and honestly - the element of surprise (and stupidity on some people). Still, it would work, to some extent.. it would majorly disrupt things, and people are already thinking along 'these lines'.

its been done. we are still here. i dont see a problem, these things tend to work themselves out.

Back in the day of Gold, Isis, etc.. we did not have this 'honerable' combat like we have today. We did not allow people to fight man vs man (or woman), we lumped as many guilds together as possible and went after it. Actually, the game was big enough back then to allow such.

what gold and isis were u playing?
one in a parallel universe?

back then, it was nasty, even<maybe i should say especially> the barnabas guilds were fighting and backstabbing each other. not to mention angie leto and all that came with that.

An unwritten 'code of conduct' was formed, to make wars more enjoyable. In example, I might of broken it when I joined MuM in the war with Fervent.. through that's up for debate and I really didn't think so at the time from the numbers I was given.

an unwritten code of conduct? was formed around gold? seriously? i think u need to check your backyard, lightning probably just struck when u made that statement lmao!

i honestly dont know if you just remmeber things more fondly now , cause it was so long ago, or what,. but i hve to tell u, things are a hell of alot nicer nowdays than they were back then between guilds LOL!

This new element which never really existed before, and perhaps it's due to the skill of Quickdraw, DKII, Grunt, and others, makes wars less fun. Yes, you guys are good - so good - that now you're being noticed. The 'unguilded' argument has been going on all age, I've heard of it from a lot of people - I just finally got pissed off enough about it to post about it.

um, what was it, about a year ago? when hdog and grunt and wretch and all them were ugs and caused havoc. because while grunt and qd and dk are good nowdays, thats nothing compared to the first round of ugs back then and the destruction they did.

this, is nothing. suck it up, move on, stop whining. God shutup about ugs.

Grunt, Quickdraw, DKII.. I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong. I'm not saying what you're doing is against the rules. Merely, there should be *some* code of conduct to your actions, just like there is a code of conduct with guilds.

no, they dont have to have some code of conduct. they have their own. and for that matter,. what code of conduct does guilds have exactly ? the not interfering in wars one? LOL, or the not gangbanging one? or the one where everything has to be "honerable"? rofl

honestly , i hate that word. im so sick of seeing "honorable war " posted in any thread.

and, by the way, dk grunt and qd arent a shadow guild. dk isnt even the same FAITH as them.

a shadow guild is four or more kingdoms working together.

dk is not working with them. however, i have seen several people who dont play anymore, after readin this thread, make ug kingdoms JUST to hit dem cause you keep bitching about it

which i think is hysterical :P
Venus
Fervent
Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Postby Alex_Greystone » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:19 pm

Maybe it was a complete concidence that DKII struck our big hitters from high above just a few hours before Fervent moved in

Are you insinuating that Fervent needed help in their "war" with DEM? Thank goodness DKII was there to help them. I can't imagine the damage DEM would have done if he hadn't been :roll:

Maybe if a single unguilded kingdom can hit your "big hitters from high above" the problem isn't the unguildeds, it's your playing style.
"Our steel is sharp. Our memory is long."

Stone
Ba'al Hara'ah
Werran Fehtan
Alex_Greystone
Peasant

Postby Quick Draw » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Nether wrote:Damnit its my job to ridicule him >=[

My bad :D
Scummers Lead The Way!
Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master - George Washington
Quick Draw
Journeyman

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Hey, no bad things about Isis. :evil:
I liked that girl. :P

And because of some changes in the charter of the Netherlands -the kingdom that is- she'll even live in my country soonish! :dood:
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:25 pm

Oh, and another thing: if you don't like UGs, keep them tiny. :horsie:

Yes, I kicked in a door which was already open (woooo, a translated proverb!). But sometimes the obvious needs to be stated quite a few times, it seems. :)
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Old Crow » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:47 pm

You people did exactly what i thought you did.

Filled up a whole page saying how wonderful you are while everyone else sucks.

Tried to change the subject

It is amazing how fired up people can get. LOL

So predictable... somethings never change. I give up you people have way to narrow of minds.

I have tried to look at this issue from both sides. but you would rather insult us instead of a honest debate. I'm tired of the truth being twisted and the circler logic in order to justify your actions.

I'll just try to play the game instead of trying to do some good on here. You just keep playing in your little world because it's YOUR world and no one can bring anything up without being ridiculed.
Celer, Silens, Mortalis
Nunquam Aerumna Nec Peoeilo Fractum
Vincere Est Vivere
TNE :horsie:
Old Crow
Stablehand

Postby Nether » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Holy Hell thats the longest post i've seen from Venus ever..

And to clarify things for Old Crow, I think they all suck and would hit them daily if they weren't the same faith as me. As for you and DEM I have nothin against you nor your dumbass GM.
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm

Old Crow wrote:You people did exactly what i thought you did.

It is amazing how fired up people can get. LOL

So predictable... somethings never change. I give up you people have way to narrow of minds.

I have tried to look at this issue from both sides. but you would rather insult us instead of a honest debate. I'm tired of the truth being twisted and the circler logic in order to justify your actions.

I'll just try to play the game instead of trying to do some good on here. You just keep playing in your little world because it's YOUR world and no one can bring anything up without being ridiculed.

Hey, I didn't do that! I just said I like Isis! :evil:
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Losmar » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Grunt, HDog, and Wretch... you guys were just too awsome that first age we did the UG thing... too good!

Nagash, you know that you'd get more land if you actually let me do something for once... don't ya?
Savage Hordesman
Bad Renegade Mercenary from a Confederate Republic
"Your people are threatening to rebel over your warmongering."
Almost a Survivor...
Losmar
Necromancer

Postby TheSartek » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we all go UG and create complete anarchy. That'd be swell.

I think the whole point is that Guilds was created as a guilds game. If you don't like the politics or the way the people of your faith are running thier guilds, switch faiths or start your own guild. Now I have no problem wiping annoying UG's off the face of the scrolls but methinks the point these DEM fellows are trying to make is that this game was created for guilds to play in, not individuals.

Again, just my observations.

I'll go wander off and play with something shiny now.
~SARTEK~
The noise you heard in the bushes
TheSartek
Peasant

Postby Torkano » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm

TheSartek wrote:I'll go wander off and play with something shiny now.

Polish your knob till its shiny.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby TheSartek » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm

too late :P
~SARTEK~
TheSartek
Peasant

Postby Grunt » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:12 pm

I really dont see how 4 people all under 5k acres deserve this much drama
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
Grunt
Upper Royalty

Postby TheSartek » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm

It's because you disrupt what people percieve as the natural flow of things

WAR-->END WAR-->REBUILD-->WAR AGAIN

People get all bent out of shape when things to go as the expect them to.

Now like I said, I'd just as soon destroy all of you then waste time here arguing about it. But since the argument was in full force, I thought I'd add in my 1/2 cent(about all my opinions worth these days).
~SARTEK~
TheSartek
Peasant

Postby Quick Draw » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:22 pm

Anybody awesome enough to have a function word to indicate that their name or noun equivalent is unique or a particular member of its class. Certainly has an opinion worth more than 1/2 cents. :wink:
Scummers Lead The Way!
Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force.
Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master - George Washington
Quick Draw
Journeyman

Postby Dyvim Tvar » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:22 pm

Could you make a guild with the acronym 'None'?

If I remember rightly somebody tried that in Valid and it didn't quite work out.
Eddie Kim sends his regards, motherfucker!
WhY so SeriOUs?
FOXHOUND - It'll make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur, just like me!
Dyvim Tvar
International Superstar

Postby Grunt » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 pm

Sartek I would rather war all the time too
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
Grunt
Upper Royalty

Postby Karhedron » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:34 am

Dyvim: Guess i missed it: what happened?
Prince of The Hirudan Empire
Karhedron
Pickpocket

Postby Torkano » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:01 am

Karhedron wrote:Dyvim: Guess i missed it: what happened?

Let's just say they all sport pink socks now. It was unfortunate.
Torkano
Don't mess with da Elf

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 am

You people did exactly what i thought you did.

how did i do that?
i responded to each thing gw said.

im not really sure how thats trying to change the subject
Venus
Fervent
Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Postby Geothe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:05 am

"Filled up a whole page saying how wonderful you are while everyone else sucks"

No one was saying everyone else sucks.

Only that DEM sucks.

Just thought I would clarify that.
Fervent, ALWAYS
Yes, we are that damn good!
Our Game, Our Rules
Venus, the Embodiment of Human Perfection!
Geothe
Journeyman

Postby GoldWyvern » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm

I swear to..

You people are incapable of reading! It's amazing!

VENUS.. slow down. THINK.

I wrote:

Back in the day of Gold, Isis, etc.. we did not have this 'honerable' combat like we have today. We did not allow people to fight man vs man (or woman), we lumped as many guilds together as possible and went after it. Actually, the game was big enough back then to allow such.

Venus wrote:

back then, it was nasty, even<maybe i should say especially> the barnabas guilds were fighting and backstabbing each other. not to mention angie leto and all that came with that.

Why yes, that's exactly what I said. Read the post again. Ok, now that you've done that. Read it again. Is it sinking in, what I said? Or are you still rearranging the words the way you want me to say them?

Also, what's this bullshit people keep on saying 'well put troops in your kingdom'. Well.. duh. Not stupid. That's kinda like saying 'put tires on your car before you drive away'.

Yes, I had a couple of kingdoms without troops, a situation that I have since corrected with a long chat or two. I assumed it was a bug in the 'view kingdom' script since a couple people had told me there was such a bug, so I hadn't gotten on them before then.

That has nothing, I mean, nothing at all to do with my original arguments. Again, we have people with small minds and big egos trying to make themselves look 'cool' on the boards. My original post was about a shadow guild hitting me and later on, how I felt about it.

Now, I'm starting to get a little bored and more then a little annoyed. Gonna check out Covenent, never have played there and it looks cool. Problem is, the guild I wanna join requires you have a Elvan kingdom and I created a human one (not having checked out the guilds before I started a kingdom), so I have to play 450 turns before I can 'remake'.

Guess I'll read up on the guild's RP for the next few days before I offically reply.

Anyhow, have fun, you guys. Enjoy the arguing, I find this thread of no interest any more. Anyone who has a counter argument they just HAVE to tell me about, feel free to PM me.
Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true.
-Homer Simpson
GoldWyvern
Pickpocket

Postby Hollisandra » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:37 pm

I know which guild you're talking about GW and they only post on TB when they're winning. :roll:
~Holli~
Hollisandra
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to Guilds