From the shadows of the past..(TDoD or invite)

- Archive of the Guilds Game.

Postby Elgren » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 pm

Elgren laughed aloud as he stopped and faced her..

M'Lady...no Master does not have clothing suitable for one such as yourself. I can have a rider sent to your home if you wish anything personal or unique,but we do have a most skilled and speedy tailor here...his wife is an excellent seamstress...anything you desire m'Lady,just ask Master or myself if Meeshi isn't able to help you. She,by the way,is our barber/hairdresser by trade...poor lass,her folks died some time ago and Master is the only decent employer she has ever known..she was born here,as was I..

His eyes twinkled a bit as he remembered old times,long ago...

...You do not have to stay here if you are not comfortable,Master does scare people off at times..especially if you don't know and understand him...he truly is different..
~Loyal servant & trusted friend~
..TDoD-Keeper of the Keep..
Elgren
Stablehand

Postby Gogreen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:03 am

...Gogreen listened to the creature speak and he blinked as Nether finished....NOBODY had ever called him a true Drow before...and by blood,he was not,only half Drow. He felt Drow in himever since he could remember,but always kept his dark side hidden...many mortals and several other beings just couldn't handle the darkPrince is his raw form. Imprisonment had made him hate...made the Drow come through...broken hearts and shattered dreams..all led him to embrace the darkness within...in his mind he WAS Drow...now,more than ever..but never had anyone ever saw it or commented on it if they did...until now..

Nether,you are a fascinating and perplexing creature indeed...I'm most curious about you,we seem to have some things in common...I would like you to consider staying a bit,if it is your will,of course..Would you care to join me and Sturm for a drink of....something?
~If you don't stand for something,then you'll die for nothing!~
-TDoD~Guilds...CK~Valid -
I am not the hand of god..I am the thorn
Gogreen
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:35 pm

She heard voices from below and she recognized Elgrens laughter. The other voice,the female one,must be the guest she was to attend to.
Meeshi wondered if she was nice...she had not seen a new face..had a new person to talk to in ages,in fact,she could not remember the last time there had been guests at the keep. She must be of some signifigance to Master or the guild however,or one of the regular servants would be here,not her.
Meeshi shrugged and turned,walking to the top of the spiral staircase..she brushed off her dress and primped her hair a little,then stood at the ready for the arrival...they wern't far away,judging by their voices.
...It's all I know..the only place I've ever known..
~If you think my scissors are sharp,you should feel my razor!~
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:48 pm

Kira turned to face the elderly servant. Her eyes glowed red as she spoke to him...her voice little more than a hiss.

Were you not such an obviously valued servant, I would make you beg for death for what you have implied. I have been through things that would give your poor mortal mind nightmares for what little life you have left.

Do not assume that just because I do not like to wear the same clothing for days on end that I am weak. Do we understand each other?
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Elgren » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:55 pm

The old man gasped and backed against the wall,looking scared indeed. Elgren's brain scambled...trying to figure out what he'd said wrong! He had offered to send a rider for anything she desired from home...offered to have an outfit made for her by the time she awoke...he was dumbfounded as to the reason for her rage..

M'Lady Kira! I meant no offense,you must have misunderstood my previous statements! Please accept my most humble apologies if I've crossed some unkown boundries...I beg thee...show mercy!??

Elgren inched away from her nervously...
~Loyal servant & trusted friend~
..TDoD-Keeper of the Keep..
Elgren
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:09 pm

Meeshi heard the lady hiss and heard Elgren's fearful reply...she made her move..she quickly made her way down the stairs to meet them. She saw Elgren inching away from the guest and her angry look at the poor old man. Meeshi made a hasty decision to intervien..

ELGREN..you bloody old fool,what have you done now?
We have a guest and you offend her before she even reaches her quarters...what in Barnabas' name were you thinking?

Meeshi walked up to him,her back to Lady Kira and faced him. She slapped him..he gasped in shock,but caught her wink as she continued her rant and held his tongue..

Let that be a lesson in how to treat a lady...no go,report back to Master at once before I put you on report!!

She winked at him before turning to the lady...Elgren scurried off,retreating down the stairs in an instant. Meeshi hoped the old man would understand her actions and forgive her for them later.
She curtsied deeply before she spoke...

M'Lady...please forgive his waning mind..he has a good heart.
I'm Meeshi and I'm yours to command during your stay...I will attend your needs and wants. If you would follow me,I might show you your quarters and fetch any items you require....food,drink may be taken in your chambers,or you may join Master for a drink...we have two other guests now it seems,both also guild members like yourself.
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Kira looked over the woman who had intervened so speedily. She was surprised that the young woman had had the temerity to slap Elgren. However, it had served it's intended purpose and Kira felt her anger ebb slowly away. When she spoke to the woman her voice was deceptively soft.

You slapped him. And I would bet gold that he outranks you in this household. Are you not afraid of reprisals?

Kira followed the young woman as she was led to her chambers. Not one but two other guests hmm? Perhaps she would join them for a drink indeed. It would be a good chance for her to brush up on her social skills. After all, it had been over a year since....well, since Judas had lived up to his name and betrayed her. Yes, the more she thought about it, the more she felt that it was time. She was done pining for someone who obviously didn't give a damn whether she lived or died.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 pm

Meeshi led the rest of the short walk to the chambers as she talked..

I fear no reprisals from Master Gogreen at least...you see my parents worked for him until they died in his service. He is the only employer I've ever had and has always been fair to me,even treats me with great kindness and friendship on occassion. I may,however,face the wrath of Mrs.Burnit...she in charge of the female staff. Should Elgren tell her,I'm in for a good tongue lashing at the very least!

She stopped in front of a door and opened it,stepping inside the dark room.
An instant later she lit a match and lit the set of lamps above a fireplace alight. The room glowed as the lamps flared up,reavealing an ample suite indeed.
A large,comfy bed,desk,closet,a set of drawers and a large mirror...a velvet covered couch,love seat and chair. All the windows were shuttered closed,yet the room smelled fresh.
Meeshi motioned her hand,signaling Kira inside as she set to making a fire...she waved at the table,where a basin cloth,towel and pitcher of water awaited..

Welcome m'Lady..freshen up if you wish,while I make this room more cozy. Then I shall fetch anything you wish and place your orders,should you have any..

Meeshi smiled warmly,trying to make the stranger forget her words with Elgren.
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:52 pm

Kira followed as Meeshi showed her to her room. She stepped inside and looked around. It was far different from her own somewhat sparse surroundings at home. Her rooms at home were far darker in decoration and light. This....this was feminine, and not her style at all. She preferred surroundings which were far more.....practical. That being the case, most of her furnishings were done in red and black. Oh well, there was no help for it. She could not expect every place to be just like home. She would be able to make do, and that was what mattered. Her voice was thoughtful as she spoke to the brazen young woman.

For right now, all I will require is something on which I can write down orders for my servants to gather some of my garments and other things so they can be sent here. Once someone has been dispatched with that missive, I will join your master and his other guests for a drink.

I will not require you further then, tonight. Oh, and you would be wise not to enter this room during the daylight hours. I will not require you again until tomorrow evening, some time around sunset. Hmm, best to change that. I will require sustenance first, then you. My garments will likely have arrived by then and you can help me prepare for the evening.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 pm

Meeshi smiled and reached into the desk drawer,pulling out paper and pen. She looked at Kira with questioning eyes..

Here is the paper and pen m'Lady...regretfully,I can't scribe for you...I cannot write or read for that matter.
As for feeding and such,I can bring you suitable prey if you should give me your specific needs. What is it you require? My tongue is not loose and mine eyes not shy...I've seen much living here Lady Kira. Descretion is part of having this keep as your home...Master is very secretive at times...mysterious and dark.
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Kira took the paper from Meeshi and met the girl's questioning eyes with a steady gaze. So, the girl thought she wanted to know, did she? Well, then she would satiate that curiousity for her.

You want to know exactly what I require young woman? I require blood.....human to be exact. Preferably fresh from the person, still warm. Still in the person would be even better. Although something tells me that you don't exactly have a supply of criminals or heathens waiting to join me for breakfast. Human is my preferred species, but I suppose that I could make do with the blood of an animal instead....as nauseating as that thought is.

And do not worry, I can scribe the letter myself.

Kira took the pen and quickly penned orders for certain outfits to be brought for her, as well as some of her jewels. If her servants knew what was good for them, and they did, the outfits would be there by the time she awoke and there wouldn't be a wrinkle among them.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Meeshi held Kiras gaze,though her heart raced as Kira spoke. Master Gogreen had many strange guests during her time here,so she was not shocked,but excited. She listened,fascinated and when Kira set pen to paper,Meeshi spoke up..

M'Lady,you do not shock or scare me....as for your appetite...Master Gogreen always keeps a couple thieves or spies on hand for 'amusement',as it were.
He doesn't take kindly to scouting sometimes...the screams of those caught on days his mood was foul still haunt some of us Kira.
Anyways,do you wish to dine here,or would you wish I take you to where the wretched scum hang in shackles?

Meeshi grinned wickedly,as if she wished to witness Kira dine...

You spoke of joining the men in the Hall for a drink....I don't believe they are there yet...let me check.

She walked to one of the windows and undid the shutter,then window. Peering out,she looked back..

No,m'Lady...see for yourself...there seems to be some kind of confrontation going on!
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby Sturm » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:06 pm

He is the apex of the parallel, the way of the drow is said to still be, and is held in secret written form in lands far from here brother Gogreen, Dark Lord Nether is a unique demon, in transcending such or so the rumors say. He chuckled and smiled, bowing his head to both he took his leave and Gogreens offer of a drink and proceeded to the hall.
~Bo,Sart~ RiP~
It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live."
~Amo ut invenio~Fidei Defensor Vexillarius~
Sturm
Armchair Warrior

Location: Look up, see that funny colored star...Smile please!!

Postby Kira » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Kira paused for a moment, in her writing, as she heard Meeshi speak of the thieves which were usually kept onhand. She gave a nod of her head in acknowledgement, and then continued to write. As Meeshi asked whether she would prefer to have her meal brought to her room, or if she would rather dine where her meal hung, she paused for a moment and gazed at the girl in thought.

Well, I'd hardly need them shackled. I highly doubt they could hurt me if they tried. I'm tempted to have one brought here. However, out of respect for you or whomever else would have to clean my rooms, I'd best say lead me to where they are when it is time. Or at least take me to a room that cleans easily.

That being the case, come alone to my rooms just before sunset. Bring the clothing that was sent over and prepare to ready me. Have plenty of fresh water and cloths sent to where my meal will await me so that I may freshen up when I am finished.

Kira went back to writing, while Meeshi went to check if the men had gone into the castle for drinks yet. Her next words caused Kira to drop her pen and stride to the window as well.

What do you mean some kind of confrontation going on?

Kira leaned forward quite a bit ouf the window, trying to see what was going on. Her long hair hung out over her shoulder.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Nether » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm

The Demon followed behind as they headed towards the tower, Sturm he had met before if only fleeting. It was true he knew very little of the guild, its history, its members new and old alike, and he would likely never know all of them, for now however he would drink and listen. For observation served more purposes than actions at times.
Proud member of the I've seen Venus Nekkid club
Venus-when your at war, u might fight honorably, but your still honorably dead
congrats!
Nether
Average

Postby MAlahzar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:21 pm

Much time had passed since Malahzar had left his lands to come to the home of gogreen in truth he had returned home twice to drop off new items he had purchased or fashioned for himself for the lands held much beautiful art in these surroundings having left alone each time he managed to gather a traveling court and on the outlying edges of the lands of gogreen the glow of the flames and sounds of revellry could just be heard coming from the pavilions flying the young elven lords flags high.

Perhaps I shall surprise him thought the elf to himself yes that is what I shall do.

A smirk played about the elfs lips as he reached within his saddle and drew the dagger,a finely wrought blade the drow words were etched deep within the blade "L'elamshin d'lil Kythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal".(The destiny of the drow is to conquer all)Looking around he donned the cloak of a beggar over his finery and tucked the gift away within its folds.Grabbing too clumps of dirt he dirtied his hands and face then carefully crushed the remaining dirt upon the robes.

Now he was ready He walked the remaining distance hunched as if from yrs of cowering til he came to the gate of the great Gogreen and there he sat to beg the guards request their master provide an old beggar shelter from the nights wrath.
Pain Doesn't hurt when it's all you've ever felt.
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby Gogreen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:12 pm

...He heard Sturm speak..saw the creature begin to move off..so he turned,smiling,and began to walk with the one called Nether...then something told him he was being watched,quickly,his senses focused a second and he looked up.
He flashed a warm,yet mischievious smile at the two faces that peered from the tower window before he and his companions vanished from line of sight...

Elsewhere in the keep,the guards caught sight of an hunched old man,hobbling towards the gate...it was still dark,making it an odd sight and putting them at attention. Master Gogreen had ordered all inside the walls of the keep early that evening,so this was nobody known to the guards..every second man working as night sentry was Drow. The two guards watched him approach the gate..the Drow of the two whispered to his human counterpart....somethings not right with this! Tonight's been such a strange night for visitors...be at the ready in case this one is a damned spy or assassin..
...bows drawn,they issued a challenge to the hunchback..
HALT! You there,old man,state your name and business here at Green Keep and draw back thine hood...show us your face at once!!
Gogreen
Stablehand

Postby MAlahzar » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Dammit Malahzar thought as he looked on the bows lowered before him he should have known Gogreen would have had drow sentries.The drow magic in the dagger was likely a little too strong for the cloak to shield from their senses.

He ignored the guards demands and kept hobbling forward as the guards arrows flew a laughter errupted through the air and the cloak fell to the ground empty

Malahzar hid in the shadows what fun this would be he was now an intruder in the keep of the great lord Gogreen.With all the drow around too he would stick out like a sore thumb with this dagger quickly mumbling ancient words of power he shielded the daggers magic now the guards would need to be almost on top of him to feel it's presence. Realizing his identity was exposed he quickly casted a glamour about himself and made his way forward he quietly hoped to himself that none of the guards liked cats.........
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Kira was tempted to pull back into the room when Gogreen gazed up and saw her watching him. However, when he smiled, she knew that it was only for her and that he had enjoyed knowing that she was curious enough about him to watch. Instead, she boldly returned his smile and hesitated another moment before returning to the room and the note she had left partially written.

There was much she had yet to learn, and her visit would likely prove far longer than she had originally meant. Casting a thoughtful look at the young woman, Meeshi, her voice was thoughtful as she spoke.

If you've grown up here, then you would likely be a good person to fill me in on certain details. No, fear not, I have no intention of asking you any castle secrets. My curiousity lies more in the way of your master than in the secrets of his house. I will listen as you speak while I finish penning my letter. We have a small amount of time before I join the others for a drink. Come now, and speak to me as you will.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Gogreen » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:39 pm

...The gate guards called for the runner...a small,thin elf appeared seconds later,puffing a bit...he saluted and stood waiting his message..
The Drow at the gate hissed at the elf...Get the Captain up here and tell him to bring 'the Eye'...we've got either an assassin or a foolish prankster in the keep! Now GO!!
Gogreen
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Meeshi stared at Kira a moment,unsure if she should speak...she knew of Masters love of secrecy,mystery and privacy.
He might not mind if she shared a bit she surmised and spoke at last..

Well...Master is very quiet at times,spending many hours in his chambers or in his study.
He has a garden in the eastern corner of the keep that he visits on occasion to watch the sunrise....I know you must be curious as to how he does it...sunshine that is. Simple really,he is only HALF drow...his mother was a High woodlands elf.
He was cursed upon birth and has known pain and misery since then...I know very little of this though m'Lady..only scraps I've gleaned through the years of gossip and bits Master himself told me on occasion.
Twice during my life here,Master has been taken prisoner by vile sorcery...he is very strong inside considering the tortures he has endured...the last time,his captor was half vampire I'm told.
He is strange at times,avoiding all human contact for sometimes a week...and I don't know if it's important to you...but it usually seems to be around the full moon..
Meeshi
Stablehand

Postby MAlahzar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:15 pm

As he ran lithely through the streets he knew it was only matter of time before the Elite guards found some way of tracking him he had changed form three times already and thrown off several groups of guards each one coming closer to catching the would be prankster,but he was determined to find Gogreen himself before any guard caught him.

Damn this place is huge he thought either that or I'm running in circles he laughed to himself.Quickly changing his appearance to that of the runner he had seen racing towards the gate.Perhaps he could manage to create more confusion and buy himself time to find the Great Lord Gogreen....
MAlahzar
Stablehand

Postby Kira » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Kira listened thoughtfully as Meeshi spoke of her master. Although the young woman was a servant, and loyal, one never knew what sort of interesting tidbit she might let slip.

As Meeshi spoke, Kira found herself somewhat jealous of Gogreen. What it would be like to be able to view the majestic beauty of a sunrise once more. Only half drow hmm? It seemed like he might just have the best of both worlds. Kira found herself wondering exactly how someone as strong as Gogreen seemed to be could be taken unawares and captured not once, but twice. Of course the girl wouldn't part with the particulars of those events, even if she were privy to them. No, she would have to wait and see if she would be able to learn more from Gogreen himself somehow.

Kira paled even more than was usual for her when Meeshi explained that the last time her master was captured by a half vampire. He must hate the race then! How would he be able to stand gazing upon her knowing what she was and what her kind had done to him? What in the seventh level of hell could she do now?

Kira was drawn from her musings as Meeshi continued to speak. The mention of strange behavior around the time of the full moon drew her interest, but only momentarily.

What was the point of her even staying here and trying? The man would see all that he despised every time he gazed upon her. And yet....he did not look upon her with hatred when they had met upon the roof top. He had looked upon her with interest....curiousity even. Could it be possible that he would not blame her for the actions of a rogue of her species? Dare she hope that she might have a chance at happiness at last?

Kira realized that Meeshi had finished speaking and had been gazing at her for some time, as if waiting for orders. Rising from the chair in which she had been sitting, she straightened her leather outfit and gestured to Meeshi to fix her hair. Once she had been put to rights, she instructed the girl to show her to where the men had no doubt already gathered.
Kira
Stablehand

Postby Gogreen » Tue May 01, 2007 8:06 pm

..Gogreen walked with the two other men as they headed into a room...he motioned them to sit and walked to the bar...

Well Sturm,I'm sure you would love a swig of BOOMBOOM,now wouldn't you?
As for you,my curious friend...Nether,what can I offer you to wet your throat...hmmmmmm?
Gogreen
Stablehand

Postby Meeshi » Sat May 05, 2007 2:38 pm

Meeshi obeyed and got to fixing the ladies hair..wondering but staying silent,she opened the door and beckoned Kira to enter the hallway beyond.
They sarted to walk,but Meeshi couldn't hold her tongue any longer...she blurted out..

M'Lady? Would you care to dine first?...I mean...I could....oh,I'm sorry m'Lady,how could I be so rude! My curiosity got the better of my manners...please forgive me?

She tried to hide her excitement,but wasn't very good at it...her eyes sparkled in the darkness...
Meeshi
Stablehand

PreviousNext

Return to Guilds