turns claim?

- Events Forum for Canon.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

turns claim?

Postby ~Maliki~ » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:12 am

theres got to be a better way to getting these turns.. i asked for them monday.. i won 30 plues 12 plues 12 5 days and get a message back saying done?? i was at full so i missed again and who knows where the 24 turns are??

cant there be a system where WE claim the turns..because u never know when your getting them.. and im not going to build at every 50 turns so i dont overflow. suggestions?

thanks..
~Maliki~
Peasant

Postby Voice Aeneas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:20 am

I think Kaz is working on such a system. Until then you'll have to live with the current system and the waiting of a few days. Sometimes (most of the times) turns get awarded within the day. Sometimes it takes slightly longer.

~Aeneas~
Gili says:
Voice Aeneas
Voice

Postby DeviusZwei » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:14 pm

Is your name pronounced "Voice Anus" ?

I'm sorry, I know it was off topic, but I have been wondering for like 1-2 years now and I think it's time for an honest answer.
DeviusZwei, formerly known as Penis With Ears or PWE.
|EATERS GM| / Worst Diplomat since Dysh (but running this age, so vote DeviusZwei!)
DeviusZwei
Pickpocket

Postby ~Maliki~ » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm

I see ..

I was thinking all claims made before like tues would be given on weds. like between 8:00 and 16:00 that way we all know to expect them on that day. Im just thinking of something better because of the logout situation. if i dont logout for 5 days waiting on turns i won then i lose 5 days x's 11 turns."what u get for logging out 24 hrs" So I won 30 yet i lost 55 waiting on them ..

I really like winning the turns and the events just trying to think of a way to make it easier on all of us. Thats why i asked in public.

Voice ARENAS? like Gilbert arenas

Thanks again for the time and happy holidays to you all even DZ ;) funny fucker
~Maliki~
Peasant

Postby Gerien » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:52 pm

Ay-knee-us
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
Gerien
Threadjacker

Postby Skeezer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:30 pm

i agree with maliki and am giving up on lotto until there is a better system. have to work hard and get lucky to get them rewarded (without being wasted)
Skeezer
Stablehand

Postby Captain Spaulding » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:23 am

i have been waiting a week myself :(

glad i didnt pay for them, i would have to call the police-lol
Lost Knights Alliance
Captain Spaulding
Stablehand

Re: turns claim?

Postby Coolz » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:08 am

~Maliki~ wrote:theres got to be a better way to getting these turns.. i asked for them monday.. i won 30 plues 12 plues 12 5 days and get a message back saying done?? i was at full so i missed again and who knows where the 24 turns are??

cant there be a system where WE claim the turns..because u never know when your getting them.. and im not going to build at every 50 turns so i dont overflow. suggestions?

Yeah, if you've ever played massacre it is the same as collecting your bounty.

The problem is (I would assume) more figuring out how to automatically assign the turns to the kingdom of your choice, since they don't know which kingdom you want to use the turns on.
Stand for something or you'll fall for anything
TKO
Coolz
Stablehand

Postby ~Maliki~ » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:11 am

maybe pm the kingdom but instead of giving them they give you the turns on a claim here type thing? u see u have the 30 turns waiting for you u just collect when needed like the 5 turns for voting evernight in the mpog thing
~Maliki~
Peasant

Postby Virch » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:53 pm

i am sure kaz will get something like that done when he has time.....but for god sakes, take your whiney asses back to the guilds game where you belong.....the voices and admin spend way too much of there free time here to have to listen to you all complain.
sometimes you're the bug,sometimes you're the windshield
Virch
Journeyman

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:55 am

But if no one complained, what would the voices do?

(thinks)

[center]Image
Compose a ballad ...

Perform complex medical procedures ...

Or jerk off to beating some moron on in duel ...[/center]

You decide.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers

Postby Kaz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:01 am

Basically it works like this.

Voice PMs an Admin, Admin awards the turns manually when they get the chance / get around to it.

Alas, if the Voice asks 'Me' to award them it ends up taking longer because I'm busy most of the time. I also tend to log in most days to about 5 PMs so the turn requests may get forgotten about as they drop down the list.

Mal, your turns were requested via me so you got to wait on my chance to award them (which actually happened about 5 mins before I noticed this thread), Sunny and Gili seem to be a little more proactive so had your turns been requested through them it may have been quicker.

It has been manually done like this now for years and years with no real complaints. I think a lot of people are forgetting that the only reason why turn claims were faster when Voice George was around, was becuase `I` was Voice George. It's much quicker when the Voice doesnt need to request turns and wait on Admin to do it.

You dont want to lose turns, dont leave yourself in a position where being awarded them will cause waste. It's not as if you get full turns every 24 hours.

As for getting it automated. It's on the list, and it's not at the top of it. You have 1 person coding pretty much everything here, and I code based on requirement.

While a nice feature, there are more important things that I can be doing with my time than ensuring that you all get your bonus turns at a time that suits you. Like trying to ensure that the game will actually still work when we move servers to a server with newer OS/Software next month for example.

I suppose I could drop what I'm doing and spend my free time working instead on a nice easy tool to ensure that everyone is happy and dont have to wait on stuff that is a bonus that we 'chose' to give you.

But then the game will stop working and claiming turns will be pointless.

Learn patience, or dont play events. Simple
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby ~Maliki~ » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:00 am

not complaining for certain just trying to help..Thanks and the game is way bigger then the 12 turns :\

Just trying to help thanks all for the time
~Maliki~
Peasant

Postby DeviusZwei » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Plus Kaz has this awesome link in his sigline. I don't know if anyone has ever seen it, so I'll link it here again. It's pretty cool and it allows you to voice concerns/requests directly to admins such as Kaz, without throwing up on the boards all the time with a new "I want this added right now and why don't we already have it :cry:" thread.

Just trying to help for any of you future "I want this" posters. I am willing to bet that a form submitted to the admins in private would actually get your opinion heard and respected more by the admins than a thread calling them out in public for what you may think is a "flaw."

Also, as you can see, the form contains an "idiot filter" for the admins. My "idiot" question was, 1 + 7? Now this system really benefits the admins, as it prevents Letos in unity from ever submitting so called "concerns." :twisted: gg Kaz

Anyhow, I still think it's pronounced "Voice Anus" (no offense, I just like to say it that way, personally, and I'm hoping that's how everyone says it? :P )
DeviusZwei, formerly known as Penis With Ears or PWE.
|EATERS GM| / Worst Diplomat since Dysh (but running this age, so vote DeviusZwei!)
DeviusZwei
Pickpocket

Postby Tara » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:49 pm

Don't complain too much, hell when I was doin the events & turns I'd just off an' forget to close an event all t'gether, for like a weeks at a time ;p
I forgot. At least that's what we told myself. Image
"She's a lover, baby, an'a fighter, should'a seen it comin when it got a little brighter..."
Tara
The Wenchie

Postby owly » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:55 am

They should let me do the turns then nobody will get their turns hehehe
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
owly
Master Knight

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:07 pm

I wasn't complaining. I don't care if I ever get turns. Events allows me to use some principle strategies for team development on my guild. Honestly, they simply allow me to create an environment where everyone works towards a simple and similar goal: Lotto posts.

The quicker we respond to the posts, the more proud I am of the members in my guild. This is just another team building strategy.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers

Return to Events