Event Ideas

- Events Forum for Canon.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

Postby Lak » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:58 pm

I know this isnt the erm... i dont know.. but anyway... I figured here would be the best place to bring it up...

Any chance of us having another Survivor contest?
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~I look to my Eskimo Friend
When I'm down, down, down...~
Lak
Mad but cute

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:39 pm

Vilena and I don't want to step on Draven's toes and make another round of Survivor without at least discussing it with him, and all of the Survivor Angels.

Postby Raknarak » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:42 am

Just one that I'm not sure has been thrown out, or not.

What about a contest where instead of having to search for certain lines in sigs, or whatever, we get a description of a RP char from either Maxim or Writer's corner, and we have to figure out who they are? It could be done a bit like Spencer's Stumper's, one at a time, or just a few different characters at a time.

It might help to get more people to read both forums, and maybe get them a bit interested in joining some of these threads, or Maxim.
Lady Maven: "Rak is hot"

~Evernight's Best Villain~
Raknarak
Pickpocket

Postby Lak » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:52 am

*thinks* Raks idea got me thinking....

What about... in that sense... an event being this:

You ask a few players for their thoughts of a certain other player... basically getting them to describe the sort of person they are.. perhpas stating something they ar elikely to do or say etc... and then we have to guess who they are talking about. And obviously do this with more than one player...
~LoF~ * ~FL~ * ~AoA~
"Fractions of fear make shadows of nothing."
~I look to my Eskimo Friend
When I'm down, down, down...~
Lak
Mad but cute

Postby Voice Vilena » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:32 pm

I think we could incorporate both Lak and Raknarak's ideas into an event..I like the concept really.

Spencer, why haven't you thought of that yet? ~heh~

At any rate my little pet and I will talk about it and get something started, most likely this weekend or as soon as we catch eachother online.

Once started, you both send me a PM for 15 turns since it'd be a combo of both your suggestions.

Keep them coming as always.
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Voice Vilena » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Lak & Raknarak..an event will start this weekend incorporating both your ideas. Like I said before, once it's started (Sunday evening at the latest) send me a PM for the 15 turns. And thanks again ;>

-Vil
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby pyrana » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:51 pm

What if we did like an RP contest for Valentine's Day, like a ball or something. Anyone could RP in it, just for fun, wouldn't have to try for turns. But if you wanted to try for turns, you'd have to state that. And you could pick one of your posts to be judged for the turns for best Valentine's RP, by noting it in the top or bottom of your post or something, and only one submission per person, though you could continue to RP for fun. Or not.
She's kind of freaky... I think she's a genius.
Nagash: There are no people in Ohio. Just freaks and drag queens.
~Poor Excuse for Lak, LoF~
pyrana
Squire

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:45 pm

Pyrana, that one is definitely being chosen. I will be getting together with Vilena to work out how we want to run that one.

Once we have this idea squared away, feel free to PM Vilena for yours 15 turns.

Postby The Exalted One » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:46 pm

Hey, I don't know if this has been brought up in the past, but what about a No Limit Texas Hold' Em tournament? There's a whole bunch of sites on the Net where you can host one, and it can the sort of thing where each player starts with a number of chips and can choose to rebuy for, say, the first half hour. Depending on how many people sign up (and assuming a time slot could be worked out), you would have 10 people at a table max, and combined tables as people are eliminated. There could be prizes given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as the chip counts start to run out.

I know a lot of people here like poker, and some may even utilize poker sites in their free time (I know I personally play on UltimateBet for fun from time to time). I'd like to see whether or not this sort of event could be incorporated and whether there would be interest for one.
As long as there is thirst there's always The Real Thing.
Sultan of Sauce. Purveyor of Peppers. Bringer of Beans. The Chili Master.
Master of Ceremonies - Heal / Hurt Events
The Exalted One
Pickpocket

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:49 pm

We should have another catch the voices game. Just this time something like catch the GMs
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

name a new event

Postby SIRBJ » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:06 pm

games,games,banners,events their all the same

:roll: :wink: :oops: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :o :) :D

lets get with the craze or flop ,turn,and the river

play tables of texas holdem till the top 10 winners

rewards as follow 10th place - 6th place 3 free turns

5th place 5 free turns 4th place 7 free turns 3rd place 10 free
turns 2nd place 20 free turns 1st place 30 free turns

SIRBJ
SIRBJ
Stablehand

Postby Voice Vilena » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:45 pm

TEO suggested Texas Hold 'em also..I'll talk with Whit and see if he thinks it might be do-able and if so how best to go about it. Thanks ;>
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Sweenballz » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Party poker has an option where you can play private tables...free download too.

http://www.partypoker.com/
Sweenballz
Stablehand

Postby Voice Vilena » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:26 pm

Thank you Sween, that may be an option (one I'll add in with Whit) ..however it may also keep some people from participating simply because it requires a download. If you or other players would like to investigate no-fee card gaming sites that don't require downloads to play feel free to post the links for me =)
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Sweenballz » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:58 pm

Well seems the function for private tables is disabled in party poker (im playing now). I will check out some others for private tables, but I believe that looking for a poker game good enough to host a tournament that doesn't require a download will be an exercise in futility. I'm curious what is the reason that some wouldn't be able to play if the medium required a download. Thanks and good day miss Vilena!
Sweenballz
Stablehand

Postby Whit » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:35 am

Voice Vilena wrote:TEO suggested Texas Hold 'em also..I'll talk with Whit and see if he thinks it might be do-able and if so how best to go about it. Thanks ;>

We did this before a couple of times in Yahoo Games.
:mrgreen: Nine Sages, Inc. :mrgreen:
Don't burn your bridges behind you, you're not that good of a swimmer.
Common sense ain't that common. If it was, more people would have it.
Whit
Admin - Designated Adult

Postby Gili » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:07 am

Sweenballz wrote:I'm curious what is the reason that some wouldn't be able to play if the medium required a download. Thanks and good day miss Vilena!

Cos isnt that what evernight is about. we play the game without a download, it would be nice to participate in this competition without a dl/installation requirement. might attract more casual players then too :)
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
Gili
Developer

Postby Sweenballz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:28 pm

ok gili...

i get the idea...really...but i think you'll have trouble finding any no limit texas games in HTML...but if anyone does id love to play

as for yahoo i played like a month ago and its very boring pot limit play. i hope someone does find something workable i love a good tourney.
Sweenballz
Stablehand

Postby Old Oak » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:37 am

You can play text-based poker. Years ago I played in IRC with a few other players here.

You just need a trusted dealer who isn't playing to use real cards at their end. The dealer sends individual messages to the players what their cards are. The players all bid in an open forum, the IRC room, and the community cards are revealed in the room as well.

We could, in theory, host it on the boards. The dealer would PM the cards to each player, and the player posts in a thread all the bidding, folding, jeering, etc.

Vilena, if you like this plan, let me know and I could work with you on this.
"The tall Oak, towering to the skies, the fury of the wind defies, from age to age,
in virtue strong. Inured to stand, and suffer wrong." - James Montgomery

I killed the game once.
Old Oak
The Wood

Postby Lost_One » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:12 am

I remember once a long time ago (at least I think it was a long time ago in my sodden mind), there was a "Beauty/Talent" contest of some sort...Folks created Alts and posted with the alts before a panel of "celebrity" judges (who were also using alts).

The alts kept things from becoming just a contest based on name recognition (in theory at least).

It was really pretty fun and incorporated RP into the contest pretty heavily.

Could something like this be held again?
Lost_One
Stablehand

Postby North Dakota » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:26 pm

I remember that! I even participated.
North Dakota
Stablehand

Postby Dreck » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:49 am

what better war game than chess?
Dreck
Stablehand

Postby Jade Gazelle » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:08 am

Hmmm.
What about something rp based that was a "bacholer/bacholerette" (sp?) auction? Use new alts for it to keep it instresting and fresh.
"A rose is only sweeter when you prick your finger on it's thorn."

Jade Gazelle
Jade Gazelle
Stablehand

Postby Voice Vilena » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:02 pm

Having another Mr./Ms. Evernight Pageant I'll leave up to Sakkara - if you want to see it happen ask her (many many times, in her PM box ~chuckles~)

As for a poker tournament, okay sure, why not. I have this Saturday off from work and will have something set up on Yahoo games for it. Most likely Texas Hold 'Em unless Yahoo games doesn't have it available I haven't checked, been busy with work.

And Jade..an auction also sounds like it could be fun. We'll have one after the poker tourny :wink:

Now just help me get the word out on the poker tournament and upcoming auction.

P.S.
Dreck..if you have 12 or more people PM me saying they would participate in a chess tournament for turns I'll gladly have you set it up for me since I don't play the game ;>

Also, Sat. I'll look back through this thread and make a list of the events I'd said we'd start and didn't have then start playing those as well. As always thank you much for the suggestions.

-Vil
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Ladyaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:26 pm

Poker tourney this Sat?

Awesome! I'll start getting the word out.
Let us know specifics soon as you decide as far as times and what room in yahoo :)
GM of DoC

Team AWESOME!!
Ladyaria
Pickpocket

PreviousNext

Return to Events