Event Ideas

- Events Forum for Canon.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

Event Ideas

Postby Voice Circe » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:10 pm

You guys know the drill, I think ;>

Post your ideas and suggestions for Events here. Those who post an idea that is selected as an Event will recieve 15 turns.

You may also feel free to use this thread to post suggestions for the forum itself.
Voice Circe
Stablehand

Postby Ladyaria » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:42 am

I like the ideas of Literati and card games.
I think you could get a good crowd to join in with those. :)

How about a spades event since so many of us like to play spades?
Also what about of some sort of scavenger hunt event?
GM of DoC

Team AWESOME!!
Ladyaria
Pickpocket

Postby Sunblade » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:34 pm

Guild charters: you post a guild acronym/name, people write the most imaginative charter they can.

Adjective overflow: This one might also help with people's RP. Write a 150 word description of someone/something and fill it with the most flowery prose to describe it. It must make sense, but the person with the most impressive adjectives wins.

Stage names: Post a list of 50 or so real names, and people have to email you with the stage name associated to it. Email so that people don't get an advantage just for being on when it's posted.

Character ideas: Give a descriptive character name (Johnny "one shot" Long, etc), people have to write a 500 word background.
"I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness sound classy."
-Bern Williams
Sunblade
Retired Admin

Postby Voice Circe » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:28 pm

Aria, Sunblade, love the ideas, will process them through my lack of caffiene mind, and get back to ya's.
Voice Circe
Stablehand

Postby Kaz » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:15 am

Risk Tournament

A good online version of Risk can be downloaded from http://www.missionrisk.com/hq.htm it has a 28 day evaluation period but like alot of shareware it still works after the evaluation (of course registering for it would be preferable) Up to 6 players can play at once on the ISP of one of the players
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Ridash » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:17 pm

I tend to enjoy the writing genres, and you can do about anything with those...

So, how about a type of fight scene/duel for any style fight at any age of the timeline?
|| Ridash ||
~Hip-Hip Hoozah!~
Ridash
Stablehand

Contest Ideas

Postby Portia » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:11 am

These are some graphic-geared contests, obviously contestants will be asked to provide links rather than post their images on the larger ones.

Ye Olde Generic Icon Making contest
Make generic icons for each faith, something that a new poster can use until they have a personal one made.

Evernight Banners
Create a new banner ad for the game, each of its sub categories (aka Guilds, Turmoil, Maxim, etc) and Tempers Ball.

Guild Graphics
Create graphics based on your guild or a guild of your choosing. Insulting graphics will be thrown out. This is a game and meant to be fun.

Tarot Deck
Create a Tarot deck using posters on TB to represent each card IE The Emperor- Decae. Post your deck listing (I can provide a short list of the cards and what each represents, Major Arcana may be the way to go with this one), bonus points for actually making cards and linking them to your submission.

Evernight ICQ Skins
Make a skin for use with ICQ inspiried by Evernight!

Evernight Wall Papers
Make wallpapers for computer desktops with an Evernight theme!

Evernight Desktop Icons
Make desktop icons for your PC using an Evernight theme!

Evernight Childrens Book
Make a children's book based on characters from Evernight... this does not necessarily have to be taken seriously, but if you make a book that is a joke and not intended for children, please make note of it... dun need anyone reading it to their kids only to find that halfway through Ike shows up and... you get the idea. Make a web site and use each page as a page of the book!

Evernight Gear Design
Design a new line of Evernight Gear! Hats, shirts, stickers and the like!

Evernight Logo
Create a new logo for Evernight!
Portia - Hegemony Empress (Pink is the color of compromise)
Sexier than socks on a rooster
Telling Amaris who to kill since 1998
Portia
Trouble

Postby Voice Circe » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:52 am

Portia, marry me, and bear my children. Those are fan freaking tastic.

Anyhow, peeps, this is what I am processing through my little mind. I will likely be the only staff here for some time, for a multiple of reasons, most of which having to do with the fact that you guys are so well behaved that no one has to eagle eye you the whole time.

I am considering asking some, or all of you, to help run some of the Events you have listed.

In any event, I am using ALL of your ideas here, just will take me some time to get them all listed and running. There was so much to do to straighten everything out here, and I wanted all old issues cleared before new ones brought up. Anyway, I am rambling. The whole point of this is, everyone earns 15 turns, because I AM using all the ideas here (but, Kaz, can you find me an online, not trial version, of Risk?)
Voice Circe
Stablehand

Postby Kaz » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:18 am

[edit] Found a MUCH better Risk Game More suited to an event. Is hosted entirely online, you just register an account at the site and play a game of Risk =)

http://www.finalconquest.com/
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby Dark Cat » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:12 pm

We should do our own warped type of Joe Millionaire, and who ever can woo over the Joe, gets extra turns. The Joe would be the one of the lowest ranked members in the different games, and near the end of the game, Joe would reveal to the contestants that he wasn't the highest ranked member of the game, and who ever continued to woo him, would gain extra turns.

See, reality TV is affecting me. Oh god.

;>
[center]OEX's Pissy Pet Cat[/center][center]Dark Cat[/center][center]PURR![/center][center]AGM of War of OEX[/center]
Dark Cat
Stablehand

Postby Nimue » Tue May 27, 2003 10:15 pm

Circe, what are the chances of doing another spades contest in the near future? I know more peeps are prolly gonna be available since most are out of school for the summer now. :)
Nimue

Galthirbane is MY Snookems!
DG is my hero!
Nimue
Grandma

Postby Erik Von Oseff » Thu May 29, 2003 10:54 pm

I miss the caption contests . . .
So I suggest Caption Contests.
Better to be dead than lost, because the lost can never go home.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
Erik Von Oseff
Stablehand

Postby Phadraig » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:41 am

I threw out the idea of another chess tourney..........unfortunately I have not had too many takers yet.........any suggestions?
Ceart laidir abu
INCA
TNE
Sart, peace eternally
Phadraig
Peasant

Postby Meara » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:02 am

Based on the idea of the whole website contest ...

what about best banner - not as in a banner graphic, but as that guild banner page?

Of course, they'd have to do a representation of it without any information that would do damage to their guild but *shrugs* just an idea since most of the guilds I've known put their information there & don't bother with a website because all the relevant information can be placed on the banner screen ingame, & allow the sharing of secure & not so secure information.

Or of course I could be just being silly ... oh wait. that's normal :)
Half in Shadow, Half in Light
The Silent Dog is the first to Bite ...
Meara - The Black Dogs
Meara
Stablehand

Postby Adam Rathmore » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:09 pm

Canon Recipes

Your mission is to provide a canon based recipe.

All ingredients must be found within the walls of this game.
Detail description of food preparation must be provided.
Pictures of final product welcomed.

All races welcome to participate in this event.
Got Blood?
Founder of The Brood
Adam Rathmore
Stablehand

Postby Kaz » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm

we all have fun with the capture the staff cards game, but the last round only had about 10 cards to find.

we should do a capture the GM Cards game
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Postby KnightTaran » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:15 pm

how about a Pool tounrey?On Yahoo or Pogo.get a person to view the game and keep track of your wins,pretty basic tourney...dont reallyknow what else to say...
~KT~

RIP fallen Brothers of 5-20 Inf.
OIF June '06 - September '07
KnightTaran
Stablehand

Postby _Nagash_ » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:17 am

Another "Name that celebrity" event. But this time with musicians or (international) politicians or something.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Dusty » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:32 pm

I think it would be fun to try to guess what kind of Fish we are looking at get's some fishy pic's and have fun with them..

who know's it could get fishy
~The One that will die for his leaders!~
~The Keepers will Ride Forever!~
Honor & Pride
Co-GM ~TDoD~
Dusty
Stablehand

Postby Alhana » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:22 pm

*grin* I did a fish challenge in survivor :) it was a lot of fun.
AlhanaImage
Alhana
Peasant

Postby Kotori » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:14 pm

Y'know... cruisin the boards and all has left me wondering...

Who are the current Mr./Ms. Evernight and when was the last competition held on the boards?

I remember those glorious days of the Mr./Ms. Monarchy competitions.

If there hasn't been one for awhile... I'm thinking we should start one up soon as an official Event.

What do you think?
To truly understand the life you have...
...deny what you have been taught.
Dark Warlord of the Dark Crown
Kotori
Stablehand

Postby Voice Vilena » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:33 am

Alright everyone..with reset coming shortly I want to try and have a few events up in time for people to win turns for the start of the new age. Won't that be nifty? :wink:

Kotori..I'm not sure when the next Ms./Mr. Evernight would be held on the boards but I'll certainly ask and get back to you.

Everyone else who's posted here previously - the following are the event suggestions I'll be putting into play in the coming week, beginning today.

Aria-spades/other card games: Shouldn't be a problem to start for events, I'll get with you this weekend and figure out how to go about it.

Sunblade- guild charter, stage names(?), adj. overflow: With the stage names, did you mean posting a list of actors' character names then people submit the actors in question, or...? Let me know. The other two (charter & adj. overflow) I'll start next week by Thursday 10/30.

Kaz-Risk & Capture the GM: For Risk, again shouldn't be a problem to get going for an event as long as there's enough people to play. I'll open a thread this weekend and if you'll generate some interest and have people post we'll go from there. I'll get with you this weekend also to set things up. For the Capture the GM, I'll be posting a thread in both guilded games and see what GMs will participate. I'll wait until after reset to do this so that it's current-age GMs involved.

Portia-guild graphics, Tarot deck: Should have these event threads up this weekend or by Monday at the latest. I'll make sure to send you the links.

Erik-caption contest: Will start this one Tuesday, 10/28. I'll PM you the link too.

Nagash-name the face: Will start this one Wednesday, 10/29.

Dusty-fish pics: Just so happens that I have fish pics and trivia I'd gotten together for a Survivor challenge that wasn't ever used. So that won't be hard to start at all. This one will be up Wednesday 10/29 as well.

There you go folks. I'll get the events started and posted on the main page as they come, you all bring the players!

-Vil
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Erik Von Oseff » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:19 pm

WOOT ! I'm going to get a PM !
Better to be dead than lost, because the lost can never go home.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
Erik Von Oseff
Stablehand

Events on Hold

Postby Voice Vilena » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:05 am

Upcoming Events are on hold in lieu of the Mr. and Ms. Evernight pageants. (Poker event is welcome to keep running). Threads for signing up for the pageant as contestants and judges can be found in Comments.

Everyone who's won turns so far will be awarded them now. Events will pick back up with those listed above once the Pageants are finished.

Thanks all!

-Vil
Site/game questions? ICQ: 95982751
I did it. And if he's lucky I'll make it 3 times ;p
"Hedged about with primroses..with promises. The magic words we said when we were praying have formed a mist about us..."
Voice Vilena
Pickpocket

Postby Tierlac » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:16 pm

Movie quote trivia!!!!
D.O.T.F.R.:fire:
In pursuit of Life Liberty and those who threaten it! (the Navy stole my sig line)
Tierlac
Stablehand

Next

Return to Events