RIP Torkano / Voice Dax

- This forum will house threads that are being archived, in the memory of those who have passed beyond our mortal realm.

RIP Torkano / Voice Dax

Postby Kaz » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:17 pm

I though that those of you who had not followed us to Monarchygame would like to know

http://www.monarchygame.com/boards/view ... ?f=6&t=329

Elathan wrote:I'm not sure how many people are still playing from the old days of the original Monarchy or how many have converted back from Evernight.

I'm sad to inform those that remember Torkano that he has passed away, from what I can make out he passed away on roughly the 6th November 2009 from suffering from Cystic Fibrosis after having a double lung and kidney transplant fail.

If anybody is still in contact with Virch or other members of TNE could you please pass it along to them as I'm sure they will be upset at his passing.

If you would like more details I will see what I can do, as I only found out today myself because I went to check his facebook and say hi....

Torky you'll be missed greatly.

Elathan wrote:This is a link to Tork's facebook http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?i ... 0177855233, I'm not sure what type of security he had on it, and this is Lisa, Tork's wifes facebook link http://www.facebook.com/#/llinkerhof, Lisa has said she is more then happy for anyone here to contact her.

These are Lisa's replies to me when I enquired about Tork.

Lisa Terwilliger Linkerhof January 1 at 11:01pm Report
Thank you for msging me. He loved playing that game and many of the people in it he talked very fondly of. He was born with cystic fibrosis, and had a double lung and liver transplant. His lungs rejected so he got another transplant and about 6 months ago he went into severe rejection again. But this time his kidneys also failed. He had been spending a lot of time in the hospital, and prayed about it and made the decision to have the vent tube pulled. He was the strongest person I have ever met. I was unable to log into evernight after he passed to tell all of you of his passing. So i am sorry. But thank you again. Have a happy new year! Lisa

Rollo Moodie January 1 at 11:11pm
Thank you very much for telling me Lisa, I'd known Russ for about 12 odd years from playing the game, unfortunately due to life I'd dropped out of contact with him but when ever I got the time to play again he was always there and his same old self, this has come as a huge shock I never knew that about him, he never said in the entire time... He was a great person and I'll miss him deeply, he had the best sense of humour, but I know the kind of person he was and he will be looking over you and your family. Rollo.

Lisa Terwilliger Linkerhof January 1 at 11:15pm Report
Thank you. He always tried to keep his life private. That was the kind of person he was. I think that playing the game was sometimes a good escape for him. He really enjoyed it. Would you mind passing along the news to some of the other players of the game? They can feel free to contact me too if they like. It was nice meeting you. (so to speak). He really did have a great sense of humor though. Through everything he never lost that. Lisa

Rollo Moodie January 1 at 11:57pm
Thanks Lisa, I have left a message on the new Monarchy website... Unfortunately I don't know how many people are even playing these days or who. But hopefully the word will spread to those that know and cared for him.

Lisa Terwilliger Linkerhof January 2 at 12:44am Report
thank you so much, i greatly appreciate it and i know he does too.

A sad sad day :(
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
TEN, TMP, Peace, Fervent, LA, sLAinte
Table Warfare Miniatures
Kaz
Retired Admin

Re: RIP Torkano / Voice Dax

Postby Leif » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 am

RIP Torkykins
Give Blood, Play Rugby
When I grow up I want to be just like Caile!!
CSIP - The New Wave of Government
WTFPWND by Beta
Leif
RAGE >.<

Return to In memory