RIP Patrick Swayze

- General Comments.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Dustball OOC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 pm

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/film-star-pat ... orts/27792

Patrick Swayze died today. The Outsiders and Dirty Dancing were my two favorite with him in them. He fought a good fight, it is sad to hear that he lost that fight.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Dustball OOC
Peasant
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:55 am
Location: My new dwelling

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm

i really liked him, he lead a good life RIP....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Eos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm having a sad about this...

I Loved Patrick Swayze when I was little...I was convinced I was going to marry him when I grew up...

RIP
Eos
Stablehand
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Atla » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

I just saw that on the news... sucks. I was a huge fan.

Ghost, Roadhouse, Black Dog, Dirty Dancing... all excellent movies.
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out back, playing with Tonka Trucks.

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:45 pm

You forgot 'Red Dawn'.... that was the shit the Red Army maching up main street and watching them die, sad ending though.....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Grunt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 pm

RIP
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
User avatar
Grunt
Upper Royalty
 
Posts: 10189
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Shalimar

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Venus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Roadhouse was my favorite movie of his. Dirty dancing is a close second.
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Atla » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Oh snap!

How could I forget RED DAWN?!

The ultimate Conservative documentary of all time!

It still has one of the most badass opening scenes of all time. Soviets and Cubans parachuting onto a high school football field in the morning and mowing students down with AK's and PKM machine guns.

Image
WOLVERINES!

If you've never seen this movie - You. Are. Wrong.

At least watch the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out back, playing with Tonka Trucks.

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Atla » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Wow.

And here's one of Swayze's more embarassing movies:

STEEL DAWN!

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX1nX97yOv0
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out back, playing with Tonka Trucks.

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:21 pm

lol he was in a 'B' movie 2funny i want to see it....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Image


A...a...a...ghost
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby TEVA » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 pm

May he rest in peace! damn he lost the battle.
*
"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like
to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them.
**



OAFS
User avatar
TEVA
Squire
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 pm

He put up a good fight like my Dad and in the end he lost that fight like my Dad....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby The Next Dyvim Tvar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:59 am

He should get a corner plot, in the end I think it's what he would want.
Like John Leslie but without the Scottish accent and fractionally less rape allegations from Ulrika Jonsson.
User avatar
The Next Dyvim Tvar
Stablehand
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:24 pm
Location: Austrian chokey

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:15 am

He was in the mist of making a new tv show, he plays a police detective i think they got one season done. i wonder if they play it.....

He went to work sick
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Atla » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm

I forget the name of it, but I believe the ended it when he learned his cancer had spread to his liver.
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out back, playing with Tonka Trucks.

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby zenpig » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:25 pm

I thought a few of his movies were pretty good...not a real fan.

My mom is a bit more of a fan...also a bit weirded out because two of her nearest claims to fame, Farah Fawcett and Patrick Swayze died close together of cancer. She knew Farah fairly well in college....and she went to high school with Swayze. His mom had a dance studio and he went by Buddy Swayze then :)

Red Dawn is probably my favorite Swayze movie.....it's one of the rare movies I can watch multiple times and if I come across it while channel surfing will usually stop on it.
"The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" ~M. Thatcher

If I could buy my reasoning I pay to lose
User avatar
zenpig
Journeyman
 
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Gerien » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Atla wrote:I forget the name of it, but I believe the ended it when he learned his cancer had spread to his liver.

The Beast. They're doing a mini-marathon in his honor this week. Can't tell yet if the show will continue, though given it's Hollywood I'm sure they've already got someone set to replace him in some ridiculous plot twist.

..

God I hate this town.

[edit]Atla was right. The show was canceled when it spread to his liver.[/edit]
The network agreed to shoot an entire season of the show after Swayze responded well to his cancer treatment. iReport.com: Send us your memories of Swayze

In an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters in January, Swayze said his work on that show was exhausting, requiring 12-hour workdays in Chicago, Illinois, doing his own stunts. But he said the show's character "just felt right for my soul."

"If I leave this Earth, I want to leave this Earth just knowing I've tried to give something back and tried to do something worthwhile with myself," Swayze told Walters, when asked why he decided to do the show. "And that keeps me going, that gets me up in the morning. My work ... is my legacy."

"The Beast" was canceled in June because of Swayze's illness, after doctors told him the cancer had spread to his liver.
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Atla » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Of course I'm right.

Who are you to doubt me you sexy fudge packing homo.
.
.
.
.
I mean, not sexy, disgusting!

YEAH!

DISGUSTING HOMO!

EWWWWW!
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Out back, playing with Tonka Trucks.

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm

i hope 'The Beast' sells on DVD i like to see his last work.....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Gerien » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Atla wrote:Who are you to doubt me you sexy fudge packing homo.
.

spent a little too much time in boot camp I see...
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Take it easy on Gerien he's the only person in the world that thinks my pot belly is sexy
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Gerien » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:45 pm

All hail the Swayze.

[edit]And no, I don't.[/edit]
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby owly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:56 pm

WELL!!!

i think its sexy
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: RIP Patrick Swayze

Postby Absinthe » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 am

Donnie Darko, he was excellent.
the sky is boiling
and there's something wrong with jane
User avatar
Absinthe
Peasant
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm


Return to Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron